GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 591 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,116
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,719
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
my review #378672
03/24/07 12:52 PM
03/24/07 12:52 PM
D
donjack Offline OP
Wiseguy
donjack  Offline OP
D
Wiseguy
Hi all this is my review of godfather two

Fantastic,

After the success of the first godfather a sequel was inevitable. After Michael Corleone's tragic change from the "Nice college boy" to the "Don" You expect the film to start with a insight to how Michael is getting on. But it doesn't it starts with the godfather Don Vito Corleone (Andolini) as a nine year old boy his father was murdered for an insult to the local mafia chieftain his brother swears revenge but disappears into the hills and is eventually shot. The mother of Vito goes to see this don ciccou to beg for him to spare her son she says that he will never hurt him that he is harmless and that he is weak. He refuses to let Vito live so the mother attempts to threaten ciccou and give Vito time to run this results in her being killed. Vito gets away which infuriates the don Vito with the help of a small family manges to escape and emigrates to America. The next part we see of Vito's life he is living in new york and turning towards crime (Now played by Robert De Niro) Who in my opinion does Vito better than Brando. Brando plays him as a wise old man (which isn't what the saga is about at all) The saga is about the violent cruel evil history of organised crime. De Niro plays him as a monster who (Although he loves his family) Is consumed by crime and power.

But enough about Vito the true story for me is Michael Corleone's consumption the original was just regular neighbourhood villains Godfather two moves into corrupt senators but to cut a long story short. Michael (like his father before him) Is consumed with power and money it is a tragedy of Michael's life you wish he can change right until the very end but like the original he stays the evil but powerful crime master.

Re: my review [Re: donjack] #378741
03/24/07 07:24 PM
03/24/07 07:24 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
No, the saga is about the lives of several individuals within the context of organized crime. It is about much more than power and money. You might want to watch both movies several times in order to truly appreciate the foregoing.

By the way, you might want tp pay a little more attention to punctuation in future posts.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: my review [Re: olivant] #379102
03/26/07 02:33 PM
03/26/07 02:33 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
 Originally Posted By: olivant
No, the saga is about the lives of several individuals within the context of organized crime. It is about much more than power and money. You might want to watch both movies several times in order to truly appreciate the foregoing.

By the way, you might want tp pay a little more attention to punctuation in future posts.

The review needs more viewings of both movies, but Olivant... dont be so hard on the newbie ;\)

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: my review [Re: dontomasso] #379103
03/26/07 02:41 PM
03/26/07 02:41 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
Wow. Tough crowd.

Re: my review [Re: dontomasso] #379288
03/27/07 01:34 AM
03/27/07 01:34 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: dontomasso
 Originally Posted By: olivant

The review needs more viewings of both movies, but Olivant... dont be so hard on the newbie ;\)

"This is the business we have chosen."

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull