GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 142 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,771
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,322
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,413
Posts1,060,467
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
London Car Bomb #408102
06/29/07 10:23 AM
06/29/07 10:23 AM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Figured this would have been posted already, but meh. British authorities have successfully disarmed a car bomb to be used in a terrorist attack in London.

Quote:
Source: Associated Press

Explosives-Packed Car Defused in London

By DAVID STRINGER
06.29.07, 9:20 AM ET

Police thwarted an apparent terror attack Friday near the famed Piccadilly Circus in the heart of London, defusing a bomb made of a lethal mix of gasoline, propane gas, and nails after an ambulance crew spotted smoke coming from a silver Mercedes outside a nightclub.

The bomb in the city's theater district was powerful enough to have caused "significant injury or loss of life" - possibly killing hundreds, British anti-terror police chief Peter Clarke said.

Britain's new home secretary, Jacqui Smith called an emergency meeting of top officials, calling the attempted attack "international terrorism."

"We are currently facing the most serious and sustained threat to our security from international terrorism," she said afterward. "This reinforces the need for the public to remain vigilant to the threat we face at all times."

Police planned to examine footage from closed-circuit TV cameras in the area, Clarke said, hoping the surveillance network that covers much of central London will help them track down the driver of the rigged Mercedes.

Officers were called to The Haymarket, just south of Piccadilly Circus, after an ambulance crew - responding to a call just before 1:30 a.m. about an injury at a nearby nightclub - noticed smoke coming from a car parked in front of the club, Clarke said.

A bomb squad manually disabled the bomb.

Early photographs of the silver Mercedes showed a canister bearing the words "patio gas," indicating it was propane gas, next to the car. The back door was open with blankets spilling out. The car was removed from the scene midmorning.

The busy Haymarket thoroughfare linking Piccadilly Circus to the Pall Mall is packed with restaurants, bars, a cinema complex and West End theaters, and was buzzing at that hour.

It was ladies' night Thursday, nicknamed "Sugar 'N Spice," at the massive Tiger Tiger nightclub, a three-story venue that at full capacity can pack in 1,770 people and stays open until 3 a.m.

The Haymarket venue is Tiger Tiger's flagship club; owner Novus Leisure also has clubs in other cities across Britain.

Police said they did not have any suspects, and urged people who were out in the area to call Britain's anti-terror hot line with any information.

Authorities closed the Piccadilly Circus subway station for eight hours and cordoned off a 10-block area around the scene.

Clarke said police would examine footage from the so-called "ring of steel" - a network of video cameras equipped with license plate recognition software.

The cameras were put in place following a series of IRA bombing attacks in London in the 1990s - and to enforce London's congestion charge, a toll levied on cars entering central London during certain times of the day.

The British security official said there were similarities between the device and vehicle bombs used by insurgents in Iraq.

The official also said the domestic spy agency MI5 would examine possible connections between Friday's bomb attempt and at least two similar foiled plots - to attack a London nightclub in 2004 and to pack limousines with gas canisters and shrapnel.

In the 2004 plot, accused members of an al-Qaida-linked terror cell were convicted of plotting to blow up the Ministry of Sound nightclub. A recording made by MI5 captured the plotters discussing an attack on the nightclub, one of London's biggest and most famous venues.

One man is heard saying the plan was to "Blow the whole thing up."

The discovery of the bomb resurrected fears that followed the July 7, 2005, suicide bombings that killed 52 people on three London subways and a bus and failed attacks on the transit system just two weeks later. Those attacks deepened divisions between Muslims and non-Muslims in Britain and provoked an angry debate over religious tolerance and ethnic assimilation.

Three of the suicide bombers were British-born men of Pakistani descent, and all four were Muslim. The fact that seemingly unremarkable British youths could become suicide bombers caused soul-searching across the country, and raised fears of a threat from homegrown terrorists.

Gordon Brown, who only Wednesday succeeded Tony Blair as prime minister, called it a stark reminder that Britain faces a serious and continuous threat of terrorist attacks. He urged people to be on alert.

"I will stress to the Cabinet that the vigilance must be maintained over the next few days," he said.

The terror threat level has remained at "severe" - meaning a terrorist attack is highly likely - since last August.

One analyst said the bombers could be trying to send Britain's new leader a message.

"It's a way of testing Gordon Brown," said Bob Ayers, a security expert at the Chatham House think tank. "It's not too far-fetched to assume it was designed to expedite the decision on withdrawal (from Iraq)."

On Friday morning, President Bush was briefed by National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley about the apparent terror attack. Bush is at his family's home in Kennebunkport, Maine, where he will meet Sunday and Monday with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The White House had no immediate comment on the incident.

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Double-J] #408104
06/29/07 10:31 AM
06/29/07 10:31 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I saw this on the news this morning. Thank goodness they found it and disarmed it before it could cause harm!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Double-J] #408105
06/29/07 10:32 AM
06/29/07 10:32 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Ahhh, DJ, what's the matter with you? You know as well as I do that it's just a setup by the government to make it look like they thwarted another terrorist attack.

Did I say terrorist? Sorry, I meant to say freedom fighter.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Don Cardi] #408106
06/29/07 10:37 AM
06/29/07 10:37 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Ahhh, DJ, what's the matter with you? You know as well as I do that it's just a setup by the government to make it look like they thwarted another terrorist attack.

Yeah, and Tony Blair didn't want the media to spend today talking of how fucked up in his last few years.

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #408117
06/29/07 10:53 AM
06/29/07 10:53 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Quote:
....defusing a bomb made of a lethal mix of gasoline, propane gas, and nails after an ambulance crew spotted smoke coming from a silver Mercedes outside a nightclub.

Nails.

Sick fucking devious people.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #408121
06/29/07 10:57 AM
06/29/07 10:57 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Proves you fight terrorists by good police work good intelligence, and a little luck....and not by invading countries for no good reason.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Don Cardi] #408122
06/29/07 11:02 AM
06/29/07 11:02 AM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

There is no terrorist threat. It's all a bunch of hysteria created by the government controlled media.

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: dontomasso] #408123
06/29/07 11:06 AM
06/29/07 11:06 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Proves you fight terrorists by good police work good intelligence, and a little luck....and not by invading countries for no good reason.

THAT'S IT! To hell with Obama! To hell with Billary! To hell with Rudy! To hell with McCain!

I nominate dontomasso for President!

Don Cardi cool

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Double-J] #408126
06/29/07 11:17 AM
06/29/07 11:17 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Double-J

There is no terrorist threat. It's all a bunch of hysteria created by the government controlled media.

Is this going to be your new Avatar JJ?

;\)

Don Cardi cool

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Don Cardi] #408127
06/29/07 11:19 AM
06/29/07 11:19 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Don Cardi] #408135
06/29/07 11:44 AM
06/29/07 11:44 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
 Originally Posted By: Double-J

Is this going to be your new Avatar JJ?

;\)

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Don Cardi] #408141
06/29/07 12:00 PM
06/29/07 12:00 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

THAT'S IT! To hell with Obama! To hell with Billary! To hell with Rudy! To hell with McCain!

I nominate dontomasso for President!

DC, I got so many skeletons in my closet, I had hire California Closets to organize them. I'm staying put!

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #408163
06/29/07 12:30 PM
06/29/07 12:30 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Yeah, and Tony Blair didn't want the media to spend today talking of how fucked up in his last few years.

Tony Blair is not PM anymore,like he gives a shit now..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: London Car Bomb [Re: DE NIRO] #408170
06/29/07 12:33 PM
06/29/07 12:33 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Tony Blair is so far up Bush's ass he's checking his prostate.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: London Car Bomb [Re: whisper] #408173
06/29/07 12:35 PM
06/29/07 12:35 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

So's John Howard.LOL

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: London Car Bomb [Re: DE NIRO] #408188
06/29/07 12:44 PM
06/29/07 12:44 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
 Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
So's John Howard.LOL

Yeah i know..fuckin threesome styles mate

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Don Cardi] #408221
06/29/07 01:06 PM
06/29/07 01:06 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
 Quote:
....defusing a bomb made of a lethal mix of gasoline, propane gas, and nails after an ambulance crew spotted smoke coming from a silver Mercedes outside a nightclub.

Nails.

Hmm... I would've assumed the nails would melt under such high temperatures. But, maybe not.

I think I would've just thrown a live porcupine into a public pool.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: London Car Bomb [Re: long_lost_corleone] #408227
06/29/07 01:16 PM
06/29/07 01:16 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
 Quote:

Nails.

Hmm... I would've assumed the nails would melt under such high temperatures. But, maybe not.

I think I would've just thrown a live porcupine into a public pool.

Nail bombs go way back. It's very horrific - thousands of nails flying at deadly speed from the blast. Thank God this was avoided. I hope the surveillance cameras cath those responsible.

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: DE NIRO] #408302
06/29/07 02:17 PM
06/29/07 02:17 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

I hate to admit it but I didn't know that.... I was in my doctor's waiting room watching the CNN coverage of the car bomb when I learned that Blair was out as of Wednesday. I REALLY hafta pay more attention to the news.

Now I'm seeing that a second car bomb was found (and that it is linked to the first car) .... scary stuff!

NYC is on heightened alert now (although they have no specific threat).

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: SC] #408311
06/29/07 02:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: SC

I hate to admit it but I didn't know that.... I was in my doctor's waiting room watching the CNN coverage of the car bomb when I learned that Blair was out as of Wednesday. I REALLY hafta pay more attention to the news.

Now I'm seeing that a second car bomb was found (and that it is linked to the first car) .... scary stuff!

It's all a ploy by republicans to scare people into voting for their party come November.

Don Cardi cool

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: DE NIRO] #408312
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss

He was Prime Minister of one of the world's most powerful nations, and you don't think he cares about the legacy he'll be leaving behind?

On the bright side, at least that ugly bastard is out of power. Now it's time to see what damage the next guy can leave behind for the next generation to pick up after.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Don Cardi] #408328
06/29/07 02:37 PM
06/29/07 02:37 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

It's all a ploy by republicans to scare people into voting for their party come November.

I'm glad to hear you finally admit it, but, hell, they can't even keep the mayor in their party.

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: SC] #408331
06/29/07 02:47 PM
06/29/07 02:47 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Actually, I think that it's kind of sad that when something like this happens, the partisan finger-pointing begins.

Can't we just all be grateful that a tragedy was averted?

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Sicilian Babe] #408332
06/29/07 02:49 PM
06/29/07 02:49 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Actually, I think that it's kind of sad that when something like this happens, the partisan finger-pointing begins.

Then the conservatives would have nothing to brag about and the liberals nothing to whine about.

But you are right, Miss Babe.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Sicilian Babe] #408335
06/29/07 02:53 PM
06/29/07 02:53 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Who is finger pointing? I just agreed with DC.

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: DE NIRO] #408348
06/29/07 03:01 PM
06/29/07 03:01 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

He did'nt give too much of a shit before really....... \:\/

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: London Car Bomb [Re: SC] #408421
06/29/07 03:56 PM
06/29/07 03:56 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I'm glad to hear you finally admit it, but, hell, they can't even keep the mayor in their party.

Originally Posted By: SicilianBabe

SB! SB! Look :

;\) ;\) ;\) ;\) ;\)

I was being a wiseass

Don Cardi cool

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: SC] #408423
06/29/07 04:07 PM
06/29/07 04:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Second Car Bomb Found in London
Jun 29, 2007 2:51 PM
By: Adrienne Phillips

London officials say a second bomb has been found in another car in the heart of the city. Police say the materials found inside that car are very similar to the materials found inside the first car that was discovered. Officials say the smell of gasoline led to the discovery of the second device.
ABC News is reporting that London Police have someone in custody is connection to the first attempted car bombing in London.

According to ABCNews.com, British police have a "crystal clear" picture of the man who was seen driving the rigged Mercedes outside a nightclub near Picadilly Circus. Officials told ABC News the man bears a close resemblance to a man arrested by police in connection with another car bomb plot.

Officials say the silver Mercedes was packed with fuel and nails. An ambulance crew who was area in the area noticed the car smoking and alerted police.

Officials are speculating that this plot was just one of several. It comes just days before the second anniversary of the July 7th 2005 bombing of London's transportation system.

Don Cardi cool

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Don Cardi] #408424
06/29/07 04:08 PM
06/29/07 04:08 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
You and SC?? Being wiseasses?? Impossible! \:p

Re: London Car Bomb [Re: Sicilian Babe] #408425
06/29/07 04:10 PM
06/29/07 04:10 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

You and SC?? Being wiseasses?? Impossible! \:p

*clears his throat* Difficult...not impossible ;\)

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull