GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 628 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,116
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,383
Posts1,059,718
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ranking the draft. #276189
05/01/06 08:29 AM
05/01/06 08:29 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline OP
Turi Giuliano  Offline OP

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Well it's done and dusted for another year. It was definitely the most overhyped draft I've witnessed yet still compulsive viewing.

So which teams had the best draft? How did your team do? Surprised with any picks?

I was surprised Gregg Lee went undrafted but I'm sure he should provoke interest and some team will take a chance. I think he’ll regret not returning for his senior year.

I’m relatively happy with the Steelers draft. We pretty much drafted by need and our 3 first day picks could start for us. Santonio Holmes – get it! I can imagine Goombah not to be too pleased with that. I’m unsold on Anthony Smith at FS, I hope it’s a decent replacement for Hope. I do like Willie Reid and now we look set at returns.

On the second day I’m not informed enough to make a decent grading. I only really know Omar Jacobs but he should be a worthy back up. Though I do worry about any player called Colon.

Best drafts: Arizona (again), Houston (very solid), New England, Jets, Philly and the 9ers really helped themselves out.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Ranking the draft. #276190
05/01/06 10:51 AM
05/01/06 10:51 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Did the Bills address some needs?

Yes.

Did they draft at positions where they already had depth?

Yes.

Will they look stupid for passing on Matt Leinart?

Most likely.

How probable was it that the Bills would fuck up this draft?

95%.

Are any Bills fans surprised that they fucked it up?

No.

---

I can't figure out for the life of me what Marv Levy is thinking, except possibly they had inside info that Detroit was going to take Donte Whitner. Yet, we already carry 5 safeties on the roster, including free-agent signee Matt Bowen, Troy Vincent, Coy Wire, Rashad Baker, and Jim Leonhard. Drafting not one, but TWO safeties is boggles the mind in ineptitude. Not only could they likely have traded down to get Whitner, they could have gotten Bunkley at DT (or Ngata, who I think they should have taken) and still likely gotten Whitner.

Secondly, I like the Aston Youbouty pick, since we need another decent corner, and he was predicted to go in the first round, so it would be nice to have a solid presence, which we needed badly.

John McCargo is an interesting pick, which I hope turns out for the Bills, since for some reason they think that the Cover-2 Tampa defense is superior to the 4-3 plug-the-run which worked so well when we had Pat Williams and Sam Adams. What confuses me is that McCargo plays the same position as Larry Tripplett, who we signed in the offseason, which means they probably won't be on the field at the same time...Tim Anderson is a good player who is maturing well, he showed flashes of brilliance at times last year in replacement of Ron Edwards.

At least they finally addressed the offensive line with the last few picks...they took Butler way too early, considering he isn't technically strong, but he does have size (umm...can we say Mike Williams repeat?). Pennington looks like a solid late-round pickup, as does Merz.

---

I still have to give the Bills a C-/D+ for this draft. They didn't draft a *decent* offensive lineman like Winston Justice...essentially, the Philadelphia Eggles took the guys I would have picked if I were the Bills GM.

Oh well. At least the Sabres show signs of promise for the next few years.

I suppose I can just save my money for the inevitable move of the Bills to the west coast...anyone else want to split season tickets for the Las Vegas Blackjacks with me? :rolleyes: