GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, 1 invisible), 60 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,733
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Felix Bocchicchio #438510
09/23/07 09:19 PM
09/23/07 09:19 PM
xNamexTakenx Offline OP
El Padrino
xNamexTakenx  Offline OP
El Padrino
Wiseguy
You guys remember this little part of the book? I thought it was cool. If you forgot, Felix Bocchicchio was a member of the Bocchicchio clan and turned out to be a murderer, after a while. Then, Vito Corleone said that he wanted everyone to admit that Felix was the one who was guilty for the murder of Sollozzo and Captain McClusky. I liked how he killed those guys coming out of the restaurant and just hanging around, getting a coffee, until the police came and caught him. I thought that part was awesome! What do you guys think?

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: xNamexTakenx] #438515
09/23/07 09:46 PM
09/23/07 09:46 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
What?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: olivant] #438658
09/24/07 11:43 AM
09/24/07 11:43 AM
xNamexTakenx Offline OP
El Padrino
xNamexTakenx  Offline OP
El Padrino
Wiseguy
In the novel. There was one chapter about him. He wasn't really important, though. Don't you remember Felix Bocchicchio?

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: xNamexTakenx] #438698
09/24/07 01:17 PM
09/24/07 01:17 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

I don't remember him killing people and waiting for the cops to arrive

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: Longneck] #438726
09/24/07 03:26 PM
09/24/07 03:26 PM
xNamexTakenx Offline OP
El Padrino
xNamexTakenx  Offline OP
El Padrino
Wiseguy
Well, he did. They were coming out of the restaurant and he shot them right when they were coming out. Then, he went inside and had a coffee and waited until the police came to take him away. How could you guys forget? Read that part of the book, again.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: xNamexTakenx] #438971
09/25/07 08:13 AM
09/25/07 08:13 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: xNamexTakenx
You guys remember this little part of the book? I thought it was cool. If you forgot, Felix Bocchicchio was a member of the Bocchicchio clan and turned out to be a murderer, after a while. Then, Vito Corleone said that he wanted everyone to admit that Felix was the one who was guilty for the murder of Sollozzo and Captain McClusky. I liked how he killed those guys coming out of the restaurant and just hanging around, getting a coffee, until the police came and caught him. I thought that part was awesome! What do you guys think?

Originally Posted By: olivant
What?

Originally Posted By: Longneck
I don't remember him killing people and waiting for the cops to arrive

He's right. Felix executed the two men as they walked out of a luncheonette and then he went in the luncheonette, ordered a cup of coffee, and waited for the police to arrive.

It was how Don Vito was able to get Michael cleared of any suspicions or charges for the murder of McClusky and Sollozo. Felix was facing the death penatly anyway, so he confessed to
killing McClucsky and Sollozo and in return the Corleone's rewarded his family with a nice monetary settlement.

To me it is one of the stories that I've always felt should have been included in the movie.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: Don Cardi] #439069
09/25/07 12:13 PM
09/25/07 12:13 PM
xNamexTakenx Offline OP
El Padrino
xNamexTakenx  Offline OP
El Padrino
Wiseguy
Thank you, man! Finally, somebody who knows what I'm talking about lol. Yeah, I agree with you. It should've been in the movie. Although it was a small portion of the book, it was a cool story.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: xNamexTakenx] #439095
09/25/07 02:01 PM
09/25/07 02:01 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
"The Godfather" isn't a polished work. But Puzo was a great storyteller in the Italian tradition, and the Bocchiccio story was the best "backstory" in the novel. Other excellent "backstories" were: how Neri came into the family; Sonny and the "boiler inspectors"; Luca and the Capone gunmen; Dr. Taza and his stories; Vito's rise after killing Fanucci. He could have dumped all of Johnny Fontaine after Connie's wedding; everything about Nino and all that Hollywood BS, and everything about Jules and Lucy. \:\(

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: Turnbull] #439129
09/25/07 03:27 PM
09/25/07 03:27 PM
xNamexTakenx Offline OP
El Padrino
xNamexTakenx  Offline OP
El Padrino
Wiseguy
 Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Luca and the Capone gunmen

I totally agree with you. I loved how Puzo just had to add in a story about Al Capone. It was funny how when Luca chopped off one of the gunmen's legs, the other one swallowed the bath towel and died. That part was awesome!

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: xNamexTakenx] #439372
09/25/07 11:22 PM
09/25/07 11:22 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I loved how Puzo just had to add in a story about Al Capone.

True. But he also had to add all that Hollywood BS and the incredibly boring crap about Lucy and her operation. Puzo was one of those authors (like Ian Fleming of James Bond fame) who couldn't resist adding every fun-filled fact that they ever picked up into all of their novels. Fleming wrote with enough panache that he got away with it. But Puzo spent a lot of time in Hollywood before he wrote GF, and all that completely unnecessary garbage about movie production, parties, Nino in California, etc., was there just so he could show off what he learned. As for Jules and Lucy: Evidently some female relative or acquaintance of his had had the condition he ascribed to Lucy, and had had the operation. Puzo must have interested himself in all of this, and couldn't resist adding it to the novel, even though it had nothing to do with the plot. What really pisses me off about it is realizing that every bit of the Jules/Lucy stuff was put in for one purpose: to allow Puzo to describe the operation.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: xNamexTakenx] #439478
09/26/07 10:20 AM
09/26/07 10:20 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA

I thought the inclusion of the Capone letter was completely lame! It's one thing to work in stuff based on real-life characters or make characters an extension of a real-life person, but I thought the part with Capone was ludicrous and insulting to the intelligence of the reader. In my opinion, it took away from the credibility of the story.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: goombah] #439493
09/26/07 11:47 AM
09/26/07 11:47 AM
xNamexTakenx Offline OP
El Padrino
xNamexTakenx  Offline OP
El Padrino
Wiseguy
Well, I'll have to agree with Turnbull. I also hated the whole Hollywood part. It was so boring! I was reading these chapters, and I'm like, "Get to the Godfather, already!" I saw the movie before I read the book, so I was pretty pissed off at the fact that Puzo had to add all these unnecessary parts.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: xNamexTakenx] #439498
09/26/07 12:12 PM
09/26/07 12:12 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

I don't mind the Johnny Fontane parts as much as Lucy and the Doc

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: goombah] #439503
09/26/07 12:57 PM
09/26/07 12:57 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: goombah

I thought the inclusion of the Capone letter was completely lame! It's one thing to work in stuff based on real-life characters or make characters an extension of a real-life person, but I thought the part with Capone was ludicrous and insulting to the intelligence of the reader. In my opinion, it took away from the credibility of the story.

I agree. In fact, Puzo's timetable was off since Capone went to prison in 1932. I also agree with TB about Lucy and Jules and her plumbing problems. Madonne! Have you no shame Puzo?

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: olivant] #472310
02/12/08 09:49 PM
02/12/08 09:49 PM
Operating on Lucy
S
segal Offline
Dr. Jules Segal
segal  Offline
Dr. Jules Segal
S
Associate
Operating on Lucy
The whole part about the Bocchicchio family being professional "hostages" because they were too stupid to do anything else, was hilarious. In the movie there is the quote "The negotiator is playing pinochle with my men" from Clemenza.

The game theory behind this whole thing is that if the "hostage/negotiator" was killed by Clemenza, it would be Barzini's fault and the whole stupid but vengeful clan would attack him.

I always assumed they changed the word "hostage" since it would be very confusing.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: segal] #472744
02/14/08 01:05 PM
02/14/08 01:05 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
 Originally Posted By: segal
I always assumed they changed the word "hostage" since it would be very confusing.

You're right--it would have been confusing. In the novel, Puzo had plenty of time to deveop the history of the Bocchicchio family and how they came into the "professional hostage" business. In fact, the idea of a voluntary hostage and how the retaliation would play out made that the best backstory in the novel. But since they didn't figure into the movie except for one mention in one scene, calling the guy a hostage instead of a negotiator would have confused everyone.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: Turnbull] #473210
02/16/08 12:35 AM
02/16/08 12:35 AM
Texas
Lucchese Offline
.90 Caliber
Lucchese  Offline
.90 Caliber
Made Member
Texas
...the Bocchiccio story was the best "backstory" in the novel.

I couldn't agree more. What a great story. I think it's a shame that Puzo didn't insist with FFC that this backstory be included in the movie. Not only for the watcher to understand how Don Vito engineered Michael's safe return to the US, but also to educate the watcher as to how the Bocchiccio Family operated and their role in being professional hostages. I feel that it would have answered a lot of questions for those that didn't read the novel.

"The only wealth in this world is children. More than all the money and power on Earth." --Michael Corleone
Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: Lucchese] #473254
02/16/08 11:24 AM
02/16/08 11:24 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I agree, TB. You and I have discussed it before, but for the benefit of Lucchese and the other new members, I'll state it again. The other great "backstory" in the novel was Neri's. You could practically film an entire movie around it. I loved it! Especially the "Italian-ess" of it all----Al having lunch, al fresco---Italian style, with Michael and Vito in Vito's yard. I've read that chapter a hundred times, yet I never tire of it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: pizzaboy] #473301
02/16/08 02:00 PM
02/16/08 02:00 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
The other great "backstory" in the novel was Neri's. You could practically film an entire movie around it. I loved it!

Damn good movie, too!

Well, I'll have to agree with Turnbull. I also hated the whole Hollywood part. It was so boring! I was reading these chapters, and I'm like, "Get to the Godfather, already!" I saw the movie before I read the book, so I was pretty pissed off at the fact that Puzo had to add all these unnecessary parts.

One of the reasons that the TV film of "The Last Don" is so much better than the novel is that the producers had the good sense to eliminate most of the incredibly boring Hollywood BS that sank the novel. (The other reason for the film's success is Danny Aiello, always good.)

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: Turnbull] #473639
02/18/08 04:18 PM
02/18/08 04:18 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
The other great "backstory" in the novel was Neri's. You could practically film an entire movie around it. I loved it!

Damn good movie, too!

One of the reasons that the TV film of "The Last Don" is so much better than the novel is that the producers had the good sense to eliminate most of the incredibly boring Hollywood BS that sank the novel. (The other reason for the film's success is Danny Aiello, always good.)

Yeah, but didn't you find their covering the room in plastic a bit too much. And what about the names he used? They were really, really Italian.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: olivant] #473780
02/19/08 12:12 PM
02/19/08 12:12 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
In the novel, Kay came to believe, at least temporarily, that Felix was indeed Sollozzo and Mac's killer.

I always found it interesting, that in the novel, it was Kay who came to the mall at the suggestion of Mama Corleone. Then, after "surprising" Michael, she went to his apartment in the city with him, where they had their "in five years the Corleone family will be legitimate" conversation.

I wonder what made FFC change the storyline to Michael going up to New Hampshire to find Kay?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: pizzaboy] #473786
02/19/08 12:30 PM
02/19/08 12:30 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Perhaps to show how manipulative Michael had become? How he had changed since killing Sollozzo?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: Sicilian Babe] #473787
02/19/08 12:34 PM
02/19/08 12:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Quite possibly, Babe. Because in the novel, Michael's position with Kay was, "I didn't do it, but it doesn't matter if I did it or not, understand?" Kind of straight forward.

In the movie, he's much more deceitful, where Kay is concerned.

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: olivant] #473871
02/19/08 06:15 PM
02/19/08 06:15 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
 Originally Posted By: olivant
Yeah, but didn't you find their covering the room in plastic a bit too much. And what about the names he used? They were really, really Italian.

Definitely ridiculous. Not a great movie, but compared with the novel...

Re: Felix Bocchicchio [Re: Turnbull] #479646
03/14/08 11:35 PM
03/14/08 11:35 PM
M
MafiosoTiger Offline
Wiseguy
MafiosoTiger  Offline
M
Wiseguy
I love the whole Bocchicchio storyline! Especially with Felix getting screwed over and killing the two guys(who were lawyers, I believe) who did it.
The Capone storyline was great as well. The Corleones absolutely PUNISHED Capone. It increased my respect for the family that doesn't exist and decreased my respect for the family that existed. It was that great.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull