GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 311 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 150 of 153 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 153
Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: DuesPaid] #1031999
03/26/22 10:01 PM
03/26/22 10:01 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
For the record, folks, the one time - about 25 years ago, more or less - I tried to make soda bread, I followed a recipe to the letter and it came out so dense and hard that I actually broke a knife while trying to cut into it!

Absolute truth.

It did, however, make a very good doorstop. lol

Lesson learned: I ain't a scratch baker!

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: Signor Vitelli] #1032235
03/30/22 06:40 PM
03/30/22 06:40 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Signor Vitelli
For the record, folks, the one time - about 25 years ago, more or less - I tried to make soda bread, I followed a recipe to the letter and it came out so dense and hard that I actually broke a knife while trying to cut into it!

Absolute truth.

It did, however, make a very good doorstop. lol

Lesson learned: I ain't a scratch baker!

Signor V.

Wow, great to know the parts of life when we live and we learn.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1032236
03/30/22 06:41 PM
03/30/22 06:41 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Wife made Perogies with a beef gravey of red peppers and onions……fantastic and a special treat for Spring time.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: DuesPaid] #1032242
03/30/22 07:50 PM
03/30/22 07:50 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Wife made Perogies with a beef gravey of red peppers and onions……fantastic and a special treat for Spring time.

Love perogies. Never had or even heard of them before until I went to Poland back in 2019 on my way to Munich for Oktoberfest (visited Auschwitz). The food in Poland, especially the perogies, were delicious! There's a polish place by me that I've been meaning to try when I got back but then the pandemic happened.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1032314
03/31/22 06:11 PM
03/31/22 06:11 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Impressive, what a great trip that must have been and authentic Perogies….. do you recall how they were served?

My Mother in-law had mentioned they ( perogies) - traditionally would be served lightly tossed in butter with heavy pepper and Sour Cream.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1032321
03/31/22 08:21 PM
03/31/22 08:21 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I don't remember having sour cream but there's a local place that I haven't been to yet that serves it like that. They had chives on top and meat in the middle. A little small and thin but very good. Also had some type of soup in a bread bowl (very good as well). The trip was amazing and I was planning on going to Ireland and then back to Germany for a few days for Oktoberfest in 2020 but then COVID hit. Trying to hit up the local Polish place with a friend, hopefully soon.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: Irishman12] #1032382
04/01/22 10:44 PM
04/01/22 10:44 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Not 2 change countries ..but ..2nite we had 2 go by budget as the rest of the country..roast some links of sweet sausage in the oven until almost done..remove ,let sit...boil salted water & drop orecchiette until al dente..drain pasta till shocked (to stop cooking)...drain some cannelini beans & rinse good...blanch cleaned & picked broccoli rabe..shock that as well..prep chicken stock..(I use "Better than Boullion")...only a cup is needed..chop 4 nice size cloves of garlic....have on hand hot pepper flakes..granulated garlic...onion powder..& oregano...NOW...4 THE EXECUTION...sautee a little chopped shallot (oopps..I forgot 2 add that in the prep section)..then add the fresh garlic..sautee until all is translusent..add chicken stock then add the sliced cooled down sweet sausage..simmer 4 a good half hour 2 provide the sausage is going 2 be butter tender....add , after it reduces a bit ( I also did not include in the prep...1/2 lb. COOPER SHARP CHEESE!!!!...very essential...keep whisking!!...then add the beans .cooked pasta , & blanched broc rabe...continue until all is like a sauce of thick beauty...NOTE: do not tear up the beans while ur stirring...it will only make ur sauce too thick..but it will fuck up ur consinsity...take off ur cooled off sausages & slice them on a biased ...add them & the juice that they were sitting in 2 the whole kitten koboodle....it should be slightly soupy but on track w/ pasta vazool kinda dish..I dont really like beans ..but my wife got me makin' & eatin' this one...Peace ..

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: hoodlum] #1032399
04/02/22 04:29 AM
04/02/22 04:29 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Not 2 change countries ..but ..2nite we had 2 go by budget as the rest of the country..roast some links of sweet sausage in the oven until almost done..remove ,let sit...boil salted water & drop orecchiette until al dente..drain pasta till shocked (to stop cooking)...drain some cannelini beans & rinse good...blanch cleaned & picked broccoli rabe..shock that as well..prep chicken stock..(I use "Better than Boullion")...only a cup is needed..chop 4 nice size cloves of garlic....have on hand hot pepper flakes..granulated garlic...onion powder..& oregano...NOW...4 THE EXECUTION...sautee a little chopped shallot (oopps..I forgot 2 add that in the prep section)..then add the fresh garlic..sautee until all is translusent..add chicken stock then add the sliced cooled down sweet sausage..simmer 4 a good half hour 2 provide the sausage is going 2 be butter tender....add , after it reduces a bit ( I also did not include in the prep...1/2 lb. COOPER SHARP CHEESE!!!!...very essential...keep whisking!!...then add the beans .cooked pasta , & blanched broc rabe...continue until all is like a sauce of thick beauty...NOTE: do not tear up the beans while ur stirring...it will only make ur sauce too thick..but it will fuck up ur consinsity...take off ur cooled off sausages & slice them on a biased ...add them & the juice that they were sitting in 2 the whole kitten koboodle....it should be slightly soupy but on track w/ pasta vazool kinda dish..I dont really like beans ..but my wife got me makin' & eatin' this one...Peace ..
Dues or Irish12 ..I don't know what 2 pair this with..any sugesstions?

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: hoodlum] #1032412
04/02/22 06:32 PM
04/02/22 06:32 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro

I would suggest a nice chianti

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: Irishman12] #1032453
04/03/22 02:43 PM
04/03/22 02:43 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

Wow…that sounds fantastic….. i want that.

My Mary serves it with a steak or a meatloaf or pork loin, she also sometimes sauté peppers and onions with a pound of chop meat in a brown gravey.
And Beer.

Originally Posted by Irishman12

I would suggest a nice chianti

LMFAO…. He did not say Fava beans.

Beer.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1033147
04/20/22 01:26 AM
04/20/22 01:26 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
While Signora V. was at work (I, like Don Corleone, am semi-retired) I spent the afternoon making an absolutely great meat sauce - if I do say so myself.

There's a brand of uncooked meatballs available (I think it's Carando) that I will use when I'm too lazy to go the beef/veal/pork route so I first pan-fried the meatballs, then threw in all the ingredients into another pot, seasoned it, added (like Clemenza) a little wine (white), simmered it for a few hours - and that's my trick.

Braised (or rather, fried) some spicy sausage and am throwing it into this wonderful mix while the Wife sleeps.

Earlier this evening, she had capellini with meatballs and meat sauce, and tonight I'm making linguine with meat sauce and sausage for myself.

Please don't tell my doctor! whistle

Signor V.

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1033505
04/24/22 07:33 PM
04/24/22 07:33 PM
Cleveland
A
Augustus Offline
Wiseguy
Augustus  Offline
A
Wiseguy
Cleveland
I made Filipino Caldareta and Thai Basil chicken fried rice

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: Signor Vitelli] #1033523
04/25/22 01:11 AM
04/25/22 01:11 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by Signor Vitelli
While Signora V. was at work (I, like Don Corleone, am semi-retired) I spent the afternoon making an absolutely great meat sauce - if I do say so myself.

There's a brand of uncooked meatballs available (I think it's Carando) that I will use when I'm too lazy to go the beef/veal/pork route so I first pan-fried the meatballs, then threw in all the ingredients into another pot, seasoned it, added (like Clemenza) a little wine (white), simmered it for a few hours - and that's my trick.

Braised (or rather, fried) some spicy sausage and am throwing it into this wonderful mix while the Wife sleeps.

Earlier this evening, she had capellini with meatballs and meat sauce, and tonight I'm making linguine with meat sauce and sausage for myself.

Please don't tell my doctor! whistle

Signor V.

Luv it..but it sounds like u & ur Mrs. r going 2 have alot of heartburn...add a little cream 2 the ragu 2 mellow it out..& make it an Aurora sauce..AKA..blush sauce..lol..

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: hoodlum] #1033524
04/25/22 01:28 AM
04/25/22 01:28 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
2 Nites Dinner...Smoked Pork Butt w/ charred Brussel spouts & Colcannon ( mashed potatoes infused w/ garlic & kale)...Strickly Irish if I may say..a paupers dish from my old man's childhood...U have 2 slow & low simmer that butt 4 a long time...w/ a Mead laced Cornbread...the Mead I had 2 order from a off the wall distibutor in south philly...only a bottle was needed...I guess I'll drink the rest when im feeling bold!..Not 2 day though.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: hoodlum] #1033894
04/29/22 10:52 PM
04/29/22 10:52 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
2 Nites Dinner...Smoked Pork Butt w/ charred Brussel spouts & Colcannon ( mashed potatoes infused w/ garlic & kale)...Strickly Irish if I may say..a paupers dish from my old man's childhood...U have 2 slow & low simmer that butt 4 a long time...w/ a Mead laced Cornbread...the Mead I had 2 order from a off the wall distibutor in south philly...only a bottle was needed...I guess I'll drink the rest when im feeling bold!..Not 2 day though.

That sound great Hood, luv charred Brussels sprouts.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1034137
05/05/22 05:42 PM
05/05/22 05:42 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
TACOS tonight….Happy Cinco de Mayo

[Linked Image]

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1034142
05/05/22 08:29 PM
05/05/22 08:29 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Very nice DP! Enjoy my friend (better be having some tequila or cerveza with it).

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: Irishman12] #1034179
05/06/22 07:31 PM
05/06/22 07:31 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Very nice DP! Enjoy my friend (better be having some tequila or cerveza with it).

Mucho fro cervesa for sure, no Tequila…never had it, not sure why ….have a bottle of it on my bar, have had plenty of opportunity for many varieties at certain venues, just never had it.

I should try it.

I typically only drink beer and whiskey once in awhile.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1034188
05/06/22 08:57 PM
05/06/22 08:57 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Same. Not much of a tequila person myself but I have 2 bottles on hand.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: Irishman12] #1034293
05/07/22 10:38 PM
05/07/22 10:38 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Same. Not much of a tequila person myself but I have 2 bottles on hand.

I am certain I have a bottle of Jose guervo, what is the name of the two u have.

Excuse my spelling”I know we have spelling police on this site.”

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1034297
05/07/22 11:08 PM
05/07/22 11:08 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Tres Generaciones (Anejo) and El Tesoro (Resposado)

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1035129
05/27/22 08:06 PM
05/27/22 08:06 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sausages & Peppers on amazing bread to start the weekend.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1035134
05/27/22 08:47 PM
05/27/22 08:47 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Looks delicious DP. Enjoy it my friend!

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1035252
05/31/22 06:41 PM
05/31/22 06:41 PM
VanillaLimeCoke Offline
Button
VanillaLimeCoke  Offline
Button
Leftover chicken wings from Firebirds

Hey there buddy, What’s Up? Patricia told us you were coming. My name is Luke and I’m team hoarden all the way. I ain’t no bad hombre. Everybody’s gonna tell you I got a big mouth though. I spoil the endings to movies. -Dennis from GLASS

Hey, can we keep it under 60? I’m still trying to pay for all this dental work. -Simon from TRUE LIES
Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: VanillaLimeCoke] #1035519
06/06/22 01:04 AM
06/06/22 01:04 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Yesterday, we did something special for a friend of Signora V.'s. We hadn't seen him in the flesh for several years, and I had never cooked for him, though he had heard tales from the Missus.

He specifically wanted the Pasta Bolognese I made, which I had posted earlier in this thread. I was inspired by what I saw on Stanley Tucci's CNN series Searching for Italy and it was incredible. Signora V. also wanted to lay out an antipasto, and she is a long-time customer of an Old School Italian deli in Brooklyn (Esposito's on Court Street - sorry, no website). She got some fresh mozzarella, salami, prosciutto, and - to use the vernacular - gabagool. I procured some cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and roasted sweet peppers.

Signora V.'s boss recently returned from a vacation in Italy and brought her some magnificent balsamic vinegar, so we put that out along with extra-virgin olive oil. She drizzled a bit of vinegar over the Caprese Salad. Yum! (Photo of the First Course below.)

Well, lots of red wine flowed ("Paulie - more wine!"), the evening was great, the food was everything our friend expected (and more), and then came dessert from Monteleone's (right next door to Esposito's) - cannolis!

Then it comes out that our friend (who is, by profession, a theatrical Stage Manager) had never seen any of the Godfather films!

Infamia! eek [Linked Image]

He promised to remedy this ASAP, especially after we showed him the part where Paulie gets whacked and then the Louis' Restaurant scene.

It was an offer he couldn't refuse.

He didn't stagger out of here - into a waiting Uber - until nearly 3:AM. Stuffed, snockered, but happy. Since I was acting as host/server/bartender, I limited myself to only two beers. Signora V., however, spent most of today on her back nursing the mother of all hangovers.

Signor V.

Attached Files Antipasto_2.jpg

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1044596
11/27/22 09:12 PM
11/27/22 09:12 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
We did the Turkey again with all the trimmings, could not let that leftover gravy go to waste.
All gone now, bring on the next feast.

Fishes, then lasagna with a roast.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1049303
01/22/23 07:20 PM
01/22/23 07:20 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I didn't take any pictures unfortunately but last week I made for the first time a butternut squash and chickpea curry that I put over white rice that turned out amazing!

This week's meal is a one pan garlic herb shrimp & sausage with veggies.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1050526
02/05/23 06:44 PM
02/05/23 06:44 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
This week's meal prep is a new recipe for me: Garlicky Smashed Chickpeas With Corn Over White Rice.

Attached Files IMG-8790.jpg
Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1051111
02/13/23 06:21 PM
02/13/23 06:21 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
That looks good and healthy i12.

Re: Tonight's Dinner [Re: pizzaboy] #1051118
02/13/23 08:57 PM
02/13/23 08:57 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Thanks DP, I was pleased with how it turned out. This week I made a Southwest Chicken skillet (chicken, red bell pepper, zucchini, summer squash, and garlic).

Page 150 of 153 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 153

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull