GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 232 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,000
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,241
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Grand Theft Auto IV #480669
03/19/08 06:18 PM
03/19/08 06:18 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
This is comin out next month. Anyone plan on gettin it? I want it, but don't have a 360 or PS3. It sucks ass they aren't releasin it on PS2.

GTA: IV

Last edited by Patrick; 03/19/08 06:20 PM.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Patrick] #480959
03/21/08 09:38 PM
03/21/08 09:38 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Hi, Patrick! \:D

Not interested in the game, just saying hello.

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 03/26/08 12:05 PM.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #481508
03/26/08 03:12 AM
03/26/08 03:12 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I've had it pre-ordered for PS3 for a few months now. I can't wait! \:\)

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: XDCX] #481611
03/26/08 11:25 PM
03/26/08 11:25 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline OP
Patrick  Offline OP

West Chester, PA
Yeah it looks bangin... my room mate has a 360, but I'm more of playstation fan.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Patrick] #485557
04/24/08 10:11 AM
04/24/08 10:11 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Just 5 more days!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: XDCX] #485696
04/24/08 07:51 PM
04/24/08 07:51 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Looks absolutely awesome but I'm not getting a new game system for it.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Longneck] #485740
04/25/08 03:19 AM
04/25/08 03:19 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
 Originally Posted By: Longneck

That's exactly how I feel. I'd buy it, but I don't have any of the new systems (Except the Wii, but that doesn't seem to count).

Maybe someday when even more new technology arrives I'll buy the old stuff for cheap and give it a try. In the meantime I look forward to the reviews on here.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Blibbleblabble] #485764
04/25/08 10:10 AM
04/25/08 10:10 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I'll be picking it up for the PS3. GameStop is opening up at midnight on Tuesday for the release, but I'm not gonna be one of those crazies camped outside for 6 hours waiting. I pre-ordered mine, so my copy is guaranteed.

I'll definitely let you guys know what I think of it on Tuesday...that is if I can pull myself away from it for 5 minutes.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Blibbleblabble] #485964
04/26/08 10:02 PM
04/26/08 10:02 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

That's exactly how I feel. I'd buy it, but I don't have any of the new systems (Except the Wii, but that doesn't seem to count).

Maybe someday when even more new technology arrives I'll buy the old stuff for cheap and give it a try. In the meantime I look forward to the reviews on here.

Yeah, I can't see myself getting a new system until xbox 360's are really cheap, but even then I'd probably get a Wii instead.

I'd get it if it came out in DS though.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Longneck] #485995
04/27/08 01:56 AM
04/27/08 01:56 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

I'd get it if it came out in DS though.

I looked into this and it's a possibility. Nothing has been officially announced but there is this...

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Longneck] #486017
04/27/08 08:46 AM
04/27/08 08:46 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
IGN.com already has their review of the game up. Both IGN and IGN UK rated it a 10/10, which is unprecedented. They haven't given a 10 to a console game since the original SOUL CALIBER back in '99.

IGN.com -- Grand Theft Auto IV Review (PS3)

Tuesday can't come soon enough!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: XDCX] #486533
04/30/08 08:39 PM
04/30/08 08:39 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
So I picked up the game yesterday. I didn't get to play much because I had to work, but my initial reaction was "whoa."

I've put a bit more time into it today, and it's amazing. Everything from the graphics, the acting, everything. Liberty City feels like a real city, with real people. I'm in awe of this game.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: XDCX] #486548
04/30/08 11:50 PM
04/30/08 11:50 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
So it's worth the 60 bucks?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Mignon] #486669
05/02/08 12:20 AM
05/02/08 12:20 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
How much does a PS3 or XBOX 360 cost these days? I'm considering getting one of those systems just for GTA IV.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Blibbleblabble] #486702
05/02/08 09:49 AM
05/02/08 09:49 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

The more I hear about or see this the more I want it but still not enough to pay $400 or so to be able to play it. I just don't have enough time to make it worthwhile, a game like this you need a week to lock yourself in a room and sleep 3 hours a day to play it.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Longneck] #486707
05/02/08 10:06 AM
05/02/08 10:06 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I think now is as good a time as any to plunk down the money for a new system (for those seriously considering it).

GTA4 is literally one of the best games I have EVER played. Everything about it is incredible (yes, I said that in my last post, but it bears repeating.) You've never seen a city so alive, bursting with so much detail and personality. Niko Bellic is an incredibly likeable character (for a sociopath), the supporting cast is great, and the story is one of the best ever put to paper for a video game, and, dare I say, trumps most anything coming out of Hollywood recently.

I still haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but will soon.

I've got the PS3 version, but the 360 version will be receiving exclusive downloadable "episodes" later on down the line, which sucks for PS3 owners, but I'm pretty sure it's only a timed exclusive for Microsoft.

Seriously, you guys gotta check this game out.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Blibbleblabble] #486764
05/02/08 03:03 PM
05/02/08 03:03 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
How much does a PS3 or XBOX 360 cost these days? I'm considering getting one of those systems just for GTA IV.

A basic PS3 is around $400. IMO, it's a bargain considering you're also getting one of the better Blu-ray players too. You can also easily upgrade the HD that comes with it. I upgraded mine for around $50 for a 120GB drive. I also installed Linux on it, and use it as a computer too.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Just Lou] #487094
05/06/08 03:23 AM
05/06/08 03:23 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
$400, plus the money for the game.... now if only I could buy some time away from my responsibilities I'd be in business.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Blibbleblabble] #487144
05/06/08 02:28 PM
05/06/08 02:28 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

$400 is a lot of money. It was a no-brainer for me though. I have a 61" HD TV in my living room, and "needed" a Blu-ray player. The cheapest stand alone Blu-ray players are still around $400.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Just Lou] #490116
05/28/08 09:21 AM
05/28/08 09:21 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Well, I've played through the entire single-player mode of GTAIV, and it was awesome. I've played a lot of great games in my life (and quite a few crappy ones), but I will be so bold as to say GTAIV is the greatest piece of interactive entertainment ever produced.

Great story with an unforgettable cast of characters. The production values are through the roof with limited load times (just between missions, and the initial load screen at the beginning.) The driving mechanics take some getting used to, but you'll be tear-assing around Liberty City in no time.

Some of the missions you'll encounter are of the classic-GTA formula, but there are quite a few surprises strewn throughout, and even certain instances where you're given choices on a particular action. Do I kill this guy or let him live? If you let certain characters live, you may come across them later in the game. Kill them, and they're dead for good.

The taxi service in the game is absolutely brilliant. Instead of having to drive yourself all the way to the other side of the map for a mission, you can hail a taxi to pick you up. Sit back and enjoy the ride, or skip to the location at extra cost. The ability to restart a mission if you fail is also a welcome addition (and you will fail missions from time to time).

The relationship system in the game is like an upgraded version of the "girlfriends" you could have in SAN ANDREAS. You can call up a friend (or they'll call you) and invite them to do a number of things, such as bowling, playing a game of darts or pool, see a show (there are a couple celebrity cameos at the comedy club), or go drinking. The drinking mini-game will likely cause ROCKSTAR GAMES a ton of problems with the anti-videogame crusaders out there, but it fits into the context of the game. Go out drinking with a buddy, and you'll literally be stumbling and falling all over the place. It's a challenge just to get to your car, and then once you get IN the vehicle, the REAL fun begins. The camera sways back and forth, the screen blurs, and the car kinda has a mind of its own. If you come across a police officer while driving drunk, they'll give chase. It's a fun little diversion that will likely get blown WAY out of proportion. It MAY be a little much, but nowhere near as bad as many politicians will have you believe.

Liberty City has changed since the last time we explored it's streets. It's been rebuilt from the ground up, and is based HEAVILY on New York City. There are 4 boroughs and a seperate state based on New Jersey (called Alderney). The four broughs are based on four of the main boroughs in NYC. You have Broker (Brooklyn), Bohan (The Bronx), Dukes (Queens), and Algonquin (Manhattan). The developers were gonna add an area based on Staten Island, but they didn't feel it would be a fun place to explore in the context of a video game. You'll see such landmarks as Rotterdam Tower (Empire State Building), Middle Park (Central Park), and the Statue of Happiness (Statue of Liberty.) You can even visit Firefly Island (which is based on Coney Island.) The city feels alive and lived in, and every street looks unique. Head to Dukes, and the streets are ragged, the housing projects are falling apart, and there are people on the streets hustling. Head to Algonquin and drive through Star Junction (based on Times Square) to see all the glitz and glamour NYC is known for. Liberty City isn't an exact replica of NYC, it's more of a caricature, with many of the more interesting aspects of the city blown out of proportion for comedic relief.

The problems are few and far between. There are some pop-in issues, though they are afew ande far between, and nowhere near as bad as past iterations in the franchise. The enemy AI, while smart overall, sometimes makes boneheaded moves, but it IS a video game.

GTAIV also seems a bit easier than past games. I played through the whole single without once considering entering a cheat code. It's still a challenging game, but nowhere as hard as SAN ANDREAS. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just an observation.

The multi-player is as good as you've heard. Cops n' Crooks is my favorite mode. It pits a team of cops versus a team of criminals trying to make off with some loot. It's a classic game of cops and robbers, with the classic GTA flavor.

Free Mode is the most liberating mode in GTAIV, and will likely take up the bulk of your time online. Up to 16 players can partake on the fun, and you can literally do ANYTHING. Create your own games, or try some of the ones created by the developers and other players. The sense of freedom is mind boggling.

I don't need to tell you guys that if you have a 360 or PS3, you need to get this game. It is an absolute must play experience that should be missed by no one. If you don't have either system, make a friend that does, and go over and check it out. You will not be disappointed. GTAIV has set a new bar for not only open world games, but video games in general. It will be talked about and dissected for years to come. It is a hallmark of interactive entertainment, and an experience you won't soon forget.

10/10

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: XDCX] #490318
05/29/08 03:22 PM
05/29/08 03:22 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
I like how this character has more "balls" then the previous guys. The others were like.."oh man..what are you doing..alright I'll handle it" etc.

But this new character is a crazy Russian/Yugoslavian /what ever the fuck..it's better.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: whisper] #490332
05/29/08 03:43 PM
05/29/08 03:43 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: whisper
I like how this character has more "balls" then the previous guys.

Really? Have you even seen previews of this game? CLICK HERE

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Longneck] #490473
05/30/08 02:37 PM
05/30/08 02:37 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
I've played the game!!

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: whisper] #490561
05/31/08 01:39 AM
05/31/08 01:39 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: whisper
I've played the game!!

How is the toned down version (link above) compared to the other GTAs?

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Longneck] #490653
05/31/08 08:47 PM
05/31/08 08:47 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Toned down???

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Longneck] #490681
05/31/08 10:03 PM
05/31/08 10:03 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Really? Have you even seen previews of this game? CLICK HERE

lol

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: XDCX] #490894
06/01/08 10:38 PM
06/01/08 10:38 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Santino Brasi  Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida

Another attempt at photoshop

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Santino Brasi] #490912
06/02/08 07:25 AM
06/02/08 07:25 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

AHHHHHHHHHHH RAY CHARLES HAS A GUUUUUUUN

Elvis on a cell phone looks stranger than you would think.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: Santino Brasi] #491125
06/02/08 10:01 PM
06/02/08 10:01 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Originally Posted By: Santino_Brasi

Another attempt at photoshop

That's great!!! Loving this!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV [Re: whisper] #491961
06/07/08 07:40 PM
06/07/08 07:40 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull