GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 399 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,372
Posts1,059,532
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I wonder how Cicci got busted in II #387026
04/20/07 10:17 AM
04/20/07 10:17 AM
NY
B
Buttmunker Offline OP
Made Member
Buttmunker  Offline OP
B
Made Member
NY
I know that Cicci was, in I, the guy taking a shave while smoking, leaving the barbers smoking, waiting in the stairwell smoking, then finally blowing away one of the heads of the Five Families in a wazzit--turnstyle thing-y that goes round 'n round.

Cicci is also the one who approaches Tom and Tessio at the end of I and says Michael would go in his own car (Tessio: but that screws up all my arrangements!)

A fairly important member of the Corleone Family, up and rising. Apparently somewhere between I and II, he gets busted by the Feds, then testifies against Michael and the Corleone Family in II (yeah, there were a lotta buffas).

Crazy.

But what do you think Cicci got busted for? I mean, he betrayed not only the memory of Clemenza (who he apparently worked for before Clemenza died), but disgraced Frankie Five Angels (although Frankie Five Angels attempted to do the very same thing Cicci did).

Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: Buttmunker] #387079
04/20/07 03:43 PM
04/20/07 03:43 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
If Im not mistaken, he testified because Frankie testified. He obviously felt close to Frankie, and when the failed hit on him caused Frankie to testify, Willie followed.

Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: Buttmunker] #387081
04/20/07 03:50 PM
04/20/07 03:50 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Buttmunker

Apparently somewhere between I and II, he gets busted by the Feds, [/i]).

Crazy.

But what do you think Cicci got busted for?

I think that you have your timeline mixed up. Cicci came to Nevada with Pentangeli to Anthony's communion, "that was no heart attack," remember? ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: Don Cardi] #387156
04/20/07 07:29 PM
04/20/07 07:29 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
He may not have gotten busted. After the hit on Frankie and because he was apparently Frankie's right hand man, he may have felt he was vulnerable. So, he sought protection and turned state's evidence.

Last edited by olivant; 04/20/07 07:30 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: olivant] #387340
04/21/07 02:42 PM
04/21/07 02:42 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Cicci had been told to "wait in the car" by Frankie before the fateful meeting with the Rosatos at Richie's bar. After the cop busted up Frankie's murder, there was a shootout outside the bar. The last we saw of Cicci before the Senate hearing, he was shooting, probably had been shot, and was knocked over by a huge '57 Lincoln Capri. The man had been seriously hurt.
No doubt he was picked up by police on the scene, and could have been charged with a number of felonies that were related to the gunplay in that scene alone, never mind any crimes that might have been pending against him previously. But when Frankie turned state's evidence, Cicci (or more likely, his lawyer) would have figured out that the best thing for him would be to do likewise, rather than have to face charges related to the street shooting, or be implicated in anything Frankie was blabbing about.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: Turnbull] #387608
04/22/07 10:34 PM
04/22/07 10:34 PM
Pekin, IL
YoungDonVito Offline
Wiseguy
YoungDonVito  Offline
Wiseguy
Pekin, IL
I always wondered what happened to Cicci after he testified. Does he enter the witness protection program? Does he take his own life as Frankie does, or does he get murdered by the Corleone family? I thought about asking this before, but I guess this is the perfect time for it.

VITO CORLEONE (to Johnny, after glancing to see Sonny enter)

You spend time with your family?

JOHNNY

Sure I do.

VITO CORLEONE (to Johnny, but toward and about Sonny)

Good. 'Cause a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: YoungDonVito] #387663
04/22/07 11:25 PM
04/22/07 11:25 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It would almost have to be the WPP. Afterall, he flipped on national TV. Every hit man in the US would be looking for him. On the other hand, he may have been sent to prison.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: olivant] #387731
04/23/07 10:11 AM
04/23/07 10:11 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
He would not have lasted five minutes in prison. Willie was of limited use to the Feds because he never got a direct order from Michael Corleone to do anything illegal. The worst he could do was rat out Pentangeli who was one of the family's buffas. I think both he and Pentangeli got imuunity so they could get to Michael, and accordingly WIllie would have gone into the WPP.
Perhaps he took over that Pizza place in Buffalo.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: dontomasso] #387735
04/23/07 10:22 AM
04/23/07 10:22 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
The Witness Protection Program was established in 1970. The hearings were held ca. 1959-60. Cicci certainly would have gotten immunity to testify. After the hearings, he'd either be released to "go into the wind" on his own, or be sent to a prison in some secure and (relatively) comfortable wing or suite, as was Joe Valachi. He would have been dead real quick in general population but he could have survived, as Valachi did, in more secure surroundings. He, at least, stuck to his agreement with the Feds, and testified as he was supposed to. Maybe the Feds felt an obligation to protect him going forward. But, as dt said, he was of limited use to the Feds, and they might not have made any special efforts to protect him in prison. Sammy Da Bull Gravano, by contrast, probably got better protection in prison than the President gets in Washington--precisely because he was very useful to the Feds in ratting out other mobsters.

This leads to another interesting question: what would have happened to Pentangeli if he hadn't decided to kill himself? After breaking his agreement with the Feds on national TV (and thus embarrassing the FBI and the Senate), he'd have totally blown his credibility. He'd have been of absolutely no use to the Feds or anyone else in the law enforcement/political chain. So, there's no guarantee--in fact, no reason--that the government would have kept him in that pool-table-equipped suite on an Air Force base. I'm gussing that, eventually, they would have put him in prison, and not necessarily in a secure cell or wing.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: Turnbull] #387754
04/23/07 11:03 AM
04/23/07 11:03 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I agree, TB. Frankie had outlived his usefulness, and in a most embarrassing way. I think that Frankie probably had suicide on his mind long before Tom's visit, but wanted to make sure that his family would be taken care of.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: YoungDonVito] #387779
04/23/07 12:52 PM
04/23/07 12:52 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
 Originally Posted By: YoungDonVito
I always wondered what happened to Cicci after he testified.

I think he moved to Philadelphia and changed his name to Gazza. He became a small time loan shark. A fighter named Balboa worked for him. ;\) \:D

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: I wonder how Cicci got busted in II [Re: MaryCas] #387780
04/23/07 12:58 PM
04/23/07 12:58 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: MaryCas
 Originally Posted By: YoungDonVito
I always wondered what happened to Cicci after he testified.

I think he moved to Philadelphia and changed his name to Gazza. He became a small time loan shark. A fighter named Balboa worked for him. ;\) \:D

Are you sure about that?

I heard that he stayed in New York, changed his name to Munafo and became a Police Lt. And a detective named Deke Desilva worked for him. ;\) \:D

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull