GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 312 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,982
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,356
Posts1,059,114
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Find Me Guilty #384759
04/13/07 08:12 PM
04/13/07 08:12 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline OP
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline OP
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Has anyone else seen the movie "Find me Guilty"? If so, what did you think of it? I was very surprised! I had seen it sitting on the shelves of Blockbuster for a long time but kept passing it up. I finally rented it based on a friends recommendation and I really enjoyed it! I know it's more of a "court room drama" that it is a typical mob movie, but I like how it's a true story about the government trying to take down a group of gangsters.

Most surprising to me, and this is why I enjoyed it so much, was Vin Diesel. I am normally not a fan of his because he always acts, looks, and sounds too cool. But it barely looks like him in this movie, and his acting is great! There are a lot of parts that had me laughing, as well as feeling sorry for him (Which I always find funny since I know that they are horrible mobsters, but I still get attached to them).

I would love to know what anyone else thought of it, and if you haven't then I would really recommend it if you're in the mood for a court room drama based on the mob.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: Blibbleblabble] #385205
04/15/07 12:04 PM
04/15/07 12:04 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Its a good solid movie from the great legend Sidney Lumet, proving that 80+ year old son of a bitch can still cut the mustard with people 60 years younger than him.

My problem is just the abrupt editing transitions, which obviously came from when the movie was cut to bits in post-production.

But other-wise, you had really a good true story: A grade school-dropout mobster that's already facing 20+ years in jail for coke, fighting with his back to the wall to maybe survive outside of prison before he croaks someday. What's more, after he moves off from entertaining the jury, he actually pokes serious holes into the government's case like a good lawyer should.

Yet, the ending...

Warning, Spoiler:
...he wins and gets his former associates off, but do his "friends" do after he basically helps them avoid jail-time? They wave bye and run off while the middle-aged Diesel has to go back to jail. That affected me.

FIND ME GUILTY (2006) - ***

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 04/15/07 12:04 PM.
Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #385390
04/15/07 08:56 PM
04/15/07 08:56 PM
East Bay
Poo-tee-weet?
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Yeah, that bothered me a little as well. I almost think it was because he had a sense of pride and felt good about himself by doing the right thing and sticking by his friends. I'm not sure there was much his friends could have done really. But I understand your feeling for the ending.

I still enjoyed the movie but don't get me wrong, I wouldn't rank it anywhere near my top favorites, but it was definitely a surprise since I had heard nothing about it and had no expectations at all.

Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: Blibbleblabble] #386742
04/19/07 01:32 PM
04/19/07 01:32 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
It was an okay movie, I watched it once and I'd be fine not seeing it again.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #386804
04/19/07 04:28 PM
04/19/07 04:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Its a good solid movie from the great legend Sidney Lumet, proving that 80+ year old son of a bitch can still cut the mustard with people 60 years younger than him.

My problem is just the abrupt editing transitions, which obviously came from when the movie was cut to bits in post-production.

But other-wise, you had really a good true story: A grade school-dropout mobster that's already facing 20+ years in jail for coke, fighting with his back to the wall to maybe survive outside of prison before he croaks someday. What's more, after he moves off from entertaining the jury, he actually pokes serious holes into the government's case like a good lawyer should.

Yet, the ending...

Warning, Spoiler:
...he wins and gets his former associates off, but do his "friends" do after he basically helps them avoid jail-time? They wave bye and run off while the middle-aged Diesel has to go back to jail. That affected me.

Well, it's a true story, would you expect anything else from those guys ?

I know where you're coming from, but it wasn't like a real life sports movie produced by Disney where you could just fudge the ending just a little bit, for the sake of entertainment. It was a gangster movie, actually a court room dramedy, the material didn't really allow for poetic license.

As far as the movie, it was a nice surprise, Lumet's a champ.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: pizzaboy] #387259
04/21/07 02:27 AM
04/21/07 02:27 AM
East Bay
Poo-tee-weet?
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Exactly Pizzaboy, I wouldn't say this movie will change your life by watching it or anything, but if you have no prior opinion going into it, it is a nice surprise. And when you throw in that true-story aspect, it makes it a little more interesting.

I guess if it were typical Hollywood movie the truth would be exaggerated and Diesel would have won the case, and the judge would have let him out of prison because he was so good in court. Then the movie would have went on for another half an hour showing how he had won the respect of the other gangsters including the boss who would step aside and make Diesel the new Boss, leading to a Godfather type moment of the mob guys kissing his hand, etc....

Blah, I prefer the truth.

Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: Blibbleblabble] #387312
04/21/07 11:15 AM
04/21/07 11:15 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Blah, I prefer the truth.

Well, the truth is that Jackie Dinorscio was released from prison a few years ago and passed away during the filming of this movie. He was relatively young, early 60's I think. That guy was a real piece of work.

You should read THE BOYS FROM NEW JERSEY, by Robert Rudolph, for an in depth look at the case.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: pizzaboy] #387321
04/21/07 12:38 PM
04/21/07 12:38 PM
East Bay
Poo-tee-weet?
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
I'll have to check it out, thanks for the suggestion.

Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: pizzaboy] #388368
04/24/07 08:26 PM
04/24/07 08:26 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Yet, the ending...

Warning, Spoiler:

Well, it's a true story, would you expect anything else from those guys ?

I know where you're coming from, but it wasn't like a real life sports movie produced by Disney where you could just fudge the ending just a little bit, for the sake of entertainment. It was a gangster movie, actually a court room dramedy, the material didn't really allow for poetic license.

As far as the movie, it was a nice surprise, Lumet's a champ.

Actually, its the ending of FIND ME GUILTY that I dig. I mean, the normal Hollywood movie would try to make us damn depressed audiences(since you have shallow movies made just to make you feel good. I'll save my 8 bucks and get valium) happy with a gift-wrapped smiling conclusion that would have been stupid.

I just dig the ending of FIND ME GUILTY because, what did Vin Diesel's character win? Maybe get to get out of jail before he died? Cynically, he didn't win anything, but in fact he did.

You remember Sonny Crockett's "I Fought the Law"(made famous by covers from Fuller and The Clash)?

Diesel's character fought the Law...and the Law won....for him. He beat the government, represented by lawyers and prosecutors who went to the expensive universities and law schools, while Diesel's character had barely a grade school education and poked holes in their case(since that whole prosecution, the government apparently hoped the massive overload of circumstantial evidence would overwhelm the jury and get the guilty verdicts that they wanted. It backfired.)

Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #392963
05/14/07 12:01 PM
05/14/07 12:01 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I watched this last night and was mighty impressed. I've never been a Vin Diesel fan...but he put in a rather exceptional performance in this film. I don't think Sidney Lumet knows HOW to make a bad movie.

The "butcher joke" had me laughing out loud.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: XDCX] #392969
05/14/07 12:32 PM
05/14/07 12:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: XDCX
I watched this last night and was mighty impressed. I've never been a Vin Diesel fan...but he put in a rather exceptional performance in this film. I don't think Sidney Lumet knows HOW to make a bad movie.

Jackie DiNorscio really did use that joke in court! It's now forever a piece of the public record.

Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: XDCX] #396007
05/26/07 09:22 AM
05/26/07 09:22 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: XDCX

Sadly, Lumet has been tied down with stinkers before. GLORIA for starters...

Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #405991
06/24/07 10:23 AM
06/24/07 10:23 AM
Connecticut
finsnasty84 Offline
Button
finsnasty84  Offline
Button
Connecticut
Yea I felt it was a good movie to watch. Not neccasarily a great movie, but it was funny, and hadsome good elements to it. Vin Diesel was actually very good in it.

gdfella
Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: Blibbleblabble] #475325
02/23/08 08:56 PM
02/23/08 08:56 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Has anyone else seen the movie "Find me Guilty"? If so, what did you think of it? I was very surprised! I had seen it sitting on the shelves of Blockbuster for a long time but kept passing it up. I finally rented it based on a friends recommendation and I really enjoyed it! I know it's more of a "court room drama" that it is a typical mob movie, but I like how it's a true story about the government trying to take down a group of gangsters.

Most surprising to me, and this is why I enjoyed it so much, was Vin Diesel. I am normally not a fan of his because he always acts, looks, and sounds too cool. But it barely looks like him in this movie, and his acting is great! There are a lot of parts that had me laughing, as well as feeling sorry for him (Which I always find funny since I know that they are horrible mobsters, but I still get attached to them).

I would love to know what anyone else thought of it, and if you haven't then I would really recommend it if you're in the mood for a court room drama based on the mob.

I finally got around to seeing this movie the other night. I enjoyed it. And I agree with all that you said in your post Blibble. I too have never been a real Vin Diesel fan, but I happen to think that he did a really decent and convincing job in this movie. While the out of court scenes were probably created and written for dramtic effect, the testimony in the court scenes themselves was taken from actual real life testimony and court transcripts.

I thought it was a fun movie to watch. Alex Rocco was an SOB in it, huh?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: Don Cardi] #516882
10/22/08 11:54 PM
10/22/08 11:54 PM
East Bay
Poo-tee-weet?
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
How did I miss your post DC? I'm glad you enjoyed it! I would actually like to give this movie a re-watch to see if it sticks with me as well as the first time I watched it.

Re: Find Me Guilty [Re: Blibbleblabble] #530594
02/02/09 02:52 PM
02/02/09 02:52 PM
K
Kalashnikov Offline
Associate
Kalashnikov  Offline
K
Associate
Storyline has potential but the cast was pathetic (Vin Diesel = A BIG No No)

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull