GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (CleanBandit, Malavita), 344 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,428
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? #358740
01/24/07 04:07 PM
01/24/07 04:07 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline OP
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline OP
Underboss
So, today, on my way to a mid-term exam, I was in a very serious car accident, and miraculously, neither the driver, nor I are injured. I don't know what to think. I honestly should be dead right now... We banked a sharp, blind turn going about 30 miles per hour (dumb move), and we spun out of control, hit a snow bank, at which point we were airborne. We did about 1.5 rotations in the air, landing on a tree, in the exact opposite direction we were driving. My friends car is totaled. We will never see that car again. The air bags went off, my glasses flew off. We hit a fucking tree doing 30. I was in the passanger seat. I should be dead.

I was in complete denial for about two minutes after it happened. Disbelief. And, what's weird is, we hit the tree at exactly 10:42. When I told my friends, they responded by saying they almost got into an accident out on a major intersection, but just avoided it by inches... At 10:42. It's almost like cosmically speaking, someone HAD to get into an accident.

My friend and I are both fine. My chest feels bruised, but otherwise, not a scratch on either one of us. We should both be dead or grossly injured, and that's messed up. Scariest moment of my entire life.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 01/24/07 04:11 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358753
01/24/07 05:17 PM
01/24/07 05:17 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Glad you escaped basically unharmed.

After the shock and trauma of the day subside, you'll have a heck of a story to tell your grandchildren.

I've never been in an accident anywhere near as harrowing, but in January, '94, I was driving down a sloped bridge after an ice storm and slid into the path of an oncoming fire truck with sirens blaring. Snow was plowed on either side of the street so there wasn't a whole lot of room for 2 vehicles to pass even if the road had been dry. I figured I was in for a head-on collision when at the last moment I was able to maneuver my car toward the right lane. I almost got the entire car (a Ford Taurus) into my lane when the truck clipped my left rear fender spinning my car sideways.

I got out of the car unhurt, but a apparently a little shaken up because after telling the fireman, who thought his truck was going to drive me over the bridge, I was okay, he asked if I was alone in the car. I yelled up to him, "Let me check," and proceeded to look inside my car...as if I had no idea of whether I had a passenger with me.

But anyhow, glad you're still among the living. Was that 10:42 EDT?

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: klydon1] #358754
01/24/07 05:25 PM
01/24/07 05:25 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: klydon1

But anyhow, glad you're still among the living. Was that 10:42 EDT?

Yeah. There were alot of crazy coincidences. I had been unbuckled for the past hour and a half, but for some reason, I felt prompted to buckle up about 30-45 seconds before we lost control of the vehicle, without any knowledge of what was ahead.

And, you know that statistic that says that 80% or so of all automobile accidents occur within a two mile radius of the victims neighborhood? Well, maybe I have the variables a little warped, but the accident occured on my street, two doors from my own home.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358756
01/24/07 05:31 PM
01/24/07 05:31 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
I realize that no one will believe me when I say this, but I woke up this morning at 10:42.. at least, that's when I first looked at the clock. I remember because I went to bed mega-late last night, and I was pissed I woke up so early.

I'm glad you're okay.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: bogey] #358757
01/24/07 05:33 PM
01/24/07 05:33 PM
Underboss
Underboss
That's really fucking weird, Bog...

I still don't think there is a single reason I should be living after a head on collision with a tree at about 30-40 mph. But I'm really glad I'm OK too.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358758
01/24/07 05:35 PM
01/24/07 05:35 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
[
Yeah. There were alot of crazy coincidences. I had been unbuckled for the past hour and a half, but for some reason, I felt prompted to buckle up about 30-45 seconds before we lost control of the vehicle, without any knowledge of what was ahead.

Maybe that decision saved your life.

I need to be better about using my safety belt as I usually drive over a thousand miles a week.

A state trooper that responded to many fatal accidents in his career onc told me that he never once found a fatality victim with his seat belt on.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358759
01/24/07 05:39 PM
01/24/07 05:39 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

You're lucky, dude - I'm glad you're okay! My friend's son wasn't so lucky -- his car exploded after hitting a tree and obviously he didn't make it.

I don't know how I'm alive, either, truthfully - all the stupid car stunts I pulled when I was younger. Let alone near-accidents, a minor accident, and one bad accident. All in bad weather - so be careful! And I hope you remember to buckle up from now on!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: J Geoff] #358760
01/24/07 05:43 PM
01/24/07 05:43 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Yeah, I'm usually pretty good about it, but today, I have no idea why I hadn't been buckled, and I don't know how much I care at this point. I'm just glad my friend and I are ok.

I'm sorry about your friend's son... My friend almost tried to start the engine after the accident, I think mostly in a dazed state, but luckily I stopped him. Could've been alot worse.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: klydon1] #358761
01/24/07 05:52 PM
01/24/07 05:52 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
I always have car accidents. They're not like in my bed where at least I've got a plastic sheet over my matress. But I'm there happily driving alone and shit, I'm sat in my own puddle of piss. Funnily enough, at 10:42 this morning.

On a serious note, glad to hear you're alright, that's some smash. The funniest accident I ever had was falling off a motorcycle at 40mph on snow, the bike goes one way, I carry on straight forward along the road, do a few rolls, my helmeted head bounces off the floor twice, and I realise I'm facing backwards, on my knees, still sliding and see this massive white van still coming towards me as if he's hit the same ice I did. Luckily, we both stop, the guy in the van gets out to see if I'm alright, I'm pissed off and throw my helmet away. This was at half 5 in the morning.

I then went to do a 12 hour shift bruised and battered.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: Turi Giuliano] #358762
01/24/07 06:00 PM
01/24/07 06:00 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Turi, you're a monster.

LLC, I'm so glad to hear you're okay. Someone definitely must be watching over you! Good reminder to everyone to buckle up and drive safe...and appreciate life.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358765
01/24/07 06:09 PM
01/24/07 06:09 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
That's really fucking weird, Bog...

Bathroom door, anyone?

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #358767
01/24/07 06:12 PM
DonVitoCorleone Offline
Underboss
DonVitoCorleone  Offline
Underboss
Damn LLC, glad you're alive.

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!
Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358768
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Glad that hear that you and your friend both walked away OK from what seems to have been a horrific accident.

And, what's weird is, we hit the tree at exactly 10:42. When I told my friends, they responded by saying they almost got into an accident out on a major intersection, but just avoided it by inches... At 10:42. It's almost like cosmically speaking, someone HAD to get into an accident.

Not to make light of what happened, but have you ever seen the movie 11:14?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #358769
01/24/07 06:19 PM
01/24/07 06:19 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
LLC, Thank God you are ok. A car can be replaced but you and your friend can't.

I was in a terrible accident back in '88 or'89. I don't remember anything about it except waking up in a hospital black and blue in terrible pain. I had a cast on both arms one for 6 wks and the other for 12 wks. I had to send my 2 babies at the time to live with my in-laws cuz I couldn't take care of them. That hurt worse than the physical pain I was going through.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: Mignon] #358770
01/24/07 06:27 PM
01/24/07 06:27 PM
Underboss
Underboss
I really appreciate everyones concern. Really.

I've never seen that one, Cardi. Is it worth checking out?

Turi, that's the craziest story ever. You should have challanged that van driver to a knife-fight, to make it better. I want you to wait a week or so, and then tell me the story again, only with a few alterations for dramatic effect, including a knife fight.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358771
01/24/07 06:39 PM
01/24/07 06:39 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I've never seen that one, Cardi. Is it worth checking out?

Well it sort of parallels what happened with you today at that specific time that in the movie, there are several different occurances that happen at 11:14.

It's just that when I read your post about the time and what your friend told you about that same time, it reminded me of the movie 11:14. It's worth checking out.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: Don Cardi] #358772
01/24/07 06:41 PM
01/24/07 06:41 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Yeah, I understand. I think I might have to do that, especially in light of the days events.

And I need something to take my mind of the mild headache I've had for the past seven hours, anywho.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358776
01/24/07 06:53 PM
01/24/07 06:53 PM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

I'm glad you and your friend are alright. A miracle - you putting on your seatbelt.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358788
01/24/07 08:14 PM
01/24/07 08:14 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
My chest feels bruised, but otherwise, not a scratch on either one of us.

You are amazingly lucky, to be sure. No question about that.

But still, just to be on the safe side, I hope you have a doctor fully check you out ASAP.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: Signor Vitelli] #358801
01/24/07 09:33 PM
01/24/07 09:33 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I'm very glad to hear you're ok, LLC! I can't even imagine what it must have been like. You're very lucky, indeed!

I'm sure it must have been a very traumatic experience. Just hang in there, man. Your BB family is here for you, as corny as that sounds.

Last edited by XDCX; 01/24/07 09:33 PM.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: XDCX] #358803
01/24/07 09:42 PM
01/24/07 09:42 PM
Underboss
Underboss
As long as I don't have to put up with that fucking sad violin they play at the end of every episode of "Full House" I can deal with the corniness.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: XDCX] #358804
01/24/07 09:45 PM
01/24/07 09:45 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
LLC, I echo everyone's sentiments here. Glad that you and your friend are fine. I also echo SV's statement that you should get yourself checked, though. Thank goodness you were buckled in. A good lesson for us all. Don't even back out of your driveway without your belt on.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #358813
01/24/07 10:45 PM
01/24/07 10:45 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I put my belt on as soon as my ass hits the seat. I wasn't wearing mine when I had my car accident cuz back then it wasn't a law like it is now.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #358820
01/24/07 11:31 PM
01/24/07 11:31 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
LLC, I echo everyone's sentiments here. Glad that you and your friend are fine. I also echo SV's statement that you should get yourself checked, though. Thank goodness you were buckled in. A good lesson for us all. Don't even back out of your driveway without your belt on.

I don't know... I hate to sound arrogant, but I think it's just whiplash. I'm feeling 100% now.

But thanks for your concern. It's the weirdest feeling ever. I can't even begin to describe what was going through my head at the time. I've tried many times, and I think I've failed to really accurately describe it each time.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358825
01/25/07 12:09 AM
01/25/07 12:09 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania

I can't even begin to describe what was going through my head at the time.

Be thankful it wasn't the windshield ;). Be well.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #358862
01/25/07 06:14 AM
01/25/07 06:14 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Wow, I'm glad you're okay... There's nothing like that feeling when you think you're about to die or be seriously injured. I've had it a few times, but thank God, I've always ended up okay. Anyway, lucky that you put on the seatbelt just in time.

I wish you a fast recovery from the headache and chest pain... why would it be bruised, from the seatbelt? Or the airbag? If it actually is bruised, by the way, that's not good, you should get it checked out. And usually the next day is worse for pain-- tomorrow you might have neck and back pain as well, those tend to show up later. But hopefully you'll be better soon.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: klydon1] #358865
01/25/07 08:24 AM
01/25/07 08:24 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: klydon1

I can't even begin to describe what was going through my head at the time.

Be thankful it wasn't the windshield.

Ain't that the truth!

Thats a helluva story, llc, and a lucky one for you. It may have been an expensive story to learn (especially for your friend by losing his car) but if its lesson learned is forcing you to wear your seatbelt it may have been been a GOOD lesson for you.

Off topic - Two days ago I was talking to a co-worker about how we associate some numbers with others and I used the number 10 as an example.... I told her I associate that number with 42 because it was my homeroom class in sophomore high school. Just yesterday at the exact time you had your misfortune I was signing into a doctor's appointment (I had to look at my watch to see what time it was when I signed in). Maybe I should play that number (10-42) now .

That aside, I'm glad you're OK!

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: SC] #358873
01/25/07 10:19 AM
01/25/07 10:19 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I always associate the number 42 with Jackie Robinson. I started doing this since baseball retired his number generally in 1997.

Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: klydon1] #358924
01/25/07 04:16 PM
01/25/07 04:16 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Let's see...

It happened at 10:42...

Luke 10:42 - "But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

John 10:42 - And many believed on him there.

The number 10 can represent perfection: Something that scores perfectly is "a perfect ten".

The number 42 is The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, according to Douglas Adams' series The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Seems our long_lost_corleone is destined for some great things - perhaps even is The Key to the Universe !!

But then again, it happened on 01/24 - which is the exact opposite of both 10 and 42

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Car Accidents? Near Death Experiences? [Re: J Geoff] #358926
01/25/07 04:23 PM
01/25/07 04:23 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Letizia B.
Wow, I'm glad you're okay... There's nothing like that feeling when you think you're about to die or be seriously injured. I've had it a few times, but thank God, I've always ended up okay. Anyway, lucky that you put on the seatbelt just in time.

I wish you a fast recovery from the headache and chest pain... why would it be bruised, from the seatbelt? Or the airbag? If it actually is bruised, by the way, that's not good, you should get it checked out. And usually the next day is worse for pain-- tomorrow you might have neck and back pain as well, those tend to show up later. But hopefully you'll be better soon.

Well, I didn't even make contact with the airbag. The seat belt pulled me back. So, it was just a bit of whiplash. Luckily, I woke up this morning feeling fine, aside from an unrelated soar/dry throat, which was medicated with a jug of orange juice.

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

But then again, it happened on 01/24 - which is the exact opposite of both 10 and 42

I didn't even notice that. That's bizarre. It's a miracle that the universe didn't explode at that very moment in time.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull