GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 366 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,857
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,421
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I'm back.......for a while at least #364496
02/15/07 12:47 AM
02/15/07 12:47 AM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline OP
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline OP
Underboss
Desolation Row
I know I swore retirement, but I (and I'm sure a few others) knew it would end up being more of a vacation. I came back for sympathy though (haha) and out of habit, to calm my nerves.
I broke my collarbone snowboarding on Saturday. I was leaning too far back on a wallride, slid out, popped off the wall and stuck my hand out to catch myself. Probably a 15-20 foot drop strait onto my hand, which shoved it up into my body, snapping the bone right in half.

I found out today that I'll be getting surgury on Monday. Its not vital, it'll heal fine w/o the surgery, but it will heal better and w/ less pain if I get it pinned. I've never had surgury in my life, and I always thought people were pussies for being nervous about it. "Ah come on, its not a heart transplant, what is there to worry about?" But I have to admit, I'm a little freaked out by it now, especially as the date draws nearer.

Anyway, the place looks nice.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: I'm back.......for a while at least [Re: Don Sonny Corleone] #364501
02/15/07 01:03 AM
02/15/07 01:03 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
OH EM GEE! I haven't talked to you in F-O-R-E-V-E-R!

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: I'm back.......for a while at least [Re: Don Sonny Corleone] #364504
02/15/07 01:09 AM
02/15/07 01:09 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone
I know I swore retirement, but I (and I'm sure a few others) knew it would end up being more of a vacation. I came back for sympathy though (haha) and out of habit, to calm my nerves.
I broke my collarbone snowboarding on Saturday. I was leaning too far back on a wallride, slid out, popped off the wall and stuck my hand out to catch myself. Probably a 15-20 foot drop strait onto my hand, which shoved it up into my body, snapping the bone right in half.

I found out today that I'll be getting surgury on Monday. Its not vital, it'll heal fine w/o the surgery, but it will heal better and w/ less pain if I get it pinned. I've never had surgury in my life, and I always thought people were pussies for being nervous about it. "Ah come on, its not a heart transplant, what is there to worry about?" But I have to admit, I'm a little freaked out by it now, especially as the date draws nearer.

I had the EXACT same break over 20 years ago and chose not to get it pinned, I wore that stupid strap that was supposed to "mend" it naturally.
It healed fine and I had no problems for a long time, but now that I'm getting a little bit older, I've lost some mobility.
So, you might want to get it pinned.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: I'm back.......for a while at least [Re: pizzaboy] #364505
02/15/07 01:10 AM
02/15/07 01:10 AM
your sisters bedroom
manicmontana Offline
BANNED
manicmontana  Offline
BANNED
your sisters bedroom
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

I had the EXACT same break over 20 years ago and chose not to get it pinned, I wore that stupid strap that was supposed to "mend" it naturally.
It healed fine and I had no problems for a long time, but now that I'm getting a little bit older, I've lost some mobility.
So, you might want to get it pinned.

same here i had the same break when i got hit by a car..i wore the strap and to this day feel a little bit of pain

So say goodnight to the bad guy..eh cause its the last time your ever gonna see a bad guy like this again let me tell you/O.K!! im reloaded!!You motherfuckers think your big time!!!Your gonna die big time!!!O.K Here come the pain!!!
Re: I'm back.......for a while at least [Re: manicmontana] #364547
02/15/07 03:07 AM
02/15/07 03:07 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Well well well. We have an x-ray of you, a picture of you snowboarding like a tiny dot in a white background and still no picture of you. I just thought I should remind you that!

Hey welcome back and good luck!

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: I'm back.......for a while at least [Re: afsaneh77] #364583
02/15/07 09:07 AM
02/15/07 09:07 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
That's a nasty fracture.

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least [Re: klydon1] #364603
02/15/07 11:22 AM
02/15/07 11:22 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Good to see you back,sorry about the break,looks painful

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: I'm back.......for a while at least [Re: DE NIRO] #364636
02/15/07 12:49 PM
02/15/07 12:49 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
I broke my foot once.

A word of advice: never jump off the top of a set of bleachers.

It was painful. And the average IQ in my corner of upstate New York is about potatoe (not equal to a potatoe, they think potatoe is a number. Please save me.) both the school nurse and the phys. ed. teacher told me to "walk it off".

Anyways, it sucks, I know. But good luck with surgeory.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: I'm back.......for a while at least [Re: long_lost_corleone] #365042
02/15/07 09:37 PM
02/15/07 09:37 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Poor DSC!! I'm sure you know that everything will be okay, so I don't have to tell you that-- but it's still a nervous thing, I totally understand. I'd be scared too. But I hope you recover quickly and completely, and my thoughts are with you come Monday!

I missed you, by the way. Hang out a bit this time, yeah?

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least [Re: Letizia B.] #367039
02/20/07 01:43 PM
02/20/07 01:43 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline OP
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline OP
Underboss
Desolation Row
Well, I seem to have survived, so thats a good thing. It hurts like hell, and my shoulder is taped up in a way that makes me feel like Frankensteins monster, but the bones arent smashing together every time I take a step, so things are on the rise.
Glad to see a few people still know who I am haha

LLC- I dont know if you were around about 4 years ago when I fucked up my back, but it was when I was still living on the western slope of Colorado. The town I lived in idolizes Larry the Cable guy, so that should give you an idea as to thier intelect level. I posted a big angry rant right after it happened, but among other things, they asked me if I was pregnant. Now, it begins to make one worry when your hospital cannot distinguist between male and female

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull