GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, Big_Tuna93), 339 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,365
Posts1,059,434
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History #390582
05/04/07 03:04 AM
05/04/07 03:04 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Funny stuff that someone at the WC boards dug up. Dear god, the Gobbledy Gooker!

http://www.talkwrestlingwith.us/2007/05/02/top-9-dumbest-moments-in-pro-wrestling-history/

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #390601
05/04/07 05:39 AM
05/04/07 05:39 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I thought these lists normaly come in ten...

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: DE NIRO] #390635
05/04/07 08:57 AM
05/04/07 08:57 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
You're thinking of Top Ten lists, De Niro.

This is a Top Nine.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #390636
05/04/07 08:59 AM
05/04/07 08:59 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

just seems like a odd number for a list. \:\)

Nevermind

Last edited by DE NIRO; 05/04/07 08:59 AM.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #390692
05/04/07 12:26 PM
05/04/07 12:26 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I don't know how HHH dressing up as Kane and pretending to screw a dead girl in a coffin, or Mae Young giving birth to a rubber glove, didn't make the list.

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Just Lou] #390705
05/04/07 01:01 PM
05/04/07 01:01 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
That Sting/RoboCop video was hysterical!

I saw Giant Gonzales made the list. Man...if you think Khali is bad...you should have seen this guy during his WWF run.

According to Wikipedia, Jorge "Giant" Gonzales is in pretty bad health. Unlike guys like Big Show or Khali (who also suffer from gigantism), Gonzales opted not to have surgery on his pituitary gland to halt the progress of the condition. Thus, his bones and joints have begun to degenerate (not unlike André the Giant).

Gonzales is now confined to a wheelchair, and has to use specialized knee braces on the few occasions that he stands. Here are a couple "before and after" photos:

Before:

After (the most recent pic I could find):

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: XDCX] #390764
05/04/07 03:34 PM
05/04/07 03:34 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

How about when Undertaker became a sadist, kidnapped Stephanie MacMahon, and crucified her? Yeah. That's about when I stopped watching WWE. How about when Kane raped a corpse? Yeah. Good stuff. \:p

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Double-J] #391031
05/06/07 03:47 PM
05/06/07 03:47 PM
Muscat, Oman
Don Zadjali Offline
Underboss
Don Zadjali  Offline
Underboss
Muscat, Oman
Good ol' days

"Pain has no tendency, in its own right, to proliferate. When it is over, it is over, and the natural sequel is joy."
- C. S. Lewis

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh"
- George Bernard Shaw

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Don Zadjali] #391034
05/06/07 04:13 PM
05/06/07 04:13 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Does anyone remember Bruno Sammartino?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: olivant] #391091
05/06/07 07:56 PM
05/06/07 07:56 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
SC does.

Bruno Sammartino is a fantastic name. Like Killer Kuwolski, it just fucking sounds tough, really.

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: olivant] #391575
05/08/07 12:19 PM
05/08/07 12:19 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: olivant
Does anyone remember Bruno Sammartino?

Vince McMahon would rather that you don't, since "Bruno" despises him, the current product, and wants nothing to do with it, thus no Hall of Fame or DVDs or even acknowledgement of his 1970s run by the company.

But Bruno rocks. At a recent convention up somewhere in New York, where he, Hulk Hogan, and Ultimate Warrior signed autographs. Hogan charged $50, Warrior $30...and Bruno's were free, since its his opinion that autographs should be free.

DJ, ah yes that crucifixtion....I always wondered how ECW got in hot water for Raven crucifying Sandman, while that whole Undertaker schtick didn't(though in rewatching those reruns recently, notice they never said "cross" but "symbol." Figures.)

Just Lou, my god those times were dumb...as well as that time in pre-nWo WCW when Hulk Hogan body slammed Paul Wright "The Giant" off the arena's rooftop and into the local lake. The problem? That lake was 20 miles away. Huh?

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #391576
05/08/07 12:29 PM
05/08/07 12:29 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I remember watching a match, back when I was a kid. It was a tag team match and Fuji and Tinaka were up against two other wrestlers ( can't recall who they were). At one point Fuji knocks out his opponent and he's persuing the other guy. So Tinaka jumps in the ring and they double team him. As the referee goes over to try and get one of them out of the ring, the Grand Wizard, Fuji and Tinaka's manager, hits the referee from behind and knocks him out of the ring. Now Fuji, Tinaka and The Grand WIzard are beating the shit out of this one guy. Well who's in the audience, dressed in a Tuxedo, Bruno Sammartino. All of a sudden Bruno jumps out of his seat and into the ring and rips his tuxedo off revealing his championship belt and his wrestling shorts underneath. Then he goes and kicks the shit out of Fuji, Tinaka and The Grand Wizard! It was hilarious! I'll never forget it.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #391577
05/08/07 12:34 PM
05/08/07 12:34 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
SC does.

Bruno Sammartino is a fantastic name. Like Killer Kuwolski, it just fucking sounds tough, really.

You know, I always dig to hear oldtimers when they talk about old school wrestling. Back when kayfabe was the law, back when wrestling's tricks and secrets were as safely guarded as a magician's stage works.

My grandfather telling me of when "Gorgeous George" Wagner and Lou Thesz were huge was good times. Then again, with their style of mat ring workrate, thats why wrestling had an aroma of legitimacy in those days(and no coincidence why when offered free front-row tickets to a RAW taping, Thesz wanted a Benoit/Angle match. WWE refused, and he didn't go.)

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
I remember watching a match, back when I was a kid. It was a tag team match and Fuji and Tinaka were up against two other wrestlers ( can't recall who they were). At one point Fuji knocks out his opponent and he's persuing the other guy. So Tinaka jumps in the ring and they double team him. As the referee goes over to try and get one of them out of the ring, the Grand Wizard, Fuji and Tinaka's manager, hits the referee from behind and knocks him out of the ring. Now Fuji, Tinaka and The Grand WIzard are beating the shit out of this one guy. Well who's in the audience, dressed in a Tuxedo, Bruno Sammartino. All of a sudden Bruno jumps out of his seat and into the ring and rips his tuxedo off revealing his championship belt and his wrestling shorts underneath. Then he goes and kicks the shit out of Fuji, Tinaka and The Grand Wizard! It was hilarious! I'll never forget it.

That is awesome, and something I would have marked over.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 05/08/07 12:37 PM.
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #391646
05/08/07 04:52 PM
05/08/07 04:52 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Remember when Funaki and Taka Mishonoku were a part of Kaientai? Or when they cut off Val Venis' "pee-pee" right as the show went to black? Ah. The good old days.

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #391666
05/08/07 05:34 PM
05/08/07 05:34 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
SC does.

You know, I always dig to hear oldtimers when they talk about old school wrestling. Back when kayfabe was the law, back when wrestling's tricks and secrets were as safely guarded as a magician's stage works.

My grandfather telling me of when "Gorgeous George" Wagner and Lou Thesz were huge was good times. Then again, with their style of mat ring workrate, thats why wrestling had an aroma of legitimacy in those days(and no coincidence why when offered free front-row tickets to a RAW taping, Thesz wanted a Benoit/Angle match. WWE refused, and he didn't go.)

Bruno was theeeee best! How about Baba the Giant, Crusher Lizowski[sic], The Mongol, Johnny Valentine, Fritz Von Eric? Those were the studio wrestlers in Pgh. The list goes on.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: olivant] #391668
05/08/07 05:46 PM
05/08/07 05:46 PM
UK
Paul Krendler Offline
The Dude
Paul Krendler  Offline
The Dude
UK
I remember Macho Man Randy Savage's wedding to Miss Elizabeth. Dumbest thing I ever saw. I knew they were already married and I'm sure that half the planet did as well, but what in the hell went through Vince's head when approving that particular storyline?

Bret Hart's exit at the Survivor Series in Montreal - truly dumb on Vince's part.

The whole Million Dollar Man stealing Sapphire away from Dusty Rhodes was completely farcical too. I mean, Sapphire was sweet and cuddly but she was a total swamp donkey.

"I'm sorry if your stepmother is a nympho but I don't see what this has to do with, uh... do you have any Kalhua?"
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Paul Krendler] #391675
05/08/07 06:19 PM
05/08/07 06:19 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Double-J
Remember when Funaki and Taka Mishonoku were a part of Kaientai? Or when they cut off Val Venis' "pee-pee" right as the show went to black? Ah. The good old days.

Chop Chop!

That must have been the beginning of numerous "miscarriage" storylines that WWF employed at the time.

Originally Posted By: Paul Krendler
I remember Macho Man Randy Savage's wedding to Miss Elizabeth. Dumbest thing I ever saw. I knew they were already married and I'm sure that half the planet did as well, but what in the hell went through Vince's head when approving that particular storyline?

Bret Hart's exit at the Survivor Series in Montreal - truly dumb on Vince's part.

The whole Million Dollar Man stealing Sapphire away from Dusty Rhodes was completely farcical too. I mean, Sapphire was sweet and cuddly but she was a total swamp donkey.

I gotta agree on the Sapphire thing.

As for the wedding, wasn't that involved with the serious feud Savage was having against Jake "The Snake" Roberts at the time?

I do agree with you on Montreal, but people seem to always forget of a serious consequence that WWE still carries to this day. That was the turning point of McMahon from TV announcer who had different people over the years play as the "owner" of the company to that of being "The Owner" on TV...and the (deserving) shit that Vince got for the Montreal Screwjob set him up as the big baddie personality...

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: olivant] #391677
05/08/07 06:22 PM
05/08/07 06:22 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: olivant
SC does.

Bruno was theeeee best! How about Baba the Giant, Crusher Lizowski[sic], The Mongol, Johnny Valentine, Fritz Von Eric? Those were the studio wrestlers in Pgh. The list goes on.

Valentine and the whole Von Eric family clan of Texas is great. That era of the weekly TV tapings at the local studio basically were infomercials for the special live events. Now its the live events that are supplemental infomercials for the TV tapings. What a flip.

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #391689
05/08/07 06:46 PM
05/08/07 06:46 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
My two new favourite words:

SWAMP DONKEY!

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #392011
05/10/07 11:53 AM
05/10/07 11:53 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Have you seen anything as embarrassing as the Kanearoonie?

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #392056
05/10/07 02:17 PM
05/10/07 02:17 PM
UK
Paul Krendler Offline
The Dude
Paul Krendler  Offline
The Dude
UK
My two new favourite words:

SWAMP DONKEY!

Clicky.

\:D

"I'm sorry if your stepmother is a nympho but I don't see what this has to do with, uh... do you have any Kalhua?"
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Paul Krendler] #392158
05/10/07 06:20 PM
05/10/07 06:20 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Pro Wrestling is great. Ric Flair rules!! Whoooooooooooooooo!!!

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Don Smitty] #392209
05/10/07 08:51 PM
05/10/07 08:51 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Don Smitty

100% totally correct. Yeah, Ric Flair is so great in the eyes of the WWE, he got stuck doing a dark match for WRESTLEMANIA this year.

Talk about a total slap against him.

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394018
05/18/07 12:40 AM
05/18/07 12:40 AM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
What's the saddest out of all these dumb moments?

Pro Wrestling was at one time the fourth most searched item on Google, trailing only: jobs, God, and sex.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Don Smitty] #394024
05/18/07 01:08 AM
05/18/07 01:08 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I grew up watching Ric Flair on TBS, wrestling for the NWA/WCW. Nobody could cut a promo like him. It's very sad for me to see him still hanging on in the WWE, almost as a jobber.

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Just Lou] #394030
05/18/07 02:44 AM
05/18/07 02:44 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Just Lou

I grew up watching Ric Flair on TBS, wrestling for the NWA/WCW. Nobody could cut a promo like him. It's very sad for me to see him still hanging on in the WWE, almost as a jobber.

Ah yes, back when "World Championship Wrestling" was only the name of Jim Crockett's NWA, with the world flags hanging around the Atlanta studio, and the Four Horsemen ruling the TV set in feuds with Dusty Rhodes, among others.

JustLou, I assume you remember this moment, when Ric Flair gave Ricky Morton of the Rock N Roll Express a training bra. Good times.

I think my BIGGEST problem with the WWE as of late is just how almost nobody knows how to cook up an awesome feud anymore it seems. Everything is botched and rushed simply for the next bloody PPV, and then forgotten.

Plus, notice that fans at these WWE events just don't give the pop or response to make whats happening in the ring that it should, at least compare to say, this Horsemen/Road Warriors & Rhodes tag match.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 05/18/07 02:55 AM.
Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394033
05/18/07 03:10 AM
05/18/07 03:10 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Yeah. The good ole days. I used to love his feuds with Lex Luger and Sting. I assume you Ric Flair's DVD? It's pretty good.

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: Just Lou] #394166
05/18/07 05:55 PM
05/18/07 05:55 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Yeah. The good ole days. I used to love his feuds with Lex Luger and Sting. I assume you Ric Flair's DVD? It's pretty good.

Actually, I've held off on the WWE DVDs(though I did borrow my friend's new FOUR HORSEMEN DVD. First time where its documentary is better than the matches).

You know, WrestleCrap website boards dug up this nugget that I damn remember very well:

July 29th, 1996 - Monday Night Nitro

Sting/WCW and Flair/Four Horsemen stuck in yet another stable tag team feud when Jimmy Hart interrupts the match, saying that there is f*cking chaos in the backstage, even grabbing a cameraman to follow him. Confusion is on everyone's faces, including the wrestlers, in the arena when we cut to backstage:

Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, the newly arrived "Outsiders", who are beating the crap out of everyone with baseball bats. Rey Mysterio Jr springboard jumps(!) into them, but is met with a bodyslam, neck-first, into a production van. Ouch.

What was so great about this was how Sting/Flair factions acted like they broke off their kayfabe to try to help their comrades that got destroyed...and basically assimilating "Team WCW" to go to war with the faction that soon become the nWo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V37n-CYud9A (pt 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Bj6E8ZEnM (pt 2)

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394173
05/18/07 06:28 PM
05/18/07 06:28 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I'm not big on WWE releases, but "The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection" was worth it. It's has 3 DVD's with about 10 hours of footage. Thankfully a lot of it is from before the 90's. It also has a bunch of his best matches in their entirety.

Re: Top 9 Dumbest Moments in Pro Wrestling History [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #394174
05/18/07 06:32 PM
05/18/07 06:32 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, the newly arrived "Outsiders", who are beating the crap out of everyone with baseball bats. Rey Mysterio Jr springboard jumps(!) into them, but is met with a bodyslam, neck-first, into a production van. Ouch.

Yeah, I remember that quite well. I haven't watched wrestling in awhile, but I never missed Nitro and Raw back in the 90's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull