GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 282 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,653
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New Bin Laden video #432418
09/07/07 03:33 PM
09/07/07 03:33 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
No overt threats in new bin Laden video

By LARA JAKES JORDAN, Associated Press Writer 25 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - A new video of Osama bin Laden makes no overt threats against the United States and appears to have been made as recently as this summer, a government official said Friday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The video includes references to current events in the war in Iraq, the official said. That would bolster the video's authenticity, which intelligence officials still are trying to confirm.

The new video of al-Qaida leader bin Laden — his first in three years — runs nearly 30 minutes long, said the government official who has seen a transcript of its contents and spoke on condition of anonymity because it has not been made public.

Bin Laden makes "no overt threat" in the video, the official said.

But he mentions Sept. 11 several times and says that while the United States is the greatest economic and military power in the world, the nation is unjust, the official said.

The video, which the U.S. government obtained only very recently, surfaced the week before the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Several intelligence agencies were analyzing the video Friday.

The Homeland Security Department said Friday it had no credible information warning of an imminent threat to the United States, and analysts noted that al-Qaida tends to mark the Sept. 11 anniversary with a slew of messages.

White House deputy press secretary Tony Fratto declined to comment on the video until it has been fully analyzed, except to say it was a reminder of the continuing terrorist threat.

"This is why we need to be more vigilant and more persistent in our pursuit of terrorists," Fratto said. "We will continue to pursue them. And it reminds us that we need to be certain that our intelligence professionals have all the tools they need to continue to disrupt their activities."

Several intelligence and counterterror officials said there was still a question about whether the video was authentic — whether it is, in fact, Osama bin Laden on the tape. But one intelligence official said there has never been one of these tapes that has proven not to be authentic.

The government also is looking at bin Laden's physical characteristics — in part, for clues about his health after unconfirmed rumors earlier this year that he had died of kidney disease.

Soon after word emerged that the United States had the video, Islamic militant Web sites that usually carry statements from al-Qaida went down and were inaccessible. The reason for the shutdown was not immediately known.

Evan H. Kohlmann, a terrorism expert at globalterroralert.com, said he suspected it was the work of al-Qaida itself, trying to find how the video leaked to U.S. officials.

"For them this is totally disruptive that the U.S. government could have a copy before their targeted audience does," he said. "They could be concerned and trying to plug the leak quickly."

The video ends bin Laden's longest period without a message. The al-Qaida leader has not appeared in new video footage since October 2004, and he has not put out a new audiotape in more than a year.

Al-Qaida's media arm, Al-Sahab, announced bin Laden's new message Thursday in a banner advertisement on an Islamic militant Web site that included a photo of him.

"Soon, God willing, a videotape from the lion sheik Osama bin Laden, God preserve him," the advertisement read, signed by Al-Sahab. Such announcements are usually put out one to three days before the video is posted on the Web.

One difference in bin Laden's appearance was immediately obvious. The announcement had a still photo from the coming video, showing bin Laden addressing the camera, his beard fully black. In his past videos, bin Laden's beard was almost entirely gray with dark streaks.

Bin Laden's beard appears to have been dyed, a popular practice among Arab leaders, said Rita Katz, director of the SITE Institute, a Washington-based group that monitors terror messages.

Katz said al-Qaida has consistently marked the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks as one of its biggest successes. In 2003, a videotape of bin Laden was released the day before the anniversary and last year al-Qaida released a documentary describing the planning of the attacks.

Videotapes of bin Laden are the group's most powerful propaganda tools, and they use them sparingly, Katz said, primarily because security concerns make access to the leader difficult. But also, she added, because al-Sahab wants to ensure that a new tape gets maximum play in the media.

Over the last few years, al-Qaida leaders appear to have gotten better at distributing their missives, one intelligence official said. They are using subtitles and different languages and using the Internet to distribute them, rather than depending on a particular television station or network.

---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that he would admit that the United States is the greatest economic and military power in the world.

It's also being reported on the news that he ripped the Democrats that took power in Washington for not stopping the war like they said they would before the last election :

----------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------

"One should pause, think and reflect," the speaker says according to the transcript. "Why have the Democrats failed to stop this war, despite them being the majority?"

The answer to that question, he later says, is "the same reasons which led to the failure of former President Kennedy to stop the Vietnam War. Those with with real power and influence are those with the most capital. And since the democratic system permits major corporations to back candidates, be they presidential or congressional, there shouldn't be any cause for astonishment -- and there isn't any -- in the Democrats' failure to stop the war."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/07/binladen.tape/index.html?section=cnn_latest

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So he says the the U.S. is the greatest military power and then rips the democrats in power for NOT pulling out of the war.

Hmmmm.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Don Cardi] #432419
09/07/07 03:36 PM
09/07/07 03:36 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
He's a scumbag. Period. End of story.

He's only saying that about the democrats to create dissension amongst the parties here. I hope no one falls for it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: pizzaboy] #432422
09/07/07 03:44 PM
09/07/07 03:44 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
He's a scumbag. Period. End of story.

He's only saying that about the democrats to create dissension amongst the parties here. I hope no one falls for it.

Exactly right PB. He's spewing this propaganda to try and put a wedge between the people here in the USA. Trying to get the people in this country to fight internally. As the saying goes...A house divided against itself cannot stand. ;\)

Real tough guy, huh? Hiding in a fucking cave for what, 6 years now?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Don Cardi] #432423
09/07/07 03:48 PM
09/07/07 03:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Six years!

Dear God, where does the time go? I'm sure you'll be starting a remembrance thread sometime next week...

He lives in a cave but he can find himself Just For Men, to dye his beard.

Great, just what we need, a vain, serial-killing, Arab scumbag.

I think it makes him look 10 years younger.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: pizzaboy] #432430
09/07/07 03:58 PM
09/07/07 03:58 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I'm sure you'll be starting a remembrance thread sometime next week...

Not me. For what? So that some here can piss in it and make it into a political discussion like they've done with similar remeberance topics in the past? Nope. Not me. I'll remember in my heart. I'll NEVER forget!

Don Cardi cool

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Don Cardi] #432432
09/07/07 03:59 PM
09/07/07 03:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Can't say I blame you.

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: pizzaboy] #432436
09/07/07 04:04 PM
09/07/07 04:04 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
How is it possible that we can't offer enough money to SOMEONE to for God sake find this scum??

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Sicilian Babe] #432438
09/07/07 04:07 PM
09/07/07 04:07 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
How is it possible that we can't offer enough money to SOMEONE to for God sake find this scum??

He has the most loyal inner circle on earth.

I got the chills just typing that out, but it's true.

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: pizzaboy] #432440
09/07/07 04:08 PM
09/07/07 04:08 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Isn't that the most frightening part of all this???

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Sicilian Babe] #432442
09/07/07 04:09 PM
09/07/07 04:09 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

The problem SB is that many of the people in that region of the world do NOT know the value of money. They don't know the difference between $10 and $100,000.

And being the educated man that he is and knowing the ways of the people in that region, he's manipulated them and used that region of the world to his advantage. Unfortunately he is NOT a stupid man by any means.

He has the most loyal inner circle on earth.

And the most patient.

Don Cardi cool

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Don Cardi] #432445
09/07/07 04:11 PM
09/07/07 04:11 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
He's certainly not stupid, is he? The locals are so indoctrinated in his message of hate that it SHOULD defy belief, but after seeing what Hitler was able to accomplish, it really doesn't, does it?

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Sicilian Babe] #432455
09/07/07 04:32 PM
09/07/07 04:32 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I think the US needs to put pressure on the Pakistani government. It's always rumored that he is in a largely ungoverned area b/w Pakistan and Afghanistan. The message should be clear - either get bin Laden & al Zwahari yourself or we're going to flatten the entire region.

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Sicilian Babe] #432466
09/07/07 06:51 PM
09/07/07 06:51 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Human intelligence and the CIA were basically castrated by the Federal government during the mid-to-late 90's (particularly the executive branch).

The effects are more than evident.

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Double-J] #432470
09/07/07 07:15 PM
09/07/07 07:15 PM
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
D
Don Rico Offline
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline
D
Underboss
I am an old-school hippie who believes in PEACE & LOVE, but I must admit that I DO agree with signor Goombah on this one--

More pressure on the Pakistanis to actually DO something or send over some B-52s and we will just plain have to do it ourself...

Of course... That would not be in the best interest of the current Cheney-Bush regime... Those evil crooks NEED a boogey-man like bin Laden to keep us all in fear and at their own war-mongering mercy... So that they can continue to sacrifice thousands of OUR (U.S.) boys & girls, and millions of Iraqis and keep us all in a state of fear and so be more easily-controlled...

Look for the U.S. Constitution and 2008 elections to be suspended soon so that these evil goons can stay in POWER...

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Don Cardi] #432472
09/07/07 07:25 PM
09/07/07 07:25 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
So he says the the U.S. is the greatest military power and then rips the democrats in power for NOT pulling out of the war.

Hmmmm.

That's not that contradictory. In fact, I don't think it's contradictory at all.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: long_lost_corleone] #432474
09/07/07 07:48 PM
09/07/07 07:48 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Hmmmm.

That's not that contradictory. In fact, I don't think it's contradictory at all.

Never said, thought or even implied that he was being contradictory in his statements. That's your interpretation, not mine.

LLC, I know that you are a smart guy. Read those statements over again and read between the lines.

It's my feeling that there is a message between those two remarks for his people to pick up on. It's quite obvious.

Don Cardi cool

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Don Cardi] #432484
09/07/07 09:03 PM
09/07/07 09:03 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Well, I guess that's another drawback to text-based communication, huh? \:\/

I personally don't know how much depth there is behind his sited comments, but who knows. I think, partially, having the alleged best military and economy is part of the problem... In his eyes of course. A strong military and strong economy are seemingly both the cause and effect of imperialism, and that's what it all comes down to. We, have an on-again/off-again history of imperialism (along with several other targeted Westernized nations such as England)... And now that we've seemed to have reached the age of globalization, I think that a main root of Islamic fundamentalism and related terrorism is fear. But it doesn't just end at that; they've chosen to fight their fear of America's overseas expansion by scaring the shit out of the western world.

So, simply put, Osama notes the U.S.'s attributes, and why shouldn't he? It wouldn't make very much sense to say that America is impoverished and militarily weak.

Well, I don't know, those are my first thoughts, without taking the time to really analyze the facts in depth.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 09/07/07 09:04 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: long_lost_corleone] #432499
09/07/07 10:09 PM
09/07/07 10:09 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

It's nice to know you can get Grecian Formula for men in the depth of a cave.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Beth E] #432503
09/07/07 10:15 PM
09/07/07 10:15 PM
Underboss
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Beth E
It's nice to know you can get Grecian Formula for men in the depth of a cave.

Just so we're perfectly clear, we're talking about Bin Laden, not pubic lice, right?

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Don Rico] #432552
09/08/07 07:50 AM
09/08/07 07:50 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: Don Rico
I am an old-school hippie who believes in PEACE & LOVE, but I must admit that I DO agree with signor Goombah on this one--

More pressure on the Pakistanis to actually DO something or send over some B-52s and we will just plain have to do it ourself...

Of course... That would not be in the best interest of the current Cheney-Bush regime... Those evil crooks NEED a boogey-man like bin Laden to keep us all in fear and at their own war-mongering mercy... So that they can continue to sacrifice thousands of OUR (U.S.) boys & girls, and millions of Iraqis and keep us all in a state of fear and so be more easily-controlled...

Look for the U.S. Constitution and 2008 elections to be suspended soon so that these evil goons can stay in POWER...

Can't you just stick to posting those 9/11 conspiracy threads every few months or so?

That would be great. ;\)

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Double-J] #432863
09/09/07 09:47 PM
09/09/07 09:47 PM
D
Don Rico Offline
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline
D
Underboss
Yeah Double J... That would also be great if you got your information from at least ONE, perhaps more truthful and credible, source besides FOX "News"...

Actually I went to Laura Mansfield's web-site and watched the entire 26-minute bin Laden video, complete with English sub-titles...

As much as I loathe the guy and his terrorist minions, I sat through the entire thing and could not logically disagree with one single point that he made.

He did not call for more attacks on innocent Americans, or try to stir up more war and bloodshed...

On the contrary, the gist of the whole message was almost reconciliatory-- In common vernacular, to say "You guys quit fucking with us Muslims and get out of Iraq, and we will stop fucking with you."

He held the Democrats accountable for being elected on the premise to STOP THE WAR and failing to do a damn thing...

And of course he called out the wicked Cheney-Bush regime for the evil war-mongering liars and mass-murderers that they truly are...

But he did NOT say ANYTHING about "kill all Americans!" or any nonsense like that...

It ALMOST gives one hope that maybe, just MAYBE, we are NOT actually headed for a total ARMAGEDDON WW-III-style holocaust conflagration of the entire planet...

Who knows what will happen...

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Don Rico] #432870
09/09/07 10:02 PM
09/09/07 10:02 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
Bin Laden probably shaves every day and grows a beard only to make a video.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Don Rico] #432873
09/09/07 10:09 PM
09/09/07 10:09 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I sat through the entire thing and could not logically disagree with one single point that he made.

he called out the wicked Cheney-Bush regime for the evil war-mongering liars and mass-murderers that they truly are...

So you don't disagree with Bin Laden and side with his calling our President a mass murderer?

Don Cardi cool

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Longneck] #432895
09/10/07 01:32 AM
09/10/07 01:32 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
 Originally Posted By: Longneck
Bin Laden probably shaves every day and grows a beard only to make a video.

He uses a wig

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Don Rico] #432973
09/10/07 07:17 AM
09/10/07 07:17 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Yeah Double J... That would also be great if you got your information from at least ONE, perhaps more truthful and credible, source besides FOX "News"...

A stark indictment from someone who considers "Loose Change" to be an authority on building engineering.

Who am I to complain?

He did not call for more attacks on innocent Americans, or try to stir up more war and bloodshed...

And of course he called out the wicked Cheney-Bush regime for the evil war-mongering liars and mass-murderers that they truly are...

But he did NOT say ANYTHING about "kill all Americans!" or any nonsense like that...

It ALMOST gives one hope that maybe, just MAYBE, we are NOT actually headed for a total ARMAGEDDON WW-III-style holocaust conflagration of the entire planet...

Who knows what will happen...

Maybe we should give him a spot on Sesame Street. The way you've described him, Osama sounds like he's gone from being a real curmudgeon to a kindly old beard.

Heck, he could replace Oscar the Grouch, and come out of a cave instead of a garbage can!

Remember kids, Osama doesn't want to kill you! Bush does! \:\) \:\) \:\)

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: Double-J] #433077
09/10/07 10:40 AM
09/10/07 10:40 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Nice dye job on the newly trimmed beard. I still say he's in Saudi Arabia and not in a cave at all.

Whatever the case he seemed to be rambling about all kinds of things, and other than reminding us he is still around, I'm not to sure what his point was.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: dontomasso] #433079
09/10/07 10:42 AM
09/10/07 10:42 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
He's in Australia.I swear i seen him at this club.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: whisper] #433081
09/10/07 10:44 AM
09/10/07 10:44 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under

You were probably looking at some gal spreading her legs (and she didn't shave).

Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: SC] #433091
09/10/07 10:47 AM
09/10/07 10:47 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
 Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under

You were probably looking at some gal spreading her legs (and she didn't shave).

Can we keep the jokes about my girlfriend to a minimum please ;\)

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: New Bin Laden video [Re: whisper] #433294
09/10/07 02:40 PM
09/10/07 02:40 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
To read more about the efforts to get bin Laden and al Zawahiri, read this excellent Newsweek cover story:

The Ongoing Hunt for Osama bin Laden

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull