GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DanteMoltisanti, 1 invisible), 67 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,650
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,168
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,869
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jimmy McBratney / Manny Gambino Kidnapping #463434
01/12/08 01:22 PM
01/12/08 01:22 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
There's been some discussion over in the MOB MOVIES thread about tje movie Gotti and it's portrayal of the McBratney / Gotti / Galione connection. For those interested, here's the supposed real story of how Jimmy McBratney was implicated in the kidnapping of Don Carlo Gambino's nephew Manny Gambino.

According to William Hoffman & Eddie Maloney, co-authors of a book titled Tough Guy: The True Story of "Crazy" Eddie Maloney, Maloney met McBratney while both were incarcerated at Greenhaven State Prison in New York.

According to Maloney, he and McBratney became part of a kidnapping ring that was the brainchild of two other wiseguys from ......ironically ....... the Gambino Crime Family!

Now in this book, Eddie Maloney admits that in an effort to get a "pass" from the underworld for his kidnapping schemes, he decided to lay it all on McBratney. So in all likelyhood that is probably why the Gambino family sought revenge against McBratney for the kidnapping and murder of Manny Gambino.

According to the FBI, an agent by the name of Anthony Villano was heavily involved in the kidnapping / murder case of Manny Gambino. They claim that Agent Villano was tipped off that Manny Gambino, the son of Carlo’s brother Joseph, had been kidnapped. And McBratney is never mentioned in the FBI reports, never mentioned as being involved in the Manny Gambino kidnapping/murder. As a matter of fact, according to the FBI, Jimmy McBratney did not kidnap and murder the nephew of Carlo Gambino!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Jimmy McBratney / Manny Gambino Kidnapping [Re: Don Cardi] #463510
01/12/08 11:06 PM
01/12/08 11:06 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

According to Maloney, he and McBratney became part of a kidnapping ring that was the brainchild of two other wiseguys from ......ironically ....... the Gambino Crime Family!

Whoever said "There is honor among thieves"?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Jimmy McBratney / Manny Gambino Kidnapping [Re: Turnbull] #463547
01/13/08 06:05 AM
01/13/08 06:05 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Why am i not suprised

If i come across the table and take your f*****g eyes out ,will you remember

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Uw0DUAGo

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pv7H4YkFKs
Re: Jimmy McBratney / Manny Gambino Kidnapping [Re: Don Cardi] #927380
01/22/18 12:54 AM
01/22/18 12:54 AM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
McBratney and Robert Senter (who was related to Anthony Senter) held Manny Gambino for ransom. They were involved in a stick up crew. His father was only able to come up with $40,000 while they were expecting $350,000. So they killed him.

Re: Jimmy McBratney / Manny Gambino Kidnapping [Re: Don Cardi] #927410
01/22/18 02:52 PM
01/22/18 02:52 PM
M
mbo Offline
Made Member
mbo  Offline
M
Made Member
what i don't understand is this: how was Maloney given a pass for kidnapping Carlo Gambinos nephew?

I mean this was back when the the mafia had the muzzle to take on most other criminals and guys were getting killed for a lot less than that, so why was he spared?

Re: Jimmy McBratney / Manny Gambino Kidnapping [Re: Don Cardi] #927441
01/22/18 08:27 PM
01/22/18 08:27 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Crazy Eddie was not spared. Far from it. Rather, when he was in the can. One day Carmine Gribbs Tramunti cam in, e Eddie bought him loads of prison luxuries and Mr Gribbs asked what he wanted in return

Eddie mentioned there was a contract on his life and whether or not he can get a passribbs suckered him & said he can try but on one condition, he disclose all those that were involved

Eddie fell for the bait and named names. One of those was Richie who later on got whacked

Another was Chief who Eddie asked to be spared too

Later when Eddie got out he was shot in Gotti’s bar the Cozy corner several times but survived

He was there because he was friendly with a loan shark called Junior who he later on tried to kidnap and asked IF Gotti was the one who tried to kill him

In the book I recall he mentioned a few encounters he had with Gotti whereby Gotti was sitting alone outside the Cozy Corner one day

He also spoke about Vic Amuso whom he describes as a handsome guy/ think they knew each other from “inside”. And Vic gives him a grin and says I heard you been a naughty boy

Last edited by Tonytough; 01/23/18 01:55 AM.
Re: Jimmy McBratney / Manny Gambino Kidnapping [Re: Tonytough] #927497
01/23/18 05:38 PM
01/23/18 05:38 PM
M
mbo Offline
Made Member
mbo  Offline
M
Made Member
thanks for clearing that up for me. what amazes my is that people in the 70/80 thought they could kidnap carlo gambinos nephew and get away with it...

Re: Jimmy McBratney / Manny Gambino Kidnapping [Re: Tonytough] #927499
01/23/18 07:09 PM
01/23/18 07:09 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Tonytough
Crazy Eddie was not spared. Far from it. Rather, when he was in the can. One day Carmine Gribbs Tramunti cam in, e Eddie bought him loads of prison luxuries and Mr Gribbs asked what he wanted in return

Eddie mentioned there was a contract on his life and whether or not he can get a passribbs suckered him & said he can try but on one condition, he disclose all those that were involved

Eddie fell for the bait and named names. One of those was Richie who later on got whacked

Another was Chief who Eddie asked to be spared too

Later when Eddie got out he was shot in Gotti’s bar the Cozy corner several times but survived

He was there because he was friendly with a loan shark called Junior who he later on tried to kidnap and asked IF Gotti was the one who tried to kill him

In the book I recall he mentioned a few encounters he had with Gotti whereby Gotti was sitting alone outside the Cozy Corner one day

He also spoke about Vic Amuso whom he describes as a handsome guy/ think they knew each other from “inside”. And Vic gives him a grin and says I heard you been a naughty boy

Never knew he had a book. Thanks Tonytough.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull