GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, m2w), 97 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,753
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,301
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,407
Posts1,060,385
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26572
07/19/03 06:32 AM
07/19/03 06:32 AM
Berlin, Germany
consiGliera Offline OP
Made Member
consiGliera  Offline OP
Made Member
Berlin, Germany
i know, beinG the complete GofathFanatics we are, of course we´re said about ANY second of film that Got spared... smile ....but here´s my question anyway.

i saw the deleted scenes first on DVD (dunno if you folks had the chance to seem em before, was there a VHS edistion?).

it was a thrill, of course, but some of them were truly unnecessary to be in the movie or would´ve even affected its flow or atmosphere.
but there were others that made me think "danG, if they´d just left it in!!! it would´ve been a PLUS!"

did you feel the same about some of the deleted ones? if you could pick, say, three of them (for each movie) to be re-included, what would your choice be?

here are my first 2 for GF 1:
1. the scene with Mike and Kay in bed. IMO added a lot of intimacy to their relationship, that otherwise always appeared to me a bit stiff.
it looks like Al and Diane are really flirtinG, with all the GiGGlinG and stuff. smile
2. sonny´s scenes after he found out his pop was assaulted. Fine actinG from Caan, exposes another side ("the thinkinG side" i´d almost say)of Santino, and they´re tense, too. and when he is reluctant to sit in his father´s chair, i beG you!

i´m not quite thru watchinG the deleted material.

let me hear your opinions, please.

"i understand you have to deal with a lot of people who try to seem more important than they are. In my case the reverse is true." -Tom Hagen
Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26573
07/19/03 02:09 PM
07/19/03 02:09 PM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
the dying Genco in the deleted scene is a Classic. you can see how the Don respects his Consigliere by bringing all his sons and how his Consigliere trusted him so much.
"Stay with me Godfather, help me meet Death."- Genco

GoodFella

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26574
07/19/03 04:08 PM
07/19/03 04:08 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
The scene in which Michael shoots Fabrizzio with his own Lupara.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26575
07/19/03 08:30 PM
07/19/03 08:30 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
The scene in which Michael shoots Fabrizzio with his own Lupara.

Mick
Did you actually see that scene? Is it in the UK DVD set? I thought it was never released. confused
Of those I've seen, the long one with Michael and the Don about to leave Connie's wedding, and then visiting Genco on his deathbed, is the best. It provides valuable perspective on Michael's statement to Kay earlier at the wedding, "That's my family, Kay--it's not me"; and on Michael's telling Kay that Tom is "a good lawyer; I think he's gonna be consigliere." Plus Brando provides two superlative performances: one where he rolls his eyes when he askes Michael if "your American girlfriend" got home ok; the other when he tells Genco he has "no such powers" to save him. Bravo!

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26576
07/19/03 08:37 PM
07/19/03 08:37 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Sadly, no, Turnbull; I have never seen it and I believe you're right in that it was never released. I can live with the other scenes not being released on the originals, but I would love for this scene to be, just for the sake of seeing it. I can't see why it was not included.

Mick

PS> I too, noticed Vito's rolling his eyes as he turns away. That whole scene, from them leaving the wedding to visiting Genco also ultimately made Michael's corruption all the more vast.

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26577
07/19/03 09:26 PM
07/19/03 09:26 PM
Eternity
Enzo da baker Offline
Made Member
Enzo da baker  Offline
Made Member
Eternity
The scene where the men come to vitos home to tell his mother to bring him to don ciccio compound.Instead we are shown her dragging him there herself with not really an explanationas why she would drag her last remaining child to the lions den.

Naz
Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26578
07/19/03 09:36 PM
07/19/03 09:36 PM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

The scene I would have included is when Sonny's daughter and her boyfriend ask Mike for permission for marriage. Mike's demeanor in that scene (when he was shown respect) would have shown great contrast to his tone when Connie and Merle not only announce that they are to be married without the Mike's consent, but ask for money also.

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26579
07/20/03 12:30 AM
07/20/03 12:30 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Sadly, no, Turnbull; I have never seen it and I believe you're right in that it was never released. I can live with the other scenes not being released on the originals, but I would love for this scene to be, just for the sake of seeing it. I can't see why it was not included.

Mick
You and I both, Mick!

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26580
07/20/03 12:33 AM
07/20/03 12:33 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
The scene I would have included is when Sonny's daughter and her boyfriend ask Mike for permission for marriage. Mike's demeanor in that scene (when he was shown respect) would have shown great contrast to his tone when Connie and Merle not only announce that they are to be married without the Mike's consent, but ask for money also.
Yes, that scene's a real gem! Also underscore's Michael's quest for respectability, as in "Make sure her dowry's big..."
There's an interesting anomaly in that scene. On the DVD "extras" set, the boathouse part of that scene ends with Michael's instruction to Tom. But the same scene, spliced into the "Saga" version shown on TV, has a few additional seconds in the boathouse: Michael turns to a hulking young fellow in a checked jacket and says, "How are you, Santino?" The lad replies, "Fine, Uncle Michael." So we get a closeup of another Corleone relative. I don't know why those few seconds weren't included with the DVD scene.

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26581
07/20/03 08:27 AM
07/20/03 08:27 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Young Vito going back to kill Ciccio's men/bodygaurds. I think the names were Strollo and Mosca. Damn those scenes are brutal. Not truly necessary for them to be included. But it's good.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26582
07/21/03 07:50 AM
07/21/03 07:50 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
For me, it's a tie: 1) the one called "Michael gets involved." We see how Michael's inner conflict between wanting nothing to do with the family business is overcome by his love/honor for his family. 2) I don't recall the exact title, but the scene in which Sonny goes into his father's study & calls Tessio. Sonny doesn't know whether he can trust Clemenza because of what has happened to Vito, with Tessio understanding the point immediately.

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26583
07/25/03 05:36 PM
07/25/03 05:36 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by goombah:
For me, it's a tie: 1) the one called "Michael gets involved." We see how Michael's inner conflict between wanting nothing to do with the family business is overcome by his love/honor for his family. 2) I don't recall the exact title, but the scene in which Sonny goes into his father's study & calls Tessio. Sonny doesn't know whether he can trust Clemenza because of what has happened to Vito, with Tessio understanding the point immediately.
I agree 100% with you. That scene may have been the one deleted scene that was most important to GFI movie. It shows you exactly how they came to the knowledge that Paulie set up the old man. Obviously being that Paulie was brought in by Clemenza, they needed to know if Clemenza was behind the attempt on the old man. It also shows the cunning side of Michael. At first Sonny tells him to leave, and Michael refuses, and then Sonny tries to test him by asking if it was Clemenza who set up Vito. Michael is very cunning and precise in his thinking, and concludes that it couldn't have been Clemenza. Then Sonny confirms this by stating that Paulie made several phones calls and thier contact in the phone company confirmed this for the Corleones. This is key in letting us know that Paulie was the traitor. WHen the scene is cut out, they just tell you that Paulie's gotta go because he set up the old man, and you wonder how they found that out.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26584
07/26/03 08:01 AM
07/26/03 08:01 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
If I had it my way, I'd include every single scene! Left nothing out. I'd even have Fabrizzio die twice! lol

Mick

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26585
07/26/03 08:36 PM
07/26/03 08:36 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
guys i really need help on this. i think i have seen a deleted scene on a friends dvd where clamenza is selling dresses and he walks into a females apartment. then one of him walking out of her apartment and kissing her. but i don't have it on my dvd. tell me could that have been just me being crazy or should i be returning my dvd.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26586
07/27/03 02:43 AM
07/27/03 02:43 AM
S
Sonny Offline
Underboss
Sonny  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Young Vito going back to kill Ciccio's men/bodygaurds. I think the names were Strollo and Mosca. Damn those scenes are brutal. Not truly necessary for them to be included. But it's good.
Yes, yes, yes. I particularly loved the one where Vito mocks the man who was calling "...deliver the boy and Don Cicio will thank you..." I thought that was a real master piece; to indicate that Vito didn't even forget the man's words after so many years.

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26587
07/27/03 09:21 AM
07/27/03 09:21 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
guys i really need help on this. i think i have seen a deleted scene on a friends dvd where clamenza is selling dresses and he walks into a females apartment. then one of him walking out of her apartment and kissing her. but i don't have it on my dvd. tell me could that have been just me being crazy or should i be returning my dvd.
Yes, there definately is this scene that you mentioned. Not sure though if it is on the deleted DVD scenes, or in the Epic version. Heck, just wish that they would make ONE DVD version with ALL of the deleted scenes in it. The Epic, The Saga, etc. Put EVERYTHING together in one movie. I also always thought that the EPIC was done the right way, everything in chronological order. Should be a DVD version, with everything in it, chronological order. Most Definately should be!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26588
07/27/03 04:32 PM
07/27/03 04:32 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Yes, it is on the Special Extras DVD. It is not part of the actual film disc, aprt of the separate extras. grin Check, and if it isn't there, I'd be taking my DVD back.

Mick

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26589
07/29/03 01:35 AM
07/29/03 01:35 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
hey capo i am deeply upset now that you have been able to tell me about my missing scenes. i don't have the receipt from where i bought it. which was at blockbuster. what am i going to do now. i really want my special features to be the full that they can be. but how can i get a new single dvd. and im worried that if i go out and buy a new set that something else might be missing frown help me someone anyone. please frown

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26590
07/29/03 02:16 PM
07/29/03 02:16 PM
USA
Don_Rozzini Offline
Wiseguy
Don_Rozzini  Offline
Wiseguy
USA
I am going to have to agree with goodfella on this one. Not only what he said, but it also shows the power and respect his peirs have for him[the don]. I can't remeber the exact quote but he believes that by having the Don with him he can scare death away. Very poingant and powerful

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26591
07/29/03 03:57 PM
07/29/03 03:57 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
hey capo i am deeply upset now that you have been able to tell me about my missing scenes. i don't have the receipt from where i bought it. which was at blockbuster. what am i going to do now. i really want my special features to be the full that they can be. but how can i get a new single dvd. and im worried that if i go out and buy a new set that something else might be missing frown help me someone anyone. please frown
Soprano, have you watched all the possible extra scenes? It may be a case that you simply have not come across it yet. confused It seems very odd that your DVD would have a scene missing from it, as these discs are distributed all over the world.

Mick

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26592
07/29/03 11:45 PM
07/29/03 11:45 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
capo, i went through that dvd like crazy looking for that clamenza scene. and i didn't find it. it's crazy. i thought i was crazy. know i know that i did see it at my friends house.

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26594
08/08/03 08:58 AM
08/08/03 08:58 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
ALL OF THEM!!!

Though I know that for time constraint reasons, this was impossible for FFC to do and cuts simply had to be made.

But my personal favorite:

Bonasera dressing to meet Don Vito to return a favor, all the while fretting to his wife about what they will need and what will happen to him.
I always thought this scene gives great insight and dimension as to how 'ordinary people' view the world of The Corleone's.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26595
08/12/03 03:51 AM
08/12/03 03:51 AM
Hagit Offline
Wiseguy
Hagit  Offline
Wiseguy
My favorite deleted scenes are those with Michael in them.I think that the one in which Michael & the Godfather are talking about Sonny & Sicily is an important one. So is the one in which Michael recognizes Fabrizio. However the dying Genco is a great scene!! smile

(I'd whish...!!)
Re: which of the deleted scenes are you particularly sad about beinG skipped? #26596
08/25/03 04:21 PM
08/25/03 04:21 PM
toronto
DonMerghani187 Offline
Made Member
DonMerghani187  Offline
Made Member
toronto
id say when they meet the dying genco

never go against the Don

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull