GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 336 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,674
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: SC] #384433
04/12/07 06:13 PM
04/12/07 06:13 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Yes...oh shit, he got out of our grasps again. Lets get his underlings processed.

Book'em Danno.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #384434
04/12/07 06:22 PM
04/12/07 06:22 PM
Detroit
ap_capone48101 Offline
Arsenal for the Double
ap_capone48101  Offline
Arsenal for the Double
Capo
Detroit
I cant wait to hear what O & A say about this tomorrow.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: ap_capone48101] #384436
04/12/07 06:27 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
All I know is, Imus wont be pissing and moaning about his ranch anymore.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: goombah] #384437
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: goombah
I wrote earlier in this thread that I didn't feel that Imus' comment was racist. I must not keep up on my racially derogatory terms because I had never heard the reference he used before this controversy. Since the reference is racially biased, I amend my previous point and am glad to see what he received.

But what gets me is the double standard in this country. Stuart Scott, an African-American sports commentator on ESPN, was on Mike & Mike's morning show yesterday. He contended that when rappers use the "n-word" or refer to women as "bitches" or "ho's" in songs, that is perfectly acceptable.

Bullshit! If it is offensive when a white person says any of those words to a person of the other race, it is offensive when any person says those words. Period. I cannot stand it when I am in my city at lunch or out and about when I hear one African-American call another a "n-word." It is completely hypocritical that such a hateful word when uttered by some can somehow be construed as a term of "affection," as Stuart Scott contended.

I'd like to see Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, and some of these others who decry racism in all instances, not just when it's convenient.

Good point. And why did he say that? Well, because he is black also. It's natural for peole to make excuses for transgressions by those with whom they have an affinity, a characteristic or two like race. But that doesn't make it right.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: goombah] #384471
04/12/07 09:00 PM
04/12/07 09:00 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands

But what gets me is the double standard in this country. ....when rappers use the "n-word" or refer to women as "bitches" or "ho's" in songs, that is perfectly acceptable.

Bullshit! If it is offensive when a white person says any of those words to a person of the other race, it is offensive when any person says those words.

I'm not defending Imus, but Goombah I agree. To take it further, it is acceptable for minority comedians to make fun of whites, but the reverse is not true.

But back on topic. CBS blew a chance to collaborate with Imus to change the decay in American media - the degrogatory, desparaging commentary that flows from our TV and radios. We need a kinder, gentiler society; not one that constantly insults and degrades people.

CBS dumped Imus for one reason - money. Their sponsors were pulling out.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: MaryCas] #384475
04/12/07 09:37 PM
04/12/07 09:37 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Yeah, and Lizza Lampanelli too, for insulting and trashing every group in a club act.

"Hey blackman, your Jew landlord is here!"

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: SC] #384476
04/12/07 09:58 PM
04/12/07 09:58 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
 Originally Posted By: SC
OK, thats out of the way now (and maybe rightly so). NOW that house is being cleaned, we take Al Sharpton to task for his role in the Tawana Brawley mess.

We should only live so long.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #384478
04/12/07 10:08 PM
04/12/07 10:08 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
All I know is, Imus wont be pissing and moaning about his ranch anymore.

Let us hope that you never know a kid that comes down with cancer then Ronnie.

Both CBS and CNBC could have waited till after his fund raising days were done this week.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: fathersson] #384481
04/12/07 10:14 PM
04/12/07 10:14 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
What is that supposed to mean? I was only refering, which was I have to admit already mentioned on this thread, how Imus would talk about the same things on his show...like his ranch(and no I wasn't refering to the cancer kid thing. More like how Leno would used to do Clinton and O.J. murder jokes nightly years after years).

To be honest, I'm surprised they actually pulled the trigger on Imus. I figured he would get slapped and screwed around like a rag doll, and forced to eat humble pie...several pies...

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #384483
04/12/07 10:28 PM
04/12/07 10:28 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
What is that supposed to mean? I was only refering, which was I have to admit already mentioned on this thread, how Imus would talk about the same things on his show...like his ranch(and no I wasn't refering to the cancer kid thing. More like how Leno would used to do Clinton and O.J. murder jokes nightly years after years).

To be honest, I'm surprised they actually pulled the trigger on Imus. I figured he would get slapped and screwed around like a rag doll, and forced to eat humble pie...several pies...

Sorry, we are now boycotting you for being insensitive to those poor kids and we are also calling for Geoff to pull you off these boards forever.

Get my drift? ;\)

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: fathersson] #384499
04/12/07 11:32 PM
04/12/07 11:32 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Insensitive?!?! I only intended that post for comedy....

Wait, that didn't work for Imus.

I helped tie the shoes of a kid in elementary school that wet his bed at night. I helped a pathological liar keep his lies straight. I once carried a kid to a doctor appointment because he suffered from "Lazy Ass."

I help people! ;\)

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #384516
04/13/07 01:49 AM
04/13/07 01:49 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I help people too.

I once helped a non-crippled guy across the strreet.

I gave a dollar to a woman wearing a full-length mink stole.

And I once forgave someone who hadn't done anyhting.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: olivant] #384533
04/13/07 07:24 AM
04/13/07 07:24 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: olivant
I help people too.

I once helped a non-crippled guy across the strreet.

I gave a dollar to a woman wearing a full-length mink stole.

And I once forgave someone who hadn't done anyhting.

This has to be the funniest post I've read in awhile.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: goombah] #384558
04/13/07 09:20 AM
04/13/07 09:20 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

I wrote earlier in this thread that I didn't feel that Imus' comment was racist. I must not keep up on my racially derogatory terms because I had never heard the reference he used before this controversy. Since the reference is racially biased, I amend my previous point and am glad to see what he received.

But what gets me is the double standard in this country. Stuart Scott, an African-American sports commentator on ESPN, was on Mike & Mike's morning show yesterday. He contended that when rappers use the "n-word" or refer to women as "bitches" or "ho's" in songs, that is perfectly acceptable.

Bullshit! If it is offensive when a white person says any of those words to a person of the other race, it is offensive when any person says those words. Period. I cannot stand it when I am in my city at lunch or out and about when I hear one African-American call another a "n-word." It is completely hypocritical that such a hateful word when uttered by some can somehow be construed as a term of "affection," as Stuart Scott contended.

I'd like to see Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, and some of these others who decry racism in all instances, not just when it's convenient.

Total applause for your post, Goombah. ;\)

I turned on FoxNews yesterday, and this black dude (is that racist?) on the O'Reilly Factor called Imus a superracist. When the guest host (not sure who she was, filled in for O'Reilly) asked whether we haven't been desensitized to words like "ni**er" and "ho's" (which I also didn't realize was a racial term), and whether Imus was just mimicking popular culture, the guy responded by saying that Imus isn't a 5 year old child and shouldn't repeat what he hears.

When she asked why then rappers like Ludacris and others use "ni**er" profusely, he then proceeded to blame it on the slaveowners and white America.

Does this mean rappers (read: blacks) are acting like 5 year old children?

There was also this guy from the Black Panthers on FoxNews last night who claimed white America fucked over the black community again after the verdict in the Duke lacrosse trial. Yeah. Tawana Brawley still hasn't gotten justice by the way.

God, if I believed even half the shit that is spewed out of these peoples mouths, I think, collectively, as a race, we white people should just jump off a fucking bridge to save humanity. \:p

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Double-J] #384562
04/13/07 09:40 AM
04/13/07 09:40 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: Double-J
[quote=goombah]God, if I believed even half the shit that is spewed out of these peoples mouths, I think, collectively, as a race, we white people should just jump off a fucking bridge to save humanity. \:p

I'm thinking that's what they're hoping.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Beth E] #384633
04/13/07 01:50 PM
04/13/07 01:50 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
About 12:37 PM CST I was watching MSNBC during which the host and guests were discussing this damn Imus thing. So, I had a thought. On my remote I punched in 55 which is the BET network. There they were, a bunch of half-naked black chicks undulating on the screen; there they were, a bunch of thug-looking black guys speaking almost unaudibly, but in a derogatory way about women thank God for close-captioning).

Just a random access on my part this one day, this one time. But, I bet, if I randomly punch 55 on my remote a few more times today (you can do it too), I will find the same crap. Where's the outrage Jesse? Where's the outrage Al?outrage

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: olivant] #384678
04/13/07 04:52 PM
04/13/07 04:52 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Ollie - You fail to see that as long as its black guys tearing down black or white men and women, it's perfectly acceptable.

But whitey?

Holy shit. Race war.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Snake] #384701
04/13/07 05:29 PM
04/13/07 05:29 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
 Originally Posted By: Snake

And, sorry, but I don't buy into Snoop Dog's rationalization. In fact, his take on it is far more demeaning to blacks and women than anything Imus said

I think Snoop's logic was that when Imus calls nice sportwomen "hos", it's sexist (and racist witht he nappy part). But when rappers call women "hos", it's because they ARE hos, whether they be black or white or somewhere inbetwen.

I think?

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Saladbar] #384703
04/13/07 05:35 PM
04/13/07 05:35 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Its like that Chris Rock stand-up story. You have black girls that dance and get groovy to lyrics like "Slap Her with your Dick! Slap Her with your Dick!". Lets just say, Rock advises us that they are rather "lewd." ;\)

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Saladbar] #384704
04/13/07 05:38 PM
04/13/07 05:38 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Time to tackle the real problem
Friday, April 13, 2007
CORMAC GORDON

OK, so they got Don Imus.

The big bosses at MSNBC and CBS shoved him right under the bus, quicker than you can say, "Sponsor cancellations."

And that's fine, as far as it goes.

Imus took a chance.

He made some nasty statements.

People were rightfully offended.

The Rev. Al Sharpton declared that what Imus said when discussing the Rutgers women's basketball team would not stand.

"We cannot afford a precedent established that the airwaves can commercialize and mainstream sexism and racism," he said.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson agreed with him.

So did the Congressional Black Caucus.

So did a lot of walking-around, nobody-special American citizens everywhere from Hylan Boulevard to Sunset Strip.

Because of all the pressure -- and there was plenty of it from people like Democratic presidential candidate Barak Obama to sponsors like Procter & Gamble Co. -- the bosses said enough is enough.

They canned Imus yesterday afternoon.

Kaput!

"You're gone."

That's how simple it is to decide who gets on the American airwaves when you are in charge of international, multi-media empires.

Imus can pack up his entourage over at the WFAN studios now. He'll move on to pay radio, I'm guessing.

Or -- and you would only hope he'd be this smart -- he can take his millions and retire quietly to wherever he chooses to and live a life.

THE HARD PART

But now that Imus is gone comes the hard part, as far I'm concerned.

That would be making something positive out of the entire, ugly, overblown episode.

The only way that will happen is if those same bosses at CBS and MSNBC, and those same leaders like Sharpton and Jackson and the Congressional Black Caucus, stand up and tell the truth.

That truth is this:

Don Imus may have been part of the debasing of American pop culture, but he was nowhere near as important in the downhill slide as a lot of other people.

I'm talking about those folks who write and produce and perform and market anti-Semitic rap, and put together misogynistic music videos.

They make movies that glorify violence and dehumanize women. They fill television and radio with junk that any serious professional psychologist or educator will tell you is having a negative effect on young people in this country.

You know that's the case.

I know it.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson certainly know it.

THE MONEY

The people who run international, multi-media empires not only know of it, they are getting even richer than they already were from it.
Keep this in mind. Several different reports yesterday put the revenue generated by the "Imus Show" at $20 million last year.

Wall Street people say that is just 1 percent of what the CBS radio division alone does in sales. I guess that what people meant when they put the word "Big" into big business.)

Still, pop culture in America is like the 800-pound Gorilla in the room.

And that goes for blacks as well as whites. Few are willing to even acknowledge a problem exists, never mind trying their hand at changing the direction even a little.

Why?

Money and power are reasons.

But so is lack of courage.

How are you going to get JayZ's support on this or that issue if you go around slamming his product? How could you expect Snoop Dogg to answer your calls if you started telling Americans his music is a problem for their kids?

That's the problem.

But just think what could happen if everyone showed just a little more nerve?

We're not talking about calling for censorship of this or restricting of that. This isn't about protest marches and boycotts, either.

But what if Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson stood up and said that racist music is hurting kids. And that black mothers and fathers should at least try to keep it out of the house?

What if they said it all the time, and named names? What if, miracle of miracles, they actually went after one of the worst offenders?

Just to make a point?

Don't you think that would change things a little?

And what if the bosses at CBS and MSNBC said that the kind of stuff Imus has been getting away with on the radio is a thing of the past. That entertainers will just have to try and find another way to get laughs?

And what if they acted like they meant it?

That would also have to have an effect, wouldn't you say? I guess what I'm saying is, what if everyone with the power to make real difference shows a little collective bravery for once?

Wouldn't that be worth something?

Because if nothing comes of the last week then the whacking of Don Imus was just another somewhat tasteless pop culture media moment.

===========================================================

With all the back and forth that's been going on in the news, on these talk shows, the different opinons, etc. I thought that this writer summed it up pretty well.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Don Cardi] #384706
04/13/07 05:43 PM
04/13/07 05:43 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Lets ban Hip-Hop.

Come on, its not gonna happen...and despite what many old people on these boards think, you know what the effect of the music and "degrading" will have on people?

Nothing.

Remember that hippie music shit in the 1960s, with its glorification of narcotics and defying authority? What was the effect on those same old people anyway? For the most part, they were with the times, but grew out of it. We all do.

Now anti-semitic lyrics, that shit shouldn't stand though.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Don Cardi] #384712
04/13/07 06:04 PM
04/13/07 06:04 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
DC:

I'm afraid that your last sentence is a vision of the future.

Last edited by olivant; 04/13/07 06:05 PM.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Don Cardi] #384713
04/13/07 06:06 PM
04/13/07 06:06 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I love it how people are actually saying rap is degrading.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #384716
04/13/07 06:11 PM
04/13/07 06:11 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
The latest fallout: the Governor of NJ was in a severe car accident on his way to a meeting with Imus and the Rutgers team. He was very badly injured, with numerous broken bones, and his broken leg required surgery (and will require two more over the next few days). He's also on a breathing tube until he can breathe on his own.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #384724
04/13/07 06:33 PM
04/13/07 06:33 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
That poor man. I hope he will be ok.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Saladbar] #384728
04/13/07 06:39 PM
04/13/07 06:39 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: Saladbar
 Originally Posted By: Snake

And, sorry, but I don't buy into Snoop Dog's rationalization. In fact, his take on it is far more demeaning to blacks and women than anything Imus said

I think Snoop's logic was that when Imus calls nice sportwomen "hos", it's sexist (and racist witht he nappy part). But when rappers call women "hos", it's because they ARE hos, whether they be black or white or somewhere inbetwen.

I think?

So then let's call a spade a spade. If I use the word n.igger, its because that person IS a n.igger, whether they be black or white or somewhere in between.

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #384729
04/13/07 06:40 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
The latest fallout: the Governor of NJ was in a severe car accident on his way to a meeting with Imus and the Rutgers team. He was very badly injured, with numerous broken bones, and his broken leg required surgery (and will require two more over the next few days). He's also on a breathing tube until he can breathe on his own.

The Black Panthers strike again!

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #384730
NY
NYC Goodfella Offline
Button
NYC Goodfella  Offline
Button
NY
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I love it how people are actually saying rap is degrading.

I listen to rap music. I like a lot of rap songs. I don't think that it's fair to generalize rap music as a whole as being degrading. It's like saying that because of what Imus did all radio personalities degrade woman or are racists. People shouldn't generalize like that. At the same time you cannot deny that some rap artists degrade woman. There are rap artists out there that do not degrade woman and there are rap artists that do degrade woman in their songs.

A CowArd Dies a 1000 deaths, a Soldier dies but Once
Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: NYC Goodfella] #384732
04/13/07 06:44 PM
04/13/07 06:44 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Where is Patrick? Isn't he our resident Tupac philosopher?

Re: End of line for Imus ? [Re: Double-J] #384733
04/13/07 06:45 PM
04/13/07 06:45 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: Double-J
Where is Patrick? Isn't he our resident Tupac philosopher?

You mean six-pack philosopher. \:p

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull