GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, m2w), 248 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,334
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What cast? #365297
02/16/07 08:25 PM
02/16/07 08:25 PM
Southampton, England
DonPacino Offline OP
Don'Scarface' Pacino
DonPacino  Offline OP
Don'Scarface' Pacino
Capo
Southampton, England
If you had to make a movie, about anything, what cast, genre and director would you pick.

Mine would be a film that goes deep into the lives of Frank Costello, Lucky Luciano, Vito Genovse, Carlo Gambino and Albert Anastisia.

Cast:
(All-star! :D)

Vito Genovse: Sean Penn
Albert Anastisa: Colin Farell
Frank Costello: Leonardo Di Caprio
Carlo Gambino: Matt Damon
Meyer Lansky: Christian Slater
Lucky Luciano: Johnny Depp

Director: Martin Scocerse

Who would you pick? Remember it's a movie about ANTHING

Re: What cast? [Re: DonPacino] #365303
02/16/07 09:03 PM
02/16/07 09:03 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I'v always hoped that someone like Martin Scorsese would make a movie about the life of Crazy Joe Gallo.

Crazy Joe Gallo : Jack Nicholson

Larry Gallo : Kevin Pollack

Albert "Kid Blast" Gallo : Dan Grimaldi

Joe Columbo : Chazz Palminteri

Don Carlo Gambino : Dominic Chianese

Joe Profaci : Robert Loggia

Nick The Greek Diapolous : Michael Imperioli

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: What cast? [Re: Don Cardi] #365305
02/16/07 09:19 PM
02/16/07 09:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Hey DC, it's funny you mention Dominic Chianese as Carlo Gambino because I've always seen him in that role, even before he became a household name as Uncle Junior.

As far as Scorsese, I'm still hopeful that he'll direct DINO, the bio-pic on Dean Martin, adapted from the book by Nick Tosches, which was quite frankly, just about the best Hollywood bio I've ever read. It would be more of an unofficial gangster movie, just as RAGING BULL was.

Maybe after he wins the Academy Award, Warner Brothers will take it off the back burner.

As far as Joey Gallo, you mean THE GANG THAT COULDN'T SHOOT STRAIGHT didn't cut it for you ?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: What cast? [Re: pizzaboy] #365306
02/16/07 09:23 PM
02/16/07 09:23 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
If I had to make a movie, I will make a Drama and direct it myself Actors will depend on the film.

Re: What cast? [Re: pizzaboy] #365308
02/16/07 09:32 PM
02/16/07 09:32 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

As far as Joey Gallo, you mean THE GANG THAT COULDN'T SHOOT STRAIGHT didn't cut it for you ?

Funny movie! You know that DeNiro was in that movie?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: What cast? [Re: svsg] #365309
02/16/07 09:36 PM
02/16/07 09:36 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
If I had the oppurtunity to make a film, I'd probably adapt it from a novel I've been working on for what seems like eternity now. The plot consists of an Obsessive-Compulsive ex-child star turned Coney Island carnie. Takes place in 1999, so his obsessive tendancies lead to an unhealthy interest in the Y2K technology scare that slowly drives him insane, and, when combined with other factors of life, worsen his prolonged suffering and prepetually depressing life. He's also just turned 30... I don't know, I find 30 to be a really poignant and symbollic age. There's that whole feeling of "oh my god, life isn't going to last forever" that finally seems to really settle in at that age, or so it would appear to me, a young observer... It seems to be the age that scares people the most. Also, I'm not religious in anyway, far from it, but I also find it interesting that it's the age that strikes fear into adults as well as the final age of Jesus. More so, the novel deals with feelings of alienation, confusion, and questions existance in general. So, I'd adapt that. And I would direct it.

I don't know who I would cast. I absolutely love Edward Norton, he's my favorite actor, but I can't really see him in the role, even though he portrayed a similar character so beautifully in Fight Club. At this very moment, for the first time ever (as I have day dreamed about adapting this piece into a film many times) I am thinking, perhaps Michael Pitt.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 02/16/07 09:39 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: What cast? [Re: Don Cardi] #365311
02/16/07 09:48 PM
02/16/07 09:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Funny movie! You know that DeNiro was in that movie?

Don Cardi

DC, what have I ever done for you to treat me so disrespectfully ?

That's GODFATHER 101. Pacino very famously had to be let out of his contract to appear in THE GANG THAT COULDN"T SHOOT STRAIGHT, in order to be freed up to play Michael Corleone.

His part was re-cast, and some young unknown, what's his name ?
Uh, Robert DeNiro, yeah that's it, got the part.

Very funny movie. Jerry Orbach, of LAW AND ORDER fame, became very good friends with Joey Gallo, as a result of studying him for that movie. He was with him on that fateful night at Umberto's.

They should have gone to Lenny's in Howard Beach, they could have had a glass of wine on Joe.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: What cast? [Re: pizzaboy] #365313
02/16/07 10:07 PM
02/16/07 10:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Yes, Orbach and his wife brought Joey into their circle of friends. For a while there, it was the "chic" thing for the "high class" to hang around Joe Gallo.

Fortunately for Orbach, he and his wife did not accompany Gallo back to Umbertos after a night at the Copa.

At least if he would have went to Lenny's he would have gotten a glass of wine on the house!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: What cast? [Re: Don Cardi] #365314
02/16/07 10:12 PM
02/16/07 10:12 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It's the old story, gangsters want to be movie stars and movie stars want to be gangsters. It goes all the way back to George Raft and Benny Siegel.

You're right DC. Jerry Orbach and his wife begged off after the Copa, I didn't word that correctly.

Re: What cast? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #365315
02/16/07 10:15 PM
02/16/07 10:15 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
I also find it interesting that [30]'s the age that strikes fear into adults as well as the final age of Jesus.

FWIW - He was actually 37 according to most accounts.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: What cast? [Re: J Geoff] #365316
02/16/07 10:21 PM
02/16/07 10:21 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: J Geoff
I also find it interesting that [30]'s the age that strikes fear into adults as well as the final age of Jesus.

You're both wrong.

He was 33 when he was crucified.

Pizzaboy, I knew what you meant. You didn't word it wrong.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: What cast? [Re: J Geoff] #365317
02/16/07 10:26 PM
02/16/07 10:26 PM
Underboss
Underboss

Was he? Well, that goes to show my knowledge of Christian mythology.

Well, in that case then, he is 30 when he is first represented as an adult in the bible, no?

You're both wrong.

He was 33 when he was crucified.

Alright, so Geoff and I met, like, half way.

Ah, give me a break, I'm agnostic. I'm doing ok at this so far.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 02/16/07 10:28 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: What cast? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #365318
02/16/07 10:34 PM
02/16/07 10:34 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

[Was he? Well, that goes to show my knowledge of Christian mythology.

LLC, This is the second time that you've taken a cheap shot at the religious beliefs of another. You are entitled to believe in what you want to believe, and to your opinion, and I respect that. So why don't you dispose of the cheap shots and show a little respect for the religious beliefs that others may have and hold in high regard.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: What cast? [Re: Don Cardi] #365320
02/16/07 10:41 PM
02/16/07 10:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
To a great deal of us, Christianity is hardly a mythology.

Re: What cast? [Re: pizzaboy] #365321
02/16/07 10:43 PM
02/16/07 10:43 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Jerry Orbach, of LAW AND ORDER fame, became very good friends with Joey Gallo, as a result of studying him for that movie.

I don't want to hijack this topic, so here is a link that will bring you over to the REAL LIFE MAFIA thread where we can continue this Joey Gallo conversation.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...ge=0#Post365319

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: What cast? [Re: Don Cardi] #365324
02/16/07 11:24 PM
02/16/07 11:24 PM
Underboss
Underboss

[Was he? Well, that goes to show my knowledge of Christian mythology.

LLC, This is the second time that you've taken a cheap shot at the religious beliefs of another. You are entitled to believe in what you want to believe, and to your opinion, and I respect that. So why don't you dispose of the cheap shots and show a little respect for the religious beliefs that others may have and hold in high regard.

Don Cardi

Sorry, it honestly wasn't intended to be disrespectful. Am I not supposed to refer to it as mythology? I suppose I should have remembered that from Dogma...

Re: What cast? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #365496
02/17/07 08:27 AM
02/17/07 08:27 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
If I had the budget to make any film I could, I'd make one of these two films.

a) an adaptation of John Fowles' The Magus. Guy Greene made a version in the sixties with Anthony Quinn and Michael Caine, but so I hear (I plan on buying it soon), it is hit-and-miss, and going by the duration, it wouldn't be anywhere near as dense as the novel. My version would have to be at least three hours long, maybe even four.

Nicholas Urfe - Paddy Considine
Maurice Conchis - Derek Jacobi
Alison - Radha Mitchell
Julie - Kate Winslet

I'd film it on the same island where Godard filmed Le mépris (which, I believe, is what Guy Greene did too).
------
or:

b) a film entitled C, which I originally posted about here. This is what I typed:

January 05, 2007.
3.44 am.

An idea is like a disease. And that is the only way I can start this. It lingers and screams, wanting to be brought out, brought out into the open, but it might kill its owner in the process. This is evident in the complete and utter emptiness I will feel once this page has been written.

I lack the patience to fetch it into some kind of pitchable story, but there is a narrative of loosely sketched events that keep haunting me. In my head I know exactly what happens. I know I know because it feels so right when I think it. But I cannot really explain it. I don't imagine it entirely in images of the mind - though certain pictures haunt me specifically - and nothing much really happens in the way of cause and effect, but it is like some kind of abstract excitement that crawls under me. As soon as I bring it to words, it not only loses its self-contained impact, but the idea of making a film seems both ludicrous and exhausting - and practically impossible.

But it's about a cult, or maybe one guy who comes across a cult; and the cult is obsessed with the camera, with the moving image, much in the same fetishistic way as the characters in Cronenberg's Crash. (I see Elias Koteas' intense stare in the dark loneliness of the cinema, his face by flickering, projected image, and perhaps he is recieving a blow-job from somebody offscreen.) And the cult sees Cinema as a form of magic, a circus, and its members all compete to see who can "perform" the most impressive "tricks". Not on camera, but with a camera.

I see scenes wherein our protagonist is willingly drawn into a world that masturbates frequently and openly to films where the camera is the primary source of meaning. They cum on their TV sets to the likes of Touch of Evil's opening shot, and fall in love with what they call "the camera as interrogator" in the likes of Robert Weissman's documentaries.

The cult wish to better this magic they see, or to become it, to live it out. One member might attach a camera to his cock while he fucks someone; another might have an operation which replaces a leg with a dolly or hand with an actual camera; as they compete to better one another and find what they call "the ultimate truth" (the notion of becoming Cinema, of being the medium), the stunts and ends to which they go become more and more dangerous, until the final act...

Our protagonist sets up a multi-angled shot of his own suicide - jumping from a building onto a pavement. Perhaps the cult set their own TV station up and air the death live, with a POV shot... Perhaps, in the film's world, it would be possible to replace an eye with an actual camera, a recording device, and people can watch what other people see - or perhaps only our protagonist, our TV producer, is the only person who has one of these "eyes", and his live, recorded death is a means of publicly bringing together the "purists" of the world, and secretly ridding himself of his own suffocating disease of ideas that never come to fruition.

... I did better than I thought I would in translating that into words; in fact, in doing so, I've created a rough, improvised narrative in which my idea might exist. And I am wholly pleased that the end, concerning a man who rids himself of his own overflow of creative inertia (by killing himself no less), takes a deeply self-reflexive slant.

Now, if only I had some funding.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: What cast? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #366263
02/18/07 10:57 PM
02/18/07 10:57 PM
your sisters bedroom
manicmontana Offline
BANNED
manicmontana  Offline
BANNED
your sisters bedroom
if i was a producer who could make a film...it would have to be based on a story im writing at the moment about a man who tries to do anything but conform to the "rules"of society..resulting in a short lived career of crime to a short lived career as a writer...all the while battling depression and a Panick disorder...which he begins to take medication for which he abuses with alcohol..(very brief summary)
the main character David Stewart would be played by Johnny Depp
Anferney"KOZ"Kozlovski would be played by Forrest Whittaker
Tyrone targasio would be played by Temuera Morrison (once were warriors a New Zealand film)
Silvano Zanta would be played by the great Al Pacino
Trent Pratt would be played by Edward Norton
i would probably get Brian Depalma to direct it and i would have to write most of the screenplay myself to really grab the essence of the story...which i havent explained properly..but its o.k you guys can read it once its published

Last edited by manicmontana; 02/18/07 11:12 PM.

So say goodnight to the bad guy..eh cause its the last time your ever gonna see a bad guy like this again let me tell you/O.K!! im reloaded!!You motherfuckers think your big time!!!Your gonna die big time!!!O.K Here come the pain!!!
Re: What cast? [Re: manicmontana] #366317
02/19/07 12:36 AM
02/19/07 12:36 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I'm fascinated by Jesus, the Romans, and his times. I'm writing a short story that could be a movie. It's kind of typical - Jesus is not God - but with a twist. He finds out who he really is and that is why he sweats blood in the garden. It involves the Jesuits, murder, secrets, the Vatican et al.

Liam Neesom would play Jesus, Renee Zellweger Mary Magdalene, and Antonio Banderas Judas.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: What cast? [Re: olivant] #366326
02/19/07 12:42 AM
02/19/07 12:42 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Well Jesus isn't God, though. God is God, Jesus is just the Messiah.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: What cast? [Re: olivant] #366959
02/20/07 09:57 AM
02/20/07 09:57 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: olivant
Renee Zellweger Mary Magdalene

Renee Zellweger as Mary Magdalene? I mean, she's a wonderful actress but Mary Madgalene?

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: What cast? [Re: Don Andrew] #366960
02/20/07 09:58 AM
02/20/07 09:58 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Don Andrew
Well Jesus isn't God, though. God is God, Jesus is just the Messiah.

what about the Holy Trinity?

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: What cast? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #366976
02/20/07 10:16 AM
02/20/07 10:16 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

now, if I only was a publisher. I mean, I haven't got a clue how good a director you'd make. But I know for sure you'd be a great author.

Last edited by Lavinia from Italy; 02/20/07 10:20 AM.

Re: What cast? [Re: Lavinia from Italy] #367032
02/20/07 01:36 PM
02/20/07 01:36 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Originally Posted By: Lavinia from Italy
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

now, if I only was a publisher. I mean, I haven't got a clue how good a director you'd make. But I know for sure you'd be a great author.
PM me your address and I'll send some films I made.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: What cast? [Re: Lavinia from Italy] #367040
02/20/07 01:43 PM
02/20/07 01:43 PM
Underboss
Underboss

Renee Zellweger as Mary Magdalene? I mean, she's a wonderful actress but Mary Madgalene?

You're right. I vote Courtney Love.

Re: What cast? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #367510
02/21/07 04:46 AM
02/21/07 04:46 AM
Underboss
Underboss

You're right. I vote Courtney Love.

mmm....mumble mumble....and why not Britney Spears? Or Paris Hilton?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull