GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 407 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,372
Posts1,059,529
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Those Uneasy Situations #344180
11/20/06 12:16 PM
11/20/06 12:16 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
How do you handle difficult people? We've all experienced those uncomfortable situations.

My latest experience was just last week. I have just moved into a nice condo in a nice area (boy, I'm tired). Every owner is given a carport. The first day I moved in I walked to my car and find a nasty note asking me to "not park in my parking space, it's mine and I paid for it." I went in my house and checked all my paperwork and everything said I had that spot. I called the homeowners association and the escrow company and both agreed that "IS" my spot. I left a polite note on their car saying that all my paperwork and Homeowners association say it is my spot and asked them to please contact me (I left my name and unit #. Didn't hear from them.

The person who wrote the note, didn't sign a name and/or unit number, so I had no idea who wrote it. Their car remained parked in my spot for the next two days(I interpreted it as defiance). As soon as it was free, and knowing I was within my rights, I parked there, only to get yet another note on my window saying, "if you don't comply, I'll be forced to have you towed. Don't make me take this to the next level" This time he/she put a unit number on their note.

After verifying again that I was in my rights, I decided to go see this person/s. Keep in mind, I sort of worried because I had absolutey no idea who I'd be dealing with. I even thought of the possibility of my car getting keyed if I continued toparked there. I simply didn't know.

I finally went to see this person/s. It was a young couple. The man was halfway cordial, the woman seemed pissed. I kept my cool. I had my paperwork with me and told them that I surely didn't want to move in and be the bitch of the neighborhood or make waves. Instead of accusing them of anything, I asked them if they'd check their paperwork, because maybe we were both accidently assigned the same space. They did, and sure enough they were assigned the same space. The problem arose when their spot was changed and they were not looking at the correct papers. They too thought they were in their rights as well.

Anyway, I'm happy to say that I've had no more problems with carports. As much as I was going back and forth to my car unloading, it was a pain in the ass having to park in the guest parking, not to mention unloading groceries. I'm not as young as I use to be.

Thanks for letting me tell my story. It's been a drama for me for the last week!!!

How do you guys handle these situations?

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/20/06 12:38 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #344184
11/20/06 12:24 PM
11/20/06 12:24 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
You did just fine, TIS.

If I were you I'd probably get pig-headed and block their car in until they were forced to face me in person (instead of leaving a note). I never would've imagined the possibility of a paperwork mixup. That, undoubtedly would have created hard feelings, and thats something you don't need in a new apartment.

Congrats and good luck in the new place!! (I'm waiting for a PM with the new address).

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: SC] #344185
11/20/06 12:27 PM
11/20/06 12:27 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I would have given their names to Clemenza.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: olivant] #344188
11/20/06 12:35 PM
11/20/06 12:35 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
TIS, you handled it perfectly. I used to live in a condo complex and I know from past experience that these parking situations can get a little nuts. You showed yourself to be a true lady, but one who wasn't going to be pushed around.

Good luck with your new place.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: olivant] #344190
11/20/06 12:38 PM
11/20/06 12:38 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I would have left a puddle of warm, yellow urine instead of my car and in place of theirs. No I wouldn't have.

But you, I think, TIS, did just fine. If the paperwork adds up, and you were right to check it, then it's somebody who's probably pissed that their nice little find has been taken, and are wanting to muscle you out of the spot with blatant lies. The nerve of some people, eh?

Drop me a PM some time. Always nice to hear from you.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #344192
11/20/06 12:43 PM
11/20/06 12:43 PM
California

California
I really worry about these things, and didn't know if the door would open and someone would be ready to kick my ass or what. The guy answered and I didn't know quite how to phrase it, so I just said, "are you the guys in carport 92?" The guy was halfway cordial, but the woman immediately (and sarcastically says, "Let me see those papers". She looked and then not peep. I gave them the escrow people's number and they called immediately.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #344208
11/20/06 02:22 PM
11/20/06 02:22 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
See, women are just too emotional. And you want one of them to be President? Madonne!

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: olivant] #344481
11/20/06 07:18 PM
11/20/06 07:18 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
So you finally moved, TIS! Congratulations on the new place, first and foremost. Are you in Orange County now?

And about the incident, I think you handled it really well. What nerve for the other couple (I'm assuming it was the wife all along) to be so rude from the beginning! They're lucky they were dealing with someone as nice as you, because not everyone has that patience to politely figure out what happened.

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: Letizia B.] #344488
11/20/06 07:25 PM
11/20/06 07:25 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: Letizia B.
...because not everyone has that patience to politely figure out what happened.

You did the right thing, TIS. I would have been a bit worried as well...not knowing who I'm dealing with.

If they continue giving you a hard time...just tell them that you know a TON of people who's name is preceded by "Don."

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #344496
11/20/06 07:52 PM
11/20/06 07:52 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I think that you handled the whole situation perfectly. Only next time something like this happens, you make sure to tell them that you are the GODMOTHER of the GangsterBB family!

So you finally moved, huh? That's why I haven't heard from you.

TIS, I wish you the best in your new home and I hope that you find much happiness there.

So do you have my room set up yet?

Good luck my lady!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: Don Cardi] #344505
11/20/06 07:59 PM
11/20/06 07:59 PM
California

California
Thanks everyone! For me, this IS special not only because I am closer to my daughters, but it's a move I've been contemplating, and everything is brand new, and most of all I did it by myself (with CA home prices the way they are, I'm very lucky).

DC, my place is not big, but I would find room for you anytime you decide to venture out West. You're always welcome.

Zia, I am right on the border of OC. My place sets right by the Cleveland National Forest (if you know where that is). Anyway, off the 91 I'd be the Serface Club/Auto Center exit, just one exit before Green River (I'm off Green River actually), if you know where that is. I believe either Yorba Linda or Anaheim Hills is the next city over (both in OC). I'm still exploring finding my way around. I do plan to go to OC more though. I need to go to Claro Italian Deli to get my "Italian" fix.

TIS

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #344523
11/20/06 08:32 PM
11/20/06 08:32 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
You need to find a place that will make you those cute little blue drinks.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #344532
11/20/06 09:48 PM
11/20/06 09:48 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
So that's why you haven't been on the Boards much lately - I was afraid you had gone on strike! Congratulations on finally getting yourself moved!

It's interesting to compare the way situations are handled by men and women. While you were looking to discuss matters face to face, you were not looking for a "confrontation". You also had your paperwork with you, rather than a baseball bat. Many men, in the same situation, would have turned it into a case of (as Judge Milian says on The People's Court) "Quien es mas macho??" and an already uncomfortable situation would have gone rapidly downhill from there.

Now, I realize I am generalizing somewhat, but I think you get the picture.

I probably would have sent them a dead fish...

But, I've never been accused of being the brightest bulb in the circuit.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: Signor Vitelli] #344587
11/21/06 04:59 AM
11/21/06 04:59 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
First of all, congrats for your move TIS. I wish you are going to be very happy in your new house! I know too well how stressing moves can be.....hope you settled down now!

As to the way you handled the uneasy situation, it is my opinion that you behaved like the lady you are: perfectly.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #344592
11/21/06 06:38 AM
11/21/06 06:38 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
I don't know Cleveland National Forest... if someone asked me about it out of context, I probably would have said it's in Ohio. Very embarrassing... at least now I know it's in So Cal. You learn something new every day. But I do know where Yorba Linda is, as well as Anaheim Hills. A little past Fullerton, right?

What's the closest Claro's to you now?

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #344636
11/21/06 11:12 AM
11/21/06 11:12 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
How do you guys handle these situations?

Ask them for their union cards while your brother starts the car. Because you like to write the check on the dashboard.

Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: Double-J] #344919
11/22/06 06:50 AM
11/22/06 06:50 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
TIS, you did exactly what was right and what was within your rights too. I'm glad it's been sorted.

Uneasy situations? How about your gran calling your missus by your ex's name?

Or being left in a room with a gazelle. There's always that awkward silence.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: Turi Giuliano] #344927
11/22/06 07:42 AM
11/22/06 07:42 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Originally Posted By: Turi Giuliano
Uneasy situations? How about your gran calling your missus by your ex's name?
Mine does that with my aunt, her daughter.

Regarding the gazelle, it isn't so bad the second time round.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #344945
11/22/06 12:48 PM
11/22/06 12:48 PM
The Bright Side Of The Road
S
Senza Mama Offline
Underboss
Senza Mama  Offline
S
Underboss
The Bright Side Of The Road
TIS, I had a similar experience a few years ago over a parking space. Turned out the other guy was technically in the right. However I asked him to swap spaces and offered him £500 for the priviledge. He refused.

The next day I went to see him again only this time with Luca Brasi. Within the hour he agreed to let me use his parking space in return for a certified cheque for £10........

Last edited by Senza Mama; 11/22/06 12:49 PM.

Tom: "They shot Sonny on the causeway...he's dead."
Michael: "Turnbull is a good man"
Shane MacGowan: "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank"
Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: Senza Mama] #344956
11/22/06 02:25 PM
11/22/06 02:25 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
You handled the situation with the same intelligence, tact and gentle resolve that you bless all of us with on these Boards with each of your posts, TIS. Take a bow!

Your situation (and other stories) point up the incessant friction that inheres in condos and co-ops. My favorite reading matter on Sundays when I'm in NJ is the NYTimes Real Estate section, which unfailingly has articles and Q&A that highlight simple conflicts among owners in condos and co-ops that escalate to ridiculous levels. My daughter lived in a condo in Miami in which the Association was trying to force owners to install storm shutters. Every morning during the four days that my wife and I were visiting with her, at least seven or eight notices (many crudely produced) were shoved under her door, denouncing one side or the other. The ultimate: one owner manifesto accused the condo association president of being "another Castro"---fightin' words in Miami. No wonder there are wars between people.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Those Uneasy Situations [Re: Turnbull] #344962
11/22/06 03:20 PM
11/22/06 03:20 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
I hope they profusely appologized for not looking at the right paperwork and causing you some distress.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull