GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 57 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,152
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,804
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: DonMichaelCorleone] #346219
11/27/06 05:00 PM
11/27/06 05:00 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
I think we are seeing that Eli is no Peyton and I'm wondering if he will get better.

That "tackle" by Kuwanuka (sp?) was just horrible, but I'm wondering if he heard a whistle or something because he really gave up on that play for no reason.

It looked to me as though Kuwanuka thought that the QB got the pass off and he did not want to take a roughing the passer penalty. If you watch the replay Kuwanuka turns his head to look down field while he's holding the QB and lets go and then realizes that the pass was never thrown.

To me, the offense NOT being able to score in the third and fourth quarters combined with Plax's lazy ass move allowing the interception and Eli's HORRID pass for an interception cost them the game. You just cannot put up 21 points in the first half, go scoreless in the second half and expect to win. I knew that it was over in the begining of the 4th quarter when the Giants could not move the ball for even a field goal. You just knew that they were going to blow the game.

While I cannot really blame Coughlin for the loss itself, I do blame him and his staff for the Giants being such an undisciplined team. That is where I fault the coaching staff.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #346409
11/28/06 07:24 AM
11/28/06 07:24 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Hehe, I turned over to see the end of this game. I'm really taking to Vince Young. The word poise comes up a lot in the NFL about quarterbacks and is often a cliché but he certainly isn't looking like a rookie. His mechanics were questioned as he was drafted as to whether he'd make it in the NFL. He certainly looks alright - just as Rivers' wierd throwing motion isn't doing him much harm.

You should be used to Plax being lazy by now. Just wait until he starts spouting that know one likes him because of his race.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #346430
11/28/06 10:16 AM
11/28/06 10:16 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
I think we are seeing that Eli is no Peyton and I'm wondering if he will get better.

That "tackle" by Kuwanuka (sp?) was just horrible, but I'm wondering if he heard a whistle or something because he really gave up on that play for no reason.

It looked to me as though Kuwanuka thought that the QB got the pass off and he did not want to take a roughing the passer penalty. If you watch the replay Kuwanuka turns his head to look down field while he's holding the QB and lets go and then realizes that the pass was never thrown.

To me, the offense NOT being able to score in the third and fourth quarters combined with Plax's lazy ass move allowing the interception and Eli's HORRID pass for an interception cost them the game. You just cannot put up 21 points in the first half, go scoreless in the second half and expect to win. I knew that it was over in the begining of the 4th quarter when the Giants could not move the ball for even a field goal. You just knew that they were going to blow the game.

While I cannot really blame Coughlin for the loss itself, I do blame him and his staff for the Giants being such an undisciplined team. That is where I fault the coaching staff.

Don Cardi

I saw the highlights and it looked as though the lineman thought Young had thrown the ball and was avoiding a penalty. That happened last week when Roethlisberger pump faked causing a Browns lineman to miss the sack.

With all the personal foul calls against quarterbacks this year it's no wonder that defenses are paranoid. Ther was another phantom blow to the heaqd last night.

What struck me was Burress' failure to run out the pass that was intercepted. He could have at least tried to prevent the pick, but that was kind of his attitude in Pittsburgh. He would tend to dog it a good bit.

As far as Eli, he's having a bad stretch, but I think he'll be a pretty good QB although not like his brother.

It's funny that the Giants are not a disciplined team with Coughlin, who was known as a disciplinarian at BC and Jacksonville. I think he is a very good coach, but in the wrong place. The tension between coach and players is evident in some of the games. I'm hoping they can come together and beat the Cowboys.

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Just Lou] #346719
11/28/06 07:30 PM
11/28/06 07:30 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
A guy on ESPN said it best. In 30 years he's seen many teams quit while behind. Yesterday was the first time he's seen a team quit while ahead. If there's a silver lining, maybe a few more efforts like this and Coughlin will be gone.

Oh God I hope so. We're mired in the murk of another Ray Handley. Such talent, such a waste.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: MaryCas] #346727
11/28/06 08:25 PM
11/28/06 08:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I have this funny feeling that Parcells will not stay in Dallas, and he will sign as the GM of the New York Giants. This is the last year of Parcell's contract, and Ernie Acorsie has said that he will be retiring at the end of this season.

Every week at work, 6 of us make a pick of the week. Each week we write our pick on a piece of paper with our name on it, and then when everyone has turned in their pick, we pull them out of a cup. We put up $100 each and at the end of the season, the person with the best record for picks of the week throughout the regular season, takes it all. I have been pretty good so far this year. 8 - 3 and in first place. Last week my pick of the week was the Jets.

This week, my pick of the week is the Giants. Not speaking as a fan of the team here, but as a football fan in general. I really think that the Giants are going to pull together as a team for this game.

Nice to see you back MaryCas. How are you doing?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #347198
12/01/06 02:41 PM
12/01/06 02:41 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline OP
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline OP
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
eli sucks.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Smitty] #347497
12/03/06 10:11 AM
12/03/06 10:11 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
eli sucks.

Yes he has sucked. Very very inconsistant. There are times that he shows signs of potentially being a really good QB, and then there are times, as has been the case as of late, that he shows signs of being just another hyped up bust who is nothing more than a second stringer.

In my eyes, this game today is the game where the real Eli has to emerge. This is the game where we'll find out what he is really all about. If he is the kind of QB that we all thought that he was going to be, then he has to show it in this game. This is the game where he must prove that he is a legitimate NFL future star QB.

In a nutshell, this is the game where the GIANTS, as a whole, must show if they are really legitimate contenders in the NFL.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #347565
12/03/06 08:37 PM
12/03/06 08:37 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Well Eli and the offense played when they had to.

Tim Lewis has got to go. How does a defense give up a pass like that after their offense drives down field to tie the game? Horrible coverage!!!!

Coughlin's days may be numbered also. When a team is that undisciplined and takes stupid penalties like the Giants do, I blame that on the coaching staff. How do you take so many false start penalties at home?

The Giants went from potentially being the division champs to possibly not even making the playoffs. Ridiculous.

No excuse. No one to blame but themselves.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #347628
12/03/06 11:10 PM
12/03/06 11:10 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
Was there little doubt Dalls wouldn't just go down the field in the last minute and win the game? It's bad enough they put in the infamous Tim Lewis 3-man rush to start the series, but somehow a TE gets open down the middle, 40 yards down the field.

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Smitty] #347643
12/04/06 12:23 AM
12/04/06 12:23 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
As a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan I'm glad they won of course. But at the same time even I was surprised to see Jason Witten get open for a 40 yard gain.

How bout them Cowboys a 2 game lead in the NFC East.

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Smitty] #347718
12/04/06 12:22 PM
12/04/06 12:22 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

My daughter and I were watching the game yesterday. We're both Giants fans, (behind The Ravens of course), :), she loves Tiki Barber. She was all excited when they got their last touchdown, but I have to remind her 3 minutes was still a long time for The Cowboys to play with. When Romo threw that 44 yard completion my heart just sank. I kept trying to jinx Gramatica, hoping he'd choke like he did on his first try. I guess all the praying he did worked. I wonder if T.O. is still upset they got rid of Vanderject.

BTW...what determines if you're a Giants fan vs a Jets fan?

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Beth E] #347722
12/04/06 12:42 PM
12/04/06 12:42 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Beth E

BTW...what determines if you're a Giants fan vs a Jets fan?

About 75 IQ points. Sorry Jets fans.

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Beth E] #347760
12/04/06 01:53 PM
12/04/06 01:53 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
BethE!!!! Great to see you posting.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #347894
12/04/06 07:44 PM
12/04/06 07:44 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
The G-men need to get their pass rushers back(IMMEDIATELY!!!) and then they might still be the best team in the NFC.

How bout them cowboyzzz(!!!)

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Ice] #350818
12/18/06 08:58 PM
12/18/06 08:58 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
E

A

G

L

E

S

EAGLES !!!!

Everybody sing with me now ....

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.
Fight Eagles Fight, Score A Touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'Em Low.
Hit 'Em High.
And We'll Watch Our Eagles Fly.

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!

As you were Peeps ....

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #350879
12/19/06 11:21 AM
12/19/06 11:21 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Tim lewis has to go.

Coughlin's days may be numbered also.

Sunday's loss has solidified it for me that coaching staff MUST go.

I realize that the Giants Defense is still mising a Strahan and has been troubled by injuries. But they just cannot even make one big stand when they have to. And some of the coverages that Lewis calls are just horrible. The man refuses to make adjustments.

As for Tom, well although I've always liked him and have given him the benefit of the doubt most of the time, this past week has convinced me that he must go too.

2 Minutes left in the game and the Giants are down by 2 touchdowns. The clock management by Coughlin was just disgusting. No clock management at all. And the play calling during those two minutes was just horrible. Not one play taking a shot as the endzone? You're down by 2 touchdowns, not a damn field goal!!! You have to score quickly and then hopefully get the ball back on an onside kick and score again. Not saying that they had a shot, but as a head coach you never give up like that and you always put your team in position where they can possibly tie or win the game. You MUST take a shot at the endzone in that situation, hoping that either one of your receivers gets open OR that a pass intereference is called and you have a first and goal. Then you have the chance of scoring quickly, still having time on the clock and attempting an onside kick.

Coughlin and his offensive coordinator called these bullshit plays. It almost looked as though Coughlin was coaching that situation like they were down a TD and he wanted to get down there and score not leaving any time on the clock for Philly to get the ball back.

Something he should have done in Dallas.

I've lost it for the coaching staff.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #350893
12/19/06 01:34 PM
12/19/06 01:34 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
What's the feeling in Ny about Tiki retiring???

EDIT-possibly retiring

Last edited by Ice; 12/19/06 01:34 PM.

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Ice] #355220
01/07/07 09:17 AM
01/07/07 09:17 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
You never want to see someone as great and as classy as Tiki Barber leave your team.

But if this is really it for him ( which I think it is ) then I hope that he goes out with a bang! He'll surely be missed by both the fans and the players.

I can understand him in a way. Why not go out on top, with no major injuries, while your still basically healthy, and get a nice paying job as an announcer or a color man? How many guys leave the game as cripples, or go out on the down swing? So in a way I don't blame Tiki.

Now forget all this retirement stuff, Tiki has a game to play today and my GIANTS have a playoff to win!

GO G-I-A-N-T-S ............GIANTS!!!!!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #355222
01/07/07 09:23 AM
01/07/07 09:23 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
As you guys know, I am not a football fan, but Mr. Babe has quietly but firmly told me that today is Football Day, and that he will be parked in front of the TV watching the Giants and Jets play, and that my job will be to fetch him chips and beer, as his appetite requires. He is definitely a Giants fan, so why he needs to watch the Jets game as well is beyond me, but I believe he just wants to park himself in front of the TV and yell a lot.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #355223
01/07/07 10:11 AM
01/07/07 10:11 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Good luck to the NY teams, but I don't think it will be a good day for either of them. Then again, there has always been at least one upset in the first round of the play-offs, so history says at least one of the NY teams will advance.

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #355226
01/07/07 11:13 AM
01/07/07 11:13 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
As you guys know, I am not a football fan, but Mr. Babe has quietly but firmly told me that today is Football Day, and that he will be parked in front of the TV watching the Giants and Jets play, and that my job will be to fetch him chips and beer, as his appetite requires. He is definitely a Giants fan, so why he needs to watch the Jets game as well is beyond me, but I believe he just wants to park himself in front of the TV and yell a lot.

See, my wife is a big football fan. She'll be sitting right next to me during the Giants game. So unlike Mr. Babe, I haved no one to fetch me my chips and beers. Can I call you to fetch me some chips and beer?

We have to root for the Jets today even though we're Big Blue fans. The Jets game has a lot of siginificance in that this team was NOT supposed to be even close to being a playoff team. Plus on top of that they have a 35 year old rookie coach in Eric Mangini ( a nice italian boy ) who seems to have this team believing in both him and themselves. Factor in the Mangini / Belicheck cold war, and this makes for a very interesting game.

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Good luck to the NY teams, but I don't think it will be a good day for either of them. Then again, there has always been at least one upset in the first round of the play-offs, so history says at least one of the NY teams will advance.

Klyd, you know you surprise me. If history has taught us anything--it's that you can beat anybody. Coughlin, Mangini?

Dificult, not impossible.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Yep. It's a Jet-Blue football day!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #355347
01/07/07 08:58 PM
01/07/07 08:58 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! That was depressing. Both New York teams lost today. What a bummer.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Beth E] #355356
01/07/07 09:35 PM
01/07/07 09:35 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

No moreGiants football this year. And no more Tiki....ever!

What a way to lose after tying the game. All the defense needed to do was make just one big play on the Eagles last drive. One big play.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #355362
01/07/07 09:59 PM
01/07/07 09:59 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Oh what a weekend for football it's been. It's almost 2am and I've just walked back from a mates house watching the games on 32" high definition. Gutted for the NY teams fellas.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Cardi] #355363
01/07/07 10:04 PM
01/07/07 10:04 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

And no more Tiki....ever!

Don Cardi

Maybe I should have picked my daughter up a Tiki jersey while I was in New York last week. They'll probably stopped making them by the time I get there again.

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Beth E] #355369
01/07/07 10:47 PM
01/07/07 10:47 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
You could always order it online, Beth. This really sucked, didn't it?? I swear, I thought that the Giants were going to pull it out at the end.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Don Smitty] #355379
01/08/07 01:41 AM
01/08/07 01:41 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

A wise man once said:

Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
eli sucks.

Eli might not have had a bad game today, but the fact that they would not let him throw the ball and were handing it off to tiki in the 2nd quarter when they needed yards was just sad.

Rex Grossman might be a bad quarterback, but his team has confidence in him. The Giants are not going to go anywhere without confidence in their quarterback.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Turi Giuliano] #355394
01/08/07 03:48 AM
01/08/07 03:48 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turi Giuliano
It's almost 2am and I've just walked back from a mates house watching the games on 32" high definition. Gutted for the NY teams fellas.

But on a brighter note, Turi lives in a place called Heaven.

12AM football games, that's kosher, eh NY fans?

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: Ice] #355420
01/08/07 10:57 AM
01/08/07 10:57 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Giants played better than I thought they would, and almost pulled it out.

It looks like Coughlin will get the axe. He's a pretty good football coach, but maybe not the best fit or personality for this team.

By the way, the best line I heard all weekend came while I was watching the game at a friend's hose. From another room the wife of a friend of mine asked who was winning. Her husband said the Eagles were winning late in the game, but Manning is going "to pull it out."

She answered, "Wouldn't they have a better chance of winning if he left it in."

Re: How bout tehm Giants? [Re: klydon1] #355427
01/08/07 11:11 AM
01/08/07 11:11 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: klydon1
G
By the way, the best line I heard all weekend came while I was watching the game at a friend's hose. From another room the wife of a friend of mine asked who was winning. Her husband said the Eagles were winning late in the game, but Manning is going "to pull it out."

She answered, "Wouldn't they have a better chance of winning if he left it in."

Are we still talking about football?

Page 2 of 2 1 2