GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 273 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,430
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Geraci? #278960
02/08/05 12:09 AM
02/08/05 12:09 AM
AZ
Rudik Offline OP
Made Member
Rudik  Offline OP
Made Member
AZ
If they made a movie on the The Godfather Returns what actor would you want to play Geraci?

Leave the gun and take the canoli.
Re: Geraci? #278961
02/08/05 11:47 AM
02/08/05 11:47 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudik:
If they made a movie on the The Godfather Returns what actor would you want to play Geraci?
It doesn't matter... I wouldn't go see it.

Stoopida fockin' story!

Re: Geraci? #278962
02/09/05 02:04 AM
02/09/05 02:04 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
Michael Kudione Offline
Associate
Michael Kudione  Offline
Associate
Pittsburgh, PA
the question wasnt whether you would go see it or not, it was who would play Geraci. If you didnt enjoy the book, feel free to quit posting on the topic.

Geraci - Vince Vaughn
Sandra Corleone - Monica Bellucci
Francesca Corleone - Natalie Portman
Billy Van Arsdale - Leonardo DiCaprio
President Shea - John Cusack

if there was a movie to be made, i would somehow revolve it around Geraci and use Sandra, Francesca, Billy as major pieces, along with President Shea and AG Shea.

for the smaller parts that would need to include Michael Corleone, I would probably use Jason Gedrick. most of the Michael Corleone parts in my movie would be implied or he would be spoken of. Or another good way to integrate him would be to have him be the narrarator (even use Pacino as the narrarator) of the movie and tell what is going on around him.

"Freddie, you're my older brother, I have respect for you. But don't ever take sides with anybody against the Family again."
Re: Geraci? #278963
02/09/05 05:40 AM
02/09/05 05:40 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Kudione:
the question wasnt whether you would go see it or not, it was who would play Geraci. If you didnt enjoy the book, feel free to quit posting on the topic.
Take some advice, Michael. Learn the ways of these boards before you make a statement like that.

Re: Geraci? #278964
02/10/05 02:19 AM
02/10/05 02:19 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:

And...ummmm....who are you? Are you joking? You gotta be...

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Geraci? #278965
02/10/05 10:21 AM
02/10/05 10:21 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
Michael Kudione Offline
Associate
Michael Kudione  Offline
Associate
Pittsburgh, PA
No I'm not joking. And you don't need to know who I am. The guy asked a question about who would play the characters in the book, he didnt ask who would go see it. You were trying to be a funny guy and it didnt work.

"Freddie, you're my older brother, I have respect for you. But don't ever take sides with anybody against the Family again."
Re: Geraci? #278966
02/10/05 10:24 AM
02/10/05 10:24 AM
Detroit, MI
Cancerkitty Offline
Underboss
Cancerkitty  Offline
Underboss
Detroit, MI
Wow, right out of the gate insulting a moderator. Balls...

DelSquacho.com - All the world loves a clown, but not an evil clown.
Re: Geraci? #278967
02/10/05 11:05 AM
02/10/05 11:05 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
The guy asked a question about who would play the characters in the book, he didnt ask who would go see it.
You REALLY need to lighten up, Michael. These discussion threads are open for all kinds of replies, even those that go off topic. As long as the Board's Rules of Conduct aren't broken we have no problem with those (off-topic) replies.

I find it disturbing and rude that you, as a new member, come along and tell me what I should, or shouldn't do here. I liken this to a large group of people who hang out every night in a favorite bar discussing all sorts of subjects. A person, new to that group, comes into the bar, moves the furniture around to his liking and then proceeds to tell that group how to act.

If you have an issue with a certain message regarding the propriety of that message you can use the "Report Post" feature which alerts the board's moderators of a potential problem. I wouldn't hold out for a favorable ruling for you in this instance, though.

Re: Geraci? #278968
02/10/05 12:47 PM
02/10/05 12:47 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Michael Kudione Offline
Associate
Michael Kudione  Offline
Associate
Pittsburgh, PA
well everyone here needs to lighten up on the book. was it the greatest book ever written? no. but it wasnt anywhere near as bad as people here are making it out to be.

negative posts such as the first reply to the question discourage people from discussing things here. and yes, there are people that would like to discuss things about The Godfather Returns on The Godfather Returns board.

and i'm sorry i didnt bow down and kiss your ring before i posted here.

Re: Geraci? #278969
02/10/05 01:58 PM
02/10/05 01:58 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
well everyone here needs to lighten up on the book. was it the greatest book ever written? no. but it wasnt anywhere near as bad as people here are making it out to be.
Excuse me, guy, but you are NO ONE to be telling us what we need to be doing. Your opinion on the book isn't the same as everybody else's. You think the book is better than I think, fine, but don't be telling us we need to lighten up on this book, and telling us that it isn't as bad as we say. The book is as bad as I say it is, IN MY OPINION. The book is as bad as SC says IN SC'S OPINION. You, my friend, need to lighten up and think about what you say before you make anymore ignorant remarks.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Geraci? #278970
02/10/05 02:02 PM
02/10/05 02:02 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Thats YOUR opinion, and you're certainly entitled to it. I think the book STINKS and I'm entitled to post my opinions just as you are.

Quote:
negative posts such as the first reply to the question discourage people from discussing things here. and yes, there are people that would like to discuss things about The Godfather Returns on The Godfather Returns board.
Discuss away, but if you feel that everyone is going to have the same beliefs as you then you're in for a rude awakening. In fact, the more diverse the opinions, the better the discussions usually go.

Quote:
:rolleyes:

Re: Geraci? #278971
02/10/05 03:09 PM
02/10/05 03:09 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Well, let's check the logic. There are you who likes it. There are, say, 50 people with great knowlege of the Godfather who dislike it strongly. You may express your opinion, but what right do you have to order the others to change theirs?
Quote:
SC Didn't you ever consider to delete the whole section? It seems like we are encouraging vice!

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: Geraci? #278972
02/10/05 05:29 PM
02/10/05 05:29 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

a whole 5 posts and this guy is acting like he runs the place.

In the Godfather I don't remember the "new faces" going around telling Tom what to do....guess rules don't apply to this person.

A little advice for you: look up the word RESPECT in the dictionary and learn to use it. FAST.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Geraci? #278973
02/10/05 10:00 PM
02/10/05 10:00 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
For some reason, this guy reminds me of the guy that thought Luise Gomez(not Luise Gomez but some other Spanish name) was in The Godfather. Remember him.

Anyway, Mickey, have you seen any of the original movies? If you had, you would not speak so highly of the book.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Geraci? #278974
02/11/05 12:06 AM
02/11/05 12:06 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:

A little advice for you: look up the word RESPECT in the dictionary and learn to use it. FAST.
Especially when you are talking to a Mod.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Geraci? #278975
02/11/05 12:30 AM
02/11/05 12:30 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b]

Especially when you are talking to a Mod. [/b][/quote]and a lady

disclaimer: was not calling SC a lady.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Geraci? #278976
02/11/05 06:52 PM
02/11/05 06:52 PM
Baltimore, MD
Don Provalone Offline
Capo
Don Provalone  Offline
Capo
Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Whoa!!!!!!

My friend - welcome to the board. Please take some time to learn the board, the personalities and the culture. We realize that you are new and therefore extend some grace toward you. The key thing on this board is to be very respectful, at least until people get to know you well enough to joke with you.

"People who are not serious, should not be taken seriously"
Re: Geraci? #278977
02/13/05 09:54 AM
02/13/05 09:54 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by Michael Kudione:
[b] the question wasnt whether you would go see it or not, it was who would play Geraci. If you didnt enjoy the book, feel free to quit posting on the topic.
Take some advice, Michael. Learn the ways of these boards before you make a statement like that. [/b][/quote]You know, am I the only one who feels that there was nothing wrong in what this new poster said. I didn't read it like he was being mean or rude.

The topic of the tread was If they made a movie on the Godfather Returns what actor would you want to play Geraci?

The new poster didn't want it to get off topic as so many threads do on the boards and if I remember right we have always been told if you don't like a topic just move on. I could see where he may have taken SC's comments as being a bit wise guy-ish and trying to upstage what he wanted to be a true discussion on a subject.

What really surprises me is how quickly SC takes a burn to his reminder. The same one I have heard SC give to others many times over. And then so many jump right on a New Poster. I have always found SC to be a man of honor and easy going on most things. Why not here?

Ward, weren't you a little hard on the old beaver last night?

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Geraci? #278978
02/13/05 11:58 AM
02/13/05 11:58 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Ward, weren't you a little hard on the old beaver last night?
Nope.

Arguing a moderator's decision in public is a no-no, though.

Re: Geraci? #278979
02/13/05 01:20 PM
02/13/05 01:20 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by fathersson:
[b] Ward, weren't you a little hard on the old beaver last night?
Nope.

Arguing a moderator's decision in public is a no-no, though. [/b][/quote]Sorry, I must have missed that part somewhere. Were some posts deleted? I didn't notice a place where a decision was handed down or a board rule was being broken.

Oh wait a min.....

[b]and i'm sorry i didnt bow down and kiss your ring before i posted here.
[/b]

I see, Look Michael, as a new poster and by the way welcome to one of the best boards on the Internet, there is no bowing or ring kissing needed here. We are all men of honor and we hope that real members leave their egos at the door.

Please, come and enjoy. Some fresh ideas are always welcome and surely needed. Don't let this little misunderstanding stand in your way of sharing your opinions.

Word of advise though, I would recommend that you stay away from the political threads. They tend to get heated rather quickly, and so do the War threads, gay marriage threads, All Opinion threads come to think of it, you better stay out of most of the threads in General Discussion except for maybe the joke threads. They tend to be safe!

Michael I hope to see more of you around the boards!

By the way who do you think opened the beedroom drapes, and then killed the hitmen outside Fredo's beedroom?

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Geraci? #278980
02/14/05 10:27 PM
02/14/05 10:27 PM
New Jersey
Don Bergeni Offline
Button
Don Bergeni  Offline
Button
New Jersey
Ok, to answer the original question who should play Geraci?
I would say Rob Reiner

"One day, and that day may never come. I'll ask you to return this service"

"It's not personal, it's strictly business"
Re: Geraci? #278981
02/20/05 10:17 PM
02/20/05 10:17 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Not to stray from the non-topic, but I could see Gandolfini playing Geraci, or Tom Sizemore.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Geraci? #278982
03/22/05 03:37 PM
03/22/05 03:37 PM
micky2guns the barber Offline
Wiseguy
micky2guns the barber  Offline
Wiseguy
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
[quote]Originally posted by SC:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by fathersson:
[b] Ward, weren't you a little hard on the old beaver last night?
Nope.

Arguing a moderator's decision in public is a no-no, though. [/b][/quote]Sorry, I must have missed that part somewhere. Were some posts deleted? I didn't notice a place where a decision was handed down or a board rule was being broken.

Oh wait a min.....

[b]and i'm sorry i didnt bow down and kiss your ring before i posted here.
[/b]

I see, Look Michael, as a new poster and by the way welcome to one of the best boards on the Internet, there is no bowing or ring kissing needed here. We are all men of honor and we hope that real members leave their egos at the door.

Please, come and enjoy. Some fresh ideas are always welcome and surely needed. Don't let this little misunderstanding stand in your way of sharing your opinions.

Word of advise though, I would recommend that you stay away from the political threads. They tend to get heated rather quickly, and so do the War threads, gay marriage threads, All Opinion threads come to think of it, you better stay out of most of the threads in General Discussion except for maybe the joke threads. They tend to be safe!

Michael I hope to see more of you around the boards!

By the way who do you think opened the beedroom drapes, and then killed the hitmen outside Fredo's beedroom? [/b][/quote]WOW What are we the fu*%ing mafia? men of Honor? on a CHAT board? I thought the mafia was about keeping your mouth Shut, not chatting it up on a internet message board...

"If anything in this life is certain; If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone."
Re: Geraci? #278983
03/23/05 12:09 AM
03/23/05 12:09 AM
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Pippi De Lena Offline
Wiseguy
Pippi De Lena  Offline
Wiseguy
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
James Gandolf... oh wait he already plays the exact same character on another show. God help us if this book ever gets turned into a movie. I would rather see a better version of The Sicillian then watch this peice of crap.

Pippi

Re: Geraci? #278984
05/21/05 01:06 PM
05/21/05 01:06 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:

for the smaller parts that would need to include Michael Corleone,
Whoa. What a way to start off. Insulting A mod... :rolleyes:

Anyways, how would Michael Corleone, the Don of the Corleone Family, have a small part? In this would be turd of a movie? Making GFR would disgrace The Godfather name.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Geraci? #278985
05/21/05 01:09 PM
05/21/05 01:09 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
but it wasnt anywhere near as bad as people here are making it out to be.
Uh, yes it was.
Quote:
You should've j/k

Hey, how's it going?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull