GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 78 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,388
Posts1,059,830
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Supreme Court Won't Hear Fantasy Baseball Dispute #491036
06/02/08 02:04 PM
06/02/08 02:04 PM
Don Sicilia Offline OP
Don Sicilia  Offline OP

And here I thought we were going to read about whether JG got enough for David Wright... wink

Supreme Court won't hear case between fantasy biz, MLBAM

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court on Monday refused to step into a dispute between a fantasy sports business and professional baseball.

Without comment, the justices declined to hear the case involving a segment of the $1.5 billion fantasy sports industry in the United States, in which participants manage imaginary teams based on the real-life performances of professional players.

The lawsuit involves C.B.C. Distribution and Marketing Inc., a Missouri company unable to obtain a license from a subsidiary of Major League Baseball to use players' names in C.B.C.'s fantasy baseball games.

The Missouri company sued, saying it did not need a license to continue to sell its fantasy baseball games on its Web site.

The baseball players' union jumped into the case on the league's side, alleging a state law violation of the players' publicity rights -- the ability to profit from the commercial use of a person's name.

A federal court and the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in St. Louis ruled in favor of the fantasy baseball business, saying that enforcing state law rights would violate C.B.C.'s right of free speech protected by the First Amendment.

The National Football League Players Association supported professional baseball's request that the Supreme Court hear the case.

Re: Supreme Court Won't Hear Fantasy Baseball Disp [Re: Don Sicilia] #491102
06/02/08 06:28 PM
06/02/08 06:28 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia
And here I thought we were going to read about whether JG got enough for David Wright... wink

In my best Connie Corleone....That might be true, if plaw was still alive. smile

The Supreme Court is now interfering in fantasies?

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.