GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 304 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,979
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,091
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: SC] #465111
01/18/08 10:13 PM
01/18/08 10:13 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
 Originally Posted By: SC
The Del Vikings' classic (you'll know this from "American Graffiti") - CLICK HERE

Oh yes, Come and Go With Me. Wasn't it the "Slide" that they use to do to this???? (of course it was before my time) ;\)

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: SC] #465115
01/18/08 10:53 PM
01/18/08 10:53 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I love that song, or just about any song they sang. Dion DiMucci (a piasan) \:\) Was he from NYC? I thought he was from Philly.

Nope. From Belmont Avenue in the Bronx (thus the name of his group).

Yes, and Dion went to high school with my cousin. They used to harmonize on the street corner, and on Sunday nights, my Aunt Grace would throw pots of water out the window at them to get them to shut up. She used to tell them that she had to get up for work the next morning, and they needed to go home so that she could get some sleep.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #465122
01/18/08 11:37 PM
01/18/08 11:37 PM
California

California
SB, that is so totally cool!!! \:\) Wouldn't it be nice to see a part of musical history like that? \:\)

Ok, you all must remember this three note chime. \:\)

TIS

Remember This?

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/18/08 11:38 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: Sicilian Babe] #465128
01/19/08 01:01 AM
01/19/08 01:01 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Yes, and Dion went to high school with my cousin. They used to harmonize on the street corner, and on Sunday nights, my Aunt Grace would throw pots of water out the window at them to get them to shut up. She used to tell them that she had to get up for work the next morning, and they needed to go home so that she could get some sleep.

Scenes like that were memorialized in "A Bronx Tale" and every neighborhood had a few corners on which the local wannabes would practice their singing. (In fact, "A Bronx Tale" was the same neighborhood that Dion came from). My brother remembers The Tokens ("The Lion Sleeps Tonight") singing in Coney Island and he used to be in a group (not very good) who would stand on the corner and doing their doo-wop (Rico Petrocelli, who went on to play for the Red Sox, was another group member).

Jay and the Americans and the Four Seasons were two other big named groups who perfected the "New York sound", but Dion and the Belmonts were truly from the streets.

If you ever wanna watch a really good New York based movie with some awesome music, see "The Wanderers" with Ken Wahl. Its based on an Italian Bronx gang and its a damned good movie.

Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #465129
01/19/08 01:07 AM
01/19/08 01:07 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Earlier today in SC's Movie post I had mentioned how Natalie Wood was on many teen magazines in the 50/60's. It inspired me to see if I could find some old magazine covers.

I found this site called Karing's Korner and it has tons of information with links to dozens of sites with info from the 50's, 60's & 70's. It has links to old radio shows among many other things. I know some the older folks here will get a kick out of it, and I know too that many of the younger kids have an interest in music/movies/culture past. I think it's worth looking at. \:\)

I am starting with the first link and checking them all out little by little. I can't even begin to tell you all the categories they have.

Anyway, for your enjoyment or save to your favorites as I did for leisure browsing. \:\)

TIS

Karings

For whatever reason I can't get page 2 of this thread to load. But thank you TIS for a wonderful site. Hours of enjoyment lie ahead.

Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #465132
01/19/08 02:49 AM
01/19/08 02:49 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
S
Ok, you all must remember this three note chime. \:\)

TIS

Remember This?

TIS, I remember the first time I realized that the peacock was actually in color!!!! I was at a friend's house, and they had just gotten a color TV. The first time that I saw the tail, I was astounded.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: Sicilian Babe] #465134
01/19/08 03:41 AM
01/19/08 03:41 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
TIS, I can't even begin to tell you how much I've been enjoying this site and all its links. Thanks for posting it!!

Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: Don Cardi] #465140
01/19/08 06:28 AM
01/19/08 06:28 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: Beth E
There was a show called "Steptoe and son"?

What, he had no love for fingers?

Yes, I believe that it was shown over in the UK. As a matter of fact the show SANFORD and SON was based on that Steptoe and Son show.

It was first aired in the realy 60's and it was in black and white,as time went on in went into colour i still watch repeats now,very funny

If i come across the table and take your f*****g eyes out ,will you remember

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Uw0DUAGo

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pv7H4YkFKs
Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: Sicilian Babe] #465190
01/19/08 10:45 AM
01/19/08 10:45 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

[quote=SC]my Aunt Grace would throw pots of water out the window at them to get them to shut up. She used to tell them that she had to get up for work the next morning, and they needed to go home so that she could get some sleep.

Your aunt sounds like my kind of woman.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: SC] #465194
01/19/08 10:51 AM
01/19/08 10:51 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Scenes like that were memorialized in "A Bronx Tale" and every neighborhood had a few corners on which the local wannabes would practice their singing. (In fact, "A Bronx Tale" was the same neighborhood that Dion came from). My brother remembers The Tokens ("The Lion Sleeps Tonight") singing in Coney Island and he used to be in a group (not very good) who would stand on the corner and doing their doo-wop (Rico Petrocelli, who went on to play for the Red Sox, was another group member).

Jay and the Americans and the Four Seasons were two other big named groups who perfected the "New York sound", but Dion and the Belmonts were truly from the streets.

If you ever wanna watch a really good New York based movie with some awesome music, see "The Wanderers" with Ken Wahl. Its based on an Italian Bronx gang and its a damned good movie.

A really good movie about harmonizing on street corners, the 50's music craze, and famous DJ Alan Freed, is a movie called AMERICAN HOT WAX. For some damn reason they never show this movie on cable or tv.

(5 of 10 in the toy quiz. And I got barbie's middle name right!)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: Don Cardi] #465200
01/19/08 11:03 AM
01/19/08 11:03 AM
California

California
I am so glad you guys are enjoying this. Geez, glad I didn't just keep it to myself. \:\)

Like I said, I wasn't even looking for it, but sort of happened upon it. What's good about is, you have almost every category of trivia/nostaglia on one page. \:\) I'm gonna send it to my brother and sister as well. I'm sure they'll love it.

I still want to try one of the trivia games. \:\)

TIS

Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: Don Cardi] #465363
01/20/08 12:16 AM
01/20/08 12:16 AM
New Jersey
Obsessed With The GodFather Offline
Capo
Obsessed With The GodFather  Offline
Capo
New Jersey
Awesome site Don:
"When Life Was In Black & White": I will be over there for sometime tonight! \:\)

Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash Fan!
Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: Obsessed With The GodFather] #467627
01/26/08 07:32 PM
01/26/08 07:32 PM
California

California
I received this in an e-mail. It isn't from KK but I thought it fit here. \:\)

Comments made in the year 1955!

That's only 52 years ago!
"I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20.00."

"Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long before $2, 000.00 will only buy a used one."

"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous.

"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?"

"If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store."

"When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage."

"Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their hair as long as the girls."

"I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying DAMN in GONE WITH THE WIND, it seems every new movie has either HELL of DAMN in it."

"I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the century. They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas ."

"Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the President."

"I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now."

"It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work to make ends meet."

"It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work."

"Marriage doesn't mean a thing any more, those Hollywood stars seem to be getting divorced at the drop of a hat."

"I'm afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business."

"Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the Government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to congress."

"The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on."

"There is no sense going to Lincoln or Omaha anymore for a weekend, it costs nearly $15.00 a night to stay in a hotel."

"No one can afford to be sick anymore, at $35.00 a day in the hospital it's too rich for my blood."

"If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it."

Re: Karing's Korner Oldies Website [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #469885
02/04/08 05:59 PM
02/04/08 05:59 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Here is a link to some 1960's tv commercials.

http://www.tvparty.com/vaultcomsat.html

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull