GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 266 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,888
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,648
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ibarramedia] #573280
05/05/10 10:31 AM
05/05/10 10:31 AM
Silver Spring, Md
I
ibarramedia Offline
Made Member
ibarramedia  Offline
I
Made Member
Silver Spring, Md

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ibarramedia] #573281
05/05/10 10:33 AM
05/05/10 10:33 AM
Silver Spring, Md
I
ibarramedia Offline
Made Member
ibarramedia  Offline
I
Made Member
Silver Spring, Md

Interviews

Highlights

The entire fight may be gone in a matter of days. Enjoy it while you can. This is the UK Sky sports 1 version.

Last edited by ibarramedia; 05/05/10 10:33 AM.
Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ibarramedia] #573283
05/05/10 10:39 AM
05/05/10 10:39 AM
Silver Spring, Md
I
ibarramedia Offline
Made Member
ibarramedia  Offline
I
Made Member
Silver Spring, Md

Naazim Richardson Told the Story From Shane Mosley's Corner

Shane Mosley fought Floyd Mayweather Jr. hard for the first two rounds of their bout on Saturday night, then proceeded to be thoroughly beaten over the final 10 rounds. Through it all, HBO's microphones caught Mosley's trainer, Naazim Richardson, attempting to motivate Mosley to turn back into the fighter he was in the first two rounds -- and growing increasingly frustrated as Mosley failed to do so.

A fairly slow first round that consisted of Mosley and Mayweather mostly feeling each other out left Richardson saying, "Everything's good. Everything's good. Everything's good. I need you to settle down a little bit, that's all. Everything else is good. When you touch him he tries to touch you back, doesn't he? That's why I need you to add that feint."

After Mosley rocked Mayweather with one of the hardest punches anyone has ever landed on him in his career in the second, Richardson was obviously pleased. But it didn't take long for Richardson's mood to change when Mosley failed to capitalize on his momentum and turned in a lackluster performance in the third round.

"I don't want you second guessing yourself," Richardson told Mosley after the third. "Stay behind your speed."

Following the fourth round Richardson started to make some tactical instructions -- and to sound concerned that Mosley wasn't doing in the ring what they had been working on in the gym.

"I need you to tuck your chin down and put your hands in the middle," Richardson said. "We worked on that, Shane. Don't hesitate."

The fifth round was one of Mayweather's best, and it led to Richardson telling Mosley he needed to land punches in volume, rather than trying to load up for a knockout punch.

"I need you landing shots," Richardson said. "I need the 1-2-3. You're trying to get that big shot. That big shot comes down the road."

By the seventh round, Mayweather was in complete control of the fight, and Richardson was practically begging Mosley to change that.

"Show me something," Richardson said. "You've got to wake up for me Shane, alright? You can't depend on one big shot. ... You look like you're fading on me, man."

The most fascinating exchange between Richardson and Mosley came after the 10th round. The fight had become so one-sided in Mayweather's favor that Richardson actually threatened to throw in the towel if Mosley didn't do something.

"I'm not going to stand here and watch you take a beating, son," Richardson said. "I know you. I know you're cut from a different cloth. Don't make me do something I don't want to do."

After that Richardson told Mosley what he wanted from him: "Move the hands, step over and come back," Richardson said.

Mosley looked so exhausted that the instructions hadn't registered, so Richardson demanded, "Say it to me! I'm gonna move the hands, step over and come back."

Mosley repeated, "I'm gonna move the hands, step over and come back."

Said Richardson: "That's what I need! You ain't tired! I know you ain't that tired if you can repeat it!"

But Mosley sure looked tired, and heading into the 12th and final round, Richardson leveled with Mosley and told him he'd need a knockout to win the fight.

"This is it, man," Richardson said. "He's got to go. You've done it before. I need it now. This is what warriors do."

But Mosley didn't have anything left, and after the 12th and final round Richardson hugged Mosley and didn't say much of anything at all. Richardson had narrated his fighter's beating, and once it was complete, he had nothing left to say.

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/05/02/naazim-richardson-told-the-story-from-shane-mosleys-corner/

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ibarramedia] #573287
05/05/10 11:40 AM
05/05/10 11:40 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
At 38, I didn't think Mosely had much left anyhow. I hope we can see the Mayweather-Pacman fight before it's too late.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: Lilo] #573288
05/05/10 11:41 AM
05/05/10 11:41 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
BTW, those are really cool pictures. Thx!

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: Lilo] #573305
05/05/10 03:19 PM
05/05/10 03:19 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Mayweather-Pacman will be the fight of the year. If you thought this bout was hyped up with media, wait until a fight with Pacman is set! The right dollar amount has yet to be waved in front of Mayweather for a fight w/Pac...when it is, look out!

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: Mark] #573387
05/07/10 08:26 AM
05/07/10 08:26 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Its the biggest fight out there in any weight! Would be a classic!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #573846
05/16/10 01:26 PM
05/16/10 01:26 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Meanwhile, Chris Arreola, who I thought was the next big thing, looked miserable against Tomasz Adamek, deservedly losing a decision. That's two big losses in a row.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: Turnbull] #573948
05/18/10 10:57 AM
05/18/10 10:57 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Meanwhile Amir Khan,the British light-weight,made his US bow on Saturday in New York at Madison Garden. He comprehensively defeated the colourful Paulie Malianaggi,the ref stopping it in the 11th. Khan can do big things under the guidance of Freddie Roach. He is definitely one to keep an eye on!

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #585750
11/14/10 05:12 AM
11/14/10 05:12 AM
Silver Spring, Md
I
ibarramedia Offline
Made Member
ibarramedia  Offline
I
Made Member
Silver Spring, Md
Manny's Lineal titles:

1) Flyweight -112 lbs (KO Sasakul)
2) Featherweight - 126 lbs (TKO Barrera)
3) Jr. Lightweight - 130 lbs (SD JMM)
4) Jr. Welter - 140 lbs (KO Hatton)

World Titles recognized by sanctioning bodies:

1) WBC world flyweight champion
2) IBF world super bantamweight champion
3) WBC world super featherweight champion
4) WBC world lightweight champion
5) IBO world Jr. Welterweight champion
6) WBO Welterweight Champion, WBO Welterweight Super Champion
7) WBC Super Welterweight Champion

World Titles recognized by the public at large:

1) WBC world flyweight champion
2) IBF world super bantamweight champion
3) Ring Magazine world featherweight champion
4) WBC world super featherweight champion
5) WBC world lightweight champion
6) IBO world Jr. Welterweight champion
7) WBO Welterweight Champion, WBO Welterweight Super Champion,WBC Diamond Champion (Honorary award)
8) WBC Super Welterweight Champion

Ring magazine titles:

1) World featherweight champion
2) World super featherweight champion
3) World light welterweight champion

Non world titles:

1) OPBF flyweight champion
2) WBC international super bantamweight champion
3) WBC international super featherweight champion

In professional boxing, the lineal championship of a weight class is a notional world championship title. It is initially held at some moment in time by a boxer universally acclaimed as the best in the class. Another boxer can only win the lineal championship by defeating the reigning lineal champion in the ring. The lineal champion is described as "the man who beat the man".

A boxer loses his lineal championship if he is defeated,moves up in weight class or retires. Not when he abandons the title or is stripped of it by the sanctioning bodies.

*Note: When Marco Antonio Barrera won the WBC Featherweight title and Ring Magazine featherweight title, he refused to recognize the WBC belt. He was still the WBC champion when he fought Manny.

On 22 June 2002, Barrera defeated Morales in a rematch, for the WBC Featherweight title, winning by unanimous decision. Barrera chose to defend the Ring Magazine Featherweight title instead of accepting the WBC title.

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ibarramedia] #585751
11/14/10 05:13 AM
11/14/10 05:13 AM
Silver Spring, Md
I
ibarramedia Offline
Made Member
ibarramedia  Offline
I
Made Member
Silver Spring, Md

Blow-by-blow blog: Pacquiao pummels Margarito

Pacquiao destroys Margarito, wins WBC super welterweight title

ARLINGTON, Texas -- It's official: 120-108, 118-110, 119-109. It's a blowout win for Manny Pacquiao. Well deserved. Tough fight, too. Antonio Margarito would have beaten a lot of guys with his effort, but Pacquiao is simply an indomitable force.
Bob Arum looks down at press row and smiles. Lots to be happy about. Pacquiao proves his brilliance in another weight class and Margarito shows he can still fight. Win-win. The post-fight press conference should be interesting, as we'll see what the story is with the pre-fight controversy.
Round 12

Margarito looks like a Law and Order victim. Pacquiao coming in, looking for the knock-out blow. Combinations stinging Margarito. No hard kill shots just yet. Pacquiao hitting Margarito everywhere. Don't know how Margarito is still standing. Round over, fight over.
10-9 Pacquiao
Round 11

This could be Manny's chance to go in for the kill. Margarito on the defensive. Pacquiao connecting. Margarito still trying to jab. Wow, Manny hammers Margarito right up the middle. Margarito still throwing though. Ref checks Margarito's vision again. Good to go. Manny continues to toss combinations at Margarito. Margarito backed up. Still standing. Good round for Pacquiao. You have to wonder if at this point, Margarito's corner stops it. He's getting punished.
10-9 Pacquiao
Round 10

The ref checks Margarito's vision. Cut is pretty bad under that eye. Margarito's shots are getting wider. Pacquiao connecting with combinations up the middle. Good combination by Pacquiao. Margarito may be hurt. Strong combination by Pacquiao. Margarito hurt! Manny can't close though, and Antonio is saved by the bell.
10-9 Pacquiao
Round 9

This fight is going at an amazing pace. I don't think I've ever seen Pacquiao this winded before. Back on the ropes, Margarito throws wide and connects. Pacquiao's punch output has slowed some. Hard right by Manny. Both fighters trying to land something. Margarito pawing at that cut. Close round but another one for Pacquiao.
10-9 Pacquiao
Round 8

Both fighters look a little winded at the start. They brawl on the ropes! Hard uppercut by Margarito. They are on the ropes again. This is not the fight Manny wants. On the ropes again. Margarito throwing haymakers now, and landing many. Good round for Margarito.
10-9 Margarito
Round 7

Ref brings Margarito over to the doctor to look at the cut. Doc says it's OK. Margarito's right eye is almost closed. Pacquiao dances, Ali-stye. Pacquiao circling Margarito, rocks him with a left hand. Margarito pushes Pacquiao to the ropes but Pacquiao counters and sends him backwards. Close again, but another one for Manny.
10-9 Pacquiao
Round 6

Margarito continues to move forward. He's looking to pin Manny down but can't find him. Hard counter punch combination by Manny. Manny is almost waiting for Margarito to open up so he can trade with him. Thudding body shot by Margarito. Hard shots by Margarito! Manny crouches, almost goes down. Pacquiao flurries back, moves Margarito back. Great round. Give this to Margarito.
10-9 Margarito.
Round 5

Margarito may have a broken cheek bone. Margarito comes forward, throwing everything now. Pacquiao responds with a flurry of his own. Hard left hook by Pacquiao. Manny's punches are coming from everywhere. Margarito connects with a combination, but Manny isn't fazed. Taps his gloves again. Good series of combinations by Pacquiao ends the round.
10-9 Pacquiao
Round 4

Pacquiao snapping Margarito's head back. But Margarito is getting more successful getting Manny to the ropes. There's a cut below Margarito's right eye. Pacquiao sees it, is targeting it. Hitting him with everything now! Margarito is hurt! That cut is gushing. Wildly swinging. Ties Pacquiao up. That cut is engulfing Margarito's right cheek. Big round for Pacquiao.
10-9 Pacquiao
Round 3

Margarito looks a little winded. Just a little. Pacquiao drills him with a 1-2 combination. More combinations from Manny. Margarito keeps reaching with that jab. Margarito keeps pressuring. His defense is a little better than I thought. Margarito flurries; Pacquiao flurries back. That straight right and left is open for Pacquiao. Margarito is letting them through. Another close round. I give it to Pacquiao.
10-9 Pacquiao
Round 2

The two are slugging it out now. Pacquiao getting the better of it, but Margarito landing. Margarito doing a lot of one-punching and Manny is throwing in bunches. Manny on the ropes, not where Roach wants him to be. Manny working the body. Tapping his head and gloves, daring Margarito to come in. Close round, give it to Pacquiao.
10-9 Pacquiao
Round 1

Pacquiao offers to touch gloves and Margarito ignores him. Both circling. Margarito using the jab early. Pacquiao looking to get inside. Good combination by Pacquiao. Straight left by Manny. Manny getting busier. Hard left by Manny. Margarito pawing with the jab. Manny swinging free now. Margarito's jab is decent but he's not throwing it enough. Score this one for Manny.
10-9 Pacquiao
Pre-fight scene

• So all hell is breaking loose in the back. Margarito's camp is questioning Pacquiao's hand wraps. Freddie Roach is demanding a pre-fight blood test because he suspects Margarito has taken ephedra, an illegal stimulant. Texas commission is refusing. It's getting ugly.
• Roach contends that the ephedra will not be detectable after the fight. I consulted a doctor on this who said the half life for ephedra is 3-6 hours, meaning depending how much was taken it could be out of his system by the time the post fight test is done.
• It's academic at this point. Michael Buffer is on stage, Nelly performing Country Grammar. We're ready to go.
• Tremendous, powerful boxing video being shown on Cowboys Stadium's massive big screen. Some savage, historical knockouts are being shown. Really hyping the fight.
• Margarito is entering the ring. Despite his history, he's got a huge crowd here. Not as many fans as Pacquiao, but plenty.
• One more note on Margarito. If -- big IF here -- it's proven he did something illegal before this fight, it's likely no commission in the U.S. will ever license him again.
• Pacquiao's turn. Another electrifying video montage backed by AC/DC's Thunderstruck and -- YES! -- the Karate Kid song, You're the best Around!
• Both fighters in the ring. Both look relaxed, comfortable right now. Whatever that's worth.
•Margarito all smiles as Buffer introduces him. Pacquiao smirking, hopping up and down during his introduction. Roach looks pretty angry right now. Wonder how much the pre-fight nonsense will affect both fighters.
Pre-fight notes

• Welcome to Cowboys Stadium, where a packed house (40,000 tickets were sold as of Friday and promoters are eyeing a 60,000 gate) is here for the super welterweight showdown between Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito.
• Earlier tonight Pacquiao weighed in on the HBO scales at 148 pounds while Margarito rehydrated to 165 pounds. That's a huge weight difference and makes Margarito easily the biggest fighter Pacquiao has ever faced. Put in another context, it's basically a super middleweight taking on a welterweight.
• Is the weight difference going to be an issue? I can tell you that there are many people in Pacquiao's camp who are unhappy with his decision to not pack on the pounds for this fight. Pacquiao thinks he loses too much speed, and it's hard to argue with him given his staggering success. But Pacquiao better be careful because illegal hand wraps or not, Margarito is a big, heavy-handed puncher who has the pop to put him down.
• Another reason to expect a knockout: both fighters will wear eight-ounce gloves. I was told 10 ounces were an option but the choice was eight.
• Stakes are high for both these guys. If Pacquiao wins, he keeps alive the possibility of a fight with Floyd Mayweather and the gazillion-dollar payday that comes with it. Margarito probably needs this fight even more. He was suspended for a year after trying to load his gloves in the Shane Mosley fight, and his one fight since then (a decision win over Roberto Garcia) didn't move the needle. A bad loss could end his career as a network fighter.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

11:28
Kieran Mulvaney:
I'm back. National anthems time. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:28 Kieran Mulvaney

11:28
Kieran Mulvaney:
Mexico first. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:28 Kieran Mulvaney

11:29
Kieran Mulvaney:
Now the Philippines. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:29 Kieran Mulvaney

11:31
Kieran Mulvaney:
And now the US anthem, sung of course by a trio of Cowboys cheerleaders Saturday November 13, 2010 11:31 Kieran Mulvaney

11:33
Kieran Mulvaney:
Quite a delightful little harmony, sung while the humungotron displayed a montage of footage of waves, mountains, and soaring eagles. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:33 Kieran Mulvaney

11:34
Kieran Mulvaney:
And now, for reasons that are unclear to me, here to sing us a little song is ... Nelly. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:34 Kieran Mulvaney

[Comment From Eddie Brock Eddie Brock : ]
coffee + plaster + epinephrine = breakfast of former champions. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:34 Eddie Brock

[Comment From MrMustSeeTV MrMustSeeTV : ]
Margarito is going to win. This is Rocky III, when Stallone didn't train hard and got his @$$ handed to him by Clubber Lang. PacMan = Rocky and he's going down. Maybe he gets him in the rematch when DelaHoya plays the role of Apollo Creed and trains PacMan for the remathc. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:34 MrMustSeeTV

11:35
Kieran Mulvaney:
My prediction, for what it's worth, remains what it has been for a little while. I pick Pacquiao to overcome some rough moments and pull out a points win. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:35 Kieran Mulvaney

11:36
[Comment From Smith Smith : ]
Manny in 5 Saturday November 13, 2010 11:36 Smith

11:37
[Comment From jl jl : ]
anyone thinks a KO in 7? Saturday November 13, 2010 11:37 jl

11:38
Kieran Mulvaney:
For those who are wanting to find out what is going on with the fight, sorry, but we seem to be still at a Nelly concert, Saturday November 13, 2010 11:38 Kieran Mulvaney

11:39
[Comment From Kwesi Kwesi : ]
Kieran, fighttime weight please Saturday November 13, 2010 11:39 Kwesi

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquiao 148, Margarito 165. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:39 Kieran Mulvaney

[Comment From DK DK : ]
Nelly was very available Saturday November 13, 2010 11:39 DK

11:40
[Comment From Smooth Smooth : ]
Kieran . . . is Arum hawking past-their-prime rappers now??? If so, Bobby Brown may be on tap for the next Cotto bout. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:40 Smooth

11:41
Kieran Mulvaney:
OK, Tom Hauser was in the dressing rooms, and here's what he reports. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:41 Kieran Mulvaney

11:42
Kieran Mulvaney:
Apparently, Pac's rep in the Margarito dressing room claims he saw Margs given ephedra. Ephedra is not illegal, but when combined with caffein and aspirin is effectively speed, and it burns off quickly so is not notuceable in postfight drug tests. hence, Roach's call for a prefight test. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:42 Kieran Mulvaney

11:43
[Comment From guest guest : ]
margarito proves to be too big and strong!! ko 6 Saturday November 13, 2010 11:43 guest

[Comment From Cottoneyed Cottoneyed : ]
Pac-Man by a TKO in the 10th! Saturday November 13, 2010 11:43 Cottoneyed

[Comment From guest guest : ]
I say margarito takes it with his size and reach pac man won't be able to vercome the bigger fight and won't be able to get on the inside of margarito i say margarito in 10 Saturday November 13, 2010 11:43 guest

[Comment From Andy Andy : ]
Pac man KOs him when the caffeine wears off....I say that's in Round 4 Saturday November 13, 2010 11:43 Andy

[Comment From Brad Brad : ]
Manny, end of 8th. Margarito doesn't answer bell. Random prediction but I think its plausible. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:43 Brad

11:44
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito highlight video playing in advance of his ring walk. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:44 Kieran Mulvaney

11:45
[Comment From timmyjim timmyjim : ]
kieran any idea on crowd numbers just trying to get a picture of what its like Saturday November 13, 2010 11:45 timmyjim

Kieran Mulvaney:
Don't have a number yet, but this place is packed and rocking. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:45 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Top Rank doing a fabulous job on the in-house presentation. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:45 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
And here comes Antonio Margarito. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:45 Kieran Mulvaney

11:47
[Comment From A49ER08 A49ER08 : ]
I'm really enjoying your guys coverage tonight, keep up the good work, and heres to a good main event! Saturday November 13, 2010 11:47 A49ER08

[Comment From C.Flores C.Flores : ]
I used to think Margarito had a chin of steel, but after the way Mosley dismatled him, I could easily see Manny catching him with a flurry of punches and ending it abruptly. Margarito seems to grind fights out. He is slow and tends to let his opponent get tired.... good luck doing that to Manny!!! Saturday November 13, 2010 11:47 C.Flores

[Comment From giantsfan276818 giantsfan276818 : ]
i thought the weight limit was 150? Saturday November 13, 2010 11:47 giantsfan276818

Kieran Mulvaney:
Yes, 148 and 165 are their fight night weights. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:47 Kieran Mulvaney

11:48
Kieran Mulvaney:
The lights go down and AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" makes the stadium rock. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:48 Kieran Mulvaney

11:48
Kieran Mulvaney:
As a video reel shows Pacquiao highlights. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:48 Kieran Mulvaney

11:49
[Comment From Guest Guest : ]
Margarito in 5 Saturday November 13, 2010 11:49 Guest

[Comment From Vinny Paz Vinny Paz : ]
Pacman, round 3. TKO Saturday November 13, 2010 11:49 Vinny Paz

Kieran Mulvaney:
And here comes Manny Pacquiao. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:49 Kieran Mulvaney

11:50
Kieran Mulvaney:
Manny Pacquiao is in the ring. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:50 Kieran Mulvaney

11:50
Kieran Mulvaney:
Man, I love me Las Vegas, but the atmosphere at this stadium is great. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:50 Kieran Mulvaney

11:51
Kieran Mulvaney:
Michael Buffer begins the ring introductions. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:51 Kieran Mulvaney

11:51
Kieran Mulvaney:
Twelve rounds of boxing, for the vacant WBC super welterweight championship of the world. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:51 Kieran Mulvaney

11:52
Kieran Mulvaney:
And now for the thousands in attendance ... Saturday November 13, 2010 11:52 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
and the millions watching around the world ..... Saturday November 13, 2010 11:52 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
ladies and gentlemen .... Saturday November 13, 2010 11:52 Kieran Mulvaney

11:53
Kieran Mulvaney:
lllllllllllet's get ready to ruuuuumblllllle .... Saturday November 13, 2010 11:53 Kieran Mulvaney

[Comment From kidd kidd : ]
Who has more fans in the stadium? Saturday November 13, 2010 11:53 kidd

Kieran Mulvaney:
Seems pretty even. Maybe a slight edge to Pacman. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:53 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
It's certainly louder when Pac is introduced. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:53 Kieran Mulvaney

11:54
Kieran Mulvaney:
Ref gives final instructions. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:54 Kieran Mulvaney

11:54
Kieran Mulvaney:
Ring empties. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:54 Kieran Mulvaney

11:55
Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 1. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:55 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito looks huge compared to Pacman. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:55 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margs jabs, Pac slips underneath. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:55 Kieran Mulvaney

11:56
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margs has a tight guard up, which will make it hard for Pac. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:56 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac looks for way in to the body. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:56 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Fast straight left from Pac. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:56 Kieran Mulvaney

11:57
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac lands a left. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:57 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
A left-right from Pac, who is settling down quickly. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:57 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Another counter combo from Pac. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:57 Kieran Mulvaney

11:58
Kieran Mulvaney:
Stiff jab from Margs. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:58 Kieran Mulvaney

11:58
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquiao's round 10-9. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:58 Kieran Mulvaney

11:59
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquaio waited until Margarito moved to throw a right hand and then would counter with two or three punches over the top of it. So far, when Margarito starts to open up, Pacquiao lands at will. But it's early. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:59 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 2 Saturday November 13, 2010 11:59 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac lands left through Margs' uard and lands a big left. Saturday November 13, 2010 11:59 Kieran Mulvaney

Sunday November 14, 2010
12:00
Kieran Mulvaney:
Lands a left to the body and Margs counters upstairs. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:00 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Left right from Margs and Pac counters with a flurry. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:00 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Another left-right from Margs, who is stalking forward. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:00 Kieran Mulvaney

12:01
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito comes forward with straight punches, Pac backs him off, Marg stalks forward. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:01 Kieran Mulvaney

12:02
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margs' jab effective in this round. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:02 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Good counter flurry from Pac at the end. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:02 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
I might sneak that round to Margarito; Tom Hauser to my left disagrees and scores it for Pacquiao. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:02 Kieran Mulvaney

12:03
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito is doing what needs to: Tight guard and straight right behind a stiff left. But whenever he leaves himself open, Pac pounces. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:03 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 3 Sunday November 14, 2010 12:03 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
One-two from Pac lands on Margs' gloves. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:03 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Nice uppercut from Pac. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:03 Kieran Mulvaney

12:04
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac digs to the body. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:04 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Lands a left. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:04 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Left-right from Margs. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:04 Kieran Mulvaney

12:05
Kieran Mulvaney:
Right from Pac sneaks over Margs' guard. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:05 Kieran Mulvaney

12:05
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margs bulls Pac to ropes but Pac counters and backs him off. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:05 Kieran Mulvaney

12:06
Kieran Mulvaney:
Quick flurry from Pacquiao at the end of round 3 from Pacquiao. Pacquiao's round. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:06 Kieran Mulvaney

12:07
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito is fighting with a tighter defense than I anticipated, which is negating some of Pacquiao's arsenal, but limits his own offensive effectiveess. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:07 Kieran Mulvaney

12:07
Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 4 Sunday November 14, 2010 12:07 Kieran Mulvaney

12:08
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac sneaked in with a nice combination, but now Margs bulls forward and pushes Pac to the ropes. Pac launches bombs to back him away. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:08 Kieran Mulvaney

12:08
Kieran Mulvaney:
Beautiful combination from Pacquiao as Margarito reaches forward. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:08 Kieran Mulvaney

12:09
Kieran Mulvaney:
Again Margarito stalks. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:09 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquaio has him hurt Sunday November 14, 2010 12:09 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito is in trouble. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:09 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquaio is killing him to the body, bending him over and leaving him open for head shots. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:09 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito weathers the storm. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:09 Kieran Mulvaney

12:10
Kieran Mulvaney:
And lands a nice uppercut. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:10 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito has a nasty welt under his right eye. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:10 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
End of the round and it was a big one for Pacquiao. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:10 Kieran Mulvaney

12:11
Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 5 Sunday November 14, 2010 12:11 Kieran Mulvaney

12:11
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito back to jabbing Sunday November 14, 2010 12:11 Kieran Mulvaney

12:12
Kieran Mulvaney:
Right left from Pacquiao sends the sweat flying. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:12 Kieran Mulvaney

12:12
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito gets Pacquaio on the ropes and works his body, but Pacquaio turns it around. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:12 Kieran Mulvaney

12:13
Kieran Mulvaney:
Right from Manny snaps back Margs' head. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:13 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Nice left inside from Manny. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:13 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Still Margs comes forward. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:13 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margs lands a straight right. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:13 Kieran Mulvaney

12:14
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac breaking through Margs' guard with ease now. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:14 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
A series of right-lefts from Pacquiao to punctuate the round. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:14 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquiao's round, 10-9. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:14 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Wow, the attendance is a lot lower than I thought. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:14 Kieran Mulvaney

12:15
Kieran Mulvaney:
41, 734. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:15 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito right now looks a little lost in there. Pacquiao is just too fast. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:15 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
round 6. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:15 Kieran Mulvaney

12:16
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito lunges with a left hand, Pacquiao fires a three-punch combination and is gone before Margarito can respond. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:16 Kieran Mulvaney

12:16
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito churning forward, Pacquiao landing fast counters, but Margarito now starting to stand up to the punches. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:16 Kieran Mulvaney

12:17
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margs lands a couple of shots inside, and then Pacquiao answers with a series of short combinations. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:17 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Shoeshining from Pacman. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:17 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito pins Pacquaio against the ropes. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:17 Kieran Mulvaney

12:18
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquaio circles away, Sunday November 14, 2010 12:18 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margs digs to his body and Pac rips him to the head. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:18 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
The crowd rises and roars at the action as the bell rings to end the round. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:18 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Close round. I'm giving it to Margarito. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:18 Kieran Mulvaney

12:19
Kieran Mulvaney:
Halfway through the bout, I have it 58-56, four rounds to two for Manny Pacquiao. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:19 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Did Margarito just gain a shift in momentum? Sunday November 14, 2010 12:19 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 7 Sunday November 14, 2010 12:19 Kieran Mulvaney

12:20
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito starting to control the center of the ring, as Pac circles. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:20 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Nice left hand from Pacquiao backs Margs up. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:20 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac does an Ali shuffle!! Sunday November 14, 2010 12:20 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Rakes Margs with a flurry. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:20 Kieran Mulvaney

12:21
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac is constant movement as Margs attempts to pin him down. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:21 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margs lands to the body, Pac responds with a one-two to the head. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:21 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Big right from Pac as Margs attampts to swarm him. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:21 Kieran Mulvaney

12:22
Kieran Mulvaney:
Another flurry from Pac, and a scorching hook as Margarito bullies him into the corner. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:22 Kieran Mulvaney

12:22
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquiao's round, 10-9 Sunday November 14, 2010 12:22 Kieran Mulvaney

12:23
Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 8 Sunday November 14, 2010 12:23 Kieran Mulvaney

12:24
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito stalking again, still behind that stiff jab, and Pacman circles away. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:24 Kieran Mulvaney

12:24
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito backs Pacman to the ropes and unloads to the body and Pacquiao counters furiously to the head. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:24 Kieran Mulvaney

12:25
Kieran Mulvaney:
Big shots from Pacman in the center of the ring. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:25 Kieran Mulvaney

12:25
Kieran Mulvaney:
Again Margarito gets Pacman to the ropes. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:25 Kieran Mulvaney

12:26
Kieran Mulvaney:
But again Pacman responds with combinations to body and head. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:26 Kieran Mulvaney

12:26
Kieran Mulvaney:
Sweeping right from Pac Sunday November 14, 2010 12:26 Kieran Mulvaney

12:27
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito throws a combination, digging to the body as he backs Pacquiao to the ropes. Pacquaio backs him away with another combination. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:27 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquiao just landed the cleaner shots. He just earns that round. But Margarito appears to be gaining strength and Pac may be waning. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:27 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 9 Sunday November 14, 2010 12:27 Kieran Mulvaney

12:28
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacman starting to look a little weary as he backs away. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:28 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito coming forward relentlessly now. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:28 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquaio firing counters to keep him at bay. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:28 Kieran Mulvaney

12:29
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquaio looks tired, He wants to catch his second wind. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:29 Kieran Mulvaney

12:29
Kieran Mulvaney:
Huge left off the ropes from Pacquiao, though. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:29 Kieran Mulvaney

12:30
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacman looks desperately tired. He is circling, flicking out punches. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:30 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
But he lands a nice counter right off the ropes. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:30 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
margarito is stronger, but is he throwing enough punches? Sunday November 14, 2010 12:30 Kieran Mulvaney

12:31
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquiao's round, simply because he threw and landed more punches, even though Margarito looks the stronger man in there. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:31 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito has to throw more. When does he's effective. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:31 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 10 Sunday November 14, 2010 12:31 Kieran Mulvaney

12:32
Kieran Mulvaney:
Both men arm weary. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:32 Kieran Mulvaney

12:32
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito lands wide shots to Manny's midsection, Manny responds with a one-two down the middle. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:32 Kieran Mulvaney

12:33
Kieran Mulvaney:
Nice flurry from Pacquiao gets the crowd going. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:33 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Does Pac have that second wind he was after? Sunday November 14, 2010 12:33 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Both Margarito's eyes look bad now. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:33 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Big right from Pacquai as Margarito comes forward. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:33 Kieran Mulvaney

12:34
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquiao has regained the momentum here. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:34 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Another combination from him. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:34 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquiao hurts him. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:34 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito was stopped in his tracks there. Pacquiao goes after him but is too arm weary himself to make the kill. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:34 Kieran Mulvaney

12:35
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquiao's round, 10-9. After 10, I have it 98-92, Pacquiao. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:35 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
But Margarito is making him work for every second of this. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:35 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 11. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:35 Kieran Mulvaney

12:36
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac has a spring in his step again. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:36 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito pops out a jab, and Pac pops him with a couple of counters and bounces away. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:36 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacquaio raking Margarito at will again now. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:36 Kieran Mulvaney

12:37
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito keeps trying to come forward though. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:37 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacman tees off with a three-punch combination. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:37 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
The referee is checking Margarito's vision. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:37 Kieran Mulvaney

12:38
Kieran Mulvaney:
He's concerned Margs can;t see what's coming at him. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:38 Kieran Mulvaney

12:38
Kieran Mulvaney:
Still Margarito tries to bull Pacquiao to the ropes. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:38 Kieran Mulvaney

12:39
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito attempts some uppercuts but Pacquaio responds with another combination. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:39 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
It looks like Margarito winces in pain whenever Pacquiao lands on the welt by his left eye. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:39 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 11 ends, it's 9 rounds to 2 for Pacquiao who is now totally dominant. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:39 Kieran Mulvaney
Kieran Mulvaney:
Round 12 Sunday November 14, 2010 12:39 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
they touch gloves. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:39 Kieran Mulvaney

12:40
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito's face is a mess. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:40 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
But forward he comes. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:40 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Walking into the Filipino buzzsaw. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:40 Kieran Mulvaney

12:41
Kieran Mulvaney:
Manny Pacquiao has just totally outclassed Antonio Margarito tonight. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:41 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
But what heart from Margarito to keep coming. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:41 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Roach was right: Weight didn't matter. Speed did. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:41 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Still Margarito chases forlornly after a target he can't see. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:41 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
He needs a home run Sunday November 14, 2010 12:41 Kieran Mulvaney

12:42
Kieran Mulvaney:
But Pacquiao lands a nice right hook. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:42 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
A left hurts Margarito Sunday November 14, 2010 12:42 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito returns to jabbing. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:42 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
That won't win him the fight but he'll make it to the end. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:42 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
The final bell rings. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:42 Kieran Mulvaney

12:43
Kieran Mulvaney:
A masterful performance from Manny Pacquiao. Utterly dominant. But there were several rounds in there when it looked as if Margarito was going to impose himself, was going to take it over with his size. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:43 Kieran Mulvaney

12:43
Kieran Mulvaney:
pacquiao looked gassed, needed to dig as deep as he has had to dig before. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:43 Kieran Mulvaney

12:44
Kieran Mulvaney:
And he weathered the storm, came back and dominated the second half of the fight. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:44 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
My score is 118-110, and I doubt anyone else has it that close. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:44 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
There could be some 10-8 rounds in there. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:44 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
The official scores: Sunday November 14, 2010 12:44 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
120-108, 118-110, 119-109 all for the winner by unanimous decision ... Sunday November 14, 2010 12:44 Kieran Mulvaney

12:45
Kieran Mulvaney:
The fighting pride of the Philippines. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:45 Kieran Mulvaney

12:45
Kieran Mulvaney:
Maaaaannnnny Pacman Pacquiao. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:45 Kieran Mulvaney

12:47
Kieran Mulvaney:
That was all the more impressive fr the fact that Pacquiao had to suck it up there in the middle rounds. But even as he began to impose himself, Margarito just didn't throw enough punches, probably because of fear of the fast counters. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:47 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacman: "it's hard. i really do my best to win the fight. He's strong. I can't believe it." Sunday November 14, 2010 12:47 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacman: "I never expected him to be that strong." Sunday November 14, 2010 12:47 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Pacman: "I got hurt to the body and the face when he had me against the ropes." Sunday November 14, 2010 12:47 Kieran Mulvaney

12:48
Kieran Mulvaney:
In the 11th round, Pacquiao was looking to the ref to stop the fight because of Margarito's face and his eyes. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:48 Kieran Mulvaney

12:49
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac: "In the 12th round, i was not looking for the knockout. I take it easy." Sunday November 14, 2010 12:49 Kieran Mulvaney

12:50
Kieran Mulvaney:
Pac: "Yes, I will continue to fight." Asked about Floyd, he said only, "I am just a fighter. That is my promoter's job." Sunday November 14, 2010 12:50 Kieran Mulvaney

12:51
Kieran Mulvaney:
Margarito: "We knew Manny was very fast. we were going good until I got cut." Sunday November 14, 2010 12:51 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Did he consider stopping the fight? "No, I'm a Mexican who fights to the end." Sunday November 14, 2010 12:51 Kieran Mulvaney

Kieran Mulvaney:
Robert Garcia: "Tony's a warrior and he never would have allowed me to stop the fight." Sunday November 14, 2010 12:51 Kieran Mulvaney

12:53
Kieran Mulvaney:
With that folks, I thank you so much for your time this evening. Time for me to go file for various outlets and shoot some reaction video for ESPN.com. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:53 Kieran Mulvaney

12:53
Kieran Mulvaney:
A magnificent performance by Manny Pacquiao tonight, who recovers from some shaky moments to dominate Antonio Margarito down the stretch and win a wide decision victory. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:53 Kieran Mulvaney

12:54
Kieran Mulvaney:
Thank you again and I'll see you next time. Sunday November 14, 2010 12:54 Kieran Mulvaney

12:54
Kieran Mulvaney:
Elvis has left the building.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/fig...und?id=5759756

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ibarramedia] #585752
11/14/10 05:15 AM
11/14/10 05:15 AM
Silver Spring, Md
I
ibarramedia Offline
Made Member
ibarramedia  Offline
I
Made Member
Silver Spring, Md

In the fight, Pacquiao defeated Margarito via a lopsided unanimous decision. Pacquiao used his superior handspeed and movement to continuously batter Margarito to win his 8th world title in as many divisions.

Pacquiao had to implore referee Laurence Cole several times on the penultimate round to stop the fight as Margarito was in an extremely bad shape with a swollen face and a large cut beneath the right eye, but the referee let the fight continue. In the post-fight ring interview, Pacquiao said that he just waited for the 3 minutes to end during the last round and did not pummel Margarito as "Boxing is not for killing".

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ibarramedia] #585753
11/14/10 05:18 AM
11/14/10 05:18 AM
Silver Spring, Md
I
ibarramedia Offline
Made Member
ibarramedia  Offline
I
Made Member
Silver Spring, Md

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ibarramedia] #585762
11/14/10 11:16 AM
11/14/10 11:16 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Another Pacman fight....another series of epic posts from Ibarra...... smile

Manny is awesome i have to say!

David Haye win again last night also so it was a good night!

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #586066
11/18/10 01:58 AM
11/18/10 01:58 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline OP
Underboss
whisper  Offline OP
Underboss
My own world.
Ibarra always comes with the best posts when it comes to boxing.

Pacquaio is a monster. What a dominant performance.

It;s seriously time Mayweather grows a pair and makes this fight happen.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: whisper] #586152
11/19/10 09:16 AM
11/19/10 09:16 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Here's hoping Whisp!

It's the only real fight out there for both of them.....

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ibarramedia] #586330
11/21/10 01:56 PM
11/21/10 01:56 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: ibarramedia

In the fight, Pacquiao defeated Margarito via a lopsided unanimous decision. Pacquiao used his superior handspeed and movement to continuously batter Margarito to win his 8th world title in as many divisions.

Pacquiao had to implore referee Laurence Cole several times on the penultimate round to stop the fight as Margarito was in an extremely bad shape with a swollen face and a large cut beneath the right eye, but the referee let the fight continue. In the post-fight ring interview, Pacquiao said that he just waited for the 3 minutes to end during the last round and did not pummel Margarito as "Boxing is not for killing".

I caught the replay on HBO last night, and it was just as you posted, ibarramedia. Margarito was just about dead on his feet in the last few rounds, but, although he was born in the US, he carried on with typical Mexican courage. Bravo to Manny for that last statement.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: Turnbull] #586369
11/22/10 02:51 AM
11/22/10 02:51 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
This brings up an old wound: Could Pacquiao have beaten Mayweather if that fight had gone thru?

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: whisper] #586821
11/29/10 11:42 AM
11/29/10 11:42 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Awesome show from Carl Froch at the weekend against the tough Arthur Abraham. A looming fight between Froch and the quality Andre Ward should be a belter!

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #586958
11/30/10 11:16 PM
11/30/10 11:16 PM
Silver Spring, Md
I
ibarramedia Offline
Made Member
ibarramedia  Offline
I
Made Member
Silver Spring, Md
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
This brings up an old wound: Could Pacquiao have beaten Mayweather if that fight had gone thru?

Yes. I'm very confident that Manny would defeat Floyd.

Re: The Boxing Thread! [Re: ibarramedia] #586959
11/30/10 11:23 PM
11/30/10 11:23 PM
Silver Spring, Md
I
ibarramedia Offline
Made Member
ibarramedia  Offline
I
Made Member
Silver Spring, Md
Best Shots from Pacquiao vs. Margarito From SI