GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 296 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,918
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,332
Posts1,058,802
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 72 of 109 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 108 109
Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: 80scasual] #507377
09/01/08 01:54 PM
09/01/08 01:54 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Originally Posted By: 80scasual
Luton town are going to do it!

-30 who gives a f***, we're super luton and we're staying up!

It would be a shame to see them go out the league, but i cant see them staying up.. A lot of points to make up..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #507386
09/01/08 03:31 PM
09/01/08 03:31 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Man City become the new money super power of football and try to pinch Berbatov off United.....

Please discuss De Niro? whistle

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #507395
09/01/08 04:05 PM
09/01/08 04:05 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

He'll be a Utd player trust me,, he knows better.

Last edited by DE NIRO; 09/01/08 04:39 PM.

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #507506
09/02/08 09:37 AM
09/02/08 09:37 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Keegan resigns/quits the Toon?

Wise to replace him?

Turmoil once again at the club?

*Yogi please discuss*?

NO mad

I am not happy!!!!

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #507535
09/02/08 01:09 PM
09/02/08 01:09 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline OP
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline OP
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
i told you what i thought in my txt mate

disgracefull mad

If i come across the table and take your f*****g eyes out ,will you remember

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Uw0DUAGo

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pv7H4YkFKs
Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: chopper] #507540
09/02/08 01:57 PM
09/02/08 01:57 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Long live the king.. I suppose this is where all the shearer rumours will come back..

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #507761
09/03/08 03:03 PM
09/03/08 03:03 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Keegan still there? confused

Mike Ashley was supposed to be the answer to our prayers but he has turned us into even more of a laughing stock than Fat Fred did and that is some feat ohwell

I'm away to St. James' to hang with the rest of the saddo's singing "Sack the Board"...

I remember doing that (for the first and not the last time) 20 odd years ago!

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #508382
09/06/08 08:02 PM
09/06/08 08:02 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Saturday, 06 September 2008

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying

Albania 0-0 Sweden
Andorra 0-2 England
Armenia 0-2 Turkey
Austria 3-1 France
Belgium 3-2 Estonia
Croatia 3-0 Kazakhstan
Cyprus 1-2 Italy
FYR Macedonia 1-0 Scotland
Georgia 1-2 Rep of Ireland
Hungary 0-0 Denmark
Israel 2-2 Switzerland
Liechtenstein 0-6 Germany
Luxembourg 0-3 Greece
Malta 0-4 Portugal
Moldova 1-2 Latvia
Montenegro 2-2 Bulgaria
Norway 2-2 Iceland
Poland 1-1 Slovenia
Romania 0-3 Lithuania
Serbia 2-0 Faroe Islands
Slovakia 2-1 Northern Ireland
Spain 1-0 Bosnia-Herzegovina
Ukraine 1-0 Belarus
Wales 1-0 Azerbaijan

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #508383
09/06/08 08:03 PM
09/06/08 08:03 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Coca-Cola Football League One

Brighton 1-4 Scunthorpe
Carlisle 2-1 Southend
Cheltenham 1-2 Huddersfield
Leeds 5-2 Crewe
Millwall 2-0 Hartlepool
Milton Keynes Dons 3-0 Yeovil
Peterborough 5-4 Bristol Rovers
Tranmere 0-1 Oldham
Walsall 0-2 Leyton Orient

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Aldershot 2-1 Darlington
Brentford 2-1 Dag & Red
Chester 1-1 Bury
Chesterfield 1-0 Rotherham
Exeter 2-1 Accrington Stanley
Gillingham 3-0 Grimsby
Lincoln City 2-0 Barnet
Macclesfield 2-1 Luton
Morecambe 1-0 Shrewsbury
Notts County 1-1 Bournemouth
Port Vale 0-2 Bradford
Rochdale 0-1 Wycombe

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #508384
09/06/08 08:04 PM
09/06/08 08:04 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Wednesday, 10 September 2008

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying

Albania v Malta, 1, 19:45
Andorra v Belarus, 6, 18:00
Azerbaijan v Liechtenstein, 4, 17:00
Bosnia-Herzegovina v Estonia, 5, 19:15
Croatia v England, 6, 20:00
FYR Macedonia v Netherlands, 9, 19:30
Faroe Islands v Romania, 7, 17:30
Finland v Germany, 4, 18:35
France v Serbia, 7, 18:00
Iceland v Scotland, 9, 19:30
Italy v Georgia, 8, 19:50
Kazakhstan v Ukraine, 6, 18:00
Latvia v Greece, 2, 19:15
Lithuania v Austria, 7, 18:30
Moldova v Israel, 2, 18:30
Montenegro v Rep of Ireland, 8, 18:00
Northern Ireland v Czech Republic, 3, 19:45
Portugal v Denmark, 1, 20:45
Russia v Wales, 4, 16:00
San Marino v Poland, 3, 19:30
Slovenia v Slovakia, 3, 19:45
Spain v Armenia, 5, 21:00
Sweden v Hungary, 1, 19:15
Switzerland v Luxembourg, 2, 19:30
Turkey v Belgium, 5, 19:00

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #508438
09/07/08 11:29 AM
09/07/08 11:29 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Capello angry with Cole & Rooney

England coach Fabio Capello revealed he vented his fury at Joe Cole and Wayne Rooney for not following his orders during the 2-0 win away to Andorra.

Cole spared the Italian's blushes when he came off the bench to earn England a narrow win in the World Cup qualifier.

Capello said: "I was not happy with Joe and Wayne Rooney.

"I was asking them to go forward again because Emile Heskey was all on his own. I tried to transmit something to them but I was too far from the pitch."

Cole's goals did not save him from the wrath of Capello and the pair exchanged strong words as England struggled to break down the European minnows in the second half.

Capello said he had asked both Rooney and Cole to support Heskey up front, but felt that once they had gone 2-0 the pair were dropping too deep into midfield.

However, after the game Capello admitted he was happy overall with the impact of winger Cole.

It was the second time that Cole had bailed out Capello after snatching a last-gasp equaliser in the friendly international with the Czech Republic at Wembley last month.

"I have got to think about Joe," said Capello. "He is very good for himself at the moment and very good for us
Cole at this moment is scoring goals for fun."

Capello feels the hard-earned win will have given them confidence ahead of Wednesday's tricky qualifier against Croatia.

"I'm happy because we played a good game and made a lot of chances," said the 62-year-old Italian.

"I'm happy because it's an important three points. It's a good sign for the Croatia game."

The Italian also paid tribute to the early impact of Arsenal's 19-year-old winger Theo Walcott, who made his first start for England and was one of the few bright sparks on a tough night for the visitors.

"We played well for the first 15 to 20 minutes and had two chances to score goals," he said.

"But after not taking one or two chances to score a goal we started playing too slowly. It was not easy to find space when you have opposition putting nine players behind the ball.
"Near the box it was impossible to find space. But in the second half I changed it.

"For about 15 minutes Theo Walcott was incredible. He's an interesting player. We'll have to wait to see if he plays against Croatia on Wednesday."

The England XI were jeered by their own fans when they came off at half-time after what was a nervy display inside the Olympic Stadium against a team 186th in the world rankings.

Cole believes the England supporters will see a different performance from the national team when they make the trip to Zagreb.

"People look at it on paper and say it's an easy game," he said.

"They got 10 men behind the ball and it was a sticky pitch. It was our first qualifier and our confidence was low.

"But we got the job done in the end. Anyone who has come here and played on this sticky pitch knows it's not easy.

"Judge the team after the Wednesday's game, because Croatia are ranked fifth in the world. Tonight's game and Wednesday's game will be two completely different animals."

bbc.co.uk/football

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #508622
09/08/08 12:30 PM
09/08/08 12:30 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Ferdinand in reckoning for Zagreb

Rio Ferdinand trained with England on Monday morning and will travel with the squad for Wednesday's crucial World Cup qualifier in Croatia.

The Manchester United defender came through the session after missing the victory in Andorra because of neck and back problems.

Meanwhile, England coach Fabio Capello says he is undecided whether to hand Joe Cole a starting role in Zagreb.

Cole came off the bench to score both goals in the 2-0 win over Andorra.

Capello said: "I've got to think about Joe. He is very good for himself at the moment and very good for us. But I have to decide what the first 11 will be.

"It will be another game - and it will a different sort of game."

Cole has not started an England game since the friendly defeat away to France in March.

He came off the bench to earn a draw at home to the Czech Republic at Wembley in August and it was his introduction at half-time that turned the game in England's favour in Barcelona against Andorra. PHIL MCNULTY BLOG
with England knowing the ramifications of defeat in Zagreb could be long-term, it is the perfect time to put total trust in Cole. Take him for what he is

But with England's lack of a goalscoring threat, it seems likely that Cole will be back in the starting line-up against Croatia in place of the ineffective Stewart Downing.

Captain John Terry said: "Coley came on with a fresh pair of legs and showed great movement for his first goal and the second one. They were two great finishes. He was fantastic.

"I am delighted for Coley. He has been on fire at Chelsea and he has come on and turned things. When he is not in the team he is really frustrated because he wants to play. I am delighted for him."

Capello opted for an experimental side against Andorra, with Theo Walcott earning a first England start on the right side of midfield.

The England coach was pleased with the teenager's introduction but is likely to bring back the greater experience of former skipper David Beckham or Tottenham's David Bentley.

But Beckham is not assuming he will add to his 104 caps against Croatia.

The Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder said: "Every player wants to play. We've got a very good squad of young players that want to play. Everyone in the squad wants to play a game.

"There are going to be disappointed players but that is the way it is in football.

"Do I expect a recall? We will have to wait and see. We have got players in our team that can play in any game of football, whether it be out here in Barcelona, where it is not going to be as hostile as on Wednesday, or in Zagreb.

"It will be a tough game but, although we might have some young players in our team, they have played in some of the biggest games in football with their clubs. They have got that experience."

If Ferdinand is fit he is set to partner Terry at the heart of the defence after Joleon Lescott filled in against Andorra.

Wes Brown may also be recalled at right-back after making way for Glenn Johnson, while the power of Emile Heskey could be preferred to Jermain Defoe up front. Croatia are a good team and when they play at home the fans help the players a lot

England lost both games against Croatia in their unsuccessful European Championship qualifying campaign.

There is a feeling that a point on Wednesday would be considered a good result but Capello said his side will be looking for all three when they go to Zagreb.

"Croatia will be another game, not like Andorra," he insisted. "We have to play to win, always.

"I followed Croatia a lot in the European Championship. They are a good team and when they play at home the fans help the players a lot. The fans are very strong in terms of emotion and passion.

"Are England good enough to get a result? Yes, I think so. I am confident in my team."

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #508623
09/08/08 12:32 PM
09/08/08 12:32 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

England will be defensive - Cole

Winger Joe Cole says England will adopt a defensive approach against Croatia in Wednesday's crunch World Cup qualifier.

Cole scored twice in England's win away to Andorra on Saturday and believes a draw in Zagreb would be a good result.

"We're working on being strong and hard to break down and we have got the players to do that," said Cole.

"Without wanting to sound negative, a draw would put us in the driving seat but we'll go out there to try to win the game."

Cole, 27, paid tribute to Wednesday's opponents and insists England will aim to avoid the mistakes of their last visit to the Maksimir Stadium in October 2006, when they were beaten 2-0 in a Euro 2008 qualifier.

"The last time we went out there we underestimated them a little bit," he said. "Looking at their performances they are a top side with great players.

"You need to be solid, tough and compact when you play there - you need everyone's experience on the pitch because it's going to be a hostile environment."

He added: "Once you go a goal down, its so hard so we need to get off to a good start and get in their faces, shut them down.

"We have to play with a passion like England should do but not be naive and throw players forward."

England also lost 3-2 to Croatia at Wembley in November 2007, in a defeat that saw them fail to qualify for Euro 2008 and signalled the exit of Steve McClaren as the national team's manager.

Fabio Capello took over from McClaren and Cole has moved to play down criticism from the Italian during the win over Andorra - his first competitive match in charge.

The Chelsea midfielder came on for the second half and despite scoring twice, did not escape Capello's fury for dropping too deep into midfield instead of supporting striker Emile Heskey. I don't see myself as a substitute

"As for criticism from the manager that is what they are there for, that is what they do," said Cole.

"The mood is good in this squad. We are moving forward every day. Today we are working on new things and things that we might want to do on Wednesday.

"We are not taking our foot off the pedal. We need to keep working. I think the way the team is set up, we are getting stronger.

"There is more mental toughness in the team now."

Cole could again be on the bench for the crunch game in Croatia but he believes his experience at international level will be enough to earn him a place in the starting line-up.

"I don't see myself as a substitute," he said. "I am an old hand at international football.

"I have more than 50 caps. I have made an impact off the bench and when I've started. I'm ready to play but the main thing is England get the right result."

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #508769
09/09/08 03:03 PM
09/09/08 03:03 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Capello brings up Wembley concern

Fabio Capello believes England will perform with more confidence in Croatia than they have when playing at Wembley.

Croatia have never lost a competitive game at the Maksimir Stadium in Zagreb, but Capello feels his side may be under less pressure there than at home.

"When we play at home we don't play with a lot of confidence, so I prefer to play away from home," the England coach said.

"We are very good technically but sometimes during games we don't do it."

Both captain John Terry and striker Jermain Defoe have stated England would be happy to come away with a draw from Wednesday's World Cup qualifier in Zagreb, but Capello believes a win is possible.

He said: "I think we played every game better and with more confidence, in this moment I know Croatia and their strong points.

"I'm sure tomorrow we will play well. I understand the spirit of the group, the spirit of the team is going up."

Capello's men know from experience that their results against Croatia are likely to have a significant bearing on their hopes of progressing to South Africa in 2010.

The Croats beat England home and away en route to Euro 2008, their 3-2 victory at Wembley in November ending England's bid to reach the finals in Austria and Switzerland.

But the Italian doesn't believe that result will have a bearing on Wednesday's outcome.

I know what happened in the past but I always think about the future," he said.

"It's a new game, a new season and the players now aren't thinking about what happened in the last game, they're focusing on this game.

"We're a different team, with a different manager."

Meanwhile, captain John Terry maintains the memory of the defeats in Zagreb and at Wembley will be as good a motivator as any team talk.

He said: "Sometimes it's called for and I will do that to get the group going, but a calm head is sometimes a wise head.

"The memories of what happened here last time will be enough to get the lads fighting.

"Their home record speaks for itself, we have to respect them and that's what we will do.

"But we've moved forward from a year ago, we're in better shape than we were then, and we need to move forward with confidence.

"We didn't have that at Wembley, but here it's a fresh start, and a new campaign."

Terry also acknowledged England needed to repay their travelling fans after receiving boos during their last outing against Andorra.

"We owe every single England fan success, good performances and results," he said.

"The fans are paying a lot of money to see us and we need to improve."

England lie second in Group Six after beating Andorra 2-0 in their opening qualifier on Saturday, while Croatia top the pool following their 3-0 win against Kazakhstan.

Only the group winners are guaranteed a place in South Africa, with eight of the nine runners-up entering the play-offs and the one remaining runner-up missing out altogether.

BBC.co.uk/football

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #508770
09/09/08 03:04 PM
09/09/08 03:04 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Ferdinand fit for Croatia clash

Rio Ferdinand has been passed fit for Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against Croatia in Zagreb.

The Manchester United defender came through a training session on Monday after missing the victory in Andorra because of neck and back problems.

England coach Fabio Capello said: "Rio is fit for the game and it is good to have him available because he is a leader and an important player."

Ferdinand looks likely to return in place of Everton's Joleon Lescott.

And captain John Terry echoed his manager's sentiments that Ferdinand's experience of the big occasion would be crucial.

He said: "Rio's been the best centre half in the world over the last two years for me, so the fact he's fit is a great boost for the whole squad."

Capello declared a clean bill of health for his squad to leave him with several selection questions to mull over.

He has to decide whether to recall David Beckham in place of Theo Walcott and also admits he is undecided on whether to hand Joe Cole a starting berth after his two-goal cameo from the bench against Andorra.

Capello said: "I've got to think about Joe. He is very good for himself at the moment and very good for us. But I have to decide what the first 11 will be.

"It will be another game - and it will a different sort of game."

Cole has not started an England game since the friendly defeat away to France in March.

He came off the bench to earn a draw at home to the Czech Republic at Wembley in August and it was his introduction at half-time that turned the game in England's favour in Barcelona against Andorra.
But with England's lack of a goalscoring threat, it seems likely that Cole will be back in the starting line-up against Croatia in place of the ineffective Stewart Downing.

Terry said: "Coley came on with a fresh pair of legs and showed great movement for his first goal and the second one. They were two great finishes. He was fantastic.

"I am delighted for Coley. He has been on fire at Chelsea and he has come on and turned things. When he is not in the team he is really frustrated because he wants to play. I am delighted for him."

Capello opted for an experimental side against Andorra, with Theo Walcott earning a first England start on the right side of midfield.

The England coach was pleased with the teenager's introduction but is likely to bring back the greater experience of former skipper David Beckham or Tottenham's David Bentley.

But Beckham is not assuming he will add to his 104 caps against Croatia.

The Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder said: "Every player wants to play. We've got a very good squad of young players that want to play. Everyone in the squad wants to play a game.

"There are going to be disappointed players but that is the way it is in football.

"Do I expect a recall? We will have to wait and see. We have got players in our team that can play in any game of football, whether it be out here in Barcelona, where it is not going to be as hostile as on Wednesday, or in Zagreb.

"It will be a tough game but, although we might have some young players in our team, they have played in some of the biggest games in football with their clubs. They have got that experience."

If Ferdinand is fit he is set to partner Terry at the heart of the defence after Joleon Lescott filled in against Andorra.

Wes Brown may also be recalled at right-back after making way for Glenn Johnson, while the power of Emile Heskey could be preferred to Jermain Defoe up front. England lost both games against Croatia in their unsuccessful European Championship qualifying campaign.

There is a feeling that a point on Wednesday would be considered a good result but Capello said his side will be looking for all three when they go to Zagreb.

"Croatia will be another game, not like Andorra," he insisted. "We have to play to win, always.

"I followed Croatia a lot in the European Championship. They are a good team and when they play at home the fans help the players a lot. The fans are very strong in terms of emotion and passion.

"Are England good enough to get a result? Yes, I think so. I am confident in my team."

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #508775
09/09/08 03:22 PM
09/09/08 03:22 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
England will be hard pushed to get a result tomorrow ohwell

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #508790
09/09/08 04:12 PM
09/09/08 04:12 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I keep saying ill be happy with a point.. How times have change when England would be happy with a point against Croatia.. rolleyes

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #508806
09/09/08 04:53 PM
09/09/08 04:53 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Damn right mate!

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #508942
09/10/08 05:52 PM
09/10/08 05:52 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Great result lads, a well derserves win, this has really put a bit of pride back in the country.. clap

Croatia 1-4 England

bbc.co.uk/football

Theo Walcott hit a stunning hat-trick as England thrashed Croatia in a World Cup qualifying tie in Zagreb.

The 19-year-old got the nod to start ahead of David Beckham and he drilled England ahead, before Robert Kovac was sent off for an elbow on Joe Cole.

Walcott grabbed a carbon-copy second, before the exceptional Wayne Rooney slotted in a brilliant third.

Mario Mandzukic notched a consolation for Croatia, before Walcott collected Rooney's pass and rolled in his third.

It was a magnificent performance and more than coach Fabio Capello can have dreamed for.

The result puts England firmly in control of Group Six after two wins in four days, but Capello will be even more delighted by the manner of his team's triumph.

Croatia suffered their first competitive defeat at home and it was sweet revenge for England, beating the team that ended their hopes of qualifying for Euro 2008.

It was a far cry from England's limp displays under Steve McClaren and they were far superior in every department.

In the wonderful Walcott, they had a player who frightened the life out of the hosts whenever he got the ball.

The Arsenal winger gave the ball away with his first involvement, but from then on everything he touched seemed to turn to goals as he wreaked havoc down the flank.

With Gareth Barry and Frank Lampard dominating in midfield and Rooney linking play up between the midfield and Emile Heskey, England pinned Croatia back into their own half from the start.

After Heskey had a decent shout for a penalty waved away, Walcott put England in front with his first goal for his country.

There was a stroke of fortune about it as Danijel Pranjic's clearance cannoned straight into Robert Kovac and when the ball fell to Walcott inside the box on the right, he lashed it into the bottom corner.

A minute later Walcott's cross-shot from a similar position was touched behind by keeper Stipe Pletikosa, before Josip Simunic was booked for a cynical foul as Walcott's pace terrorised Croatia once more.

Eight minutes after the break Croatia suffered a hammer blow when Robert Kovac went up for a challenge with Joe Cole and appeared to lead with his elbow, causing the Chelsea midfielder to bleed from a wound on his head.

Kovac was rightly sent off and Cole had to be stretchered off, but six minutes later England went 2-0 ahead when the sublime Rooney - enjoying a glorious return to form wearing the three lions - beautifully teed up Walcott to smash in his second.

England were rampant, and Jermaine Jenas scampered away down the left and pulled the ball back for Rooney to open up his body and direct the ball into the corner.

It was like watching England at their Euro 96 best as they passed the ball around with devastating accuracy and Lampard was cruelly denied a goal after another gorgeous team move when his goal was ruled out for a foul committed by Heskey.

Croatia were all over the place, but they managed a consolation when Darijo Srna broke and he fed Mandzukic to drive the ball under David James.

England were not done, though, and Rooney turned provider once more to slip Walcott in on goal, the former Southampton star racing through and keeping his head to slot under Pletikosa to complete his treble.

It was England's first competitive hat-trick since Michael Owen bagged three against Germany in the 5-1 win in Munich in 2001, and they can be every bit as pleased with this result in the cauldron of the Maksimir Stadium.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Croatia: Pletikosa, Simunic, Robert Kovac, Corluka, Pranjic, Rakitic, Petric (Knezevic 56), Nico Kovac (Pokrivac 62), Srna, Modric, Olic (Mandzukic 73).
Subs Not Used: Runje, Krizanac, Leko, Klasnic.

Sent Off: Robert Kovac (53).

Booked: Simunic, Srna.

Goals: Mandzukic 78.

England: James, Brown, Terry (Upson 88), Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Walcott (Beckham 84), Lampard, Barry, Joe Cole (Jenas 55), Rooney, Heskey.
Subs Not Used: Robinson, Johnson, Downing, Defoe.

Booked: Heskey.

Goals: Walcott 26, 59, Rooney 63, Walcott 82.

Att: 35,000.

Ref: Lubos Michel (Slovakia).

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #509029
09/11/08 10:32 AM
09/11/08 10:32 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Awesome stuff clap

I eat my words of doom lol

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #509065
09/11/08 02:16 PM
09/11/08 02:16 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Awesome stuff clap

I eat my words of doom lol

I think the whole of England are..

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #509246
09/12/08 04:00 PM
09/12/08 04:00 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

BREAKING NEWCASTLE GOSSIP
Former Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan was in talks in London on Friday with club owner Mike Ashley about a possible return to St James' Park. (The Sun, 2033 BST)

Indian billionaire Anil Ambani, owner of mobile phone company Reliance Communications, has pulled out of a deal to buy the club. (Newcastle Chronicle, 1540 BST)

EARLIER NEWCASTLE GOSSIP
Newcastle caretaker boss Chris Hughton has been told he could be in charge for the next four games - taking the Magpies into October without a permanent manager. (Daily Star)

Owner Mike Ashley will not get special protection if he decides to face the Toon Army at home against Hull on Saturday. (The Sun)

Real Zaragoza coach Marcelinho has ruled himself out of the running to be the new gaffer at St James' Park. (Daily Star)

Ashley will choose between Gus Poyet and Paul Ince to become Newcastle's new manager. (Daily Mirror)

TRANSFER RUMOURS
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has blasted Manchester City's new owners and told them he would not sell midfielder Cesc Fabregas, even for £135m. (The Sun)

Arsenal are being linked with Brazilian midfielder Mineiro, 33, who left Hertha Berlin this summer. (Daily Mail)

Wigan boss Steve Bruce admits he fears losing Emile Heskey for free when the England striker's contract ends next summer. (Various)

Birmingham will delay a decision on signing West Ham's Nigel Quashie on loan while they assess the midfielder's fitness. (Daily Mail)

Coventry are poised to snap up ex-Aston Villa and Reading defender Ulises de la Cruz, 34, on a short-term deal. (Various)

Leeds are set to give former Middlesbrough striker Malcolm Christie, 29, the chance to regain fitness by letting him use their training facilities. (Daily Star)

Birmingham will sign Tottenham outcast Kevin Prince-Boateng, 21, on loan. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
Steve Clarke resigned as assistant first-team coach at Chelsea on Friday, paving the way for him to become Gianfranco Zola's assistant at West Ham. (The Times)

Liverpool co-owner George Gillett will brave protests against the club's American regime by making his first Anfield visit for five months for the game against Manchester United on Saturday. (Daily Express)

New Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov says he will not rest until he has won the European Footballer of the Year award (Ballon D'Or). (The Sun)

Arsenal may leave new England sensation Theo Walcott on the bench for their game against Blackburn on Saturday. (Various)

However, they will also offer him a massive pay increase to fight off the threat of big-money bids. (Daily Express)

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate says Stewart Downing was handed a "poisoned chalice" by England coach Fabio Capello after the Italian gave the winger a start against Andorra. (Various)

Everton right-back Lars Jacobsen, yet to play for his new club, faces 12 weeks out with a shoulder injury. (Daily Mail)

Motherwell boss Mark McGhee says he will not feel fulfilled in management until he has worked in England's Premier League. (Daily Record)

AND FINALLY
Olympic triple gold medallist Usain Bolt is set to train with Spanish giants Real Madrid in a bid to improve the pace of their players. (The Sun)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has mocked Manchester City's signing of Robinho: "What is worrying is that a player signs somewhere and the next day he doesn't know where he has signed." (The Sun)

bbc.co.uk/football

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #509320
09/13/08 07:13 AM
09/13/08 07:13 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Saturday, 13 September 2008

Barclays Premier League

Blackburn v Arsenal, 15:00
Fulham v Bolton, 15:00
Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:45
Man City v Chelsea, 17:30
Newcastle v Hull, 15:00
Portsmouth v Middlesbrough, 15:00
West Brom v West Ham, 15:00
Wigan v Sunderland, 15:00

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Birmingham v Doncaster, 15:00
Blackpool v Barnsley, 15:00
Cardiff v Bristol City, 15:00
Charlton v Wolverhampton, 15:00
Coventry v Preston, 15:00
Crystal Palace v Swansea, 15:00
Derby v Sheff Utd, 17:20
Ipswich v Reading, 15:00
Nottm Forest v Burnley, 15:00
Plymouth v Norwich, 15:00
Sheff Wed v Watford, 15:00

Coca-Cola Football League One

Bristol Rovers v Walsall, 15:00
Crewe v Colchester, 15:00
Huddersfield v Tranmere, 15:00
Leicester v Millwall, 13:00
Leyton Orient v Stockport, 15:00
Northampton v Peterborough, 15:00
Oldham v Milton Keynes Dons, 15:00
Scunthorpe v Carlisle, 15:00
Southend v Hereford, 15:00
Swindon v Leeds, 15:00
Yeovil v Brighton, 15:00

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Accrington Stanley v Notts County, 15:00
Barnet v Morecambe, 15:00
Bournemouth v Macclesfield, 15:00
Bradford v Exeter, 15:00
Bury v Lincoln City, 15:00
Dag & Red v Chesterfield, 15:00
Darlington v Port Vale, 15:00
Grimsby v Chester, 15:00
Luton v Aldershot, 15:00
Rotherham v Rochdale, 15:00
Shrewsbury v Gillingham, 15:00
Wycombe v Brentford, 15:00

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #509321
09/13/08 07:33 AM
09/13/08 07:33 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

BREAKING NEWCASTLE GOSSIP
Newcastle owner Mike Ashley's bid to lure back Kevin Keegan ended in stalemate and talks look unlikely to be resurrected. (Various)

Keegan & Ashley in surprise talks

EARLIER NEWCASTLE GOSSIP
Blackburn manager Paul Ince has insisted he is "very happy" with his current job as speculation mounts he is a target to replace Keegan at Newcastle. (Various)

Tottenham's reserve team coach Clive Allen does not believe Gus Poyet will become the new manager at Newcastle because he is happy being Juande Ramos' assistant at White Hart Lane. (Press Association)

Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins is one of several stars considering their futures at the club because of the managerial uncertainty. (Sun)

Indian billionaire Anil Ambani, who was said to be interested in taking over Newcastle, is said to have now approached Everton instead. (Sun)

TRANSFER RUMOURS
Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari says Roman Abamovich over-ruled the purchase of Robinho allowing the Brazilian to sign for Manchester City instead. (Daily Mirror)

Meanwhile, Chelsea are poised to snatch Brazilian midfielder Mineiro from under Arsenal's noses to fill the void left by Michael Essien's long-term injury. (Daily Mirror)

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has accused arch-rivals Tottenham of inflating the fees they got for Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane. (Various)

Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie has told Manchester City their millions could never tempt him to move to Eastlands. (Sun)

OTHER GOSSIP

Former Tottenham boss Gerry Francis has been offered a route back into coaching by Stoke boss Tony Pulis. (Sun)

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari insists his assistant Steve Clarke is making a 'big mistake' by opting to move to West Ham under new boss Gianfranco Zola. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea have demanded almost £5m in compensation from West Ham for the services of Clarke. (Times)

Russia striker Roman Pavlyuchenko could be in trouble with new club Tottenham after he was pictured in a Moscow nightclub. (Daily Telegraph)

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan last night called on club bosses to sort out a new deal for defender Gary Caldwell. (Express)

Hibs goalkeeper Yves Ma-Kalambay has revealed that tennis great Roger Federer gave him a pep talk at the Olympics. (Various)

SFA President George Peat has admitted the association could have handled Lee McCulloch's international retirement better. (Mirror)

AND FINALLY
West Ham will remove the name of sponsors XL Holidays after the travel firm went bust. (Various

bbc.co.uk/football

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #509451
09/14/08 10:25 AM
09/14/08 10:25 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Sad,bad days at the Toon frown

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #509470
09/14/08 11:58 AM
09/14/08 11:58 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

And Man Utd smile

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #509718
09/15/08 10:02 AM
09/15/08 10:02 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Oh yeah,Man Utd are in crisis to.....definitely

Newcastle are nothing on you lot! lol

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #509763
09/15/08 01:57 PM
09/15/08 01:57 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

And we have Chelski away next sunday smile

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: DE NIRO] #509831
09/16/08 09:36 AM
09/16/08 09:36 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
You will be bankrupt by then according to the papers.....

You will have to sell all your best players for a pittance...

You will be worse than the Toon eek

grin

Re: English Football Thread (Was: Premiership Resu [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #509865
09/16/08 02:33 PM
09/16/08 02:33 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

What you mean???

Page 72 of 109 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 108 109