GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Evita, Havana, 1 invisible), 69 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,178
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,893
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Here we go again... #387882
04/23/07 04:39 PM
04/23/07 04:39 PM
St. Louis
Ace_Reutzel Offline OP
Button
Ace_Reutzel  Offline OP
Button
St. Louis
http://www.ganglandnews.com/column.htm

Arpil 19th's column, "This Bud's for Junior" proves that the Feds are officially going after Jr. again. What does everyone think will happen this time?
Do you think Jr. has really "quit" the family? I just don't know. I guess we will see if the Jr. Don has the teflon as well.

Damn FBI don't respect nothin ;\)

-Ace

Last edited by Ace_Reutzel; 04/23/07 04:41 PM.

"There are things that have to be done and you do them and you never talk about them. You don`t try to justify them, they can`t be justified. You just do them. Then you forget it."
Re: Here we go again... [Re: Ace_Reutzel] #387917
04/23/07 06:04 PM
04/23/07 06:04 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
If they go after him again, it won't be until they have meticulously planned their case. They have nothing but time and money, they won't risk another embarrassing mistrial. If he's indicted again, I don't think it bodes well for him.

I, for one, don't think the feds will ever give him any peace. But if he wants to get himself off the radar he should at least make good on his promise to move away from the area.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Here we go again... [Re: pizzaboy] #388063
04/23/07 08:33 PM
04/23/07 08:33 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Life is funny. This is turning out to be a repeat of exactly what Junior's father went through. He kept "beating" the government. But they kept coming after him, and eventually they nailed him. The only difference here is that John Sr. went around bragging and boasting of how the government could not nail him. Junior on the other hand has pretty much kept a low profile since his last couple of trials.

Both Pizzaboy and Turnbull have correctly stated :

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Unless "Junior" has, in fact, secretly cooperated, the feds will NEVER be done with him. Their memories match the size of their wallets. They have nothing but time.

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Not that I have any sympathy for that gavone,but Junior could join a cloistered monastary and the Feds would still be after him.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Here we go again... [Re: Don Cardi] #388075
04/23/07 08:51 PM
04/23/07 08:51 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I know enough about law and lawyers to know that law is a competitive business. Lawyers will bend over backwards to settle out of court. But once a case goes to trial, the figure of merit isn't right or wrong, or even innocence or guilt--it's who wins and who loses. Judgeships, political offices, big law firm partnerships, are at stake.
I have absolutely no sympathy--none whatsoever--for Junior Gotti. But you can see that this is a situation where the hung juries in his earlier cases stung the prosecutors, and were a threat to their career plans. They'll give him no peace until they convict him. Now it's a personal vendetta, not "justice."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Here we go again... [Re: Turnbull] #388080
04/23/07 08:56 PM
04/23/07 08:56 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I know enough about law and lawyers to know that law is a competitive business. Lawyers will bend over backwards to settle out of court. But once a case goes to trial, the figure of merit isn't right or wrong, or even innocence or guilt--it's who wins and who loses. Judgeships, political offices, big law firm partnerships, are at stake.
I have absolutely no sympathy--none whatsoever--for Junior Gotti. But you can see that this is a situation where the hung juries in his earlier cases stung the prosecutors, and were a threat to their career plans. They'll give him no peace until they convict him. Now it's a personal vendetta, not "justice."

Wow! Just last week I was over a friends house, which btw was a wonderful evening, and he said the same exact thing to me. Someday I'd like to introduce the two of you to each other, although I wouldn't be surprised if you know him already.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull