GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, Lou_Para), 330 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,663
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: long_lost_corleone] #411009
07/05/07 04:42 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Well you just responed to a redneck's post. And BTW I was Plaw's favorite.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: long_lost_corleone] #411011
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone

It's a sad thing when lives have to be spared for something as pointless and utterly primal as war.

This sounds like a Bushism. \:\)

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: long_lost_corleone] #411012
07/05/07 04:43 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
LLC, I believe that we as Americans have the right to protest, and that part of that protest may be the right to burn the flag of our country. Like you, I also can't imagine myself burning a flag, but I do believe in somebody else's right to do so.

However, I must disagree with your concept of the flag. The flag is a SYMBOL. It is a symbol of all those rights that we are so proud of, and, if you are proud to be American (and with all its bad and good, I do believe that it's the greatest country in the world), then it's a symbol of what you are proud of.

As for some lives being worth more than others, I don't think that's what DC is trying to say (and please forgive me for speaking for you, DC, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), but the soldiers are carrying out a duty, a duty that many have resisted. And whether you agree with this government or not, they are fighting for our freedom, and they should be respected and honored. On the other hand, the terrorists are set out to destroy, not to uphold. As such, they put themselves in the path of destruction. If they are to be killed before they kill, then such is their fate for choosing the path that they have.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: SC] #411013
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
 Originally Posted By: SC
FUCK THEM AND THE CAMELS THEY RODE IN ON!

This reminds me of an excellent speech Edward Norton gives to himself in 25th Hour.

Quote:
Well, fuck you, too. Fuck me, fuck you, fuck this whole city and everyone in it. Fuck the panhandlers, grubbing for money, and smiling at me behind my back. Fuck the squeegee men dirtying up the clean windshield of my car. Get a fucking job! Fuck the Sikhs and the Pakistanis bombing down the avenues in decrepit cabs, curry steaming out their pores, stinking up my day. Terrorists in fucking training. SLOW THE FUCK DOWN! Fuck the Chelsea boys with their waxed chests and pumped up biceps. Going down on each other in my parks and on my piers, jingling their dicks on my Channel 35. Fuck the Korean grocers with their pyramids of overpriced fruit and their tulips and roses wrapped in plastic. Ten years in the country, still no speaky English? Fuck the Russians in Brighton Beach. Mobster thugs sitting in cafés, sipping tea in little glasses, sugar cubes between their teeth. Wheelin' and dealin' and schemin'. Go back where you fucking came from! Fuck the black-hatted Chassidim, strolling up and down 47th street in their dirty gabardine with their dandruff. Selling South African apartheid diamonds! Fuck the Wall Street brokers. Self-styled masters of the universe. Michael Douglas, Gordon Gekko wannabe mother fuckers, figuring out new ways to rob hard working people blind. Send those Enron assholes to jail for FUCKING LIFE! You think Bush and Cheney didn't know about that shit? Give me a fucking break! Tyco! Worldcom! Fuck the Puerto Ricans. 20 to a car, swelling up the welfare rolls, worst fuckin' parade in the city. And don't even get me started on the Dom-in-i-cans, 'cause they make the Puerto Ricans look good. Fuck the Bensonhurst Italians with their pomaded hair, their nylon warm-up suits, their St. Anthony medallions, swinging their, Jason Giambi, Louisville slugger, baseball bats, trying to audition for the Sopranos. Fuck the Upper East Side wives with their Hermes scarves and their fifty-dollar Balducci artichokes. Overfed faces getting pulled and lifted and stretched, all taut and shiny. You're not fooling anybody, sweetheart! Fuck the uptown brothers. They never pass the ball, they don't want to play defense, they take five steps on every lay-up to the hoop. And then they want to turn around and blame everything on the white man. Slavery ended one hundred and thirty seven years ago. Move the fuck on! Fuck the corrupt cops with their anus violating plungers and their 41 shots, standing behind a blue wall of silence. You betray our trust! Fuck the priests who put their hands down some innocent child's pants. Fuck the church that protects them, delivering us into evil. And while you're at it, fuck JC! He got off easy! A day on the cross, a weekend in hell, and all the hallelujahs of the legioned angels for eternity! Try seven years in fuckin' Otisville, J! Fuck Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and backward-ass, cave-dwelling, fundamentalist assholes everywhere. On the names of innocent thousands murdered, I pray you spend the rest of eternity with your seventy-two whores roasting in a jet-fuel fire in hell. You towel headed camel jockeys can kiss my royal Irish ass! Fuck Jacob Elinsky, whining malcontent. Fuck Francis Xavier Slaughtery my best friend, judging me while he stares at my girlfriend's ass. Fuck Naturelle Riviera, I gave her my trust and she stabbed me in the back, sold me up the river, fucking bitch. Fuck my father with his endless grief, standing behind that bar sipping on club sodas, selling whisky to firemen, cheering the Bronx bombers. Fuck this whole city and everyone in it. From the row-houses of Astoria to the penthouses on Park Avenue, from the projects in the Bronx to the lofts in Soho. From the tenements in Alphabet City to the brownstones in Park slope to the split-levels in Staten Island. Let an earthquake crumble it, let the fires rage, let it burn to fucking ash and then let the waters rise and submerge this whole rat-infested place.

No. No, fuck you, Montgomery Brogan. You had it all, and you threw it away, you dumb fuck!

\:\)

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: long_lost_corleone] #411014
07/05/07 04:45 PM
07/05/07 04:45 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It reminds me of the kid from A CHRISTMAS STORY - "Ah, fuuuudge."

Except he didn't say fudge.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: pizzaboy] #411022
07/05/07 05:05 PM
07/05/07 05:05 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
PB- Do you own a leg lamp?

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Mignon] #411026
07/05/07 05:11 PM
07/05/07 05:11 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Mignon

Now seriously, the "Americana" portrayed in A CHRISTMAS STORY is something I envy, that I almost feel I missed out on, being a second generation city boy.

That's America to me.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Don Cardi] #411032
07/05/07 05:29 PM
07/05/07 05:29 PM
New Jersey
Obsessed With The GodFather Offline
Capo
Obsessed With The GodFather  Offline
Capo
New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
[quote=long_lost_corleone]Fine, I'll pervert the topic by humoring you.

Quote:
dig·ni·ty 1. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.[/b]

Now, this would be one definition of the world. Probably the most clerical definition of the word, and certainly the one I was implying.

Would you say you're worthy of esteem or respect in gaining some sort of emotional benefit in ending another human life? Are you worth respect if you honestly find joy in killing a human being? Not in the least.

We could continue this, but it's sort of pointless to manipulate your opponents words when you've been out-witted.

If you feel that you've outwitted me, and it makes you feel better, then good for you. ;\) I'm not in this to see who can outwit who, etc. Just really in this to have a good, respectful and non-personal debate is all.

As for perverting the topic by humoring me, you humor me everytime you make a post on these boards. \:p ;\)

...and I mean that in a complimentary way.

Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash Fan!
Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: pizzaboy] #411052
07/05/07 06:35 PM
07/05/07 06:35 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Now seriously, the "Americana" portrayed in A CHRISTMAS STORY is something I envy, that I almost feel I missed out on, being a second generation city boy.

That's America to me.

It's imported from Italy. It says Fra-Gile on the box!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Don Cardi] #411074
07/05/07 06:46 PM
07/05/07 06:46 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: SC] #411182
07/06/07 11:01 AM
07/06/07 11:01 AM
NY
NYC Goodfella Offline
Button
NYC Goodfella  Offline
Button
NY
 Originally Posted By: SC

Thats some scary shit. Doctors, people who are supposed to be SAVING lives, are dedicated to TAKING lives.

it shouldn't surprise any of us. they have a history of establishing themselves as pros in their communities and getting good educations. some of the 9/11 hijackers were engineers.

A CowArd Dies a 1000 deaths, a Soldier dies but Once
Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: NYC Goodfella] #411192
07/06/07 11:41 AM
07/06/07 11:41 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
NYC, Yes, I would imagine that would be part of their cover, to establish themselves in good jobs, since we do have a bias towards the educated, not thinking of them as "criminal types". Therefore, they could probably go about their business, plotting their nefarious plans, and doing so under the radar.

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Sicilian Babe] #411196
07/06/07 11:51 AM
07/06/07 11:51 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
You're both correct. A few years back they released parts of the Al Qaeda training manuals for the public to see and I distinctly remember it stating that a Jihadist should establish himself as a pillar in the community, as a professional, a businessman, so as not to stick out but instead be respected by those who live around you. These people are like moles. Patient ones too. How many of them, did we later find out, had embedded themselves in their communities for 15 - 20 years before carrying out or attempting to carry out some sort of attack? And the response from others is the community is always shock and disbelief :

"No, not him. He was a good man who worked hard and had a business for so many years here."

It's the MO.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Don Cardi] #411197
07/06/07 11:55 AM
07/06/07 11:55 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
That's like those interviews they do with the neighbors of serial killers: "But he was such a quiet man. I couldn't believe it when I heard the news."

It's amazing how we really never know what goes on behind the closed doors of a house. I mean, if you lived in a small, suburban community, and your neighbor is a doctor from another country....wait a minute, that is my life!!!

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Sicilian Babe] #411199
07/06/07 12:06 PM
07/06/07 12:06 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Yes you never know. I remember upon returning to work on Sept.17th 2001. You already know the situation of my building being the only civilians back in the area.

Well anyway one of the policeman I got to know who was stationed outside of our building shared a story with some of us about a student in a Brooklyn High School who made a statement to his class a week before the attacks. He told me "you'll be reading about it in a few months."

Well here is THAT STORY and SOME OTHERS

You just never know.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Don Cardi] #411216
07/06/07 12:28 PM
07/06/07 12:28 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Amazing. Well, you know the story of our flight home from Rome. Although my husband reported it, and we were never contacted by anyone in law enforcement, I can't shake the knowledge that it was one of the bombers taking a practice run. I don't care what anyone tells me, you could never forget those eyes.

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Sicilian Babe] #411304
07/06/07 02:07 PM
07/06/07 02:07 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Sleeper agents, I think they're called. They used to be termed "sleepers" in the Cold War, anyway. Somebody would infiltrate a certain ring (say, back then, a KGB agent working in the CIA), and actually live as part of that ring, actually become it, until one day they'd be notified of what they had rehearsed years and years before.

It takes a lot of determination and patience to be one, I imagine. I know I could never be one.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #411330
07/06/07 02:35 PM
07/06/07 02:35 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

It takes a lot of determination and patience to be one, I imagine. I know I could never be one.

I agree Mick. It really does. And these people are very patient and determined. Heck they tried blowing up the WTC in 1994 and failed. Ramsey Yusef, one of the plotters was caught. And when the FBI agent told him that he failed, Yusef turned to him and said "Next time they will come down."

8 years later they did. They were patient. That is why it is my feeling that we should never let our guard down. This raising the alert levels and lowering them and raisng them again is ridiculous. We should ALWAYS be on alert, period.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Don Cardi] #411339
07/06/07 02:47 PM
07/06/07 02:47 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Don Cardi] #411340
07/06/07 02:49 PM
07/06/07 02:49 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

We should ALWAYS be on alert, period.

True. It's very sad that circumstances have made us live like this but it's a very sobering reality. We can't ever let our guard down.

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: pizzaboy] #411344
07/06/07 02:57 PM
07/06/07 02:57 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
It is sad.

To chip in on last night's argument, which I missed, I also think it's a very sad state of affairs when anybody has to rejoice the death of any human being. I'm not saying at all that we shouldn't be killing these people, but because we are, it makes me no less sad or angry. Whether that's because I value a terrorist I don't know as little or as much as I value a civilian I don't know, or because I think that killing two terrorists isn't stopping our problem, I don't know.

Quote:
We should ALWAYS be on alert, period.
I agree, but I think "ALWAYS" should define a spatial (racial?) scope as much as it does a temporal one. Which is why racial profiling may be an immediate and perhaps necessary response, but on ethical and practical terms, hardly a long-term prospect. You said yourself that it wouldn't necessarily stop terrorists in the long term.

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 07/06/07 02:59 PM.

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #411345
07/06/07 03:01 PM
07/06/07 03:01 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
When I made that post that you've just quoted, the thought of race or racial profiling never even crossed my mind. I was speaking in general terms.

Who knows, the next phase of terrorists could be Italians from Italy, or Asians from China for all we know.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Don Cardi] #411346
07/06/07 03:10 PM
07/06/07 03:10 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
When I made that post that you've just quoted, the thought of race or racial profiling never even crossed my mind.

No, I didn't expect that it had. But would you agree that "always" should extend beyond concerns of time and also include the immediate scope of the possible problem?

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #411349
07/06/07 03:20 PM
07/06/07 03:20 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I would.

As I said we never know where the next phase of terrorists will come from. Right now, in the present, Islamic Jihad has been decalared on us, the major attacks have been carried out by Islamic Middle Eastern Extremists, so it's only common sense to pay close attention to those of that race and religion.

Wouldn't you agree with that?

However that does NOT mean that we should TOTALLY focus on those from that race or religion. We should never rule out that terrorism from other races or religions can strike us at any time.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Don Cardi] #411351
07/06/07 03:23 PM
07/06/07 03:23 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I work in a Hospital and at least half of the Doctors are of Middle Eastern or Asian persuasion....
Who can you trust?
I'm watching them all

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Don Cardi] #411366
07/06/07 04:05 PM
07/06/07 04:05 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Who knows, the next phase of terrorists could be Italians from Italy, or Asians from China for all we know.

For all we know Osama could be in the US. right now plotting with his terrorists buddies living here.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE THESE DAYS.

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Mignon] #411370
07/06/07 04:15 PM
07/06/07 04:15 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK

For all we know Osama could be in the US. right now plotting with his terrorists buddies living here.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE THESE DAYS.

Very true Mig!
Sad and strange times we are living in eh?

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #411380
07/06/07 04:38 PM
07/06/07 04:38 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
I saw Osama yesterday in the supermarket. He was buying tampons.

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #411381
07/06/07 04:41 PM
07/06/07 04:41 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I saw Osama yesterday in the supermarket. He was buying tampons.

He was'nt in Kwik Save on the High Street was he?

Re: Attack On Glasgow Airport [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #411384
07/06/07 04:44 PM
07/06/07 04:44 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Home Bargains at the bottom of Jackson Street. \:\)

I should have enquired if he and his fellow radicals had plans of demolishing Gateshead High Street...

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 07/06/07 04:44 PM.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull