GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, 1 invisible), 122 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,552
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #384903
04/14/07 01:17 PM
04/14/07 01:17 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Whereas comedies aren't comedies if they're not funny, right?

Just as horror films aren't horror films if they're not in some way frightening...?

Exactly. If they're not funny, stick them in the drama section.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Irishman12] #384909
04/14/07 01:36 PM
04/14/07 01:36 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
AAAAGH!

But if a Drama is funny, do you stick it in the comedy section?

If a comedy has a sad scene in it, do you stick it in the drama section?

If an action movie has a scary scene in it, do you stick it in the horror section?

If a horror movie has a gun fight in it,do you stick it in the action section?

If an American-drama has half-Italian dialogue in it, do you stick it in the foreign section?

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 04/14/07 01:37 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: 2007 Movies [Re: long_lost_corleone] #384910
04/14/07 01:39 PM
04/14/07 01:39 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
You're taking this way too extreme LLC. If a movie doesn't make me laugh at all, yes, stick it in the drama section (don't mislead people). If a drama is funny (and it has funny lines in it), stick it in drama. Goodfellas for example is a drama but has a lot of humerous dialogue. It's a serious piece but a lot of the lines I find funny. It's still a drama. It's not trying to be National Lampoon's Goodfellas

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Irishman12] #384911
04/14/07 01:41 PM
04/14/07 01:41 PM
Underboss
Underboss
But if you did not find it funny, does this mean it is not a comedy?

I thought Shawn of the Dead was funny. The bulk of American audiences seem to disagree with me. Should it be put in the drama section? No. Horror? I don't think so.

I don't think that shitty Will Ferrell NASCAR movie was funny. Rednecks and people of low IQ did. Should it be classified as a drama? Never.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: 2007 Movies [Re: long_lost_corleone] #384915
04/14/07 01:58 PM
04/14/07 01:58 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
But if you did not find it funny, does this mean it is not a comedy?

If I didn't find it funny it would mean it is not a comedy because it is a drama (same thing with Schindler's List.

I don't think that shitty Will Ferrell NASCAR movie was funny. Rednecks and people of low IQ did. Should it be classified as a drama? Never.

Yes but the aim of the film was to be funny or to be a comedy, not a drama. So whether or not you laughed or found it funny, it belongs in the comedy section.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Irishman12] #384928
04/14/07 04:02 PM
04/14/07 04:02 PM
Underboss
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12

Yes but the aim of the film was to be funny or to be a comedy, not a drama. So whether or not you laughed or found it funny, it belongs in the comedy section.

NUH-UH! It wasn't funny! It belongs in the drama section!

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: long_lost_corleone] #384939
04/14/07 04:27 PM
04/14/07 04:27 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

NUH-UH! It wasn't funny! It belongs in the drama section!

Girls...girls...this conversation belongs in the drama section.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: 2007 Movies [Re: pizzaboy] #385037
04/14/07 09:53 PM
04/14/07 09:53 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Damn straight it does. Right next to the Unrated DVD of Harold and Kumar. What a sad, dramatic movie. It brought my grandmother to tears...

Because she was laughing so hard on account of the eighth of weed she smoked, which is actually what possessed her to rent it.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: long_lost_corleone] #385040
04/14/07 10:01 PM
04/14/07 10:01 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Now that post was funnier than all of EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH!

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #385569
04/16/07 01:54 PM
04/16/07 01:54 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
If a comedy fails, it doesn't by default become a drama. That doesn't make sense, at all. Right, don't mislead people, by telling them this is a dramatic movie.

As if drama and comedy are mutually exclusive terms, anyway. (I think comedy's opposite is by definition tragedy, with drama, whatever that means, somewhere in between, or caught in the wilderness; but whatever.)

I've said it in another thread today, too, but the way you're using comedy, Irish, by definition, means there is no room for criticism. You're using the term as a criticism in itself, a positive criticism. It means that if you call something a comedy, it is by default very funny and worth seeing.

Wrong. There are loads of shit comedies out there. American Pie is a comedy, but I don't find it funny at all. It certainly isn't a drama, it is by stylistic conventions, a comedy. Add "teen" in front of that to signify its target demographic, but it's still a comedy.

Comedy doesn't mean good nor bad, it's just a shorthand label to describe a work's conventions. If a comedy fails to make you laugh, then it's an ineffective comedy. It's still a comedy, it's just not very good.

Know what I mean...?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #385574
04/16/07 02:13 PM
04/16/07 02:13 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
The first question that you have to ask yourself is :

"Does it amuse you? Does it make you laugh? Funny how? Like a clown?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Don Cardi] #385575
04/16/07 02:16 PM
04/16/07 02:16 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
"It's here to fucking amuse you...?"

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #390948
05/05/07 08:47 PM
05/05/07 08:47 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Spider-Man 3 *** 1/2
(First Viewing)

Peter Parker has finally managed to piece together the once-broken parts of his life, maintaining a balance between his relationship with Mary-Jane and his responsibility as Spider-Man. But more challenges arise for our young hero. Peter's old friend Harry Obsourne has set out for revenge against Peter; taking up the mantle of his late father's persona as The New Goblin, and Peter must also capture Uncle Ben's real killer, Flint Marko, who has been transformed into his toughest foe yet, the Sandman. All hope seems lost when suddenly Peter's suit turns jet-black and greatly amplifies his powers. But it also begins to greatly amplify the much darker qualities of Peter's personality that he begins to lose himself to. Peter has to reach deep inside himself to free the compassionate hero he used to be if he is to ever conquer the darkness within and face not only his greatest enemies, but also...himself.

My pick to be the highest grossing film of the year but it wasn't as great as I had anticipated. I'm not quite sure what my expectations were for the film prior to seeing it, but it didn't have the same affect 300 and Grindhouse had on me (which was an IMMEDIATE secong viewing ASAP). The action sequences were great however I felt some of them were a bit choppy due to the extreme use of CGI and the lighting. I'm also not the biggest Sandman fan and thought they tried to cram too much into this film. They could have easily left it at Venom and the New Goblin.

The first is still my favorite movie of the trilogy and I really can't see this franchise going on without Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi (although unfortunately it might). This is definitely the best comic book franchise ever in terms of the films. Each of these films is great whereas Batman and Superman had some bumps in the road, nothing has slowed down Spider-Man.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: long_lost_corleone] #399690
06/09/07 08:16 PM
06/09/07 08:16 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END
(First Viewing)

After Elizabeth (Keira Knightly), Will (Orlando Bloom), and Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) rescue Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) from the clutches of the Kraken, they must face their foes, Davey Jones (Bill Nighy) and Lord Cutler Beckett (Tom Hollander). Beckett, now with control of Jones' heart, forms a dark alliance with him in order to rule the seas and wipe out the last of the Pirates. Now, Jack, Barbossa, Will, Elizabeth, Tia Delma, and crew must call the Pirate Lords from the four corners of the globe, including the infamous Sao Feng (Chow-Yun Fat), to a gathering that will make their final stand against Beckett, Jones, Norrington, the Flying Dutchman, and the entire East India Trading Company.

Probably the weakest of the trilogy IMO. If you thought PIRATES 2 was long, this one's even longer (so prepare yourself). Not as much humor in this one and Johnny Depp I didn't find to be as loveably as he was in the original.

Warning, Spoiler:
After initially being against Chow Yun-Fat being cast in this film, I'm more upset now that they hardly used him. Plus, when Will died, I was hoping Elizabeth would go with Jack \:\(

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Irishman12] #399692
06/09/07 08:18 PM
06/09/07 08:18 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
HOSTEL: PART II
(First Viewing)

3 beautiful college students are tricked into entering a hostel where the 'hosts' like to torture, rape and murder. Following a geographical tour of Slovakia, three women are lured into a hostel by a handsome young man who sells them to the twisted masters, who tie them up and bring upon an unthinkable world of pain.

A great sequel to follow up the original. A more in depth storyline that I thought was fascinating, since it focused more on how this business operates as opposed to focusing on another 3 American tourists who get captured, tortured, killed, etc. There was still some gore but probably not as much as the original. If you enjoyed HOSTEL, then I would endorse visiting your local theater to view HOSTEL: PART II.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Irishman12] #403447
06/17/07 08:52 PM
06/17/07 08:52 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER
(First Viewing)

After the death of Dr. Doom the Fantastic Four think life is back to normal. Reed Richards and Sue Storm make plans to get married, but are interrupted when the Silver Surfer shows up, trying to destroy the earth and it's up to the fantastic four to deal with them, as well as with the return of Dr. Doom.

Far superior to the original. As in GHOST RIDER, the special FX were out of this world (they really did a good job). I'm glad to see Tim Story and crew came back and did a better job with this Marvel property. I was surprised to see them get away with just a PG rating but they did a good job with it. Not as much humor in this one as there was in the original, but that didn't matter. The Silver Surfer character and again the special FX more than made up for it. I'm definitely looking forward to a third installment which I feel will be made. Also, there's talk of a possible SILVER SURFER spin-off. Can we be so lucky?

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Irishman12] #403662
06/18/07 01:23 PM
06/18/07 01:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
(First Viewing)

After the death of Dr. Doom the Fantastic Four think life is back to normal. Reed Richards and Sue Storm make plans to get married, but are interrupted when the Silver Surfer shows up, trying to destroy the earth and it's up to the fantastic four to deal with them, as well as with the return of Dr. Doom.

Far superior to the original. As in GHOST RIDER, the special FX were out of this world (they really did a good job). I'm glad to see Tim Story and crew came back and did a better job with this Marvel property. I was surprised to see them get away with just a PG rating but they did a good job with it. Not as much humor in this one as there was in the original, but that didn't matter. The Silver Surfer character and again the special FX more than made up for it. I'm definitely looking forward to a third installment which I feel will be made. Also, there's talk of a possible SILVER SURFER spin-off. Can we be so lucky?

How did Miss Alba look?

Stupid question, like she ever looks bad...

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: 2007 Movies [Re: pizzaboy] #403668
06/18/07 01:32 PM
06/18/07 01:32 PM
Underboss
Underboss
There is some funny talk of Alba over on IMDB's discussion forums for the upcomming sequel to Sin City... Petition's to remove her from the film on the basis she won't go topless... bashing thread's... thread's calling her a slut... Oh, and one includes a quote from an interview in which she stated she's a fan of one-night stands, as long as the guy is gone when she wakes up. She's not a fan of cuddling, so it'd seem.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: long_lost_corleone] #403669
06/18/07 01:34 PM
06/18/07 01:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That don't make her a bad person.

I did read a recent interview with her where she stated she'd like to do a project that empowered women.

Rabble rousing slut!

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: pizzaboy] #403670
06/18/07 01:36 PM
06/18/07 01:36 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
That'd have to be a propaganda film, since, you know, all women are objects and all that.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #403671
06/18/07 01:38 PM
06/18/07 01:38 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I knew I could count on you, Capo.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: pizzaboy] #403678
06/18/07 01:45 PM
06/18/07 01:45 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Definitely. Women are just animated, portable vessels for depositing sperm when we see fit.

In the mouth, in the ears, in the hair, on backs, on stomachs, on, up, in... yeah.

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 06/18/07 01:46 PM.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #403680
06/18/07 01:46 PM
06/18/07 01:46 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Definitely. Women are just animated, portable vessels for depositing sperm when we see fit.

In the mouth, in the ears, in the hair, on backs, on stomachs, on, up, in... yeah.

Some of them aren't even animated.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: pizzaboy] #403686
06/18/07 02:02 PM
06/18/07 02:02 PM
Southampton, England
DonPacino Offline
Don'Scarface' Pacino
DonPacino  Offline
Don'Scarface' Pacino
Capo
Southampton, England
Pirates of the carribean: At Worlds End ***
Better than the second film of the trilogy, but not as good as the first film. This film confirmed to me that Orlando Bloom cannot act, but that's just my opinion. Although it is a long film, it is filled up with many plots which can get confusing. All in all I enjoyed this movie although I do not want Disney to make a sequel even though they probably will considering Depp loves the character, as do the fans. I also think Geoffrey Rush and of course, Johnny Depp stole the show.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: pizzaboy] #403696
06/18/07 02:26 PM
06/18/07 02:26 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
(First Viewing)

How did Miss Alba look?

She looked good, maybe better than in the original. However suspect_5 is obsessed with her. I think she's attractive (she's not ugly), but I just don't see her as this "goddess" like every other male in the country seems to. I'd take Natalie Portman over her any old day of the week good sir! \:\)

BTW, did you ever get to see MR. BROOKS this weekend?

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #403697
06/18/07 02:28 PM
06/18/07 02:28 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro

One of the funniest posts I've read in recent memory. Capo, like LLC, you have your moments and can put a smile on my face

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: DonPacino] #403756
06/18/07 07:29 PM
06/18/07 07:29 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: DonPacino
Pirates of the carribean: At Worlds End ***
Better than the second film of the trilogy, but not as good as the first film. This film confirmed to me that Orlando Bloom cannot act, but that's just my opinion. Although it is a long film, it is filled up with many plots which can get confusing. All in all I enjoyed this movie although I do not want Disney to make a sequel even though they probably will considering Depp loves the character, as do the fans. I also think Geoffrey Rush and of course, Johnny Depp stole the show.

Well, Bloom couldn't act in the first film....but Bloom was a different man in PIRATES 2. He seemed useful and worth a shit....and hey, he ACTED.

I know change and internet don't go together, but COME ON...

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #403759
06/18/07 07:39 PM
06/18/07 07:39 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Hey Irish, why is it that you see every bad parody comedy and horror slasher, but not for BUG?

Its that good.

Re: 2007 Movies [Re: pizzaboy] #403767
06/18/07 09:09 PM
06/18/07 09:09 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago

How did Miss Alba look?

She looks good from the projection room.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: 2007 Movies [Re: pizzaboy] #403794
06/18/07 11:27 PM
06/18/07 11:27 PM
Underboss
Underboss

Some of them aren't even animated.

Well, you know what I always say; a woman without a baby in her uterus is a woman with bruises.

Why do you think they make those belts with studs in them, anyway?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull