GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Havana), 82 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,168
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,835
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
History lies - Bosses who never were. #490950
06/02/08 10:57 AM
06/02/08 10:57 AM
M
MiniMafiaBoss Offline OP
Underboss
MiniMafiaBoss  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Carmine Galante was never a Boss - he was the leader of dissident faction in the Bonanno Family. Philip Rastelli was the real Boss.

Salvatore Giancana among others never had complete control of the Chicago Outfit, from the early 1950s it was Anthony Accardo and Paul Ricca.

Joseph Colombo was never the Boss of the Colombo Family, it was Joseph Gallo - the crazy one.

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: MiniMafiaBoss] #494791
06/21/08 10:07 PM
06/21/08 10:07 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
Originally Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss

Joseph Colombo was never the Boss of the Colombo Family, it was Joseph Gallo - the crazy one.

Colombo was named as the head of the family in Magliocco's place. To remove the association with its despised former head, the family was rechristened the Colombo family

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: Santino Brasi] #494797
06/21/08 10:15 PM
06/21/08 10:15 PM
M
MiniMafiaBoss Offline OP
Underboss
M
Underboss
Is it true though that Gambino put Colombo there so that he would have a puppet/boss to control. Colombo would be thanking Gambino for the honour of being boss.

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: MiniMafiaBoss] #494798
06/21/08 10:18 PM
06/21/08 10:18 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
yes, but he was still the boss also Galante was the Street Boss, which is also still a boss, and no one ever has had a complete control of the Chicago Outfit, not even Al Capone

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: Santino Brasi] #494801
06/21/08 10:21 PM
06/21/08 10:21 PM
M
MiniMafiaBoss Offline OP
Underboss
M
Underboss
So when people go on about how Capone was all that, in reality he was'nt!

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: MiniMafiaBoss] #494804
06/21/08 10:24 PM
06/21/08 10:24 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
well, no one will be able to control all of the Chicago outfit, it is still too unorganized, eventually someone might

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: Santino Brasi] #494807
06/21/08 10:26 PM
06/21/08 10:26 PM
M
MiniMafiaBoss Offline OP
Underboss
M
Underboss
They have a "Board of Directors" - a 3 tier leadership. Now is DiFronzo, Tornabene and Lombardo. Andriachhi is a Street leader.

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: MiniMafiaBoss] #494809
06/21/08 10:29 PM
06/21/08 10:29 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
well, until they get an organization like the new york families, where no one person is trying to control it all, no one really will

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: Santino Brasi] #494960
06/22/08 02:52 PM
06/22/08 02:52 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

More bulls**t. rolleyes

Originally Posted By: Santino_Brasi
... and no one ever has had a complete control of the Chicago Outfit, not even Al Capone

It looked that way, Santino. But that's because Capone ran the Outfit more like a corporation than a traditional Mafia or Camorra family. He had a kind of board of directors, and he delegated authority. For example: After the St. Valentine's Day massacre brought tremendous heat on him (and on organized crime in general), other Mob bosses called a convention in Atlantic City. Capone was "advised" to take a powder. He arranged to have himself arrested on a gun charge in Philadelphia right after the convention. During the year he spent in a PA prison, Jake Guzik, who was both his and Torrio's second-in-command, ran the Outfit. Capone resumed control when he was released. When Capone went to prison on the tax rap, Guzik and Frank (the Enforcer) Nitti ran the Outfit jointly, until Nitti killed himself in '43. Then Ricca took over.

Interestingly, brother Ralph (Bottles) Capone, a dimwit, never held a position of authority in the Outfit. And you probably know that another Capone brother became a Prohibition agent.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: Turnbull] #495139
06/23/08 11:15 AM
06/23/08 11:15 AM
Elmwood Park, Illinois
YoTonyB Offline
Neighborhood Guy
YoTonyB  Offline
Neighborhood Guy
Underboss
Elmwood Park, Illinois
On this Chicago thing today -- you gotta quit sticking names (regardless of where you heard those names) into a pre-determined organizational chart.

I don't even think "the boys" themselves understand what the chart is supposed to be today. They just know there is a hierarchy and they honor that.

tony b.

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: MiniMafiaBoss] #495167
06/23/08 01:55 PM
06/23/08 01:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Are you retarded?

Seriously, are you?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: pizzaboy] #495184
06/23/08 04:20 PM
06/23/08 04:20 PM
M
MiniMafiaBoss Offline OP
Underboss
M
Underboss
Yes, Pizzaboy, I am.

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: MiniMafiaBoss] #495204
06/23/08 06:43 PM
06/23/08 06:43 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Carmine Galante was never a Boss - he was the leader of dissident faction in the Bonanno Family. Philip Rastelli was the real Boss.

Santino, as wwell as TB have both provided you with the correct information in regards to Columbo and Galante.

But I must ask you this MiniMafia, what in the world made you make these statements? What do you base them on? Why have you drawn such conslusions with such confidence?

I am really really interested to know.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: Don Cardi] #495210
06/23/08 06:58 PM
06/23/08 06:58 PM
M
MiniMafiaBoss Offline OP
Underboss
M
Underboss

I got this one from numerous books and websites. Galante must have thought he was the Boss, as he had inducted a few people.

The Colombo thing should have never have been written by me. Mixed references.

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: MiniMafiaBoss] #504284
08/13/08 05:51 PM
08/13/08 05:51 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I got this one from numerous books and websites. Galante must have thought he was the Boss, as he had inducted a few people.

The Colombo thing should have never have been written by me. Mixed references.

It's true, Galante was never the official boss. As turncoat Bonanno underboss Salvatore Vitale would later testify, Galante was technically a captain. However, while Rastelli was in prison, Galante basically acted as if he were the boss, i.e. running a large portion of the family, holding making ceremonies, ordering hits, etc. It would be accurate to call him a defacto boss.

Also, Giancana was indeed the boss of the Outfit. It's just that the Outfit has always been run more by a committe than by a single all powerful boss. And during Giancana's reign, Tony Accardo (the consigliere) had the most seniority and the final say.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 08/13/08 05:55 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: YoTonyB] #504286
08/13/08 06:09 PM
08/13/08 06:09 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: YoTonyB
On this Chicago thing today -- you gotta quit sticking names (regardless of where you heard those names) into a pre-determined organizational chart.

I don't even think "the boys" themselves understand what the chart is supposed to be today. They just know there is a hierarchy and they honor that.

tony b.

Estimates for the membership of the modern day Outfit range from a low of 25 to a high of 65. Below is a list of 30 names who are confirmed to be made members -

1. Joseph Andriacchi
2. Robert Bellavia
3. Frank James Calabrese Sr.
4. Bruno Caruso
5. Frank Caruso Sr.
6. Leo Caruso
7. Nicholas Cataudella
8. Salvatore Cataudella
9. William Daddano Jr.
10. Marco D'Amico
11. John DiFronzo
12. Joseph DiFronzo
13. Peter M. DiFronzo
14. Salvatore DeLaurentis
15. Rudolph Fratto Jr.
16. Michael Gurgone
17. James Inendino
18. Joseph Lombardo Sr.
19. Rocco Lombardo
20. Michael Magnifichi
21. James Marcello
22. Louis Marino
23. John Matassa Jr.
24. Salvatore Muserino
25. Michael Spano Sr.
26. John Eugene Spizzirri
27. Richard Allen Spizzirri
28. Joseph Talarico
29. Michael C. Talarico
30. Alphonse Tornabene

According to authorities, John "No Nose" DiFronzo is still the boss. James "Jimmy" Marcello is still the underboss, even though he is now in prison. Same goes for Joseph "The Clown" Lombardo, who is still consigliere.

Joseph "The Builder" Andriacchi continues to be the North Side boss, but is also now considered to be the "street boss" under DiFronzo in charge of the other area bosses and lieutenants.

In the North Side, Peter "Pete"DiFronzo and Rudolph "Rudy" Fratto run the Elmwood Park crew, while John "Pudge" Matassa oversees the Rush Street crew. Joseph "Joe Kong" Culotta oversees the West Side, which includes the Grand Avenue crew and Melrose Park/Cicero crew. The South Side, which includes the 26th Street/Chinatown crew, is overseen by Frank "Toots" Caruso, along with Albert "Chickie" Rovario. Alphonse "Al the Pizza Man" Tornabene is said to have a lot of influence on the South Side and it has been speculated that he may now be acting consigliere.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: IvyLeague] #504391
08/14/08 11:53 AM
08/14/08 11:53 AM
Elmwood Park, Illinois
YoTonyB Offline
Neighborhood Guy
YoTonyB  Offline
Neighborhood Guy
Underboss
Elmwood Park, Illinois
Citations please...

Confirmed by who? "Made" how? Define "authorities." This looks like a laundry list derived from the ipsn.org web site.

I won't argue with the content (I can challenge the accuracy of your last couple of paragraphs, but won't) ... but there are a lot of nicknames conferred by the media in your list, and that tells me you got this from somewhere. We'd all just like to know where.

tony b.

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: YoTonyB] #504432
08/14/08 02:42 PM
08/14/08 02:42 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I was thinking the same thing in the "2008 family chart" thread,, where would he get this info from..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: YoTonyB] #504508
08/14/08 07:18 PM
08/14/08 07:18 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: YoTonyB
Citations please...

Confirmed by who? "Made" how? Define "authorities." This looks like a laundry list derived from the ipsn.org web site.

I won't argue with the content (I can challenge the accuracy of your last couple of paragraphs, but won't) ... but there are a lot of nicknames conferred by the media in your list, and that tells me you got this from somewhere. We'd all just like to know where.

tony b.

The list of 30 names was compiled (not by me) from indictments or press reports where they have been positively identified as made Outfit members by the FBI or other authorities. The chart from the ispn site is outdated and even back when it was released there were many glaring errors.

What do you find wrong with the last couple of paragraphs?

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: DE NIRO] #504509
08/14/08 07:19 PM
08/14/08 07:19 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
I was thinking the same thing in the "2008 family chart" thread,, where would he get this info from..

What specific questions do you have about the 2008 family chart thread? For the record, while the membership totals and family hierachies originally posted in that thread were not correct and needed correction, the list of captains of the five New York families comes from a well known poster on organized crime forums named Pogo the Clown. Many LCN family charts you see on message boards are taken from him.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 08/14/08 07:22 PM.

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: IvyLeague] #504515
08/14/08 07:36 PM
08/14/08 07:36 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
How long until Geoff figures out that "Ivy League" and "Mini Mafia Boss" are one and the same?

Enjoy your time here . . . for now.

Tick, tock . . . tick, tock . . .

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: pizzaboy] #504520
08/14/08 07:59 PM
08/14/08 07:59 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
How long until Geoff figures out that "Ivy League" and "Mini Mafia Boss" are one and the same?

Enjoy your time here . . . for now.

Tick, tock . . . tick, tock . . .

Trust me, I'm not Mini Mafia Boss (whoever that is). I am a regular poster on a number of other organized crime forums.

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: IvyLeague] #504546
08/15/08 04:24 AM
08/15/08 04:24 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
The only difference is he can spell better,my instincts tell me something is wrong though

If i come across the table and take your f*****g eyes out ,will you remember

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Uw0DUAGo

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pv7H4YkFKs
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: chopper] #504606
08/15/08 11:23 AM
08/15/08 11:23 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
indeed... I think an IP check is in order

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: chopper] #504665
08/15/08 02:31 PM
08/15/08 02:31 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: chopper
The only difference is he can spell better,my instincts tell me something is wrong though

Feel free to check my IP address. I'm not "Mini Mafia Boss." As I said before, I am a regular poster on other organized crime forums. I'm not here to bullshit. What I post is well researched, not just by me, but by many others.

Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: IvyLeague] #504696
08/15/08 03:27 PM
08/15/08 03:27 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

They're not even on the same continent, so let up a little. wink
Ivy - please don't post any more copyrighted material, especially when it comes from a PAY site. Thanks.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: History lies - Bosses who never were. [Re: J Geoff] #504700
08/15/08 03:52 PM
08/15/08 03:52 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

They're not even on the same continent, so let up a little. wink
Ivy - please don't post any more copyrighted material, especially when it comes from a PAY site. Thanks.

My apologies. Won't happen again.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull