GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, Captbony1999), 369 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,594
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,068
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,367
Posts1,059,469
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: pizzaboy] #400970
06/12/07 10:02 AM
06/12/07 10:02 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Someone above demurred about life goes on. But it does. We move through life from event to event. What was supposed to happen to Tony and his family? Well, keep in mind that this was a fictional story based on life. Life is full of variables. Not all those variables are dramatic and conclusive.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: olivant] #400991
06/12/07 10:54 AM
06/12/07 10:54 AM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
On one hand, I get what Chase was trying to do: not spell everything out, leave it open to the audience's interpretation, doing it his way, not being confined by boundaries.

On the other hand, a LITTLE closure would've been nice.

Hey, I'm not a watcher who needs everything tied up in a nice little bow. Where did Furio go? I don't mind not knowing. What happened to the Russian in the Pine Barrens? It's fine to leave that a mystery. In real life, you seldom get total closure and have resolutions to everything. In real life, you have loose ends. In that regard, I totally get what Chase was doing.

HOWEVER, this show is ultimately about one guy: Tony Soprano. He is the focal point. Without him, there is no show. He is the main character, the one all the other characters revolve around. At the very least, just a little closure about the MAIN CHARACTER would have been nice.

But since it is open to interpretation, here is mine: I think Tony got killed right at the end, probably by the guy who was eyeing him in a funny way from across the restaurant and stepped into the bathroom. Recall the first episode on this season, where Tony and Bobby were talking about getting shot to death: "You probably don't even hear or see a thing when it happens."
I think the blank screen before the silent roll of the credits was Tony's death.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: novice] #401007
06/12/07 11:40 AM
06/12/07 11:40 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
 Originally Posted By: novice

Thanks for that!!!!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: ChrisY2J] #401014
06/12/07 12:10 PM
06/12/07 12:10 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: ChrisY2J
On one hand, I get what Chase was trying to do: not spell everything out, leave it open to the audience's interpretation, doing it his way, not being confined by boundaries.

And yet Chase is being crucified for that. \:\/

Chris -

Your commentary on the show was sorely missed this past year. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #401022
06/12/07 12:24 PM
06/12/07 12:24 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Btw, I've read the talk on blogs and here, about Tony/Bobby on the boat and how Tony says in the end "everything goes black." Yea right! How many times in the years have we speculated, "maybe this line meant something" or did you catch that line, or that look, or whatever, only to find 99.9 percent of the time it meant nothing. So we are to conclude that these little things all of a sudden meant something? I don't think so.

I don't think I'm too stupid, but to now have to analyize everything Tony and crew said or did to now mean something, without any kind of a clue, is stretching it. I don't share the opinion, nor can I see for a fact what many are saying and what and FS posted the blogger saying "Tony is dead." It certainly wasn't clear to me.

They showed it again last week as a reminder and a clue to us for the end.

I think we saw the death of Tony Soprano the only way that it could have been shown.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Longneck] #401040
06/12/07 12:37 PM
06/12/07 12:37 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Longneck

I think we saw the death of Tony Soprano the only way that it could have been shown.

I think that we saw the LIFE of Tony Soprano the only way that it could have been shown.

;\)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401050
06/12/07 01:09 PM
06/12/07 01:09 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

I think that we saw the LIFE of Tony Soprano the only way that it could have been shown.

;\)

Ah what a life it was...

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: SC] #401056
06/12/07 01:33 PM
06/12/07 01:33 PM
once again, Buffalo, NY!
ChrisY2J Offline
Underboss
ChrisY2J  Offline
Underboss
once again, Buffalo, NY!
 Originally Posted By: SC

And yet Chase is being crucified for that. \:\/

Chris -

Your commentary on the show was sorely missed this past year. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Hi, SC. The wife and daughter are doing incredibly well! Thank you for asking.
In addition to a busy family life, work (two jobs with a total of 70 hours a week) has been horrendous, leaving me precious little time for any leisure activity, such as having fun on this board! I am in search of a better job as we type, so hopefully I'll have a single 40 hour a week job and a semblance of normalcy.

As for "The Sopranos", I do applaud Chase's guts for ending the show like he did. I also understand his motivation to do things his way. I understand his not having the need to wrap up every loose end and tie everything up in a neat little package for everyone's consumption.

My examples of Furio and the Russian are what I mean. So many people keep on complaining about the loose ends throughout the tenure of the show, but that's life! Life is full of loose ends.

Leaving the fates of the other characters in a shroud of mystery is absolutely cool. I just think Chase went a LITTLE too far in leaving the fate of THE MAIN CHARACTER completely unknown.

I think a click and a bang out of nowhere and a total blank screen for a few seconds while seeing things from Tony's perspective would have perfectly conveyed the fact that Tony is dead, while still leaving the WHO? WHAT? WHY? HOW? open to interpretation. I think that would have been a better way to end the series. It would have given us SOME closure while still leaving things unresolved, mysterious, and controversial.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Longneck] #401061
06/12/07 01:35 PM
06/12/07 01:35 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Based on Chase's many references to GF during the series, one might make an argument that Tony got whacked in Holsten's.

(Who can ever forget the undertaker's words to Tony after Livia's death?)

Two things that stand out in my mind are the man going to the bathroom (we never see him come out, do we?) and Tony's line about the onion rings being "the best in the state" - both bits certainly echo the Michael/Sollozzo sitdown.

But the ambiguous ending will always annoy me, particularly because I felt the rest of the episode was very well-written and things were moving along at a nice clip. To hear Chase say (regarding the end scene) that "it's all there" seems almost like a slap in the face. In other words, if we can't immediately read his mind and see things as he saw them, then - what? We're idiots? Chase certainly knew people would be arguing over the end scene, so he goes off to France and conveniently refuses to discuss what the ending means (and implying that we should have already figured it out).

Gimme a break...

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401065
06/12/07 01:43 PM
06/12/07 01:43 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

;\)

I agree with DC on this point.

Those last paranoid, frenzied moments in the ice cream shop showed us life from Tony's point of view. Always looking always his shoulder, never at peace, not knowing exactly when it's gonna all come crumbling down but being unfortunate enough to know that it inevitably will.

It's quite possible that those were the last moments of Tony's life, it's also just as possible that they weren't. What's certain and what Chase conveyed is that every moment of Tony's life is like that. There's no peace when you live that life. Crime, while undeniably quite profitable from a financial point of view, just doesn't pay.

Bravo David.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: pizzaboy] #401082
06/12/07 02:07 PM
06/12/07 02:07 PM
R
Ryno_Smith Offline
Wiseguy
Ryno_Smith  Offline
R
Wiseguy
This will put the Phil's Nephew rumor to rest as the guy at the counter was a pizza shop owner.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-06092007-1360360.html

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Ryno_Smith] #401089
06/12/07 02:37 PM
06/12/07 02:37 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ryno_Smith
This will put the Phil's Nephew rumor to rest as the guy at the counter was a pizza shop owner.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-06092007-1360360.html

He's a pizza shop owner in real life. His persona in the show is still in question. Although it appears, and I agree that he's a "nobody". This also seems to back-up the reports that no violence was ever filmed at Holstens. So those looking for a bloody ending on the DVD when it comes out, might be out of luck.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Just Lou] #401091
06/12/07 02:42 PM
06/12/07 02:42 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Can you imagine the business he will be getting now at his pizza shop? Har far is it from New Brunswick ;\)

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Mignon] #401092
06/12/07 02:43 PM
06/12/07 02:43 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Yeah. ...And I wonder how many onion rings Holsten's is selling? ;\)

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Just Lou] #401094
06/12/07 02:46 PM
06/12/07 02:46 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Someone made a point in regards to the cat in an earlier post ( can't recall who it was).

So I went back and re-watched the episode. The more I think about it the more I am convinced that the cat was symbollically supposed to be Christopher re-incarnated. He stares at Christopher's picture, and one can easily make an argument that it could be Adrianna because of this. However he could be staring at himself, remembering when. But what really makes me lean towards it being Chris is the fact that the Cat totally annoyed Paulie. Just like Chris used to. The Cat got under Paulie's skin. Just like Chris used to. Tony loved the Cat. Just as he loved Chris. And when Paulie is sitting all alone outside of Satriale's, there's the Cat sitting right there also. Just like Chris and Paulie used to do.

I'm convinced that the Cat was symbolic of Christopher.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Just Lou] #401097
06/12/07 02:51 PM
06/12/07 02:51 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Everyone of the series' episodes ended with the screen going to black. All the episodes ended with viewers wondering what would happen to those in the episode and what would happen next episode. So, why all the lamentations about the finale? It's fiction. You can make up your own ending. Tony dies. Good. That's a good ending. Try that one. It'll live in your memory forever. If you get tired of it, change it. There's a million possibilities.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIA [Re: ChrisY2J] #401102
06/12/07 02:56 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

..... The wife and daughter are doing incredibly well! Thank you for asking......

Wow! In all this mass confusion of posts going up every 30 seconds for the last couple of days, I just realized that you are posting again! Great to see you back. I've always remembered you for the excellent Sopranos posts that you've made in this thread.

Welcome home. ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Mignon] #401103
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: Mignon
How far is it from New Brunswick ;\)

36 miles

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401107
06/12/07 03:03 PM
06/12/07 03:03 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Right idea, wrong person. The cat was symbolic of Big Pussy.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: SC] #401122
06/12/07 03:24 PM
06/12/07 03:24 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Right idea, wrong person. The cat was symbolic of Big Pussy.

You really think so? If it was Big Pussy then why was Paulie so miffed with it? Paulie never really had any run ins with Big Pussy outside of the time that he wanted him to strip down to see if he was wearing a wire.

Christopher, on the other hand, always seemed to annoy Paulie. They were always at odds.

If it was supposed to be symbolic of Big Pussy, than why did they make the cat stare at Christopher's picture?

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401129
06/12/07 03:34 PM
06/12/07 03:34 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Duhhhhh..... pussy = cat.

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401130
06/12/07 03:35 PM
06/12/07 03:35 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
If it was supposed to be symbolic of Big Pussy, than why did they make the cat stare at Christopher's picture?

Keyword: pussy ;\)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: SC] #401139
06/12/07 03:44 PM
06/12/07 03:44 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Duhhhhh..... pussy = cat.

Then why was he staring at Christopher's picture?

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401140
06/12/07 03:45 PM
06/12/07 03:45 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

*cough*It'sAJoke*cough* ;\)

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: J Geoff] #401141
06/12/07 03:46 PM
06/12/07 03:46 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
Vince Curatola (Johnny Sack) was on TV a few minutes ago, and he said that he thinks Tony died. "Most likely" was his words. Then again, it is open to interpretation, as we all know.

The guy wearing a Members' Only jacket.....Members' Only was the name of the first episode of season 6, part 1, when Tony got shot.....

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: J Geoff] #401142
06/12/07 03:49 PM
06/12/07 03:49 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I was talking to your consigliere, not you.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401143
06/12/07 03:51 PM
06/12/07 03:51 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I was talking to your consigliere, not you.

IT WAS A JOKE!!

(Great, now he's doing a Greek Sicilan Mafia Don imitation).

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: SC] #401144
06/12/07 03:57 PM
06/12/07 03:57 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
A Joke.

Are you trying to amuse me? Are you trying to make me laugh? Are you a clown?

Oh, sorry, wrong thread.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: Don Cardi] #401154
06/12/07 05:00 PM
06/12/07 05:00 PM
Northeast
reynols Offline
Underboss
reynols  Offline
Underboss
Northeast
one thing that hit me while watching the episode but i kinda looked over was sil in the hospital bed.

this whole seris every episode with sil we have seen his hair in that frozen slicked back, whether he be at his breakfast table or at the bing

in the last scene we saw with tony & sil, silvio hair was just like a regular joes (uncombed) which is the first thing i looked at when i saw sil in the bed. outside of the junior scene i liked this scence the best. it was two best friends meeting and no words were utterted and tony holds his hand, just as sil did when tony was in the hospital. classic

and earlier b4 the season started van zandt in one of the hbos specials mentionted the only constant in the show has been silvios hair

Time You Enjoy Wasting, was not wasted - John Lennon

A man who nevers spends time with his family can never be a real man - Don Vito Corleone
Re: Made In America- Final Episode SPOILER MATERIAL [Re: reynols] #401155
06/12/07 05:04 PM
06/12/07 05:04 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

At least Steve Van Zandt liked the ending. I didn't know that was his real life wife who played his wife on the show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I6ShHJcQ9Kk

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull