GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 272 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,594
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Obama fights Fox News #358854
01/25/07 02:19 AM
01/25/07 02:19 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #358855
01/25/07 03:28 AM
01/25/07 03:28 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Nice Guy Eddie] #358858
01/25/07 03:59 AM
01/25/07 03:59 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
NGE, how apt.

If anything, perhaps Obama learned the lessons of the 2004 campaign. Like the Bush National Guard report that CBS reported, you gotta smash and shatter the obvious smear slash before it gets out of hand.

Really, I think the Swiftboat nonsense against Kerry, and his delay in smashing the bullshit, is partly why he lost the election.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #358872
01/25/07 10:14 AM
01/25/07 10:14 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
If Fox News continues to stick to its present journalistic standards, they just might get Obama elected.

I don't think they'll live this one down any time soon. It is similar in some respects to CBS and Dan Rather running with the doctored memo about Bush in the National Guard.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: klydon1] #358882
01/25/07 12:16 PM
01/25/07 12:16 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
The difference is, CBS admitted its fuck-up, and had several people axed in the news division, especially in forcing Rather to "retire."

Fox News admitting its mistakes? Only when Sean Hannity becomes a liberal.

Speaking of which, anyone remember when O'Reilly wrongly attributed a Nazi German war crime during WW2 to the American GIs? Opps.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #358886
01/25/07 01:29 PM
01/25/07 01:29 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Obviously the right wing smear machine is wasting no time spreading lies about the most promising democrat since JFK. I bet they have internal polls showing him running away from John "I'm not taking my meds nurse Ratchet" McCain, and Bernard Kerik's Sicilian Messenger boy Rudy Giuliani.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: dontomasso] #358905
01/25/07 02:42 PM
01/25/07 02:42 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

I really hope Obama runs, along with Hillary, just so that we can watch them try and destroy each other in debates.

We may even see some racial/gender slurs come out of those Democrats...wouldn't that be a shock?

Of course, they ARE the good guys...

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #358909
01/25/07 02:45 PM
01/25/07 02:45 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
NGE,
Really, I think the Swiftboat nonsense against Kerry, and his delay in smashing the bullshit, is partly why he lost the election.

No question about it. They hated Clinton for his ability to hit back, and they'll really hate Obama and Hillary for doing the same thing. Truth and the GOP are completely at odds with one another.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: dontomasso] #358911
01/25/07 02:47 PM
01/25/07 02:47 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
NGE,

No question about it. They hated Clinton for his ability to hit back, and they'll really hate Obama and Hillary for doing the same thing. Truth and the GOP are completely at odds with one another.

Oh no! The Democratic paladins are coming to save the day, for abortion on demand, higher taxes, prison furloughs, and sex scandals!

I didn't have sex with that woman!
I didn't really think she was dead; I wanted to will her back!
Energy crisis! Wear sweaters!

I love this fantasy world. Where can I get on?

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Double-J] #358916
01/25/07 02:54 PM
01/25/07 02:54 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Thank god I'm not with any fucking delusional partisan side with shades of aggressive sexuality.

DT and DJ...sitting under a tree...

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #358948
01/25/07 06:26 PM
01/25/07 06:26 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

DT and DJ...sitting under a tree...

They do say opposites attract.

What do you say, Big T? Want to give it a go?

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #359024
01/26/07 12:46 AM
01/26/07 12:46 AM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Lets not turn this into another bitch fest between the left and right over everything.

This discussion is about Fox News smearing Senator Obama, lets stick to Fox News.

For being such a mainstream station, Fox News definitely performed a low-blow to Senator Obama. They claim to be "fair and balanced" and then do shit like this. Why do they have to be fake? Just decide if you want to be non-partisan, or incredible.

I say to Barack Obama, attack and expose relentlessly. They've proven to you that they will pull no punches. This is the perfect opportunity to expose them for who they are, and what their roll really is in the media, to smear the reputations of U.S. Congressmen with opposing views. After months of ruining careers with false information, the smearing campaign didn't work for Joe McCarthy back in the 50's, lets see how well it will work for you, Fox News.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: dontomasso] #359038
01/26/07 07:54 AM
01/26/07 07:54 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Obviously the right wing smear machine is wasting no time spreading lies about the most promising democrat since JFK.

Rumor has it that someone from the Clinton camp released this story about Obama. I'm serious. I read it in the paper yesterday and heard it on the radio while driving home. It's quietly being investigated because the Obama people don't want to turn this into a big thing....yet.

As for Fox News, well they should apologize to Obama if this news story has no merit.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Tony Love] #359040
01/26/07 08:17 AM
01/26/07 08:17 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: Tony Love
Lets not turn this into another bitch fest between the left and right over everything.

This discussion is about Fox News smearing Senator Obama, lets stick to Fox News.

For being such a mainstream station, Fox News definitely performed a low-blow to Senator Obama. They claim to be "fair and balanced" and then do shit like this. Why do they have to be fake? Just decide if you want to be non-partisan, or incredible.

I say to Barack Obama, attack and expose relentlessly. They've proven to you that they will pull no punches. This is the perfect opportunity to expose them for who they are, and what their roll really is in the media, to smear the reputations of U.S. Congressmen with opposing views. After months of ruining careers with false information, the smearing campaign didn't work for Joe McCarthy back in the 50's, lets see how well it will work for you, Fox News.

Again, first of all, as Don Cardi has pointed out, there are rumors flying that it was the Clinton camp that actually released this. Would you be surprised? I can't wait to watch the Democrats tear each other apart in the primaries.

Furthermore, FoxNews isn't the only news station that has professed objectivity and couldn't hold up their own standards. Why, the immortal Dan Rather and CBS's unfounded smear on President Bush resulted in his own dismissal. If that isn't enough, read Bernie Goldberg's Bias. It gives you an idea of how cerebral and biased Rather really is/was.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Double-J] #359049
01/26/07 08:44 AM
01/26/07 08:44 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
DJ, flying rumors are now fact?

All I know is, it was CNN that reported that it was the Hillary Clinton campaign that was behind "supposedly" this smear job spec-ops gone wrong.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #359051
01/26/07 09:48 AM
01/26/07 09:48 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

DJ, flying rumors are now fact?

All I know is, it was CNN that reported that it was the Hillary Clinton campaign that was behind "supposedly" this smear job spec-ops gone wrong.

No, but my point is that it would be wise to hold any judgment, no?

Considering the tenacity and ferocity which FoxNews is despised both here on this forum and elsewhere (which means it must really be great), its not surprising to me that there is already universal condemnation. However, Dan Rather, to this day, gets infinite free passes.

I guess I need that acid.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Double-J] #359053
01/26/07 10:19 AM
01/26/07 10:19 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Yeah, maybe its because Dan Rather got his ass FIRED! Yes, a disgraceful unemployment is a free ride...

I mean, what else you want? Him going to Guantanamo?

CBS News screwed up, and either cleaned house of the losers that malfunctioned, or at least made an appearance of such.

FNC? Yeah right...

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #359055
01/26/07 10:39 AM
01/26/07 10:39 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Personally, I don't believe this about Obama.

Why would he hide something like that and take a chance that it could come out later on? It would be political suicide to try and keep something like that quiet only to have it exposed at a later date.

I don't believe that Obama would be that foolish.

If anything, this was an attempt to try and plant thoughts in the minds of voters. Had Obama won the Presidential primary and this news came out, then I would have to believe that someone from the opposite party started this.

However, being that it came out just after his announcing that he may run for President, I have to believe that this was started by a member of his own party, an opponent who is also running for President.

It's not out of the realm for the Clinton camp to start these kinds of rumors. After all they do have a history of running these smear type campaigns.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Don Cardi] #359059
01/26/07 10:54 AM
01/26/07 10:54 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
I agree DC.

When the field thins out between the serious candidates, and the jokers(you listening Chris Dodd?), Hillary will basically be sweating it out with Obama behind her shoulder.

Hell, I hope he beats her next year. Certainly we can not have Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton as our series of Presidents.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Double-J] #359159
01/27/07 02:52 AM
01/27/07 02:52 AM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Originally Posted By: Double-J

Furthermore, FoxNews isn't the only news station that has professed objectivity and couldn't hold up their own standards. Why, the immortal Dan Rather and CBS's unfounded smear on President Bush resulted in his own dismissal. If that isn't enough, read Bernie Goldberg's Bias. It gives you an idea of how cerebral and biased Rather really is/was.

Rather was biased, but Rather believed that the role of the news was to ask the hard questions. He had his personal convictions, and that's what fueled his subject matter. Rather wanted to check up on Bush's military experience, and found out he was wrong. It's understandable and the price you pay when presenting what you're not certain is fact. I don't condone ruining another man's livelihood, but asking questions is certainly a virtue in politics. Rather should have asked more questions and done less reporting.

Instead of asking questions, it seems Fox News is waving accusations (against the left as they're notorious for doing). This is merely the first specticle of the battle against Obama, and it will only go down hill. Richardson, you're next, amigo.

What's truly a shame is how you can't win if you're a tad different. The people will decide, and chances are, we'll elect another washed up white man with corporate interests as well as public distance.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Tony Love] #359160
01/27/07 03:12 AM
01/27/07 03:12 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
The problem with the news media is that now that newspapers, blogs, magazines, even news networks are designed and sold down the line for a very specified and narrow niche market demographic.

Biased news media isn't anything new. Its always been around.

Except the differences are stunning. Around the early decades of the 20th century, media moguls like Hearst wanted their biased-view on reality so to benefit, and limit harm, to their vested interests.

Now in the start of the 21st century, those same moguls with vested interests now have loyal subscribers who want to hear not the specific truth, but the specific truth that they WANT to hear.

Anyway, screw FNC and CNN. MSNBC is the better network.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #359185
01/27/07 11:52 AM
01/27/07 11:52 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Now in the start of the 21st century, those same moguls with vested interests now have loyal subscribers who want to hear not the specific truth, but the specific truth that they WANT to hear.

Yes, like the story about the 4 U.S. Soldiers who were found to be tortured and murdered execution style. It made page 8 of the newspapers this morning and was the closing story on one of the newscasts earlier today.

Guess the Abu Grab / Gitmo stories get the front page and the lead story on the networks when our soldiers have dogs bark at the enemy or when they play loud music. But when the enemy tortures, beheads or executes our soldiers, these whores stick it somewhere on page 8 and bury it in the middle or at the end of their newscasts.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Don Cardi] #359192
01/27/07 01:05 PM
01/27/07 01:05 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

The papers I have seen played this up on page one. Which papers buried it DC?

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Don Cardi] #359194
01/27/07 01:44 PM
01/27/07 01:44 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Yes, like the story about the 4 U.S. Soldiers who were found to be tortured and murdered execution style. It made page 8 of the newspapers this morning and was the closing story on one of the newscasts earlier today.

Guess the Abu Grab / Gitmo stories get the front page and the lead story on the networks when our soldiers have dogs bark at the enemy or when they play loud music. But when the enemy tortures, beheads or executes our soldiers, these whores stick it somewhere on page 8 and bury it in the middle or at the end of their newscasts.

Don Cardi

Why is it so difficult for you (et al) to figure out that we Americans are responsible for what Americans do on America's behalf. That is the news I want to have on the front page.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: olivant] #359197
01/27/07 02:23 PM
01/27/07 02:23 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

They want to whine about where things are placed in the newspaper so they can avoid the truth about the policy failures they have been defending. You know what the difference between a dog and a right winger? After a year or so a dog stops whining.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: dontomasso] #359198
01/27/07 02:25 PM
01/27/07 02:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
The papers I have seen played this up on page one. Which papers buried it DC?

The New York Daily News. They had Jason Kidd's divorce on the cover, the re-habbed Miss America model on the inside and wrote about 1/3 page article on the 8th page.

The New York Post had a lottery winner on their front cover. Story was buried inside the paper.

ABC morning news gave some small coverage to this about 3/4 through their newscast earlier this morning. Same with CBS.

Originally Posted By: olivant
Why is it so difficult for you (et al) to figure out that we Americans are responsible for what Americans do on America's behalf. That is the news I want to have on the front page.

And why is it so hard for you (et al) to figure out that we Americans should be shown what kind of motherf**kers we are fighting over there so that the douchebags in this country who are attempting to defund the war, and the world appeasing asshole politicians will realize that we need to fight this war using all means neccesary to win it? The story of these four soldiers should be shown so that Americans here at home, like yourself CAN and WILL be responsible for supporting what those American Soldiers where trying to do on your behalf.

That's the kind of news that I want to have on the front page.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Don Cardi] #359200
01/27/07 02:29 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

DC check the Times.. I think they had it on page one. The Post always has garbage on Page one

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: dontomasso] #359201
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
They want to whine about where things are placed in the newspaper so they can avoid the truth about the policy failures they have been defending. You know what the difference between a dog and a right winger? After a year or so a dog stops whining.

Pretty good one Don T

Want to know what the difference between a dog and a liberal? A dog licks his own balls to appease himself, a liberal licks everyone elses in order to appease them.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: Don Cardi] #359205
01/27/07 02:36 PM
01/27/07 02:36 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Pretty good one Don T

Want to know what the difference between a dog and a liberal? A dog licks his own balls to appease himself, a liberal licks everyone elses in order to appease them.

Don Cardi

Someone once told be the reason a dog licks his balls is because he can.

Last edited by dontomasso; 01/27/07 02:37 PM.

Re: Obama fights Fox News [Re: dontomasso] #359290
01/28/07 12:46 AM
01/28/07 12:46 AM
New York
M
Mr. Baggins Offline
Underboss
Mr. Baggins  Offline
M
Underboss
New York
Obviously the right wing smear machine is wasting no time spreading lies about the most promising democrat since JFK. I bet they have internal polls showing him running away from John "I'm not taking my meds nurse Ratchet" McCain, and Bernard Kerik's Sicilian Messenger boy Rudy Giuliani.

At least we have the Democrats to show us maturity, honesty, and class in avoiding all of this political name-calling nonsense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull