GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 249 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays #348447
12/07/06 02:39 PM
12/07/06 02:39 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP
Sicilian Babe  Offline OP

New York
I read an article in my local paper the other day about a Catholic church that is selling buttons that say "Don't be afraid to wish me a Merry Christmas". I was wondering what the feeling here was regarding this sentiment.

Some people quoted in the article were offended by the buttons and felt that they were exclusionary. Others were relieved, because sometimes people feel that they don't know what to say, and don't want to offend anyone.

In a way, I can understand both viewpoints. I think that "Christmas" has become a gift-giving frenzy instead of the celebration of the birth of Christ (for those that believe). A friend of mine said the other day that she "loves" to "celebrate" Christmas. However, she's Jewish. I told her that she loves to celebrate decorations and trees and exchanging presents, but that she does not celebrate Christmas. At first, she was offended, but then she agreed with me. I told her it was akin to my "celebrating" Passover because I like to sit down with those that I love and eat a big meal.

Has Christmas evolved from a Holy Day for believers in Christ to something else? I'd be curious to know what you folks think.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Sicilian Babe] #348449
12/07/06 02:49 PM
12/07/06 02:49 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
ugh

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Sicilian Babe] #348451
12/07/06 02:55 PM
12/07/06 02:55 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
I am not a christian, but I am not offended if someone says "merry christmas" to me. I will wish them back infact. You are right that the non-christians will not celebrate for the same reasons as the devout chrisitans do, but I see no harm in it. If not for all those fun aspects, a strictly religious festival might have faded away in today's society. Atleast the spirit is alive. I absolutely love the christmas colors(red, white, gold etc), the decorations and stuff. I visited a CVS store recently and was carried away by the beautiful christmas coloring scheme they have there. Ofcourse I was not thinking about saving a hungry child in Africa or something, but it is a feel good thing. Needless to say, that was IMHO, I don't mean to offend any christian members here. Merry Christmas to everyone in advance

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Sicilian Babe] #348496
12/07/06 03:35 PM
12/07/06 03:35 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

A friend of mine said the other day that she "loves" to "celebrate" Christmas. However, she's Jewish. I told her that she loves to celebrate decorations and trees and exchanging presents, but that she does not celebrate Christmas. At first, she was offended, but then she agreed with me. I told her it was akin to my "celebrating" Passover because I like to sit down with those that I love and eat a big meal.

Whats the fuss about Jews "celebrating" Christmas? They're "celebrating" the birth of a fellow Jew.

I'm not Catholic but many of my friends are. Both of my wives were. I grew up in a "mixed" neighborhood and learned early on the wonders of Christmas. I liked them. I "celebrated" some of the tidings of the Christmas season like gift-giving and decorating my home. Is this the true reason to "celebrate"? No, but as an American exposed to other cultures/religions, etc., I feel totally comfortable in this.

There's nothing wrong in a non-Jew sitting down for a seder. Its a wonderful tradition dating back some 3,000 years. One doesn't have to believe in the teachings of the Old Testament to "celebrate" Passover. The same is true of "celebrating" Christmas (one doesn't need to believe the teachings of the New Testament). If everyone would be a little more tolerable of their neighbor's beliefs we'd all be much better off.

Catholics don't have the lock on Christmas. There are plenty more Christian sects that "believe". They make up 75% of our country's population. Like everyone is an Irishman on St. Patty's Day and everyone is an Italian on Columbus Day everyone has the right to "celebrate" Christmas despite differing religious beliefs.

I'm not very tolerant of those who scream that we should rename the season to "Happy Holidays" (to be more politically correct). FUCK THEM Backing out the number of Americans who designate themselves as non-religious, 9 out of 10 Americans are Christian based and celebrate Christmas. Thats reason enough, IMO, to keep it as "Merry Christmas".

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: SC] #348502
12/07/06 03:52 PM
12/07/06 03:52 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I was a bit disgusted when my friend was telling me about her sister's family, who are Jehovah's Witnesses. Mind you, I have no problem with any beliefs usually, but I sure did when I found out that not only do they not celebrate Christmas, but they don't even celebrate birthdays -- according to them, they're pagan rituals (okay, somewhat maybe, but still!). Not for nothin', but I cannot imagine being a kid growing up like that... but apparently the kids don't mind, even tho they USED TO celebrate those things before the parents converted.

In any event - I usually say "Happy Holidays" if I don't know the person's stance. Except last year when I purposely sent Plaw a Christmas card after his rant that DC posted

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: SC] #348504
12/07/06 04:08 PM
12/07/06 04:08 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: SC

There's nothing wrong in a non-Jew sitting down for a seder. Its a wonderful tradition dating back some 3,000 years. One doesn't have to believe in the teachings of the Old Testament to "celebrate" Passover.

I am one of those who throughly enjoys sitting down for passover or a sedar. I happen to think that it is beautiful.

Catholics don't have the lock on Christmas.

No they don't! The corporations do!

I'm not very tolerant of those who scream that we should rename the season to "Happy Holidays" (to be more politically correct). FUCK THEM

That's the Christmas spirit!

If everyone would be a little more tolerable of their neighbor's beliefs we'd all be much better off.

DITTO my friend.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: J Geoff] #348505
12/07/06 04:10 PM
12/07/06 04:10 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I tell my classes merry christmas without trepidation. It's all crap about this happy holidays stuff. If one does believe in God, why the hell would one think that he gives a flip about what you call it let alone making it a requirement of any sort. I feel the same way about burkas. You think God almighty created (if he did) this fantastic mechanism called a human body and then wants it covered up head to toe? You can call it religious practice or faith or culture all you want; to me, its just plain stupido and, no, I don't respect it!

Last edited by olivant; 12/07/06 04:13 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: olivant] #348510
12/07/06 04:30 PM
12/07/06 04:30 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I say nothing but "Happy Birthday of Jesus Christ Our Lord Our Saviour".

I've been that way for a few days now.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: olivant] #348512
12/07/06 04:36 PM
12/07/06 04:36 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP

New York
Sorry, SC, I disagree. Yes, I've been to a Seder. But does that mean that I celebrate the true MEANING of the holiday? No. It means that I'm honored to be invited to someone's home to share in a sacred ceremony, and to learn more about a religion different than mine, but that's where it ends, and where it should end, IMHO.

The true meaning of Christmas is celebrating the birth of the Messiah. No, Catholics don't have a "lock" on it, but I feel that it disrespects the holiday (which means Holy Day) if all you want to do is participate in the commercialization of it, without having any feeling for the true sense of what is SUPPOSED to be celebrated.

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Sicilian Babe] #348520
12/07/06 05:15 PM
12/07/06 05:15 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I grew up in a "mixed" neighborhood and learned early on the wonders of Christmas. I liked them. I "celebrated" some of the tidings of the Christmas season like gift-giving and decorating my home. Is this the true reason to "celebrate"? No, but as an American exposed to other cultures/religions, etc., I feel totally comfortable in this.

Sorry, SC, I disagree. Yes, I've been to a Seder. But does that mean that I celebrate the true MEANING of the holiday? No. It means that I'm honored to be invited to someone's home to share in a sacred ceremony, and to learn more about a religion different than mine, but that's where it ends, and where it should end, IMHO.

I'm confused here. Looks to me that you both have said the same thing in regards to the respective religions. So where is the dissagreement?

SB, you've been invited to participate in a sader, you are honored to be invited and share in the ceremony, but that does not mean that you celebrate the true meaning of the sader, "that's where it ends."

SC, you also enjoy the tidings of the season, the gift giving, and the wonders fo Christmas, but that does not mean that you are celebrating the true meaning, "that's where it ends."

Nothing wrong with either.

I think that you've both basically have said the same thing.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Sicilian Babe] #348521
12/07/06 05:21 PM
12/07/06 05:21 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I've always said, "Merry Christmas", not to make a point, but that's just what comes natural for me. For my Jewish friends I say, "Happy Chanukah." "Happy Holidays" just sounds a tad too diluted, cold and impersonal to me though the use of the phrase certainly doesn't offend me. Like "Season's Greetings", it just doesn't quite capture the warmth of the season. I guess to me, "merry" has a more festive connotation than the trite term "happy."

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Don Cardi] #348524
12/07/06 05:27 PM
12/07/06 05:27 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline OP

New York
DC,
I think my problem is the word "celebrate". To me, if you are celebrating a holiday, then you are embracing its religious signicance. That's where I disagree with SC. You can enjoy, you can participate, but I don't think that you should "celebrate" Christmas if you don't believe that you are celebrating the birth of the Savior.

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Sicilian Babe] #348531
12/07/06 07:55 PM
12/07/06 07:55 PM
Cincinnati, Oh
Don Alessandrio Offline
Capo
Don Alessandrio  Offline
Capo
Cincinnati, Oh
Merry Christmas, I think the greeting should be changed to Merry Gift Card Day.

Business bad? Fuck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning huh? Fuck you, pay me.
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Don Alessandrio] #348542
12/07/06 11:54 PM
12/07/06 11:54 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Being the good Christian I am, I have a very simple philosophy.

Merry Christmas, if you're offended, go fuck yourself.

I hope everyone enjoys their Freedom Fries on the Holidays too.

PS: I haven't read if someone already brought this up, but why do people, especially atheists settle for "holidays." Didn't "holiday" come from Holy Day?

Shit, I might offend people with that too.

To all, a Happy Merry Special Time of the Year When the Mall is Packed and the Traffic is bad.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Don Vercetti] #348551
12/08/06 03:02 AM
12/08/06 03:02 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Don Vercetti

Spoken just like a "good Christian"...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: klydon1] #348553
12/08/06 03:22 AM
12/08/06 03:22 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Originally Posted By: klydon1
"Happy Holidays" just sounds a tad too diluted, cold and impersonal to me though the use of the phrase certainly doesn't offend me. Like "Season's Greetings", it just doesn't quite capture the warmth of the season.

I agree with this. "Happy Holidays" is like talking about the weather. Big Deal.

I'm a Christian, but that doesn't mean I have to get all offended if a Jewish friend, or stranger for that matter, wishes me a "Happy Chanukah"! I respect other people's beliefs and if they are offended by me saying "Merry Christmas" then they need to chill out. There are much more important things in the world to be upset about.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Don Vercetti] #348554
12/08/06 03:29 AM
12/08/06 03:29 AM
The House Of Blue Leaves
Nice Guy Eddie Offline
Underboss
Nice Guy Eddie  Offline
Underboss
The House Of Blue Leaves

HAHAHAHA......Vercetti rules. Just where the hell did all these people come from who are offended by every little thing? They sure as hell werent around twenty years ago. Bunch of freakin' weirdos.

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys.

Get Hannitized

I support racial profiling.
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Don Vercetti] #348569
12/08/06 10:35 AM
12/08/06 10:35 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
...go fuck yourself.
I've tried, and ran into several difficulties.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Sicilian Babe] #348571
12/08/06 11:26 AM
12/08/06 11:26 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Screw that Happy Holidays bullshit! It's Christmas time. Christ the Savior was born. It's a time to celebrate his birth. People have Christmas dinner, go Christmas shopping, put up Christmas decorations and play Christmas music. So I say MERRY CHRISTMAS! For those who don't like it, well sorry, it is what it is...Christmas time!

To my Jewish friends, I will greet them by wishing them a Happy Channukah during the days of Channukah.

But Happy Holidays? Those are weasal words used by those who want to be "poltically correct" and are offended by the true meaning and spirit of the season.

Merry Christmas to all!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Sicilian Babe] #348572
12/08/06 11:39 AM
12/08/06 11:39 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

I think my problem is the word "celebrate". To me, if you are celebrating a holiday, then you are embracing its religious signicance. That's where I disagree with SC. You can enjoy, you can participate, but I don't think that you should "celebrate" Christmas if you don't believe that you are celebrating the birth of the Savior.

OK, I won't come and visit your home for Christmas. The 4th of July is another story, though.

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Don Cardi] #348573
12/08/06 11:41 AM
12/08/06 11:41 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I agree DC. There would be no damn "holiday" if it weren't for the fact that it commemorates the birth of Jesus.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: olivant] #348575
12/08/06 12:14 PM
12/08/06 12:14 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: olivant
I agree DC. There would be no damn "holiday" if it weren't for the fact that it commemorates the birth of Jesus.

"Holy day."

OK, I won't come and visit your home for Christmas. The 4th of July is another story, though.

So you'd rather celebrate the 4th of July with hamburgers and hot dogs rather than celebrate Christmas with Fried Calamari, Baked Clams, Scungili, Crab Meat, Lobster Tails, Stuffed Shrimp, Spaghetti and Clams, Baked Ziti, Manicotti, Christmas Cookies, Strufala, etc.?

Suit yourself.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Don Cardi] #348584
12/08/06 01:43 PM
12/08/06 01:43 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

So you'd rather celebrate the 4th of July with hamburgers and hot dogs rather than celebrate Christmas with Fried Calamari, Baked Clams, Scungili, Crab Meat, Lobster Tails, Stuffed Shrimp, Spaghetti and Clams, Baked Ziti, Manicotti, Christmas Cookies, Strufala, etc.?

Suit yourself.

But I'm not allowed to "celebrate" Christmas. (I'll take my hamburger well-done).

BTW - Where in the New Testament is it written that these foods are used to celebrate Christ's birth?

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Don Cardi] #348594
12/08/06 02:20 PM
12/08/06 02:20 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania

Merry Christmas to all!

Don Cardi

And to all a goodnight.

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Don Cardi] #348596
12/08/06 02:27 PM
12/08/06 02:27 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Screw that Happy Holidays bullshit! It's Christmas time. Christ the Savior was born. It's a time to celebrate his birth. People have Christmas dinner, go Christmas shopping, put up Christmas decorations and play Christmas music. So I say MERRY CHRISTMAS! For those who don't like it, well sorry, it is what it is...Christmas time!

To my Jewish friends, I will greet them by wishing them a Happy Channukah during the days of Channukah.

But Happy Holidays? Those are weasal words used by those who want to be "poltically correct" and are offended by the true meaning and spirit of the season.

Merry Christmas to all!

Don Cardi

This just makes me so sad that there are people who have nothing better to do with their lives than to cause hate and discontent. By starting this crap Happy Holidays rather than Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night
Happy Channukah to all and to all a good night

And Happy New Year to

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Mignon] #348603
12/08/06 02:58 PM
12/08/06 02:58 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
My wife owns and operates a Montessori pre-school and kindergarten, whose clientele is represented by just about every race and creed. In fact, her kindergarten teacher is a dynamic lady, who is a Mexican Jew.Thus, when it's time for the annual "Holiday Program", they considered being ultra politically correct, but decided that watered down references to the specific holidays wouldn't be too interesting for kids 1 to 6.

Instead, the kids honored Chanukah with a spirited, albeit clumsy reenactment of the battle scenes of Judah Macabee with appropriate narration. Christmas was honored with a Nativity Pageant, in which Mary was Indian and Joseph Asian. They paid tribute to Kwanza with a play and music. In the end an older child was dressed as Santa in a cardboard sled that was pulled by nine kids dressed as reindeer with 2 year old elves looking confused while the rest of the school sang Here Comes Santa Claus.

Everyone loved it.

By the way, a day care nearby mandates that on March 17 there can be no reference to St. Patrick, and that the day be referred to as Green Day to welcome Spring. What a kick in the Shamrocks.

Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: J Geoff] #348669
12/08/06 10:16 PM
12/08/06 10:16 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
The main thing I can't stand about the Jehovah's Witness religion (mind you that I have an aunt who is a Jehovah's Witness), is the fact that they don't say the pledge of allegeance. WTF?! You can't pledge loyalty to the country who gives you the right to practice your religion without having to die for it?

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Tony Love] #348670
12/08/06 10:21 PM
12/08/06 10:21 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
I don't see what's so hard about wishing people "Happy Holidays"? It avoids confusion and/or offence. It covers everything. Why do people insist on saying "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Chanukah"? Just cover them all. I didn't think "Holidays" was difficult to pronounce, so why protest to saying it? I don't know.

So to all, regardless of your 'religion': Happy Holidays!!

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Tony Love] #348673
12/08/06 10:39 PM
12/08/06 10:39 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
What's the freaking problem? It's wonderful to celebrate whatever religious holiday you believe in. Keep in mind that Christmas and Hanukah aren't the only holidays anyway. I just keep it general anyway, Happy Holidays. It's hardly PC at all. There's more than one holiday, hence the plural form.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays [Re: Tony Love] #348675
12/08/06 10:53 PM
12/08/06 10:53 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Originally Posted By: Tony Love
I don't see what's so hard about wishing people "Happy Holidays"? It avoids confusion and/or offence.

This is what I don't understand. Why does saying "Merry Christmas" cause confusion and offense? I'm beginning to think that the non-religious are the only ones that get offended, and it just seems so silly.

In fact, generally speaking, it is the conservatives who are religious and say "Merry Christmas" and the liberals are the ones that make a fuss about it. I find it ironic since liberals accuse conservatives of being close-minded and bigoted.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull