GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 60 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,759
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ridiculous..... #27048
10/12/03 06:52 AM
10/12/03 06:52 AM
Austin, Texas
jay Offline OP
Made Member
jay  Offline OP
Made Member
Austin, Texas
guys, i just watched the bonus dvd this weekend. i rented just the bonus dvd (which i didn't think possible). anyway, a couple scenes i can understand why they'd cut it....but a few of them...i was like....what the hell were they thinking!!!!!!!
i thought the whole sonny's reaction thing....when he gets the call at his place his father has been shot, tells his mom, calls luca....important information. also, under "michael gets involved"....ridiculous. why did they cut that....when he says "he's my father too" and "it can't be clemenza" or something like that. fannuci's attack needed to be in there, because that scene made me understand why he killed fannuci more easily.
basically there were a lot of scenes that should be have been in there. ridiculous. i actually liked the alternate beginning to godfather three better than the actual beginning. that's just me, though....reminded me just of godfather part I....which was neat.
oh, why did they cut the scene where he says it's okay for his niece to get married...that was a good scene. or genco's death, or fabrizio's. ridiculous. anywhoo...i've ranted now. i guess the godfather dvd collection is a must.

if wishes were horses, beggars would ride
Re: ridiculous..... #27049
10/12/03 10:54 AM
10/12/03 10:54 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves
It would be great if they would have reinserted those scenes in the DVD, and made it available to watch with or without them. ohwell

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: ridiculous..... #27050
10/12/03 11:06 AM
10/12/03 11:06 AM
antPhoenix Offline
Made Member
antPhoenix  Offline
Made Member
Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
It would be great if they would have reinserted those scenes in the DVD, and made it available to watch with or without them. ohwell
I've thought the exact same thing.

I LOVED the part in "Michael gets involved" where he utters "not Clemenza...! I don't believe it..." Pacino shows such a sense of panic and disbelief, it's really incredible.

I also liked the scene with Neri and Klingman, the scene with Franchesca and Gardner, the ones with Sonny following Vito's shooting, and the one in which young Vito kills Don Ciccio's henchmen who tried to kill him. All of them are really incredibly well done, and should have stayed in the movies, in my opinion.

Michael: My father's no different than any other powerful man, any man who's responsible for other people. Like a senator or a president.
Kay: You know how naive you sound?
Michael: Why?
Kay: Senators and presidents don't have men killed...
Michael: Oh... who's being naive, Kay?
Re: ridiculous..... #27051
10/12/03 04:06 PM
10/12/03 04:06 PM
Amsterdam
Pherdy Offline
Underboss
Pherdy  Offline
Underboss
Amsterdam
Nice Guy Eddie says it all, it would not surprise me if such a release will come within a few years

Originally posted by jay:
but a few of them...i was like....what the hell were they thinking!!!!!!!
"We can't make a six hour movie"

Re: ridiculous..... #27052
10/18/03 05:41 PM
10/18/03 05:41 PM
Arthur Pewty Offline
Wiseguy
Arthur Pewty  Offline
Wiseguy
I think most movies have material on the cutting room floor. Any movie that is long takes a chance on losing it's audience. I happen to agree that a 4 hour long Godfather is fine and dandy, but most movie goers won't sit that long, and then you can't sell tickets.

I remember that the movie Cleopatra had something like 11 hours of footage before they even started telling the story, so tons of film was left on the cutting room floor. Also, some movies have story changes such that scenes are deleted. It is rare that a storyboard is made before filming starts, and the storyboard is adhered to. In such a production, there would be no deleted scenes, only takes of the same scene that were discarded for a different take due to bloopers or director's preference.

ciao pisano!
Re: ridiculous..... #27053
10/18/03 09:52 PM
10/18/03 09:52 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Jay, all of the deleted scenes that have surfaced are wonderful, and every one of them enhance the Trilogy. You can understand why they were cut from the theatrical releases (FFC had already made films that were far longer than the usual Hollywood productions), but still--these were great scenes, every one of them!
The version of the "Saga" often shown on TV, spliced chronologically, includes the deleted scenes in the right sequence. That version is the best, IMO. I bet, down the road, there'll be a DVD version.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: ridiculous..... #27054
10/19/03 12:47 AM
10/19/03 12:47 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Had we never known about these deleted scenes, we would have and do love the movie just as it was released, and never question the director's decision. Now that we've seen them, we wonder why they were not in the original. Just consider it a true bonus to the DVD. wink

For what it's worth, I'm with TB, I really do like the chornological version the best, and if they do come out with a Chronological DVD, I definitely would get it. I think they show that version least on tv than any other

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: ridiculous..... #27055
10/19/03 06:34 PM
10/19/03 06:34 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I loev the chronological order version, with the deleted scenes at all, but I think the Cuban sequences and overall plot of Part II lose their effect without the inter-cutting with the Young Vito scenes.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: ridiculous..... #27056
10/21/03 11:25 AM
10/21/03 11:25 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
As long as we're doing a "wish list," I wish another feature of the DVD would be to select between watching it in chronological order or the released version, with the deleted scenes included.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull