GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Irishman12), 87 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,652
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,169
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,873
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! #398461
06/06/07 10:27 AM
06/06/07 10:27 AM
England
Raymondo Corleone Offline OP
Capo
Raymondo Corleone  Offline OP
Capo
England
I thought it would be cool if we had a vote on how we think the Sopranos is going to turn out - the poll expires on the Monday following the US airing of the last episode, so you need to get your skates on if you want to vote.

Please, no spoilers here, and if you by some reason you know what happens at the end then it's up to your discretion as to whether you vote.

If you choose the last option, maybe tell us what you think will happen!

Poll di tuti polls
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 06/06/07 10:25 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

"Just When I Thought I Was Out - They Pulled Me Back In....."
Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: Raymondo Corleone] #398565
06/06/07 04:37 PM
06/06/07 04:37 PM
England
Capo
Capo
England
Oooh flipping to the feds is in the lead!

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: Raymondo Corleone] #398673
06/06/07 11:31 PM
06/06/07 11:31 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I think Tony survives and it will be almost business as usual.
We'll just never get to see how his crime family rebuilds.
I really think the ending is going to be anti-climactic.

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: Just Lou] #398678
06/06/07 11:38 PM
06/06/07 11:38 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
 Originally Posted By: Just Lou

Putting myself in Chase's shoes, and knowing that a Sopranos movie would most likely be a financial success (even though nothing is definite on a movie...yet), it would be smart to leave Tony alive so there would be the opportunity to see if/how Tony rebuilds the family. I really love not knowing what to expect in the ending. \:\)

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: Just Lou] #398683
06/07/07 12:26 AM
06/07/07 12:26 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Just Lou

As I've posted elsewhere, I can see the final scene being Tony sitting in front of Satriale's puffing on a cigar. That's as anticlimatic as you can get.

Of course, I can see that scene as the camera pans to his profile looking up the street. And who do we see off in the distance walking toward him down the sidewalk? - you guessed it, Ade.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: olivant] #398709
06/07/07 04:45 AM
06/07/07 04:45 AM
England
Capo
Capo
England
So, in these scenarios you both describe, would you see Phil getting killed off? Thinking about it, I think that at least one of Phil and Tony must get killed/go to jail - they can't both exist in the same place for long now that the sh1t's hit the fan.

Not long now!!! Man, I don't think I've ever been so excited about a tv programme!!!

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: olivant] #398710
06/07/07 04:58 AM
06/07/07 04:58 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: olivant

Of course, I can see that scene as the camera pans to his profile looking up the street. And who do we see off in the distance walking toward him down the sidewalk? - you guessed it, Ade.

I'm beginning to think you're serious (about Adriana being alive). Please tell me you're not.

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: SC] #398749
06/07/07 09:30 AM
06/07/07 09:30 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
My prediction about the last episode may contain huge spoilers.

Warning, Spoiler:
Tony loses the key players in his crew. Paulie and Patsy are the only ones who remains loyal to him.

He's sitting alone in a restaurant, waiting for his family. They stroll in one by one, with the last one, Meadow, about to enter and the screen goes blank.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: Don Cardi] #398825
06/07/07 01:23 PM
06/07/07 01:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I would be SHOCKED if Phil survives the series. That's whether Tony has a "happy ending" or not. That's all I can really predict with any real confidence.

As far as what I'd like? I like Cardi's idea alot and Olivant's to some degree (minus Ade the zombie walking the streets of Newark's North Ward).

I think Lou summed it up best: Anti-Climactic.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: Don Cardi] #398838
06/07/07 01:58 PM
06/07/07 01:58 PM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
Philadelphia's Consigliere
BDuff  Offline
Philadelphia's Consigliere
Underboss
Philadelphia
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Tony loses the key players in his crew. Carmela leaves him.

He's sitting alone, ala Michael Corleone in GFII, in his chair by the empty pool, and the ducks, who flew away in the first season, come back. But there's no water for them to land in.

The show started with the ducks flying away in the first episode, and now they come back in the finale.

I'm leaning this way as well. However I see Tony countering the hits on Bobby and Silvio. Van Standt said on the radio this week that Made in America is just as, if not more violent than Blue Comet.

"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"
Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultiere - The Sopranos

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: Raymondo Corleone] #399599
06/09/07 10:21 AM
06/09/07 10:21 AM
California

California
Wow, all morning they've had various stories on the ending of the Sopranos. They just had Artie on, who "says" he really has no idea how it ends. Either he's being sly and not talking (likely) and/or I'm thinking several different endings may have been filmed and nobody knows which will be used.

Also, they say a poll shows that 40 per cent of the Soprano viewers don't want to see Tony die in the end, but more than half viewers think Tony should pay for his crimes in some way. Several comments were made about how the last two/three episodes making most viewers dislike Tony.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #399887
06/10/07 11:41 AM
06/10/07 11:41 AM
California

California
They are discussing the finale off/on all morning. They insist the producers are totally mum on the ending, which makes me wonder about the validity of the spoilers that have been posted (that I thankfully not been opening just in case) \:\) According to the producers they say it'll be an "explosive & controversial" ending. Hmmmmmm! Won't be long now.

They just had Vito on MSNBC and asked his prediction of how it will end. He tends to think Tony "will' survive, but Phil won't. He says that he thinks something will happen to one of the kids.

The host brought up an interesting question though. Would fans want it to end (or would they accept) with Tony flipping??? What do you think?

Also, they discussed the possibility that perhaps the fans will expect more and it may not be as big as we think.

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #399888
06/10/07 11:54 AM
06/10/07 11:54 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
The host brought up an interesting question though. Would fans want it to end (or would they accept) with Tony flipping??? What do you think?

Also, they discussed the possibility that perhaps the fans will expect more and it may not be as big as we think.

I now longer think Tony will flip (although as late as the beginning of this season I thought that was a possibility).

Chase has historically NOT resolved many issues (just as all issues don't get resolved in real life) and I don't expect everything to be tied up in a neat bundle after tonight's episode ends.

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: SC] #399889
06/10/07 12:06 PM
06/10/07 12:06 PM
California

California
 Originally Posted By: SC

I now longer think Tony will flip (although as late as the beginning of this season I thought that was a possibility).

Chase has historically NOT resolved many issues (just as all issues don't get resolved in real life) and I don't expect everything to be tied up in a neat bundle after tonight's episode ends.

I agree SC and I think by now any fan of the show who thinks that any of the other storylines we wanted tied up, will be disappointed. I'm ok though with that though. The whole series is based around Tony and both his families and now I think the question is going to be what happens Tony & and family?

I am open to most any scenario (that I can think of) ending, except I really don't want Tony to die(and don't think he will).

It's been a lot of fun analyzing this show with you guys. Sort of like we are BB therapists . Never have I torn apart a characters/show and speculated so much on a fictional tv show. I'll miss it.

TIS

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #399893
06/10/07 12:22 PM
06/10/07 12:22 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Never have I torn apart a characters/show and speculated so much on a fictional tv show. I'll miss it.

I know exactly what you mean.... I KNOW its fiction BUT its become a big part of my relaxing. I don't know what I'll do on Sunday nights anymore. \:\(

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: Don Cardi] #400193
06/10/07 11:12 PM
06/10/07 11:12 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

He's sitting alone, ala Michael Corleone in GFII, in his chair by the empty pool, and the ducks, who flew away in the first season, come back. But there's no water for them to land in.

The show started with the ducks flying away in the first episode, and now they come back in the finale.

C'mon people, be honest here. When Tony was out by the pool and looked up in the sky, how many thought, for a split second, that we were going to see the ducks again?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: Don Cardi] #400195
06/10/07 11:14 PM
06/10/07 11:14 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I thought so too until I remembered he drained the pool.

Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: Just Lou] #400200
06/10/07 11:18 PM
06/10/07 11:18 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
he's gonna have dinner with his family at an ice cream parlour and that's the end. lol

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: What do you think happens to Tony - Ultimate poll! [Re: mr. soprano] #401559
06/13/07 04:22 PM
06/13/07 04:22 PM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline
B
Made Member
NY
I think Tony will be garrotted, then stabbed repeatedly. I see this all happening, I do.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull