GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, CNote), 105 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,184
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,913
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Did Neri not take Clemenza's advice? #468619
01/29/08 04:59 PM
01/29/08 04:59 PM
Boat House
Carson_Corleone Offline OP
The Best and Brightest Son
Carson_Corleone  Offline OP
The Best and Brightest Son
Made Member
Boat House
"Don't take no chances, two shots in the head a piece!"

When Al Neri takes out Barzini, he shoots the two guys up close (one guy gets two bullets the other just one). Then he shoots Barzini twice in the back from long range.

Now consider this: Vito was shot five times in the back from close range and lived. What if Barzini had made it through alive?

Surely Clemenza would have given Neri the same advice? Also, what would have happened among the five families had Barzini lived?

-In my HOME!!! In my BEDROOM WHERE MY WIFE SLEEPS!! Where my children come and play with their toys. In my home.

-My father taught me many things here -- he taught me in this room. He taught me -- keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
Re: Did Neri not take Clemenza's advice? [Re: Carson_Corleone] #468627
01/29/08 05:17 PM
01/29/08 05:17 PM
Toronto, Ontario
D
dontommasino Offline
Underboss
dontommasino  Offline
D
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Carson_Corleone
"Don't take no chances, two shots in the head a piece!"

When Al Neri takes out Barzini, he shoots the two guys up close (one guy gets two bullets the other just one). Then he shoots Barzini twice in the back from long range.

Now consider this: Vito was shot five times in the back from close range and lived. What if Barzini had made it through alive?

Surely Clemenza would have given Neri the same advice? Also, what would have happened among the five families had Barzini lived?

Well Neri had to shoot Barzini from far-range, which surprises me that the pistol he was using was accurate from that distance. Obviously, it would be too risky to climb those stairs and finish Barzini off.

I always wondered why Neri started opening fire when he did instead of letting Barzini get closer. I think this could be chalked up to another "artistic license" where FFC wanted Barzini's death to be dramatic.

As for not shooting the other two properly (bodyguard, chauffer), he had to shoot Barzini too who was running and I don't know why he didn't finish 'em off after before running into the car though.

Re: Did Neri not take Clemenza's advice? [Re: dontommasino] #468657
01/29/08 06:25 PM
01/29/08 06:25 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
 Originally Posted By: dontommasino
I always wondered why Neri started opening fire when he did instead of letting Barzini get closer. I think this could be chalked up to another "artistic license" where FFC wanted Barzini's death to be dramatic.

That entire scene was shot through (no pun intended) with "artistic license." Note how Neri whacks three guys with a mere six-shot, police issue .38 Special, a gun not noted for long distance stopping power, while Rocco and an associate use a pair of Madsen submachineguns to kill Tattaglia and his putain from a distance less than ten feet. And why did poor Clemenza have to haul his considerable bulk up many flights of stairs, lugging a full-barrel-length shotgun, to whack Stracci in an elevator?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Did Neri not take Clemenza's advice? [Re: Turnbull] #469699
02/04/08 02:01 AM
02/04/08 02:01 AM
pgh., pa
Guiseppe Petri Offline
. 45 caliber
Guiseppe Petri  Offline
. 45 caliber
Made Member
pgh., pa
the instructon - " 2 shots to the head a piece " was clemenzas instruction to mike when he met solozzo and mccluskey, not to neri. as for neri shooting barzini, as a former cop, he would have had extensive training with that police issue 6 shot an to nake those 6 shots count at whatever distance that he needed to take his shots. how many times in his career do you think that he had to practice shooting at stationary and moving targets at all distances.

Guiseppe Petri

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull