GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (RushStreet, Malavita, 1 invisible), 313 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,970
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,351
Posts1,059,066
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition #405481
06/22/07 02:07 PM
06/22/07 02:07 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline OP
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline OP
Underboss
For those unaware, Irish and I were discussing the new cover artwork for the Taxi Driver Special Edition DVD, over in the DVD Discussion thread. The cover looks like this:

Now, he and I both agree, the cover art isn't nearly as dazzling as expected. Firstly, there are no action shots, nudity, explosions, holograms, or otherwise. This must change. To take action, we've decided to contact Sony with a petition. I will be forwarding the following e-mail to Sony, along with a petition.

Quote:
To Sony & whomever it may concern,

Firstly, I am a huge fan of the film, "Taxi Driver". I would like to take this moment to thank you for allowing the public to enjoy the new, superior transfer of "Taxi Driver" and the included features.

Now to business. Myself, and several others, are gravely discontent with the new cover artwork included with the upcoming Special Edition release of the film. It's rather bland and unexciting. I mean, when I hear the words "Taxi Driver Special Edition DVD," that pretty much implies a moving, holographic Travis Bickle swooping down from the sky in his flying Taxi cab, grabbing a live chicken by the neck, and then beating a pimp over the head with it. Alright, so, expectations can't always be filled to their fullest, but I was at least hoping for some flames, some guns, some blood, or some full-frontal nudity from Jody Foster. What gives?

Further more, Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifa aren't even on the cover, let alone credited! I don't mean to tell you hard-working individuals how to do your job, but something must be changed. How do you expect to sell the product without even mentioning the two biggest stars of the film, not to mention some of the finest talent Hollywood has seen since William Shatner?

I've included with this letter a link to an online petition I've created; I certainly am not the only one who demands justice be done to the excellent film and DVD release. I just feel that this release, being something the fans have been waiting a life-time for, should be all it should be... A complete fan pleaser. We will not settle for second rate. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Kevin E. Cardinale

Help me serve DVD justice! Sign the petition, HERE!

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: long_lost_corleone] #405482
06/22/07 02:09 PM
06/22/07 02:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That is a PATHETIC cover.

I signed, Junior.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: pizzaboy] #405498
06/22/07 02:32 PM
06/22/07 02:32 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Haha, I think I am in the minority here, but I absolutely love the menacing look of DeNiro as shown in the cover. I am not too sure if I like the color scheme, it could be improved. But the content is fine, IMHO.

LLC, did you send the publishers an email already?

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: svsg] #405499
06/22/07 02:35 PM
06/22/07 02:35 PM
Underboss
Underboss
I'm going to wait until we have a few signatures.

I'd like to see how they respond to this, though.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: svsg] #405501
06/22/07 02:37 PM
06/22/07 02:37 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
"We demand explosions, we demand holographs, we demand guns, we demand tits! Big great, glorious tits!" Man, where do you get this stuff from? For the world's sake, I hope you become a screen writer when you're finished with school. I signed BTW. Please keep us posted with any updates!

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: Irishman12] #405504
06/22/07 02:39 PM
06/22/07 02:39 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I think he's a wise and considerate young man.

And I'm a great man.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: pizzaboy] #405506
06/22/07 02:42 PM
06/22/07 02:42 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I think your wasting your time,i can't see them changing it cause a few people on here don't like it.I'll sign it anyway just to help out...

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: DE NIRO] #405507
06/22/07 02:45 PM
06/22/07 02:45 PM
Underboss
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
I think your wasting your time,i can't see them changing it cause a few people on here don't like it.I'll sign it anyway just to help out...

Don't worry, if worse comes to worse, I've purchased 120 industrial envelopes, a tub of anthrax, and arranged the mass-suicide bombing.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: long_lost_corleone] #405508
06/22/07 02:47 PM
06/22/07 02:47 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I think they will listen then...

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: DE NIRO] #405509
06/22/07 02:48 PM
06/22/07 02:48 PM
Underboss
Underboss
I'm a very influential personality.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: long_lost_corleone] #405510
06/22/07 02:50 PM
06/22/07 02:50 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Keep telling yourself that...

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: DE NIRO] #405532
06/22/07 05:50 PM
06/22/07 05:50 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
I signed. Did you misspell "Taxi Drive..." on purpose?

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: Blibbleblabble] #405537
06/22/07 06:25 PM
06/22/07 06:25 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Do I look like a man who makes mistakes?

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: long_lost_corleone] #405538
06/22/07 06:27 PM
06/22/07 06:27 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Is that a trick question?

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: long_lost_corleone] #405558
06/22/07 07:53 PM
06/22/07 07:53 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
I've purchased 120 industrial envelopes, a tub of anthrax, and arranged the mass-suicide bombing.

Is that really a statement that you want Google to index in this day and age? \:p

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: J Geoff] #405559
06/22/07 08:01 PM
06/22/07 08:01 PM
Underboss
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff
I've purchased 120 industrial envelopes, a tub of anthrax, and arranged the mass-suicide bombing.

Is that really a statement that you want Google to index in this day and age? \:p

JUSTICE SHALL BE SERVED!

I'm not resting until we get at least a cover slip with a shirtless De Niro floating in space with the severed head of a wild boar fashioned into a puppet in one hand, and a clad-iron glove fit on the other.

And it's going to be 3D.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: long_lost_corleone] #405601
06/22/07 11:50 PM
06/22/07 11:50 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro

JUSTICE SHALL BE SERVED!

I'm not resting until we get at least a cover slip with a shirtless De Niro floating in space with the severed head of a wild boar fashioned into a puppet in one hand, and a clad-iron glove fit on the other.

And it's going to be 3D.

LLC, either be a screen writer or work for a DVD company so when I see the most bizarre DVD coverart, I know you had a hand in it

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: Irishman12] #405603
06/22/07 11:54 PM
06/22/07 11:54 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Done and done!

I've got so many useless movie ideas floating around in my head that I just haven't got the money or resources to make currently... I don't know if you've caught a conversation in the other nights shout box with Blibble and I, but it was quite excellent.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: long_lost_corleone] #405610
06/23/07 12:19 AM
06/23/07 12:19 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
No I didn't. Please, something from your mind would be a relief with all the sh*t Hollywood makes nowadays. I mean, THE GRUDGE 2, DUMB & DUMBERER, GIGLI (need I go on)?

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: Irishman12] #405620
06/23/07 12:38 AM
06/23/07 12:38 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
I signed it.

Now they HAVE to change the art.

I think you should design your own cover art and send it in. You know it'd be amazing.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: bogey] #405676
06/23/07 10:51 AM
06/23/07 10:51 AM
Kentucky
Mr.MojoRisin Offline
Capo
Mr.MojoRisin  Offline
Capo
Kentucky
I signed, what the heck.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: Mr.MojoRisin] #406117
06/24/07 07:52 PM
06/24/07 07:52 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Excellent, that makes eight signatures. I don't know how they can look at numbers like that and not gives us what we want.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: long_lost_corleone] #410431
07/04/07 04:21 AM
07/04/07 04:21 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Whatever happened to your forwarded email? Any response? Did your email even get forwarded?

I recently needed some more string for the green beans in my garden. I was at Walmart and I suddenly remembered this thread and thought I should write a letter to Walmart complaining about "...the lack of string variety in your stores. With Walmart being a store that has everything, I expect there to be an entire aisle of nothing but string!"

I'm still deciding whether or not to send a letter.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: Blibbleblabble] #410501
07/04/07 01:18 PM
07/04/07 01:18 PM
Underboss
Underboss
I would send it.

As for this thread, those sons of bitches at Sony are ignoring me. I'll wait a few more days, and if I'm not answering, I'm going to send them hysterical (in the literal meaning of the word) and threatening e-mails.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: J Geoff] #410840
07/05/07 12:35 PM
07/05/07 12:35 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands

As I scanned down through the responses, my thoughts exactly. Knock, knock...this is your FBI calling......

LLC you are certainly entitled to artistic opinion, but the cover art you describe doesn't fit with the dark, psychodrama of Taxi Driver. I would have preferred the "you talkin' to me" posture myself. This film doesn't need flash and fluff. \:\/

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: MaryCas] #410854
07/05/07 01:31 PM
07/05/07 01:31 PM
Underboss
Underboss
No, I think the film would benefit having a pack of dancing gnomes on the front.

A lot.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: long_lost_corleone] #410867
07/05/07 01:44 PM
07/05/07 01:44 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
[bangs head against wall]

LLC, I love you, your avatar, your signature, your body, your cock, your cum, your feet, your bum, your fanny, your teeth, nose, eyes, pits, tits, nipples, zipples, cripples, blacks, yellows, spicks, pricks, crickets, golfs, baseballs, basketballs, bowling balls, footballs, rugby balls, pool balls, snooker balls, men's balls.

[/bangs head against wall]

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #410873
07/05/07 01:53 PM
07/05/07 01:53 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Give me a baby. Now.

Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: long_lost_corleone] #410877
07/05/07 01:57 PM
07/05/07 01:57 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
You want one of those sodomized ones I sent you off-boards once?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: The "Change the Taxi Driver Cover Art!" Petition [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #410880
07/05/07 02:04 PM
07/05/07 02:04 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Yeah, just don't shove it into a manila envelope this time... It was all soaked in blood and falling apart by the time it got here. Be a man and use a box this time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull