GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 292 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,916
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,330
Posts1,058,775
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
if you could have one obtainment... #396480
05/29/07 01:58 AM
05/29/07 01:58 AM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline OP
Anthony Lombardi  Offline OP

east coast
i have a question for all of you:

if you could obtain one quality, one desire, one object - whether to better yourself or not - what would it be? it could be a material possession (a new car), a cerebral gain (a better understanding of math or science), a career accomplishment (a job promotion or better grades in school), an emotional goal (you wish you were less sensitive or had better control of your emotions), a physical achievement (better health or lose weight), a financial gain (pay off all your debts or a million dollars) - anything that you want.

i would unquestionably choose to have a gift for being effortlessly witty, or at least to be alot more effortlessly witty than i am. all of my favorite figures - whether it be a musician, a filmmaker, a historical figure, whatever - are known for their quick, irreverent wit: john lennon, oscar wilde, morrissey, woody allen, elvis costello, bob dylan. hell, my girlfriend is even incredibly witty; i am extremely attracted to wit in all forms, in people, in art, in anything. there's no possible gift as insurmountable, propitious or fruitful as the gift of words; as the old saying goes, "the pen is mightier than the sword." with a few strokes of your pen, or a spontaneously caustic remark, you can completely rewrite or change history, do irreparable damage to someone's reputation, career & life, or make a star out of yourself or someone else overnight.

what about everyone else? what would your one obtainment be?

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Anthony Lombardi] #396492
05/29/07 03:48 AM
05/29/07 03:48 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I'm witty enough - but what I want is practically everything you mentioned! Well, I have the car I like, don't need a new one - but everything else I could use!

But if I had to choose only ONE thing...

Hmm, money may or may not buy happiness, but at least it could buy most of your examples... so perhaps that's what I'd pick. Money (lots of it) is a sure-fire way to look good, sound good, learn things, fix things (about yourself), get possessions you want/need, get a girl/boy (at least for the night ), or most anything else on that list -- so that's a good start \:D One way to build at least a shallow sense of confidence...

Money may not buy you love, but it's sure helpful w/ everything else! \:p

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: J Geoff] #396494
05/29/07 06:18 AM
05/29/07 06:18 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Hey, JG, how about a sense of direction?? \:p

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Sicilian Babe] #396495
05/29/07 07:06 AM
05/29/07 07:06 AM
east coast

east coast
i'd be willing to wager alot that geoffy was a bit tipsy when he bumbled out the above...

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Anthony Lombardi] #396497
05/29/07 07:12 AM
05/29/07 07:12 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

To win the lottery and move to Manhatten.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Anthony Lombardi] #396498
05/29/07 07:23 AM
05/29/07 07:23 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: Anthony Lombardi
i have a question for all of you:

if you could obtain one quality, one desire, one object - whether to better yourself or not - what would it be? it could be a material possession (a new car), a cerebral gain (a better understanding of math or science), a career accomplishment (a job promotion or better grades in school), an emotional goal (you wish you were less sensitive or had better control of your emotions), a physical achievement (better health or lose weight), a financial gain (pay off all your debts or a million dollars) - anything that you want.

i would unquestionably choose to have a gift for being effortlessly witty, or at least to be alot more effortlessly witty than i am. all of my favorite figures - whether it be a musician, a filmmaker, a historical figure, whatever - are known for their quick, irreverent wit: john lennon, oscar wilde, morrissey, woody allen, elvis costello, bob dylan. hell, my girlfriend is even incredibly witty; i am extremely attracted to wit in all forms, in people, in art, in anything. there's no possible gift as insurmountable, propitious or fruitful as the gift of words; as the old saying goes, "the pen is mightier than the sword." with a few strokes of your pen, or a spontaneously caustic remark, you can completely rewrite or change history, do irreparable damage to someone's reputation, career & life, or make a star out of yourself or someone else overnight.

what about everyone else? what would your one obtainment be?

I want to use the Force.

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Double-J] #396637
05/29/07 04:44 PM
05/29/07 04:44 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
 Originally Posted By: Double-J

I want to use the Force.

I think I've wanted that since I was four. I also wanted to convince my dad that they were action figures, not dolls, and that Chewie was a wookie, not an ape-bear.

Good times.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: long_lost_corleone] #396641
05/29/07 05:18 PM
05/29/07 05:18 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Should that one thing be a practically feasible choice or can it be some impossible choice? If you allow such possibilites, I would like to be 5 years younger \:p

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: svsg] #396645
05/29/07 06:00 PM
05/29/07 06:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Go back 20 years, do it all over.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: pizzaboy] #396646
05/29/07 06:06 PM
05/29/07 06:06 PM
east coast

east coast
it can be anything, as long as you want it - youth, money, intelligence, material possessions, time, control, anything.

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: pizzaboy] #396668
05/29/07 08:12 PM
05/29/07 08:12 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

C'mon, PB!! Really?? And would you honestly do it differently, or would you make the same mistakes? And if you didn't, you wouldn't experience the same lows. On the flip side, does that mean you wouldn't experience the same highs??

Life consists of moments. Would a moment make children born differently? Same egg, but maybe a different sperm? How much different would they be?

Maybe a different career, a different school. Maybe if I had worked harder in high school, I could have gone to a better college, gotten a better job, or a different job. What friends did you make that shaped your life? I met my husband in college. What would become of my life if had gone to different schools? Would we have met somehow (can't imagine how, since our lives bisected in no other way)?

I would never want to live my life over. The first time was rough enough!!

Oh, and I've always wanted to be able to paint. Or play an instrument. Those would be cool overnight skills.

Last edited by Sicilian Babe; 05/29/07 08:13 PM.

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Anthony Lombardi] #396670
05/29/07 08:39 PM
05/29/07 08:39 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I am envious of people who have a good sense of direction. I'm referring to driving directions. I've been with people who have absolutely no idea of how to get to the destination, and have minimal info, and yet, somehow they get there problem free using there logic and intuition I guess. \:o

If I am going somewhere out of my area, don't tell me to go North on Ontario and South on Main or whatever. Tell me to turn on a specific street dammit! Let me know there's a Shell station at the corner and/or the next turn is the third light down and give me the street.

Anyway, I like to think what I lack in that sense that maybe I might excel in something else, just don't know what. \:p Unfortunately, both my daughters inherited my sense of direction.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #396681
05/29/07 11:06 PM
05/29/07 11:06 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I would like to be the one, who cures cancer, or brings peace and justice to places like the Middle East; or write the Great American novel, or create a magnificent work of art.

At the same time I would love to relive some moments in my life, like holding my children when they were babies. This, I realize, would be dangerous as it would be very tempting to live your life in the past.

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #396695
05/30/07 12:41 AM
05/30/07 12:41 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I am envious of people who have a good sense of direction. I'm referring to driving directions. I've been with people who have absolutely no idea of how to get to the destination, and have minimal info, and yet, somehow they get there problem free using there logic and intuition I guess. \:o

If I am going somewhere out of my area, don't tell me to go North on Ontario and South on Main or whatever. Tell me to turn on a specific street dammit! Let me know there's a Shell station at the corner and/or the next turn is the third light down and give me the street.

Anyway, I like to think what I lack in that sense that maybe I might excel in something else, just don't know what. \:p Unfortunately, both my daughters inherited my sense of direction.

TIS
I am exactly the same way. How do I know if I should turn right or left for going north ? I cannot go anywhere without looking at google maps \:D

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Anthony Lombardi] #396718
05/30/07 02:28 AM
05/30/07 02:28 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
I too would want money, but for a specific reason. First, enough money to buy an island. Then I would take the rest of the money and construct the largest, by far, of one of those fast-food play places. You know, where the kids can climb up inside the plastic tube tunnels and slides and pools of plastic balls, etc... except mine would cover an entire island and you would need a map to navigate through, or preferably, at a reasonable cost, one of many midget guides I would have available.

You could spend as long as a month trekking through colorful tunnels, tumbling down twenty story slides into acre-size pools of plastic balls and camping in specified areas where llamas roam free and rule with their damning spit.

I'd call it Llama Land, and charge very little because of course I'd somehow be a billionaire by wishful obtainment. That's my dream, and if anyone steals my idea... well I'll gladly pay to play in your play-place island.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Blibbleblabble] #396731
05/30/07 03:11 AM
05/30/07 03:11 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
 Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
...and if anyone steals my idea... well I'll gladly pay to play in your play-place island...

Okay, see you at the Neverland Ranch then! \:p

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Anthony Lombardi] #396732
05/30/07 03:16 AM
05/30/07 03:16 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
it can be anything, as long as you want it - youth, money, intelligence, material possessions, time, control, anything.

I'll take all of that - thanks!

By tomorrow, please.
i'd be willing to wager alot that geoffy was a bit tipsy when he bumbled out the above...

That's when the truth comes out, isn't it? \:D I didn't lie in that reply... it's true regardless! ;\)

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: J Geoff] #396734
05/30/07 03:29 AM
05/30/07 03:29 AM
east coast

east coast
i change my wish - i want geoff.

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Sicilian Babe] #396778
05/30/07 09:29 AM
05/30/07 09:29 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

C'mon, PB!! Really?? And would you honestly do it differently, or would you make the same mistakes? And if you didn't, you wouldn't experience the same lows. On the flip side, does that mean you wouldn't experience the same highs??

Life consists of moments. Would a moment make children born differently? Same egg, but maybe a different sperm? How much different would they be?

Maybe a different career, a different school. Maybe if I had worked harder in high school, I could have gone to a better college, gotten a better job, or a different job. What friends did you make that shaped your life? I met my husband in college. What would become of my life if had gone to different schools? Would we have met somehow (can't imagine how, since our lives bisected in no other way)?

I would never want to live my life over. The first time was rough enough!!

Oh, and I've always wanted to be able to paint. Or play an instrument. Those would be cool overnight skills.

I wouldn't do a damned thing different. It's just that it was so much fun, why not do it all over again?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: pizzaboy] #396793
05/30/07 10:10 AM
05/30/07 10:10 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
That's the PB we know and love!!!

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: svsg] #396897
05/30/07 04:15 PM
05/30/07 04:15 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I have not decided yet and may never be able to decide for such a thing at all.

Originally Posted By: svsg
I would like to be 5 years younger \:p

Why exactly five years?

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: afsaneh77] #396912
05/30/07 06:24 PM
05/30/07 06:24 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
 Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I have not decided yet and may never be able to decide for such a thing at all.

Originally Posted By: svsg
I would like to be 5 years younger \:p

Why exactly five years?

I forgot to add something (i am greedy \:\) )... I want to be 5 years younger with my current knowledge/experience of life. It was a strange coincidence when I saw this thread, because just that morning, I was thinking how great would it be if I were 22 at this point in time. I don't want to go back to 16 or 18 because I wouldn't do anything different or atleast anything better. The last 5 or 6 years define my personality today and these were the learning years (I am a slow learner \:p ) and also the times of radical change in beliefs. I want to live these lost/last 5-6 years again.

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: J Geoff] #396938
05/31/07 12:01 AM
05/31/07 12:01 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff
 Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
...and if anyone steals my idea... well I'll gladly pay to play in your play-place island...

Okay, see you at the Neverland Ranch then! \:p

Haha, I guess I forgot to mention it would be for adults only. The kids could stay at the little fast food ones. I don't think kids could survive for days at a time on my island. Unless there was some weird Lord of the Flies thing going on.

And what do you mean you'll seem me at the Neverland Ranch? Are you there? *shivers*

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: Blibbleblabble] #396946
05/31/07 01:45 AM
05/31/07 01:45 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
I'd like to change my voice. I hate it.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #396957
05/31/07 02:04 AM
05/31/07 02:04 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard

TIS

Don't feel bad TIS my mom has a real lousy sense of direction, and she'll admit it herself.

That's why whenever her & my dad go on a long trip he always drives. Plus when her & I went to California awhile back I did all the driving, as she admitted herself if she drove we'd get lost.

Now to answer the original question. I'd take the money no doubt about it. Yeah it's been said money can't buy happiness, but hell if I was a millionare I'd be happy being miserable.

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: The Iceman] #396977
05/31/07 08:54 AM
05/31/07 08:54 AM
California

California
Thanks Iceman. I'm glad I'm not alone. \:\)

True story: A few years ago, both my daughters and I drove to Vegas. I forgot exactly where we were, but drove to some casino and parked in the parking ramp. When we went to the car at the end of the evening we couldn't find it. We looked and we looked. We knew what level we were on and simply lost our car. Finally after walking the parking ramp God knows how many times, we went to the ramp next to it and sure enough there was the car. Ha ha ha! What idiots we were. Not only that, how many times have I been to Vegas (a lot). I should know. We felt like 3 stooges, but laughed like crazy ans till talk about it today from time to time.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 05/31/07 09:00 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #396978
05/31/07 08:58 AM
05/31/07 08:58 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
What idiots we were. Not only that, how many times have I been to Vegas (a lot). I should know. We felt like 3 stooges....

Thats because only losers go to Vegas. \:p

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: SC] #396979
05/31/07 09:05 AM
05/31/07 09:05 AM
California

California
 Originally Posted By: SC
What idiots we were. Not only that, how many times have I been to Vegas (a lot). I should know. We felt like 3 stooges....

Thats because only losers go to Vegas. \:p

Ha ha!!! Yea, ,remember that guy? Mr. Congeniality!! What a welcome wagon he was.

Well, this "loser" is going again in July and can't wait. \:\)

TIS

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #396980
05/31/07 09:11 AM
05/31/07 09:11 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Well, this "loser" is going again in July and can't wait.

Lucky you!! ... I wish I was joining ya.

Re: if you could have one obtainment... [Re: SC] #397005
05/31/07 10:37 AM
05/31/07 10:37 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I would use my obtainment to help improve my Mother's health!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull