GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 141 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,771
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,322
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,414
Posts1,060,478
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
this is weird.... #5895
01/10/04 06:18 PM
01/10/04 06:18 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline OP
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline OP
Underboss
toronto
ok guys this is really off topic, but a way it's weird that i need to mention it. i have loved the godfather since i was 14. well that is when i started dating my ex girlfriend who gave me that boot a month ago. she hated the godfather with a passion, i found myself many times saying she had no taste in movies. hell we even argued about it. is that normal that she would, knowing the godfather is my fav movie, bash it anyways? is it normal that i liked the movie enough to actually get mad and argue with her? should i have just said "fuck the godfather" and not bother buying the dvd ever again? help me guys. this isn't my only problem in the relationship, but it started when we started dating, i tried making her watch the movies, and it's been with us for the last four and a half years.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: this is weird.... #5896
01/10/04 06:39 PM
01/10/04 06:39 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
If she booted you out becuase of you love for the movies, she isn't worth the effort. If you genuinely like this girl, don't talk about the Trilogy when she's around. Everybody's got an opinion, and although her's sucks big time, you enthusiam for the Trilogy won't sway her opinion of it, so get back with ehr and don't let your love for it and her hate for it get in between you. smile

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: this is weird.... #5897
01/10/04 06:43 PM
01/10/04 06:43 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline
Underboss
Iowantonia
If your girlfriend won't let you watch The Godfather, then she has bigger issues than her taste in movies.

Ms. joltinjoe doesn't particularly like The Godfather, but that doesn't mean we fight over it for godssakes. I don't make her watch it, or anything for that matter. She doesn't care that I like to watch it, and shouldn't.

If you fought over movies, then you made the right choice in breaking up.

It's all over now, baby blue

Where have you gone Joe 05, our board turns it's lonely eyes to you...
What's that you say Mrs. Stallionete, JoltinJoe has left and gone away...
Re: this is weird.... #5898
01/10/04 07:27 PM
01/10/04 07:27 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline OP
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline OP
Underboss
toronto
the movies obviously weren't the big issue. but it was an issue. and ur right that i shouldn't watch it when she is around. but then again i was unable to ever watch it when it hit a theatre around me. but yes i guess i should have just sort of put the movies away until she was home and i could watch it. but she didn't like it much when i bought the dvd's i tell you. and when she found out i was on this chat board it didn't fare well either.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: this is weird.... #5899
01/10/04 08:12 PM
01/10/04 08:12 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline
Underboss
Iowantonia
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
but she didn't like it much when i bought the dvd's i tell you. and when she found out i was on this chat board it didn't fare well either.
Then she's fugged up.

She obviously had no respect for your likes and interests.

It's all over now, baby blue

Where have you gone Joe 05, our board turns it's lonely eyes to you...
What's that you say Mrs. Stallionete, JoltinJoe has left and gone away...
Re: this is weird.... #5900
01/10/04 10:44 PM
01/10/04 10:44 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Forgetaboutit! (Sorry, had to say it.) Dont worry about her, she doesnt like The Godfather, theres something deeply wrong with her. Thats like saying you dont like.... well...The Godfather.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: this is weird.... #5901
01/10/04 11:27 PM
01/10/04 11:27 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
JJ!! Oops!! blush lol What the hell am I thinking. Deleted it.

Mr S.

I agree that if something as little as liking and watching a movie is a problem that should be a red flag. I don't know her or you or your situation, but I suggest talking it out with her and suspect there is a little more to it that perhaps she'll clue you in on.
ohwell

Good luck

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: this is weird.... #5902
01/12/04 10:44 AM
01/12/04 10:44 AM
North London
Bella Mafia UK Offline
Capo
Bella Mafia UK  Offline
Capo
North London
Its a bit silly to fall out over a film. I'm sure you guys had other problems and the film thing was just the tip of the iceberg. Your girlfriend may have felt excluded by the fact you were really into the Godfather films, and if that's the case you shouldn't force her to watch them. At the same time, though, it wasn't for her to say what you can and can't watch. I'm sure had things she really liked doing that you weren't into, that's life.

It's nice, though, when you have the same taste in things. When I went on my first date with my boyfriend he asked me what my favourite film was, and I said it was the Godfather. He says that's when he knew he'd met the right girl, because that's his favourite film too. We've got loads of other stuff in common too, but both liking the same film is really cool.

I'm sure you'll find someone else soon, mate, there#s someone for everyone!! wink

...there's people who would pay a lot of money for that information. But then your daughter would lose a father..instead of gaining a husband.
Re: this is weird.... #5903
01/12/04 11:13 PM
01/12/04 11:13 PM
England
Raymondo Corleone Offline
Capo
Raymondo Corleone  Offline
Capo
England
You should just accept that different people have different tastes, and just not discuss it or watch it with her. Nothing more you can do really, at least, nothing more that will do any good.

"Just When I Thought I Was Out - They Pulled Me Back In....."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull