GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (furio_from_naples, Mafia101, Toodoped, TheKillingJoke, 1 invisible), 320 guests, and 28 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,085
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,374
Posts1,059,555
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
she's been through it before #347038
11/30/06 03:59 PM
11/30/06 03:59 PM
Huntsville, AL
FrankWhite Offline OP
Capo
FrankWhite  Offline OP
Capo
Huntsville, AL
This is a subject that I came across last night, as I watched the deleted scenes. Some one asks (I believe it was Michael) how Mama Corleone is doing (in respect to Vito being shot) and Sonny replies "she's ok. She's been through it before, and so have I". What is the history pertaining to Vito being shot previously? Is this something that is discussed in the novel? Is this something that is discussed in the movies that I may have missed? Any insight would be great.

"From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn." (King of New York)
Re: she's been through it before [Re: FrankWhite] #347039
11/30/06 04:10 PM
11/30/06 04:10 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
The novel states that, about a decade before the Sollozzo affair, a group of "mad dog Irish killers, with sheer Emerald Isle elan," burst through Vito's protection, and shot and nearly killed him before they were cut down, leading to Sonny's rise.

(Its a good book, you should read it.)

Re: she's been through it before [Re: Ice] #347046
11/30/06 05:01 PM
11/30/06 05:01 PM
Huntsville, AL
FrankWhite Offline OP
Capo
FrankWhite  Offline OP
Capo
Huntsville, AL
Thanks Ice. I am going to pick it up today. I'm tired of being in the dark

"From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn." (King of New York)
Re: she's been through it before [Re: Ice] #347062
11/30/06 06:30 PM
11/30/06 06:30 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Ice
The novel states that, about a decade before the Sollozzo affair, a group of "mad dog Irish killers, with sheer Emerald Isle elan," burst through Vito's protection, and shot and nearly killed him before they were cut down, leading to Sonny's rise.

(Its a good book, you should read it.)

Yes Frank, Ice is correct. And Let me add, as I explained to you in an earlier PM that I sent you, that it was Luca Brazi who singlehandedly took out the Irish mob who had shot Vito, in the throat, which eventually caused him to talk in that rough and course voice that he talked in. That Is exactly why I feel that Sollozzo, Tattaglia and Barzini knew that in order for them to increase their odds of defeating the Corleones, Luca Brazi, the Don's greatest ally, had to be taken out first. No matter if they believed Luca was switching sides or not, it was a chance that they could not take because with Luca out of the picture, it would give them a better chance at defeating the Corleones.

Take out Luca and try to take out Vito, then the hotheaded Sonny would either deal with them or act out of haste and lose his own life, and the Corleone's would be done. It was a very good plan.

But little did Barzini, Sollozzo and Tattaglia know that the college boy son, who wanted nothing to do with the family business, would eventually be the cause their demise.

What a plot!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: she's been through it before [Re: FrankWhite] #347065
11/30/06 06:47 PM
11/30/06 06:47 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Originally Posted By: FrankWhite

Haha, ya its a good idea Frank. We have a few members in here who refer to the book and the book only.

Re: she's been through it before [Re: Ice] #347067
11/30/06 07:23 PM
11/30/06 07:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Ice
Originally Posted By: FrankWhite

Haha, ya its a good idea Frank. We have a few members in here who refer to the book and the book only.

Yes Frank. And in case you haven't realized it, there is a thread solely for the purpose of discussing the novel itself. So once you start reading it, I recommend that you check it out.
You are really going to enjoy the book and that thread.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: she's been through it before [Re: Don Cardi] #347698
12/04/06 10:32 AM
12/04/06 10:32 AM
Huntsville, AL
FrankWhite Offline OP
Capo
FrankWhite  Offline OP
Capo
Huntsville, AL
THANKS GUYS!!! I have just picked up the novel and will be beginning tomorrow.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull