GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 290 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,823
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 35 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: SC] #489449
05/22/08 12:58 PM
05/22/08 12:58 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Its a good thing Johnson won't be the vp candidate... the last two presidents who had a vp named Johnson were both shot.

But hasn't every president so far had a Johnson?

Clinton sure had one and that was his vice, but it wasn't his vice-president. wink

lol

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: klydon1] #489455
05/22/08 01:57 PM
05/22/08 01:57 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
I see a lot of down sides to many of these people named. In stark realpolitik terms I don't think a woman on his ticket flies. A black and a woman is too much change for to many people. Sam Nunn is a good pick, but he's been out of the limelight for a long time, he is probably rusty on the campaign trail, and he takes the "age" issue off the table.
He'd be a great foreign policy advisor, or Sec of Defense, not a VP. I think Hegel is qualified, but the move is too cute by half. Hegel is a lifelong Repulican, and while maybe he delivers Nebraska, maybe he doesn't. People could see it as disloyalty, and he could be viewed by republicans and independents as a turncoat, thesame was dems and many independendants look at Joe Lieberman.

Ohio Gov could carry Ohio and maybe help in Pa and Mich which could turn the election, his weakness is no foreign policy chops. McCain, who is no foreign policy whiz, is overrated in this department, but he has the "security" vote locked up and can engage in fear/warmongering, as he has already begun to do. Takes me back to Jim Webb. Former Navy Secretary under Reagan, strong military creds, strong security creds, can get down and dirty with the common folk, and could deliver Virginia, North Carolina and help tip Pa and Ohio. He would be weak with women voters, and apparently has said or written some sexist things that they would throw back at him.

As for McCain, I don't believe for a minute that he is taking any one other than Romney seriously among the three names he has floated. The guy from Louisiana has less experience than
Obama, and Charlie Crist of Fla is also inexperienced, and McCain will robably carry Florida anyway, uness a hurricane hits and the shell game the Republicans are playing here with insurance is exposed.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: klydon1] #489459
05/22/08 02:03 PM
05/22/08 02:03 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Obama has asked former Fannie Mae CEO Jim Johnson to begin vetting potential vice presidential picks, Democratic officials said Thursday. Johnson did the same job for Democratic nominees John Kerry in 2004 and Walter Mondale in 1984.

Its a good thing Johnson won't be the vp candidate... the last two presidents who had a vp named Johnson were both shot.

But hasn't every president so far had a Johnson? whistle

" ... but ya doesn't have ta call me Johnson."

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: olivant] #489460
05/22/08 02:04 PM
05/22/08 02:04 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
You can call me Ray . . .

One of the all-time great tv commercials.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #489468
05/22/08 02:54 PM
05/22/08 02:54 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
...Or you can call me Jay.
You can call me Ray

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: klydon1] #489510
05/22/08 08:59 PM
05/22/08 08:59 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Obama has asked former Fannie Mae CEO Jim Johnson to begin vetting potential vice presidential picks, Democratic officials said Thursday. Johnson did the same job for Democratic nominees John Kerry in 2004 and Walter Mondale in 1984.

But hasn't every president so far had a Johnson? whistle

Ha ha ha ha !! lol I wasn't even thinking in those terms. Very clever Kly. Ha ha ha!! clap LMAO

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #489593
05/23/08 10:10 AM
05/23/08 10:10 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Romney would make sense for McCain and explain Romney jumping out of the race so quickly but I hate the douchebag.

On another note:

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: dontomasso] #489623
05/23/08 11:08 AM
05/23/08 11:08 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Ohio Gov could carry Ohio and maybe help in Pa and Mich which could turn the election, his weakness is no foreign policy chops. McCain, who is no foreign policy whiz, is overrated in this department, but he has the "security" vote locked up and can engage in fear/warmongering, as he has already begun to do. Takes me back to Jim Webb. Former Navy Secretary under Reagan, strong military creds, strong security creds, can get down and dirty with the common folk, and could deliver Virginia, North Carolina and help tip Pa and Ohio. He would be weak with women voters, and apparently has said or written some sexist things that they would throw back at him.

That's an interesting perspective on Ted Strickland, Ohio's governor. While I can't say that I am disappointed in Strickland, he has not really had any major accomplishments in my state. Then again, he had such a mess to clean up from his idiot predecessor Taft. I personally would nab Webb before Strickland, if I were Obama.

EDIT: Furthermore, Strickland has been very visible in his public support of Clinton. I doubt that he is on the very short list for Obama.

Last edited by goombah; 05/24/08 09:26 AM.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: goombah] #489643
05/23/08 01:05 PM
05/23/08 01:05 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
For the life of me I can't understand why any voter brings up the subject of foreign policy experience. What President has ever had it prior to becoming President? Ford? Carter? Reagan? Clinton? Bush? The elder Bush had some since he had been Vice-President. One can argue that Senators have limited experience since it is the Senate which is the President's partner regarding foreign affairs matters. But he vicissitudes of foreign affairs can radically change that environment between November and January and any time after.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: olivant] #489708
05/24/08 10:24 AM
05/24/08 10:24 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Hillary Clinton's colossal blunder simply the last straw , by Michael Goodwin

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SICK. Disgusting. And yet revealing. Hillary Clinton is staying in the race in the event some nut kills Barack Obama.

It could happen, but what definitely has happened is that Clinton has killed her own chances of being vice president. She doesn't deserve to be elected dog catcher anywhere now.

Her shocking comment to a South Dakota newspaper might qualify as the dumbest thing ever said in American politics.

Her lame explanation that she brought up the 1968 assassination of Robert Kennedy because his brother Ted's illness was on her mind doesn't cut it. Not even close.

We have seen an X-ray of a very dark soul. One consumed by raw ambition to where the possible assassination of an opponent is something to ponder in a strategic way. Otherwise, why is murder on her mind?

It's like Tanya Harding's kneecapping has come to politics. Only the senator from New York has more lethal fantasies than that nutty skater.

We could have seen it coming, if only we had realized Clinton's thinking could be so cold. She has grown increasingly wild in her imagery lately, invoking everything from slavery to the political killings in Zimbabwe in making her argument for the Florida and Michigan delegations. She claimed to be the victim of sexism, despite winning the votes of white men.

But none of it was moving the nomination needle, with Obama, despite recent dents, still on course to be the victor.

So she kept digging deeper, looking for the magic button. Instead, she pushed the eject button, lifting herself right out of consideration.

Giving voice to such a vile thought is all the more horrible because fears Obama would be killed have been an undercurrent to his astonishing rise. Republican Mike Huckabee made a stupid joke about it recently. Many black Americans have talked of it, reflecting their assumption that racists would never tolerate a black President and that Obama would be taken from them.

Clinton has now fed that fear. She needs a very long vacation. And we need one from her.

Say good night, Hillary. And go away

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #489711
05/24/08 10:36 AM
05/24/08 10:36 AM
California

California
Hi PB,

I find it hard to believe that Hillary was indicating any kind of "wish" for something so horrible. However, they way she phrased it was like she was gonna "hang around because you never know if someone (hint hint) will be assassinated. eek
She seems way to smart for that kind of blunder. Especially since this election is a first and so historic.

Part of me is laughing my ass off though and I wanna use a phrase she used against Obama with her fake outrage: "Shame on you Senator Clinton, Shame on you!!!" lol

Really though, the thought is definitely NOT a laughing matter is it?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #489712
05/24/08 10:42 AM
05/24/08 10:42 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
You can't be serious, TIS.

How are people of color supposed to react? Her remark is a slap in the face to anyone who has ever received a death threat due to the color of their skin.

Maybe she should just stay in until November. After all, that's when John Kennedy was shot. rolleyes

The wheels are coming off. The Clinton's never see the inside of the White House again. If Obama were to choose this fucking pig as a running mate, I'll give serious consideration to voting for McCain.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #489715
05/24/08 10:48 AM
05/24/08 10:48 AM
California

California
PB,

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. I know most here can't stand her and I must admit, I've come to dislike her very much as this campaign progresses. You are saying you believe she is really waiting/wanting an assassination??? confused

TIS

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #489716
05/24/08 10:55 AM
05/24/08 10:55 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
As far as hating her, I didn't prior to this disgusting campaign. It's like every time she opens her mouth, something more ridiculous comes out. I can't give her the benefit of the doubt any more.

By the way----If she leads among white men, how is sexism to blame for her impending loss?

The few loyalists she has left (read: the old, white, leftover, hippie, bra-burning feminists from the 60's) are even starting to see the light.

She has run a conservative/republican/incumbent campaign. She should be ashamed of herself. But we all know she has no shame.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #489719
05/24/08 11:06 AM
05/24/08 11:06 AM
California

California
I agree PB. I don't necessarily buy into some of these polls and I think, even though there is truth to it, the media is creating (somewhat) this racial divide.

,Everytime I see Obama there are huge crowds; 75,000 just last week in Oregon. From what I understand that was the largest crowd ever for this kind of event. My sister sent me an article from Grand Rapids Michigan were he was when Edwards endorsed him and the crowd was also huge. You see many white faces in the crowd, not just black.

This isn't to say that there are not people/areas that will not vote for him. Just yesterday I saw a couple very disturbing clips from West Virgina and Ky in which they were asking people if they'd vote for Obama. One woman said she would not because "he's Muslim" and another woman who didn't sound too intelligent says, "I won't vote for a Hussein, I've had enough of Husseins." eek My point being, there are all kinds of misinformed, unintelligent and baised people.

All I can say there is definitely something happening this election season and sense a change of some kind. God knows we need it.

TIS

Oh yea, and as far as the sexiskm claims go that's bullshit too. She talks about how tough she is and then whines like a baby because she "says" there's sexism......because she's losing.

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 05/24/08 11:08 AM.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #489720
05/24/08 11:11 AM
05/24/08 11:11 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That's all I'm saying, TIS. We need change, and he's the only candidate that brings anything remotely new to the table.

BTW----I saw that Kentucky/West Virginia clip. Is it any wonder why I love New York so much? lol

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #489738
05/24/08 01:35 PM
05/24/08 01:35 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Look, the change that Obama touts is relatively undefined. Continually, one factor that all presidential candidates fail to apprise their constituencies of is the Congress. Only the Congress has lawmaking and appropriations power. Without a cooperative Congress, any change a president envisions is a non-starter. With a Republican Congress for six years, George Bush was unable to establish an effective energy policy or reduce spending. Go figure.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: olivant] #489747
05/24/08 02:18 PM
05/24/08 02:18 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: olivant
With a Republican Congress for six years, George Bush was unable to establish an effective energy policy or reduce spending. Go figure.

Exactly.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: klydon1] #489784
05/24/08 09:18 PM
05/24/08 09:18 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
"What's all this talk about presidential erections? I just don't understand. That is not something that's anybody's business. If a pres ... What" What's that? Oh. It's presidential elections? Oh, okay. Never mind."

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: olivant] #489787
05/24/08 09:37 PM
05/24/08 09:37 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
The sad truth is that was the first thing my husband said upon seeing Obama emerge as a serious contender for the nomination. After hearing him speak, the first words out of Mr. Babe's mouth were, "Dear God, he's so charismatic that I actually fear for him, that some nut will decide to assassinate him."

I don't think that Hillary meant it quite the same way, though.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #489960
05/26/08 04:07 PM
05/26/08 04:07 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
You are saying you believe she is really waiting/wanting an assassination??? confused

TIS

I believe Hillary Clinton implicitly cited the possibility that Obama would be assassinated as a reason to continue her campaign. However, Obama was gracious to say that it has been a long campaign and he does not think she meant ill will.

But Fox News? They laugh about hoping to assassinate Obama. Watch Liz Trotta's (a regular contributor to Fox News) remarks about how it would be "good if [someone] killed both [Osama bin Laden and Barack Obama]." The enormous irony of it is that she made them while criticizing Hillary for her RFK assassination remark.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYpkvcmog0

I have seen no mention of this story on MSNBC, no mention on yahoo, no mention on CNN. Silly me, but I think joking about the ASSASSINATION of a presidential candidate on national TV is wrong.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Saladbar] #489984
05/26/08 10:29 PM
05/26/08 10:29 PM
California

California
I saw that segment SB. It's really tasteless. That's what 3 assassination remarks in a week? First Huckabee and the Obama hiding from gunshot remark and then Hillary and now this broad!!!!

You would think especially, as historic as this election is, people would be a little more careful. eek

TIS

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #490012
05/27/08 05:05 PM
05/27/08 05:05 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

I think the reason for the assassination talk is Obama reminds people of Kennedy with his youth as well as his optimism

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Longneck] #490014
05/27/08 05:11 PM
05/27/08 05:11 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: Longneck
I think the reason for the assassination talk is Obama reminds people of Kennedy with his youth as well as his optimism

That's one reason. I think the real reason is that many rednecks would love to shoot at Obama from the back of their confederate flag-draped pickup truck. Then they could brag about trying to kill a black president (or presidential hopeful).

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #490103
05/28/08 08:26 AM
05/28/08 08:26 AM
Cincinnati, Oh
Don Alessandrio Offline
Capo
Don Alessandrio  Offline
Capo
Cincinnati, Oh
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I agree PB. I don't necessarily buy into some of these polls and I think, even though there is truth to it, the media is creating (somewhat) this racial divide.

,Everytime I see Obama there are huge crowds; 75,000 just last week in Oregon. From what I understand that was the largest crowd ever for this kind of event. My sister sent me an article from Grand Rapids Michigan were he was when Edwards endorsed him and the crowd was also huge. You see many white faces in the crowd, not just black.

Yes there were 75,000 people present when Obama made a public appearence. However, they were really there for a concert. Just so happened Obama made the decision to speak before hand. Good idea on his part but all those people were not there to see him.

Business bad? Fuck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning huh? Fuck you, pay me.
Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Don Alessandrio] #490105
05/28/08 08:39 AM
05/28/08 08:39 AM
California

California
You don't think any of the 75,000 were there to see Obama hu? eek

I wasn't aware of a concert. I know that John Mellencamp held concerts for both Clinton & Obama in Indiana, which I'm sure also helped draw crowds. However, by all accounts, from what I have read and seen, there ARE record crowds and record registration mostly by young voters because of Obama.

Btw, who played at the concert? Just curious. confused

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 05/28/08 08:40 AM.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #490929
06/02/08 08:35 AM
06/02/08 08:35 AM
California

California
For anyone following these primaries, will it be over tomorrow (or maybe Wednesday?) confused I'm thinking so.

TIS

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #490930
06/02/08 08:39 AM
06/02/08 08:39 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Yes, it will. Thank goodness. With Florida and Michigan resolved (barring an appeal), Clinton is done.

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: goombah] #490933
06/02/08 09:31 AM
06/02/08 09:31 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Bring me up to speed what happened with Fl/Michigan?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Presidential Primaries 2008 [Re: Mignon] #490938
06/02/08 10:13 AM
06/02/08 10:13 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Both states decided to give the candidates half a vote of their total delegates. For example, if the process had happened properly and Obama won 20 delegates, he is now awarded 10 from one of the states. This process makes it nearly impossible for Hillary to get to the number needed to receive the nomination after Tuesday, unless a bunch of superdelegates change to her side.

Page 31 of 35 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull