GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 316 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,092
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,378
Posts1,059,591
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hitman the movie #439820
09/27/07 12:56 PM
09/27/07 12:56 PM
UK, Little old Rotherham near ...
Zaf-the-don Offline OP
Capo di tutti i capi
Zaf-the-don  Offline OP
Capo di tutti i capi
Underboss
UK, Little old Rotherham near ...
As i am a Hitman fan i thought of posting the trailer. I'm looking forward to watch this movie even if it turns out to be bad. The Games were great hopefully the movie lives up to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46V-6rZt_tk

Re: Hitman the movie [Re: Zaf-the-don] #503244
08/07/08 06:29 AM
08/07/08 06:29 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Santino Brasi  Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
has anyone seen this... is it good?

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: Hitman the movie [Re: Santino Brasi] #503391
08/07/08 11:47 PM
08/07/08 11:47 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Santino_Brasi
has anyone seen this... is it good?

HITMAN (2007) - **1/2

Wouldn't you think an an operative of a bald guy walking around an airport with a barcode slapped on the back of his head seem strange?

There are so much in HITMAN that I just don't get. If three guys from the same organization are ordered to eliminate another, why would they agree with the title character to duel with blades instead of bullets? Should it really matter to these drone-assassins? This aint a ninja picture or Ring Of Honor wrestling.

Hell, I didn't even understand why they were there in the first place. I had to ask my old man who went with me to the screening, and he explained how the same villain had contracted them to murder the hero, the baddie's original hired gun. How he understood this, I'll never know.

Yet as the story, characters, and logic is thrown to the wayside (more like the dirty gutter) in favor of the action, HITMAN is still the best video game-film adaptation yet. That's right, you fanboys can quit being in denial about the MORTAL KOMBAT and RESIDENT EVIL movies sucking hard.

Now I never played the popular HITMAN videogames, nor do I care if the movie is faithful or not. Considering that films based on video games always suck, I was surprised to find that I actually sorta enjoyed HITMAN.

Mind you, I'm not saying that HITMAN is good, but its serviceable in a B-action movie sort of way. Maybe in a few years, Hollywood will produce a quality adaptation.

If anything, HITMAN reminds me of really Andrew Davis' CHAIN REACTION. Both had nonsensical stories with events that occured simply to move the picture along, and yet was still was rendered watchable by the action scenes. Yet being compared to a Keanu Reeves dud, is that really a compliment?

It also reminds me of Doug Liman's THE BOURNE IDENTITY, except if that picture was re-shot by jobbers as a direct-to-DVD action flick that somehow got released into theatres. Certainly the whole human angle of HITMAN is about this assassin-monk transforming from a mindless slave to that of an independent-thinking human being, and I just don't buy it.

Why would the whore character make him change from what he was disciplined to be? That said, at least the filmmakers didn't make him screw her, which considering his character perfect sense, even if she did have very nice tits.

I did notice quite late in the game that the Interpol cop character was played by Dougray Scott. He almost played James Bond, but both Brosnan and Craig beat him to the martini. He would have played Wolverine in X-MEN, except MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2 went overschedule and he lost the part to Hugh Jackman, who became a movie star.

He got screwed from many big roles by fate and is now relegated to working in television or movies like HITMAN. Then again, from what I've seen of his work, his career probably did deserve to get whacked by Agent 47.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull