GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TheKillingJoke, 1 invisible), 295 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,206
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,520
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,390
Posts1,060,005
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Paolo Andolini #385302
04/15/07 07:13 PM
04/15/07 07:13 PM
Southampton, England
DonPacino Offline OP
Don'Scarface' Pacino
DonPacino  Offline OP
Don'Scarface' Pacino
Capo
Southampton, England
If Paolo had not been murdered but Antonio and thier mother had been do you think the two brothers would have started a family in Sicily, or moved to America together? Maybe the Andolini family and Paolo as don with Vito as underboss? I think I can remember hearing that Genco's family were friends with the Andolini's in Sicily so Genco would be consigliere to Paolo? Or they moved to New York worked as low time enforcers to Fanucci? I would think that Paolo was ruthless like Michael so he would rise to be Fanucci's bodyguard and then stab him in the back. Do you think differently?

Re: Paolo Andolini [Re: DonPacino] #385383
04/15/07 08:46 PM
04/15/07 08:46 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: DonPacino
If Paolo had not been murdered but Antonio and thier mother had been do you think the two brothers would have started a family in Sicily, or moved to America together? Maybe the Andolini family and Paolo as don with Vito as underboss? I think I can remember hearing that Genco's family were friends with the Andolini's in Sicily so Genco would be consigliere to Paolo? Or they moved to New York worked as low time enforcers to Fanucci? I would think that Paolo was ruthless like Michael so he would rise to be Fanucci's bodyguard and then stab him in the back. Do you think differently?

Vito's ascendency to premier Don of the Nation's underworld was incipient with his experience with Fanucci. There was no predilection on the part of the Andolini boys to engage in an underworld career. Their father was murdered because he stood up to the local Mafiosi; his son was murdered becauase the Mafiosi feared he would seek revenge. Many of Sicily's males have eneded up dead because of vendetta that have nothing to do with the Mafia. As the novel says, it's quite possible that had Vito not encountered Fanucci, he would have ended up as a grocer.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Paolo Andolini [Re: olivant] #385388
04/15/07 08:54 PM
04/15/07 08:54 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
There is nothing in that scene that suggests that the Andolini family had enough clout to challenge Don Ciccio, best him, and establish a Mafia family. If anything, the scene suggests that they were victims of the kind of vicious violence that the Mafia perpetrated on ordinary peasants in Sicily at that time.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Paolo Andolini [Re: Turnbull] #385714
04/16/07 07:16 PM
04/16/07 07:16 PM
ScarFather Offline
Capo
ScarFather  Offline
Capo
 Originally Posted By: Turnbull
There is nothing in that scene that suggests that the Andolini family had enough clout to challenge Don Ciccio, best him, and establish a Mafia family. If anything, the scene suggests that they were victims of the kind of vicious violence that the Mafia perpetrated on ordinary peasants in Sicily at that time.

But Paolo swore revenge and if successful he could have been catapulted into the Don-ship of Corleone. His father was already gutsy to go up against Ciccio. The apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

"What I want.... whats most important to me... is that I have a guarantee" - Train approaches.... Bang! Bang! Bang!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull