GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (British), 371 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,372
Posts1,059,532
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
No kidnapped Kennedy children? Odd... #416677
07/17/07 04:26 PM
07/17/07 04:26 PM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline OP
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline OP
B
Made Member
NY
...considering their enemies.

Aside from JFK and the conspiracies surrounding his death (Sam Giancana/Castro), you also had Joseph P. Kennedy (JFK's father) with a "hit" on him by Al Capone himself. Scared, Joe Kennedy went running to Sam Giancana and begged for the hit to be taken off him. Joe Kennedy said, [paraphrasing]"get my son (JFK) into the White House, and you'll have one of your own protecting you." The hit was taken off, and the mob helped JFK win the election.

Once JFK reneged on the mob, his life was in jeopardy. They may or may not have conspired to have him killed (although Vincent Bugliosi's new book, "Reclaiming History," seems to debunk it), but what about Robert F. Kennedy?

Robert F. Kennedy was a major foil to the mob, what with his Rackets Committee in the late 1950's, and his pursuit of Jimmy Hoffa, et al. Joe Kennedy kept assuring Sam Giacana that what RFK was doing was merely a "smoke-screen," something just to appease the Government. Giancana bought it, but by 1961 knew he had been had.

RFK made many powerful enemies, and the rumor goes that, by killing JFK (the head), the tail (RFK) would also die. By killing RFK, the assault by the President of the United States would be tremendous, so they knew that to get to RFK, JFK had to go.

It didn't work, and RFK became more powerful than ever, more influencial, more dangerous to the mob. Hoffa hated RFK more than anything else in the world - even after RFK's murder in 1968, Hoffa was pleased. Not in the least perturbed, as if the news of RFK's death was no more significant than a fly being swatted (RFK put Hoffa in prison, so its no wonder no remorse was felt). But Hoffa was a pretty powerful man himself, even behind bars, and I'm surprised that, before RFK's death, that he didn't order one of his 11 children to be kidnapped, perhaps killed, in order to hurt RFK.

On the same token, with all the money Joe Kennedy had while JFK was a child, that any of his nine children weren't kidnapped and held for ransom.

Last edited by Buttmunker; 07/17/07 04:26 PM.
Re: No kidnapped Kennedy children? Odd... [Re: Buttmunker] #416681
07/17/07 04:56 PM
07/17/07 04:56 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Joe Kennedy was such a prick, his enemies probably figured he wouldn't have paid.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: No kidnapped Kennedy children? Odd... [Re: Buttmunker] #416683
07/17/07 05:01 PM
07/17/07 05:01 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
From what I know and have read about Hoffa, I don't believe that he would have ever done something like that.

He was an old school kind of guy and most of those kinds of old school guys usually never involve the child of an enemy in their business. It was sort of an unwritten rule back then.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: No kidnapped Kennedy children? Odd... [Re: Don Cardi] #417026
07/18/07 03:25 PM
07/18/07 03:25 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
From what I know and have read about Hoffa, I don't believe that he would have ever done something like that.

He was an old school kind of guy and most of those kinds of old school guys usually never involve the child of an enemy in their business. It was sort of an unwritten rule back then.

Corrrect DC. That would be an infamnia. Furthermore I am not sure Hoffa was so powerful that he could arrange a hit on the Kennedys without permission from other powerful people.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull