GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 130 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,184
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,913
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: Buttmunker] #387020
04/20/07 09:46 AM
04/20/07 09:46 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
By III, I believe that both Kay and Michael came full circle in their own way.

Kay in the sense that she had reached a point where she went back to her original roots, but at the same time became 100% wise to the kind of person that Michael had become.

Michael in the sense that he became remorseful. He too went back to his roots which made him come to the realization that the road that he chose to take did not lead to the destination that he had fooled himself into believing that he would one day reach.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: ScarFather] #387786
04/23/07 01:20 PM
04/23/07 01:20 PM
ScarFather Offline OP
Capo
ScarFather  Offline OP
Capo
Wow... great stuff... enjoyed reading the responses...

I think it was a few things as well...

1. I'm with you now pop.
2. Watching Sonny as Don... he saw Sonny's inability to be reasonable as a weakness... not to mention his temper. Sonny - more muscle, common mafia hood(I got that from Kay LOL) than DON
3. I believe Michael in GF3 when he says he tried to protect the family from the horrors of the world. He was IMO. The shooting at him and Kay in their bed was something he could not avoid... Fredo.. too close... betrayal. Michael could never see that coming. Which is why he killed him... because it could have happened again and Michael could not see it coming.

"What I want.... whats most important to me... is that I have a guarantee" - Train approaches.... Bang! Bang! Bang!
Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: ScarFather] #389746
05/01/07 11:35 AM
05/01/07 11:35 AM
Huntsville, AL
FrankWhite Offline
Capo
FrankWhite  Offline
Capo
Huntsville, AL
I just had a conversation with a counterpart, and he had some very interesting (to me at least) insight... he believes that we start to see Michael's "morph" when he reads the newspaper about his father's shooting. I can definately see this view. Thoughts???

"From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn." (King of New York)
Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: FrankWhite] #389747
05/01/07 11:38 AM
05/01/07 11:38 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Good catch by your friend Frank.

I always noticed that the first time we see Michael's "eyes" is in that frame of him opening the newspaper. If it's true that the eyes are a window to the soul, your friend is right on the money.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: ScarFather] #390015
05/02/07 11:01 AM
05/02/07 11:01 AM
D
donjack Offline
Wiseguy
donjack  Offline
D
Wiseguy
At the hospital.

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: donjack] #390017
05/02/07 11:10 AM
05/02/07 11:10 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: donjack
At the hospital.

Care to elaborate?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: Don Cardi] #390086
05/02/07 01:14 PM
05/02/07 01:14 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: donjack
At the hospital.

Care to elaborate?

I can tell you with certainty it was not at the hospital where they went to see Genco in that cut scene.

Maybe it was when he ordered the nurse to move the bed....he got an adreniline rush out of having people do what he says, and from that moment on he wanted to be the boss.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: FrankWhite] #391436
05/07/07 09:27 PM
05/07/07 09:27 PM
ScarFather Offline OP
Capo
ScarFather  Offline OP
Capo
 Originally Posted By: FrankWhite
I just had a conversation with a counterpart, and he had some very interesting (to me at least) insight... he believes that we start to see Michael's "morph" when he reads the newspaper about his father's shooting. I can definately see this view. Thoughts???

My thoughts are.... you see "those eyes" when he tells Kay about Luca and the Bandleader... you do I swear LOL

"What I want.... whats most important to me... is that I have a guarantee" - Train approaches.... Bang! Bang! Bang!
Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: ScarFather] #391548
05/08/07 10:39 AM
05/08/07 10:39 AM
Huntsville, AL
FrankWhite Offline
Capo
FrankWhite  Offline
Capo
Huntsville, AL
 Originally Posted By: ScarFather
 Originally Posted By: FrankWhite

My thoughts are.... you see "those eyes" when he tells Kay about Luca and the Bandleader... you do I swear LOL

I really believe the eyes you see in this scene are eyes of embarrassment/shame.

"From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn." (King of New York)
Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: FrankWhite] #391549
05/08/07 10:49 AM
05/08/07 10:49 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Disbelief. Shock. His father had been shot and he did not know if he was dead or alive.

Don Cardi cool

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: Don Cardi] #391552
05/08/07 11:15 AM
05/08/07 11:15 AM
Huntsville, AL
FrankWhite Offline
Capo
FrankWhite  Offline
Capo
Huntsville, AL
oh, DC, I think you misunderstood. I was talking about the look when he was telling Kay of Luca and the bandleader. the good ol' "My family... not me" scene.

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: FrankWhite] #391554
05/08/07 11:23 AM
05/08/07 11:23 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
My mistake Frank. Sorry.

However I really don't know if he was sincerely embarrassed or was just putting on that look for Kay. I've always felt that his telling Kay that little story was a window for us to see who and what Michael really was deep down. A hint that he WAS indeeed really a Corleone. It was almost as if he was trying to impress her but at the same time make her believe that it was his family and not him. I think that underneath the surface Michael really got off on what his family was and who his father was. And even he didn't realize it himself at that time. Let's face it, at first Michael fooled himself into thinking that he was not like his family. Then when he became a part of his family, he began to trick himself into thinking that he could legitimize the family. But instead he became more and more of a common mafia hood, only pretending to be this legitimate businessman.

I think that he was trying to impress Kay with that story.

Don Cardi cool

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: Don Cardi] #391557
05/08/07 11:30 AM
05/08/07 11:30 AM
Huntsville, AL
FrankWhite Offline
Capo
FrankWhite  Offline
Capo
Huntsville, AL
Oh ok... no problem. Good point as well. He may have, very well, been trying to impress Kay at that point. Heck, i think this was impressive to him, as well. Before this time, it's clear taht Mike was rebelling against the family completely (being a soldier, getting with Kay, etc.). So... hmmmm... could this, very well, have been when Mike starts to change as ScarFather mentioned??? interesting POV

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: FrankWhite] #391560
05/08/07 11:41 AM
05/08/07 11:41 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I don't think that he was begining to change at that point. It has always been my belief that his change occurred when he was standing outside that hospital and scared off the hitmen. I believe that at that point the real Michael, who had been buried away deep down inside of himself, had finally emerged, and he saw it himself. And his being hit by McClusky only served to advance his true inner self to emergance.

He was a Corleone at heart, and the one most like his father. That is why I believe that he was rebellious at a young age. He, like his father, had a mind of his own. He like his father, would do things his way. And after his father was shot, and the family threatened, we see him convince his bother, Tom and the capos to do things his way. ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: Don Cardi] #391564
05/08/07 11:49 AM
05/08/07 11:49 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Really, does Michael ever change and from what to what? As DC says, he was a Corleone at heart and was rebellious. He had the genes. Perhaps he was deluding himself by telling Kay that that's his family, not him. In fact, why would he tell Kay anything unless he was proud of it? He was a Corleone , but wanted to do things his own way according to his own schedule.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: olivant] #391572
05/08/07 12:04 PM
05/08/07 12:04 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

At the end of Michael's conversation with Carlo his tone changes pretty rapidly when he tells him "Get out of my sight." I don't think Vito would have displayed a temper like that

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: dontomasso] #391573
05/08/07 12:15 PM
05/08/07 12:15 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: dontomasso
At the end of Michael's conversation with Carlo his tone changes pretty rapidly when he tells him "Get out of my sight." I don't think Vito would have displayed a temper like that

Vito may not have displayed an "emotion" like that. But the point is that out of Sonny, Fredo and Michael, it was Michael who inherited most of his father's traits.

Sonny had Vito's trait in that he had a fondness for his family, a love for family.

Fredo had Vito's warm heart.

But Michael had Vito's cunning, had his manipulative ways, his patience, and his strong will. He was calculative like Vito. Like Vito he had the mind and the smarts to analyze a person and a situation. The one thing that Vito had that Michael did not have was a warm heart.

You cannot deny that Michael was like Vito in many different ways. More so than the other boys.

Don Cardi cool

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: Don Cardi] #391583
05/08/07 01:18 PM
05/08/07 01:18 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Vito may not have displayed an "emotion" like that. But the point is that out of Sonny, Fredo and Michael, it was Michael who inherited most of his father's traits.

Sonny had Vito's trait in that he had a fondness for his family, a love for family.

Fredo had Vito's warm heart.

But Michael had Vito's cunning, had his manipulative ways, his patience, and his strong will. He was calculative like Vito. Like Vito he had the mind and the smarts to analyze a person and a situation. The one thing that Vito had that Michael did not have was a warm heart.

You cannot deny that Michael was like Vito in many different ways. More so than the other boys.

Exactly. Vito could get angry; Sonny inherited a propensity for anger. Vito was warm-hearted; Fredo was, also. Vito was intelligent, cunning, and manipulative. So was Michael. Of course, Vito had all of these characteristics which he used opportunely. The sons had only some of them which tended to dominate their actions.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: donjack] #395441
05/23/07 06:34 PM
05/23/07 06:34 PM
Toronto, Canada
UnderBoss Offline
Capo
UnderBoss  Offline
Capo
Toronto, Canada
There is an amazing subtly about his transformation IMO, it's my thesis that Michael is a powder keg of Corleone waiting to go off. I.e. he was either in completly or out, there was no in between and that is Michael's amazing quality his persistance and dedication. Back on topic, when visiting Genco (cut out scene), Vito explains that he should finish college but he has plans, Al Pacino, IMO, acts amazingly here and doesn't say a word but expresses disapproval and hesitation and unease here, including respect for Genco's condition and his father. You know if Vito wasn't Vito, he would say "no way buddy". It's true he ALWAYS had it in him, there is no doubt. He was always calm and cool and in the know, he just showed his amazing capacity when the match was thrown by having his father shot.

This all out or in quality about Michael was why he didn't want any part of it, he was absolutly resistant. Michael is proud and wanted to do everything on his terms, but he decided to come in when Vito was shot. This quality is kinda like being a control freak in a sense and is IMO why he has every tom dick and harry whacked that hint at crossing him.

Re: When does Michael start to change? [Re: dontomasso] #395447
05/23/07 06:54 PM
05/23/07 06:54 PM
ScarFather Offline OP
Capo
ScarFather  Offline OP
Capo

Michael now knew that Carlo had his brother killed. That reaction is normal I would think.

You say Vito would have never displayed that temper(emotion)?... Well... he never had that happen to him(lose a brother)....

Oh wait... yes he did...

A Young Vito displays a "temper like that" right after cutting open Don Ciccio(man who killed his brother, father and mother).

These reactions by young Vito and Michael are somewhat parallel in more ways than one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull