GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, Ciment, m2w), 334 guests, and 135 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,169
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276735
09/27/06 10:14 AM
09/27/06 10:14 AM
Beth E Offline OP
Crabby
Beth E  Offline OP
Crabby

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276736
09/27/06 11:10 AM
09/27/06 11:10 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

TO almost OD'ed to be DOA. :p

BTW - since he won't need it, he can send me all his money before he goes.

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276737
09/27/06 11:54 AM
09/27/06 11:54 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Give me a f---in' break. Maybe they should create an island for malconent athletes and let TO live with guys like Tyson, Clarret, Rae Curruth, et. al.

Let's see, TO plays a sport, gets paid by the millions, keeps himself in peak physical condition, and has many other little perks in his life. Yeah, that's something to kill yourself over. TO has it so tough compared to the poor in New Orleans, Dafur, someone living with AIDS or cancer... :rolleyes:

Here's my advice via Vito Corleone to TO: "You can act like a man! Ridiculous."

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276738
09/27/06 11:55 AM
09/27/06 11:55 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Truthfully I feel sorry for him and I fail to see any humor in this.

Excellent player but I'm not a fan of his and wouldn't want him on my team.

Think about it. It's pretty sad when someone becomes so depressed in life that they attempt to take their own life.

I really feel sorry for this guy.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276739
09/27/06 12:05 PM
09/27/06 12:05 PM
Cincinnati, Oh
Don Alessandrio Offline
Capo
Don Alessandrio  Offline
Capo
Cincinnati, Oh
Is this a real shocker to anyone? I think his past shows that he is imbalanced in the head.

Business bad? Fuck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning huh? Fuck you, pay me.
Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276740
09/27/06 12:09 PM
09/27/06 12:09 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
On Monday morning my older son's eighth grade classmate committed suicide. After telling his parents he wasn't feeling well, he stayed home from school and hanged himself.

He was active in soccer, scouting and the honors program and basically a pleasnt 13 year old. I can't imagine the horror of his mother coming home from work to check on him only to find him hanging. The family is obviously devastated.

It is with this in mind that I read the TO story and it sent a chill through me. As much as I dislike his antics and behavior, I hope he gets the help he needs.

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276741
09/27/06 12:52 PM
09/27/06 12:52 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Let me make it clear, in case it was not in my previous post, that I don't find TO's attempted suicide humorous.

My point was that TO has a million resources at his disposal to seek the help he needs. The other 99% of us, like the poor kid in Klydon's son's class, had no such opportunity. Having said that, I don't really feel sorry for TO if he refuses to take steps to address his obvious problems.

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276742
09/27/06 12:59 PM
09/27/06 12:59 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Suicide my ass, I am quite sure that he simply overdosed on the pills he was taking. At least thats what the Cowboys Spin Doctors are saying...

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276743
09/27/06 01:10 PM
09/27/06 01:10 PM
Beth E Offline OP
Crabby
Beth E  Offline OP
Crabby

I hope T.O. is not making it seem like a suicide attempt to garnish sympathy for his side. Was his agent anywhere around? If that's the case we need to introduce him to Shortcake.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276744
09/27/06 01:14 PM
09/27/06 01:14 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I understand your sentiments, goombah. It is hard to imagine that someone with so much talent and wealth would want to die and not seek help, which is readily available. When I first heard this news, I thought it was a joke because it just couldn't be true.

I had heard once from a psychologist that most failed suicide attempts were, in fact, designed to fail. The actor wasn't as intent on killing himself so much as he's looking for help. He described the failed attempt as a dramatic manifestation to inspire him to obtain help or rid himself of personal demons.

Maybe TO can get the help he may need and we can all someday return to rooting against him on Sunday afternoons.

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276745
09/27/06 01:39 PM
09/27/06 01:39 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

If this was a true suicide attempt, he should not be playing anytime soon and geting help. If he suites up in 2 weeks to play the Eagles, then this was either an OD, or something is wrong in this world. Either way, this guy is really fucked up in the head.

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276746
09/27/06 02:53 PM
09/27/06 02:53 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Start helping, stop sheltering T.O.
Cowboys star obviously has personal problems that need attention
OPINION
By Mike Celizic
MSNBC contributor

Updated: 2:12 p.m. ET Sept 27, 2006

The wakeup call came long ago when Terrell Owens was in San Francisco making America’s ultimate team game all about T.O. It was confirmed in Philadelphia, where his utter self-absorption destroyed a season.

Now, there’s nothing to wake up to, just a howling cry for help from the game’s most magnetic personality. The entire nation — or at least that part that cares about sports — heard it loud and clear Wednesday morning when police and emergency services reports about Owens’ Tuesday night suicide attempt were made public.

The only ones who didn’t get the message, it appears, are the people closest to Owens — the advisors who call themselves his friends. This is not the time for them to be pretending that his life is a slow-motion romp through a sun-splashed field of daisies. This is the time to admit there are some personal issues for which the man needs help.

This isn’t exactly what Dallas football fans want to hear. Although they might be concerned for Owens, who can be as charming and entertaining and engaging a person as you’ll meet and remains a superlative football player, they have to be groaning inwardly about what this is going to do to the team. In the parlance of the locker room, this qualifies as a distraction — big time.

Everything is based on reports at this time and nothing has been confirmed. But the Dallas police, when given an opportunity to deny that Owens had been taken to a hospital because of a suicide attempt, didn’t deny it. In the business of news, the absence of official denial is the admission that what you read is what happened.

So, although this column is based on the reports, I’m not going to spend a lot of time qualifying everything. Owens took a whole lot of pain pills. His publicist and friend, Kim Etheridge, was concerned and called EMS. When technicians arrived, Owens was taking two more pills. He admitted he was trying to hurt himself. They took him to the hospital, where doctors induced vomiting.

That’s the story, and if you want to be shocked at it, be my guest. I’ll settle for being surprised. Anyone who acts as bizarrely as Owens and who holds himself away from teammates and above public opinion probably has a problem. I wouldn’t have expected it to show up in a suicide attempt; but I also didn’t expect him to lead an unruffled existence in Dallas.

I also will accept the standard psychiatric observation that people who swill pills with someone else in the house don’t really want to kill themselves. If that had been Owens’ intention, he would have gone with a gun, an item which most athletes these days seem to have handy. That he went with the pills was the classic cry for help.

If so, Etheridge didn’t hear it. The line coming out of Team T.O. is that he had an allergic reaction to the pain killers he was taking for his broken finger. Everything, in other words, is just peachy-keen. I couldn’t believe Owens’ alleged friends more if they were standing naked at the South Pole complaining about the heat.

Somebody will say that at times like this, football doesn’t seem important. That’s true — for Owens. And it’s true for everyone in Tampa, where Chris Simms played a game with his spleen ruptured and needed emergency surgery to survive.

But it’s not true in Dallas, where Owens came advertised as someone with great talents for both winning football games and destroying teams. As I said higher up, fans are still going to worry about the effect on the team, and who can blame them?

I also suspect that his critics, while having the good manners not to say “I told you so” at a time like this, are nonetheless thinking it; they knew, after all, that Owens would do something to screw things up. They didn’t think it would be this, but causing problems is what he does.

Another story line you’re going to hear is that it’s the media’s fault. Yep, if we hadn’t criticized his little peccadilloes and made him a target for our jibes and taunts, he wouldn’t have been depressed and this wouldn’t have happened.

That’s hogwash. Whatever Owens’ problems are, they go way back to his childhood, when he was raised by a strict grandmother who didn’t allow him to leave the house except to go to school and church.

It shouldn’t be surprising that a man who put on such a public act of not caring what anyone thought and grabbing for attention in whatever outrageous manner he could might be prone to depression. Sadly, it’s also not surprising that none of us thought to consider that possibility.

But that’s how we function in a world in which we are surrounded by looniness on all sides. We take people at face value, not daring to consider what may lie behind the smile.

I know about that. For three years, I worked next to a person I considered to be one of the finest people I had ever known. I especially admired the incredible job he was doing as a single parent raising a 16-year-old daughter who was headed for an Ivy League education.

Then I came to work one morning and he wasn’t there, having been detained by the police on a million dollars cash bond. Turns out it wasn’t his daughter. Turns out he’d been living with her as if she were his wife for eight years.

He’s the first person I thought of when I heard about T.O. You never know what’s inside.

Luckily for T.O., there is help available. He’s surrounded by people who call themselves his friends. It’s time for them to live up to the claim.

It’s time to stop sheltering him and start saving his life.
Mike Celizic writes regularly for MSNBC.com and is a freelance writer based in New York.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15029960/

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276747
09/27/06 03:02 PM
09/27/06 03:02 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Did you guys see that fucking scar on his hand?? Ya, real easy life.

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276748
09/27/06 09:33 PM
09/27/06 09:33 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006

Double-J: may you serve us better from above, smile on from heaven

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276749
09/28/06 02:56 AM
09/28/06 02:56 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
That, MJ, was... heavy.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276750
09/28/06 06:02 AM
09/28/06 06:02 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Re: Terrell Owens attempted Suicide? #276751
09/28/06 08:30 AM
09/28/06 08:30 AM
Pennsylvania, USA
exgigirl Offline
Underboss
exgigirl  Offline
Underboss
Pennsylvania, USA
Suicide attempts are not funny. If this was a real attempt, then he needs help. Been there, done that, grew up and moved on. However, from what I have read about TO, I think it was an attention-grabbing publicity stunt. He hasn't had enough media attention lately. He needs to grow up.