GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 397 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,980
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,092
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27380
06/02/04 02:23 PM
06/02/04 02:23 PM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline OP
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline OP
B
Made Member
NY
Years ago, in the 1980's or early 90's, my mother recorded The Godfather - A Novel For Television, or some such title, and it was essentially the chronological versions of I & II. Well, I remember a scene during Connie & Carlo's wedding where Don Corleone is listening to Bonasera the Undertaker, and Sonny is not paying attention. After Bonasera leaves, the Don whistles over to Sonny to wake him from his reverie, then lectures him for not paying attention to instruction.

I'm sure this is not the only scene left out of the Additional Scenes on the boxset, and the new re-release of Godfather doesn't contain any additional scenes at all. Will we ever see every deleted scene associated with the filming of Godfather I & II? Will they, at some point down the road, release the chronological version on DVD?

Finally, are there other scenes I forgot about that were left off the Boxset?

Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27381
06/02/04 02:53 PM
06/02/04 02:53 PM
juventus Offline
Underboss
juventus  Offline
Underboss
I think they do.
They'll make a chronoligal version with all( and i mean all) the delted scenes. So they got our money!
Maybe when they're really greedy the first make a chronoligal version without the deleted scenes.
Than a chronological version with ALL (not only the one on the DVD-set) the delted scenes.

And when they're bastards they do it like this:
-The chronological version without any delted scenes
- The chronological version with the delted scenes who were on the DVD-set
- The chronological version with all (not only the one on the DVD-set)

And when they're realy asshols, the also do this:
- First the movie with the deleted scenes from the DVD-set
- The movie with all the deleted scenes

But i only think they gonna make a chronological version with deleted scenes (all or only those from the dvd-set)

'This was just another Bronx tale.'
Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27382
06/02/04 02:59 PM
06/02/04 02:59 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally posted by Buttmunker:
Finally, are there other scenes I forgot about that were left off the Boxset?
Off the top of my head, I'm remembering the scene in which Bonasera is dreading seeing Vito after receiving the phone call to meet at the funeral home after Sonny is killed.

I'm sure there are more.

Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27383
06/18/04 10:24 AM
06/18/04 10:24 AM
D
Don Rypcord Offline
Don Rypcord of the Ametrano Family
Don Rypcord  Offline
Don Rypcord of the Ametrano Family
D
Button
I remember that scene too Goombah, and I beleive there was a follow-up scene immediatly when they discussed Sonny's funeral. I beleive I saw that on the Spike TV [or whatever it was called when they played it on there] version that I taped before the DVD collection came out.

Not 100% sure though.

Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27384
06/26/04 08:40 PM
06/26/04 08:40 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
there is a scene from part II which I have heard mentioned although I don't beleive many have scene (i do think there are screen shots in some book though) where Michael walks into tfabrizio's pizzaria in chicago and calls him by his actual name (fabrizio so and so...) and then when Fabrizio answers Mike pulls out a lupara and shoots him. This was going to replace the scene where Fabrizio dies in a car-bomb which ended up deleted anyways but is on the bonus dvd.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27385
06/27/04 11:09 AM
06/27/04 11:09 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
there is a scene from part II which I have heard mentioned although I don't beleive many have scene (i do think there are screen shots in some book though) where Michael walks into tfabrizio's pizzaria in chicago and calls him by his actual name (fabrizio so and so...) and then when Fabrizio answers Mike pulls out a lupara and shoots him. This was going to replace the scene where Fabrizio dies in a car-bomb which ended up deleted anyways but is on the bonus dvd.
The scene you're referring to was filmed but was never included in any version of the Trilogy, nor on the bonus disc. I'd give anything to see it. Stills appear in Harlan Lebo's "The Godfather Legacy."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27386
06/27/04 11:13 AM
06/27/04 11:13 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Here's another deleted scene curiosity:
We're familiar with the excellent deleted scene in which Gardiner Shaw asks Michael for the hand of his niece, Francesca, Sonny and Sandra's daughter. On the DVD "extras" disc, that scene ends with Michael joking around with Gardiner. But in that scene that's spliced into the chronological "Saga" version shown on TV, there's an extra five seconds or so tacked on. After Gardiner walks out, Michael turns to a hulking young man in a plaid jacket and says, "Santino, how are you?" "Fine, Uncle Michael," the young man replies. That's signficant because we're glimpsing one of Sonny's sons, grown up. He's the younger brother of Frank, whom we saw in GF reading a home-made get-well card to Vito when he returned to the compound from the hospital.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27387
06/29/04 03:37 PM
06/29/04 03:37 PM
Rhode Island
AllAboutTheFamily Offline
Made Member
AllAboutTheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Rhode Island
Thats interesting, Turnbull-I would like to see that.
Sadly, I have only seen the deleted footage from the DVD. I have the vhs's but just the regular ones-with no deleted scenes.
My dream would be a chronological DVD with ALL deleted sceens put in there original place in the movie.
Who knows, maybe after the single DVDs come out, and after the video game goes on sale, then, maybe, they will do something like that.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun."-Billy Joel
Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27388
07/03/04 09:41 PM
07/03/04 09:41 PM
Sicily, NYC
Santino Felice Offline
Made Member
Santino Felice  Offline
Made Member
Sicily, NYC
I have the BoxSet, does the DVD COllection have alot more scenes and special features?

"Well you just do what I tell you to do! Goddamn it! If I had a wartime consiglieri -- a
Sicilian -- I wouldn't be in this shape! Pop had Genco -- look what I got." - Sonny Corleone
Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27389
07/03/04 09:49 PM
07/03/04 09:49 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
The box set on VHS? The DVD collection has a lot more extra scenes and such, but it doesnt have those interviews at the begining of the tape. Why they didnt include that on the DVD is beyond me.
BTW- Nice Avatar wink

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27390
07/04/04 12:42 PM
07/04/04 12:42 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Maybe some of these deleted scenes you're talking about are on the new DVD. -Pat

[Linked Image]

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27391
07/04/04 02:48 PM
07/04/04 02:48 PM
ScarfaceRH Offline
Underboss
ScarfaceRH  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by Patrick:
Maybe some of these deleted scenes you're talking about are on the new DVD. -Pat
The only special feature on the new DVD is commentary.

Re: The Godfather - Deleted Scenes we didn't see on the Boxset #27392
08/12/04 10:07 AM
08/12/04 10:07 AM
No. Calif.
T
The REAL Victor Rizzi Offline
Wiseguy
The REAL Victor Rizzi  Offline
T
Wiseguy
No. Calif.
There were so many scenes that were fimed but never used in any version. Francis had something like 7 hours of film to condense down to 2 1/2 just for GF II. Just a few of the ones I know about that have never seen the light of day: At some point after the communion party, the entire family was assembled on a lawn in front of the pagoda that was used for the band at the party. This lawn was brought in in trucks and laid just for this one scene, and the family had a big BBQ, steaks and all, the kids were tossing a football back and forth on the lawn. I think the purpose of this scene was just to show that they were just a normal family after all. (Yeah, right). Also, during filming at the Kaisier Estate (Fon-du-Lac) one day, they had to stop filming as a helicopter flew over. Francis watched it thoughtfully, and then hollered, "I want a helicopter, get me a helicopter!" Within 30 minutes or so, a helicopter was landing at the dock by the boathouse, and they had visiting dignitaries being filmed getting off. Another one, if you'll recall the scene between Michael and Connie in the boathouse, where he informs her that her oldest boy Victor had been picked up in Reno for some petty theft. The follow-up to that was a scene with Connie, Merle Johnson, and Victor sitting at a table outside during the party, and Connie presents Victor with a watch and apologizes for not being around much lately. Then she says, "Your Uncle Michael tells me that you stole car down in Reno". Merle pipes up with, "Oh really! What kind was it?" Victor looks abashed and mumbles, "Just a Chevy". So the petty theft that Mike refers to was Grand Theft Auto, or Joyriding. I guess to The Godfather, that would be petty. None of these scenes were in the script, and aren't really important to the plot, so they wound up being deleted. And did anyone know that teen heartthrob Robby Benson was to be in the film? He was to play Anthony as a teenager, he was brought up to Tahoe and some scenes were filmed with him, but never used. They were going to fly him to New York and film some scenes there as well, but the entire idea of showing some of the family at that point in time was scraped before they even completed the filming of it. That's about all that I can pull out of my memory right now, I was only 12 at the time and many of the details have faded. Besides, I think this post has gone on long enough.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull