GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 260 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,898
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
If Tony had better opportunities... #479439
03/13/08 06:49 PM
03/13/08 06:49 PM
M
MafiosoTiger Offline OP
Wiseguy
MafiosoTiger  Offline OP
M
Wiseguy
...how do you think he would've turned out? What I mean is that he came to this country and was imprisoned right from the start. He was released only because Manny had connections to Lopez and they killed Rebenga for him, only to be launched out with a crappy job and the clothes on his back, which led him to seek his fortune in cocaine. What if he had the same opportunities that americans have? With being able to go to school and go to college and have a regular, honest, good paying career. Would he be the same ambitious Tony we all know and love and maybe become the head of a major corporation and still reap the same rewards he got as a kingpin? Would he be a regular working class joe? Would he inevitably go into the cocaine industry(because as Vito Corleone said, "A man has but one destiny.")? What do you think?

Re: If Tony had better opportunities... [Re: MafiosoTiger] #480007
03/16/08 03:27 PM
03/16/08 03:27 PM
Memphis, TN
J
JCazale99 Offline
Wiseguy
JCazale99  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Memphis, TN
Well I don't know that he'd end up as a drug kingpin but the violence in him might kick him out the street inevitably. He seems endowed with the type of brawling nature that wouldn't work well in a normal, civil, buisness setting. However would he even have been violent if not jailed and kicked around for most of his youth. I mean he was jailed and kicked around in Cuba and then sent to America to be further jailed and kicked around. That kind of treatment breeds hatred for your fellow man. However, I think there's some violence in his character, and a disregard for other people's feelings, that would have been there regardless of the opprutinties and treatment he recieved. So even given the chance to make money doing something legit I think he would have eventually slipped into some kind of shady behavior. Though maybe something less dangerous and destructive than cocain.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull