GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 391 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,370
Posts1,059,523
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: dontomasso] #358734
01/24/07 03:13 PM
01/24/07 03:13 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
If I were to go to her website I'd probably get a virus that would destroy my computer.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: dontomasso] #358763
01/24/07 06:07 PM
01/24/07 06:07 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Go to her website for a comprehensive list of the bills she has either tried to pass or pass. There is no doubt that she has brought home a lot of pork for upstate New York, which badly needs it.

I took your advice and went to her website and read many of the bills that she has sponsered or co-sponsered. Truthfully I see that most of them never passed and were just reffered to the proper committees for further review.

And also with most of them, as a citizen of New York, I do not really see that many bills sponsered or co-sponsered that would benefit the state (which btw she suddenly adopted after her husband's presidency was over) that she represents.

I'm sorry, but I just do not see an impressive track record that qualifies her to be the President United States Of America.

What I do find very interesting is how she is not steadfast on her issues and seems to lack self conviction. Below are various statements that she has made from her senate floor speeches all the way to television interviews.

........"I am not sorry that I voted for a resolution authorizing President Bush to take military action in Iraq."

........"I have continually raised doubts about the President's claims, lack of planning and execution of the war."

........"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security."

........."The United Nations is an organization that is still growing and maturing. It often lacks the cohesion to enforce its own mandates. And when Security Council members use the veto, on occasion, for reasons of narrow-minded interests, it cannot act."

........"The Bush Administration short-circuited the U.N. inspectors - the last line of defense against the possibility that our intelligence was false."

She is someone who seems to sway in whichever direction the wind happens to be blowing at that moment.

Not presidential material as far as I'm concerned.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Don Cardi] #358791
01/24/07 08:51 PM
01/24/07 08:51 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
You better run your virus scan DC.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Mignon] #358800
01/24/07 09:12 PM
01/24/07 09:12 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Mignon
You better run your virus scan DC.

A virus on my computer from her website really doesn't matter now.

I was "slimed" by her in person already. Remember?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Don Cardi] #358802
01/24/07 09:33 PM
01/24/07 09:33 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Oh yeah I remember you telling me that. I still feel sorry for you for that.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: dontomasso] #358867
01/25/07 08:33 AM
01/25/07 08:33 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

But what I'd really like to see is someone provide some details or facts on what she has actually done for this country as a whole. I would like for someone to tell me how many bills she's presented, that have passed, that have helped the American people. Don Cardi

What about for the state is is suppose to be representing?

Go to her website for a comprehensive list of the bills she has either tried to pass or pass. There is no doubt that she has brought home a lot of pork for upstate New York, which badly needs it.

Or, you could listen to DC, and also live in NY, to see the vast ineptitude and non-effect that Hillary has had as a Senator from this state.

ANYONE who thinks her run for NY Senator was anything more than a launching pad for the Presidency is a fool. She has done zero for New York State, and it only continues to lend credence to why she shouldn't be President.

I fondly recall a quote that says "Any man who actually wants the job of the President should not run."

I think that phrase can be made gender-neutral.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Double-J] #358888
01/25/07 01:35 PM
01/25/07 01:35 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I do wonder if Hillary's quest for the Presidency isn't because she actually wants the job...but simply to get the glory of being the FIRST Madam President.

Knowing of her personality, either reason for wanting the job is probable, if not both.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #358893
01/25/07 02:00 PM
01/25/07 02:00 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

What are specific examples of her "ineptitude" as a Senator?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: dontomasso] #358900
01/25/07 02:34 PM
01/25/07 02:34 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

What are specific examples of her "ineptitude" as a Senator?

Instead, I'd rather try to have you list all of the wonderful things you claimed she's done, according to her website, which of course, would never be propagandizing her record!

And then we can see what all of us from NY think about that useless banter.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Double-J] #358907
01/25/07 02:43 PM
01/25/07 02:43 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Using information to defend Hillary from her own website is like taking Tricky Dick Nixon's word for granted on what happened with Watergate.

Give me independent and legit information from somewhere else, and I'll go with ya.

Otherwise, I'll keep making jokes about New Yorkers.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #358908
01/25/07 02:44 PM
01/25/07 02:44 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Using information to defend Hillary from her own website is like taking Tricky Dick Nixon's word for granted on what happened with Watergate.

Give me independent and legit information from somewhere else, and I'll go with ya.

Otherwise, I'll keep making jokes about New Yorkers.

Well, apparently someone in this thread thinks its worthwhile, considering they cited it.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Double-J] #359056
01/26/07 10:39 AM
01/26/07 10:39 AM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Double-J
Originally Posted By: Senza Mama
Originally Posted By: Brwne Byte

I don't follow polotics vary much.
But I do know that I have nothing against Hillary, and think she would be a good president.

You don't follow politics very much, but yet because you have nothing against Hillary, you think that she would make a good president?

If you don't follow politics, then what would make you feel that she would be a good president? Or anyone who is running for that matter?

You see, this is what scares me in general. People making statements like this will go out and vote for someone, not really knowing anything about them, but only voting for them because they happen to like their name, or the way that they look, or because of their ethnic background, etc. Not making an educated decision based on where that person running for office stands on certain issues, or knowing their track resord.

Don Cardi

Universal Suffrage...a real pain in the ass eh DC??

Actually, the real problem is arrogant foreigners without a clue...

I'll ignore the undercurrent ofracism there, but it wasn't me who voted in a buffoon...twice! Sorry I'll take that back, you only voted him in twice, he lost the first time!!

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Senza Mama] #359068
01/26/07 12:39 PM
01/26/07 12:39 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

I'll ignore the undercurrent ofracism there.....

Apparently I'm missing something; where is there an undercurrent of racism in this thread?

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: SC] #359081
01/26/07 01:44 PM
01/26/07 01:44 PM
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
SC, I believe covert racism has many forms. I was alluding to JJ's description of me as an arrogant foreigner. Now he didn't refer to a thick Paddy or a bog trotter. What JJ has (IMO) is a typical island mentality where everthing that is not (in this case) American should be treated with a healthy dose of suspicion. He feels comfortable being one of the pack, he needs to belong, so he immediately tries to point out that I'm an outsider (he's not one of us, not the same as you and me). He wants to please the pack leaders, those who he looks up to (Apple & Don Cardi). It's known as the pack mentality or herd brhaviour. I refer you to WD Hamilton's seminal piece "Geometry for The Selfish Herd"

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: SC] #359082
01/26/07 02:20 PM
01/26/07 02:20 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: SC

I'll ignore the undercurrent ofracism there.....

Apparently I'm missing something; where is there an undercurrent of racism in this thread?

Racism is the wrong word. It is xenophobia.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Senza Mama] #359085
01/26/07 02:30 PM
01/26/07 02:30 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Senza Mama -

I don't know that JJ looks up to me, I think that he actually has his own opinions as there were many times in the past where he and I disagreed about certain issues.

Now let me ask you something, Ok?

Am I not a foreigner to you? You live in a different country than I do. I live in a different country than you. I do not have any allegiace to your country. Nor do you to mine.

Of course I am a foreigner to you, just as you are one to me.

There is nothing wrong or racist about reffering to someone as being a foreigner.

I think after all this time conversing together here on the boards I can safely say that you are not the type to use the racist card in any of your arguements. Therefore I'll have to chalk off your thinking that JJ was making a racist remark as a result of you misinterpreting the true meaning of the word foreigner.

There is nothing offensive or wrong with the word foreigner.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Don Cardi] #359089
01/26/07 02:55 PM
01/26/07 02:55 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Senza Mama -

I don't know that JJ looks up to me, I think that he actually has his own opinions as there were many times in the past where he and I disagreed about certain issues.

Now let me ask you something, Ok?

Am I not a foreigner to you? You live in a different country than I do. I live in a different country than you. I do not have any allegiace to your country. Nor do you to mine.

Of course I am a foreigner to you, just as you are one to me.

There is nothing wrong or racist about reffering to someone as being a foreigner.

I think after all this time conversing together here on the boards I can safely say that you are not the type to use the racist card in any of your arguements. Therefore I'll have to chalk off your thinking that JJ was making a racist remark as a result of you misinterpreting the true meaning of the word foreigner.

There is nothing offensive or wrong with the word foreigner.

Don Cardi

I see what you're saying, and I agree that, in and of itself, the term "foreigner" is neutral.

What I think Senza objects to is the context, in which it was placed (arrogant foreigner), that may carry a perjorative connotation. While the emoticon might imply that the comment was made in jest, Senza could reasonably draw the inference, "What does my being a foreigner have to do with the dialogue? What is the reason to indicate my citizenship when calling me arrogant?"

By comparison, the words "Jew" or "Catholic" are neutral on their face, but if a person is described as an "arrogant Jew" or "arrogant Catholic", then the words may become charged with new, broader meaning.

The remark was originally lost on me as I had no idea that Senza lived outside the USA. And again, I think that Double J intended the remark to be a playful joke and not to be taken seriously.

By the way, Senza's analysis is interesting. I'm afraid how he might size me up.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: klydon1] #359091
01/26/07 03:06 PM
01/26/07 03:06 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Point taken Klyd.

Personally, and many of the older members here will tell you this about me, I am the first one to lose it if I feel ANY kind of racism or prejudice is being used, especially if it is against another member here.

I have no tolerance for that kind of bullshit in life itself, period.

But I really do NOT think that there was an intent to be racist or prejudice in this case.

I guess that I feel that there is an abscence of malice.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Don Cardi] #359092
01/26/07 03:16 PM
01/26/07 03:16 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I agree. As I said, I didn't see anything racist either in the intent.

Just a joke that backfired...albeit not with the fallout that John Kerry had.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Senza Mama] #359099
01/26/07 03:46 PM
01/26/07 03:46 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I've replied to Senza Mama.

Thanks for your input, guys.

Ladies and gents, lets try to remember we're an international community here. Everyone's opinion is equal even if the subject of AMERICAN politics is at hand.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: SC] #359102
01/26/07 03:50 PM
01/26/07 03:50 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Was it Archie Bunker who said that we're all equal, but some of us are more equal than others.

Last edited by klydon1; 01/26/07 03:51 PM.
Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: klydon1] #359103
01/26/07 03:55 PM
01/26/07 03:55 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Was it Archie Bunker who said that we're all equal, but some of us are more equal than others.

Sounds like something he'd say.

I wonder what HIS rant would be (about Hillary Clinton).

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: SC] #359107
01/26/07 04:48 PM
01/26/07 04:48 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I can't even imagine! Maybe something like :

"If dat president Clinton dere would have kept his woman in da kitchen, where she balongs, den we wouldn't be in dis mess right now wit a woman wantin to become da president. Who eva heard of such a ting!"

One of my favorites was when Archie was doing a crossword puzzle and he was looking for a four letter Italian word for "goodbye" and came up with Bang. B-A-N-G.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: klydon1] #359111
01/26/07 05:03 PM
01/26/07 05:03 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY

I remember it from Orwell's Animal Farm:

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Don Cardi] #359112
01/26/07 05:11 PM
01/26/07 05:11 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania

I can't even imagine! Maybe something like :

"If dat president Clinton dere would have kept his woman in da kitchen, where she balongs, den we wouldn't be in dis mess right now wit a woman wantin to become da president. Who eva heard of such a ting!"

One of my favorites was when Archie was doing a crossword puzzle and he was looking for a four letter Italian word for "goodbye" and came up with Bang. B-A-N-G.

Don Cardi

My favorite Archie line was his argument against gun control. When his daughter argued that there were 10,000 hand gun deaths in the past year, Archie replied, "Would ya feel better if they was pushed out windows?"

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Don Cardi] #360348
02/01/07 06:01 PM
02/01/07 06:01 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline OP
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline OP
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell

I don't know. Looks to me that Smitty's use of the word pig was properly applied when defining a certain Senator from New York!

Don Cardi

I agree.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Signor Vitelli] #360494
02/01/07 11:06 PM
02/01/07 11:06 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli

I remember it from Orwell's Animal Farm:

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Signor V.

That's right! Wow, did I miss by a mile.

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Senza Mama] #360561
02/02/07 01:07 PM
02/02/07 01:07 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: Double-J
Originally Posted By: Brwne Byte

I don't follow polotics vary much.
But I do know that I have nothing against Hillary, and think she would be a good president.

You don't follow politics very much, but yet because you have nothing against Hillary, you think that she would make a good president?

If you don't follow politics, then what would make you feel that she would be a good president? Or anyone who is running for that matter?

You see, this is what scares me in general. People making statements like this will go out and vote for someone, not really knowing anything about them, but only voting for them because they happen to like their name, or the way that they look, or because of their ethnic background, etc. Not making an educated decision based on where that person running for office stands on certain issues, or knowing their track resord.

Don Cardi

Universal Suffrage...a real pain in the ass eh DC??

Actually, the real problem is arrogant foreigners without a clue...

I'll ignore the undercurrent ofracism there, but it wasn't me who voted in a buffoon...twice! Sorry I'll take that back, you only voted him in twice, he lost the first time!!

I'm not anti-Anglican.

And he never lost.

Regards,
Double-J

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Double-J] #360592
02/02/07 05:04 PM
02/02/07 05:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

"I don't regret giving the president authority"

"How could they have been so poorly prepared for the aftermath of the toppling of Saddam Hussein?"

==========================================================

"I'm so happy being senator from New York right now. I love my life. I love my job. I want to see it through," Clinton said. "The people of New York took a chance on me, and I'm well aware of that. I said I wouldn't run, and I really mean it. I'm not going to run."

"Only a new president can renew the promise of America. I'm in it to win it."

============================================================

"The Administration refused repeated requests from the U.N. inspectors to finish their work."

"The United Nations is an organization that is still growing and maturing. It often lacks the cohesion to enforce its own mandates."

=========================================================

"We have to face the fact we need a larger active-duty military. I don't think we have any alternatives. We cannot continue to stretch our troops, both active-duty, Guard and Reserve, to the breaking point."

"We need to resolve the political problems in Iraq."

"I'm for redeploying our troops out of Baghdad and eventually out of Iraq so we can make sure that they're not in the midst of a civil war."

==========================================================

"U.S. policy must be clear and unequivocal: We cannot, we should not, we must not permit Iran to build or acquire nuclear weapons. In dealing with this threat no option can be taken off the table."

"I don't believe you face threats like Iran or North Korea by outsourcing it to others and standing on the sidelines."

"We cannot and should not—must not—permit Iran to build or acquire nuclear weapons. To be sure, we need to cajole China and Russia into going along with diplomatic and economic sanctions."

"First, and most obviously, we must by word and deed renew internationalism for a new century."

"We did not face World War II alone, we did not face the Cold War alone, and we cannot face the global terrorist threat or other profound challenges alone either."

- Hillary Clinton

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Pig to run for President. [Re: Don Cardi] #360595
02/02/07 05:11 PM
02/02/07 05:11 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
DC, what are you trying to say?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull