GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 360 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,594
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,068
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,368
Posts1,059,470
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 47 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 46 47
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Lompac] #532738
02/24/09 07:46 AM
02/24/09 07:46 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Of course he does. Go check out his Zombie forum he made.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: whisper] #532758
02/24/09 11:55 AM
02/24/09 11:55 AM
Lompac Offline
BANNED
Lompac  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Its not April Fool's Day!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Lompac] #532775
02/24/09 12:23 PM
02/24/09 12:23 PM
Lompac Offline
BANNED
Lompac  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Who here was telling me that My Little Pony was good? I think it was Logneck.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it was. I definately remember him saying that My Little Pony was so much better then GF 1.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: J Geoff] #532779
02/24/09 12:39 PM
02/24/09 12:39 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Finally watched them, back-to-back:

Grindhouse is the double-feature featuring:

Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof (2007) (Kurt Russell, Zoe Bell, Rosario Dawson). IMDb plot: "Two separate sets of voluptuous women are stalked at different times by a scarred stuntman who uses his 'death proof' cars to execute his murderous plans."

I loved the classic movie "Feature Presentation" and "Restricted" animations in the beginning, but I have to admit the old film effect, while at times creatively placed, was often just distracting -- in both films. But as for Death Proof itself, I thought it started out a bit slow, but halfway into the second story 'til the end, it made up for it and I loved it! Tarantino style throughout.

Robert Rodriguez' Planet Terror (2007) (Rose McGowan, Freddy Rodríguez, Josh Brolin, Bruce Willis). IMDb plot: "After an experimental bio-weapon is released, turning thousands into zombie-like creatures, it's up to a rag-tag group of survivors to stop the infected and those behind its release."

I don't know what it is, but for me I just cannot take zombie movies very seriously. I have yet to see one that looks realistic at all, but maybe that was the intention (being all retro and all). Nothing really new here, but entertaining nonetheless.

Geoff, did how did you watch them? On DVD? Or did you watch the original theatrical release version, with all the fake trailers, streaming on NetFlix?

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Blibbleblabble] #532786
02/24/09 02:25 PM
02/24/09 02:25 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Geoff, did how did you watch them?

Yeah, streamed from Netflix.

I was digging the (fake) trailer for "MACHETE" and was hoping it was an actual vintage b-film. They made it look very retro. But alas, instead of a full-length DVD extra, he's actually releasing it as feature. uhwhat Should be interesting...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: J Geoff] #532801
02/24/09 07:11 PM
02/24/09 07:11 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Netflix has the full, theatrical cut? How?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Irishman12] #532807
02/24/09 08:54 PM
02/24/09 08:54 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I don't know if it's some "theatrical" cut or whatever -- they came up as 2 individual titles, one preceded by the MACHETE trailer...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: J Geoff] #532814
02/24/09 09:35 PM
02/24/09 09:35 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Did you see trailers for DON'T, THANKSGIVING or WEREWOLF WOMEN OF THE SS?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Irishman12] #532823
02/24/09 11:04 PM
02/24/09 11:04 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
We watched "Vantage Point" the other night. It's about the alleged assassination of the President of the US while he's in Spain. The shooting is shown over and over from the various POVs of the people present. I thought it would be annoying to see repetitive footage, but it was well done and certainly kept our attention. It's worth seeing.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Irishman12] #532835
02/25/09 12:07 AM
02/25/09 12:07 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Did you see trailers for DON'T, THANKSGIVING or WEREWOLF WOMEN OF THE SS?

No, I don't think so

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: J Geoff] #532860
02/25/09 09:40 AM
02/25/09 09:40 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Ok, that wasn't the theatrical cut then.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Irishman12] #533379
03/03/09 01:58 AM
03/03/09 01:58 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

HEAVEN'S GATE (1980) - ***1/2

"We all wanted to be the next David Lean, and we all failed." - Brian DePalma

That quote was DePalma's description of his fellow famed filmmaker Bratswho effectively ran Hollywood in the 1970s. Yet intentionally or not, it's most suited for Michael Cimino who in two films went from an Oscar-winning director of the popular classic THE DEER HUNTER to the blackballed poster-child of cinematic egotism in HEAVEN'S GATE.

I won't repeat the well-rehearsed story about that infamous production, for you can easily google all that up. I think the best GATE anecdote is from Director of Photography Vilmos Zsigmond, who recounted how a whole day of shooting was wasted so to get the perfect shot, ruined by an overcast. The crew waited and waited, until it's 4 PM and lunch hadn't even been served yet. Zsigmond nerves up and asks Cimino about this delay, and he yells: "This is bigger than lunch!"

So yes alot of that was Cimino's fault, but his costly shenanigans were in retrospect incredibly on par for that studio epoch when directors apparently got the keys to the bank, and used them well. I'm talking Francis Ford Coppola's APOCALYPSE NOW, Martin Scorsese's NEW YORK, NEW YORK and RAGING BULL, Steven Spielberg's 1941, William Friedkin's SORCERER, and Warren Beatty's REDS. All those projects for better or for worse were guys basically getting to do whatever the fuck they wanted. Hell actor Mickey Rourke made his film debut in 1941 and his next movie after that? HEAVEN'S GATE. A coincidence? Yes.

So why is GATE singled out in Hollywood infamy?

The easy answer would be that for the most expensive picture of its time, HEAVEN'S GATE practically lost almost its entire $44 million investment. OK that's a good reason, but so did the Unification Church-funded Korean War drama flop INCHON, yet nobody ever mentions that. The other facet is the myth that it bankrupted the studio United Artists, which btw is bullshit, since its parent corporation Transamerica wrote off that budget and regained it all within a trading day at the stock market. But it was from the sheer embarrassing public humiliation of that defeat why UA was sold off, like how Blockbuster famously years ago passed up a chance to buy then-struggling Netflix because they were developing their own Internet downloading service with Enron, but then Enron went bankrupt, and that project floundered about $600 million. Shit, GATE is milk money compared to that.

Have you noticed a pattern? I've been talking about GATE, everything but the film itself. It's that aura and mystique of shame and failure that quite frankly intimidated me from reviewing GATE for years. I mean one of the supposed worst movies ever made, all 219 minutes? Fuck that. But 2 years ago, I decided finally to grow a pair. Whenever I review by DVD on my big screen television, I get a notepad which I then pen down thoughts and criticisms so you know I won't forget them for the actual review. The other ritual of mine is that I never stop the film when I'm viewing. Yes maybe a pause or two for the toilet, but I'm not many folks who simply stop a picture mid-stream and continue it another day. Cinema has an energy, a continuous momentum punch that I usually think can't resume or sustain if you piecemeal it.

Maybe that was was my problem, why it took me that long to finally write this review, for afterwards I was damn numb emotionally and intellectually for I couldn't decide if I absolutely loved HEAVEN'S GATE, or absolutely fucking hated it. While it pisses me off with it's lethargic self-admiring pace, such that it tests the patience of everyone, hell probably even make Sergio Leone and David Lean squirm in their seats, I'm simultaneously stunned by Zsigmond's cinematography. Not only should it have won the Oscar that year, it's also one of the best shot films I've ever seen. It tells Sir Ridley Scott to go piss off. Hell even GATE's most ardent detractors admit it did good there:

Another good example, but sadly I haven't found a YouTube clip, is this long sequence at the train station in town where without cuts Cimino follows this train conductor from his cramp barely-lit interiors to outside the door, revealing to us a huge unbelievablely bright landscape of the town and railroad (w/ functioning train) all built from scratch. Considering this was back before computers, this is stunning and even more impressive. For that one terrific shot at least, the fortune was worth it.

The story is lacking, but I expected as much from anyone that tries to emulate Lean and Leone, where the script is merely a vehicle for harmonic larger-than-life visual poetry. But the difference is that unlike masterpieces like say LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST, Cimino's GATE suffers mostly from is because of how goddamn redundant the plotting is. I believe it was Zsigmond who remarked that Cimino's problem on GATE was that "He fell in love with his movie."

You have the opening 20 minute(!) prologue at Harvard in 1870, all to show thematically how graduate Kris Kristofferson at youth was very optimistic and ambitious, looking towards the west hopefully as the future in pure American Transcendentalistm spirit. Yet is all that necessary to make that point? I mean a bitter line shared later in 1890s Wyoming between him and fellow classmate John Hurt was as effective in dealing with bright idealism fighting with gritty reality. That said, I did dig that whole graduation co-ed dancing sequence, reflecting a rare social occassion in Victorian times when the sexes could openly express their love and sexuality. A nice nuanced touch.

Anyway, the rest of the movie is Ivy League aristocrat-turned-cowboy Kristofferson (doing his best Theodore Roosevelt) defending Eastern European immigrant farmers from a mercenary army of assassins hired by wealthy greedy landowners (led by Sam Waterson), with a death list unofficially sanctioned by the Federal government. Kristofferson also is trapped in the Classic American Romance Triangle, between his foreign prostitute (Isabelle Huppert) and a bounty hunter (Christopher Walken). GATE was based off a real historical conflict in the Johnson County War, though unlike the movie, the U.S. Army actually arrested the cattlemen for contracting the killers and didn't save them at the last minute from the homesteaders defending themselves.

Which is interesting, considering alot of GATE's budget got blown from Cimino wanting to be very meticulous with the historical accuracy of that time period from props, costumes, sets, music, dancing, everything but his screenplay. So GATE was like Cimino's ambitious mixed bag of MCCABE & MRS. MILLER meeting GONE WITH THE WIND. He did include a detail which I never knew beforehand, which was that apparently alot of these farming community actually had... wait for it....roller skating rinks. This begs the question, why haven't we gotten a western shoot-out involving a rink yet?

What is lost within the long pauses and wide shots is that there is actually some good acting going on here, which you would expect from a cast that also includes Jeff Bridges, Brad Dourif, and Rourke. Yeah Huppert's thick French tongue is scrambled for me at times, but I get the idea behind Cimino's casting: Sweet immigrant whore with the expected rough English, and plus she has nice tits. Kristofferson may seem out of place, but he's going for a rich boy-roughnecking Theodore Roosevelt here, so it works. Also take that scene when Walken busts into Waterson's tent and shoots his lackey right between the eyes, and of course that baddie is rattled. But after a moment or two, he straightens up and firmly acts as if nobody's brains had been blown across his table, and warns Walken to screw off. GATE features an underrated strong physically charismatic performance from Walken, typecasted back even then as the creepy violent psychopath. Notice too how Waterson sports a Hitler-esque mustache as the genocidal WASP.

If GATE is remembered in America as one of the most important films in Hollywood history (for all the wrong reasons), in Europe and Japan it's critically highly considered a classic, even a masterpiece by some. I think this vast difference between the oceans is explained away by the very reason why GATE pissed me off and so many others in the first place. It's a surprisingly bitter melancholic narrative, as if Cimino wanted to make an anti-western, where the dynamic badass intelligent gun-slinging individuals don't prevail and in fact are trampled by society in large, where the industrialists stomp on the little people and get away with it.

A would-be American tragedy, you could say where Kristofferson wanted to escape the Eastern establishment to out west find his own fortune and love, only to be beaten and driven back East and as an old man compromised by settling down into a marraige within his social class. GATE was in fact accused back in the day for being Marxist or a "Red Western," an ironic criticism considering GATE's price tag.

In short, that message seems more receptive in collective societies, while Hollywood in 1980 had and still doesn't have such interest in a long-winded very depressing tale that can drive one to drink. Or maybe not, I don't know. All I'm saying is, put aside it's reputation and maybe give HEAVEN'S GATE a honest chance, but take a real good resting break during intermission. You'll thank me later. At best, you'll find maybe a greatly secret treasure, and at worst suffer a pretty boring historic curiosity with a good soundtrack, and see a horse actually blown up, which is why the American Humane Association has subsequently monitored the handling of all animals in film productions to this day. Thanks Michael.

I guess if I wanted ot sum it all up short and nicely (too late just like GATE), I think of the great rock band The Clash's great album SANDINISTA!, which bombed with bad buzz, and even today many devout Clash fans won't bother exploring that 3-disc opus. Yes there was much self-indulgence, but I'll kindly take the great music with the random experimental tunes and filler-reggae dubs. Not exactly a perfect analogy, but I accept ambitious-if-to-a-big-fault GATE. Warts, intestines, roller skates, cockfighting, burning cabins, exploding horsey, and all.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #533853
03/08/09 06:03 PM
03/08/09 06:03 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
For anyone who hasn't seen WATCHMEN, I would definitely advise to seeing it in the theater. I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and say it's gonna wind up being my favorite movie of the year. It runs at 2 hours 45 minutes but believe me, the time flies. I heard Zack Snyder is going to release a director's cut with a run time of about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. I can't wait. Snyder's 2 for 2 now with comic book movies. I can't wait to see what he has planned next!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Irishman12] #534195
03/12/09 05:19 AM
03/12/09 05:19 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Last night the family watched a golden oldie,one of my favourite books,

A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN directed by the mighty Elia Kazan. I have seen it before but enjoyed it again,but even the kids liked it despite thier gasps of horror at it being in black and white tongue

Last edited by Yogi Barrabbas; 03/12/09 05:20 AM.

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #534200
03/12/09 07:34 AM
03/12/09 07:34 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
One of my favorite books as well, Yogi. I admit that I've never seen the movie, though. I'll have to look for it now.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Sicilian Babe] #534236
03/12/09 08:28 PM
03/12/09 08:28 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

A Fistfull of Dollars

Why are the voices of the Mexicans off with the audio? And what is a white family doing controlling half a Mexican town?

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Longneck] #534248
03/12/09 10:04 PM
03/12/09 10:04 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Originally Posted By: Longneck
A Fistfull of Dollars

Why are the voices of the Mexicans off with the audio?

I just learned about this about a month ago. A lot of the Italian movies from that time were filmed in the actors native language. So in a scene with an Italian actor speaking to an American actor, they were actually talking to each other in different languages, and then voices were dubbed later depending on where the movie was being played.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #534254
03/12/09 11:20 PM
03/12/09 11:20 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN

What, that's a real book and not just a Bugs Bunny reference??

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Blibbleblabble] #534282
03/13/09 02:35 PM
03/13/09 02:35 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Originally Posted By: Longneck
A Fistfull of Dollars

Why are the voices of the Mexicans off with the audio?

I just learned about this about a month ago. A lot of the Italian movies from that time were filmed in the actors native language. So in a scene with an Italian actor speaking to an American actor, they were actually talking to each other in different languages, and then voices were dubbed later depending on where the movie was being played.

Still a great film and Soundtrack.. smile

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: DE NIRO] #534340
03/14/09 02:59 AM
03/14/09 02:59 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Absolutely! A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly are three of my favorite movies. They have their flaws but so many more strengths, like the music as you mentioned. And Clint Eastwood is awesome. I know some people have issues with the films he has directed, but I don't know how anyone could dislike his acting in these films.

Speaking of Spaghetti Westerns, has anyone else seen My Name is Nobody? It stars Henry Fonda. It's similar to the other three mentioned above but has a lot of comical scenes that seem out of place. However those comical scenes add to the charm of the movie. It has a good story and catchy soundtrack (by Ennio Morricone) as well. Very unique western!

Last edited by Blibbleblabble; 03/14/09 03:19 AM.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Blibbleblabble] #534419
03/14/09 06:13 PM
03/14/09 06:13 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Actually watching MEAN STREETS as i post.

Brilliant stuff.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #534443
03/15/09 06:56 AM
03/15/09 06:56 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I just saw Cadillac Records.

This was the story of Chicago based Chess Records. Chess was a dominant actor in the world of early blues, jazz and rock-n-roll. It was the home of such legendary artists as Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Chuck Berry, Howling Wolf, Etta James, Jimmy Witherspoon, Buddy Guy and Bo Diddley. The film was titled Cadillac Records because of the label owner's proclivity to cheat his stars out of royalties and pay them in new Cadillacs instead.

The film starred Adrien Brody, Gabrielle Union, Vincent D'onofrio, Cedric, Eamonn Walker, Jeffrey Wright, Mos Def, and Beyonce. With all of that talent, the film should have been better. But it wasn't. It looked and felt like a made for TV movie. It lacked the intensity of Ray (starring Jamie Foxx) which covered similar ground. An invented romance between Leonard Chess and Etta James falls flat. There are parallels drawn between Muddy's desire to escape the plantations of Mississippi and Leonard Chess' desire to escape the ghettos of eastern Poland. Curiously the film makes no mention of Phil Chess, Leonard's brother and business partner.

The film accurately depicted the different approaches of Howlin Wolf and Muddy Waters to label exploitation and interference. Waters was more of a "company man" and didn't object to recreating a paternal plantation style relationship with Leonard Chess. Waters knew he was being cheated but also knew that Chess would take care of him. Wolf (played superbly by Eamonn Walker) was different. Wolf didn't accept any "gifts" from label owners, paid for his own home and cars, and resisted anyone telling him how to run his band. This was true to life. Howlin Wolf was 6-6 and 300# in his salad days so there weren't very many people who tried to push him against his will.

Jeffrey Wright looks nothing like Muddy Waters but he did a fine job recreating the man's mannerisms and style. Mos Def does have a slight resemblance to Chuck Berry and turned in an excellent performance showing Chuck's defensive sarcasm against the racism of the day. Mos also nailed Chuck's precise diction and expansive vocabulary.

The real problem of the film is that with the exception of the actor (Columbus Short) playing Little Walter, it is difficult to suspend belief. You never forget that these are just actors. Good actors but there is no one who takes over a role and blurs it like Jamie Foxx did in Ray.

Little Walter's explosive temper, incredible talent and self-destructiveness make up something of a theme throughout the film. The victim of numerous police beatings and also an alcohol and drug addict, Little Walter died young. His death marks something of a turning point in the film.

A final nitpick for any blues fanatics is that the film shows Muddy playing various Gibson Les Pauls when everyone knows Muddy was primarily a Fender Telecaster man.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Lilo] #534476
03/15/09 05:17 PM
03/15/09 05:17 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: Lilo

A final nitpick for any blues fanatics is that the film shows Muddy playing various Gibson Les Pauls when everyone knows Muddy was primarily a Fender Telecaster man.

That's a pretty big mistake, I have to say. It'd be like Hendrix playing right-handed.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Don Andrew] #534814
03/19/09 01:40 AM
03/19/09 01:40 AM
H
hoohoney Offline
SPAMMER
hoohoney  Offline
SPAMMER
H
Associate
now i have watched bones and stargate atlantis.

the plots of these are so attractive to me.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: hoohoney] #534815
03/19/09 01:43 AM
03/19/09 01:43 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Bones is good... I like almost all the primetime FOX shows cool

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: J Geoff] #534962
03/20/09 08:13 PM
03/20/09 08:13 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Bones is good... I like almost all the primetime FOX shows cool

Yeah it is good I've been watching past episodes on DVD about the last 3-4 days.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: The Iceman] #535200
03/23/09 11:32 AM
03/23/09 11:32 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Re watched JACKIE BROWN last night at work.

Forgotten what a good film this actually is.

Jackson is awesome as the fast talking crook and Bob de Niro is great as his shambolic sidekick.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #535201
03/23/09 11:40 AM
03/23/09 11:40 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Re watched JACKIE BROWN last night at work.

Is your place hiring, Yogi? wink

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: J Geoff] #535202
03/23/09 11:43 AM
03/23/09 11:43 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yes Geoff. Quiet nights are great,watch movies and read books all night smile

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part II [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #535211
03/23/09 12:34 PM
03/23/09 12:34 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Pity theres no PC, you could be on here all night.. smile

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Page 24 of 47 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 46 47

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull