GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (GaryH, Toodoped, RushStreet, 1 invisible), 252 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,998
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,358
Posts1,059,184
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25451
07/18/02 09:18 AM
07/18/02 09:18 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Daniel Corleone:
[QUOTE]...You don't think Vincent was a good character?...
I don't think the creation of his character was necessary; in my opinon a much better, and more believable story could've been written using any of Mike's existing nephews from the previous films. Even Tom's son...instead of the predicability of having him become a priest, there could've been a rivalry of sorts between him and one of Connie's sons. It might have been very interesting if well-written, considering the fact that Tom not being a Sicilian had been pointed out by both Santino and Michael in The Godfather.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25452
07/18/02 10:15 AM
07/18/02 10:15 AM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Could 'A, should' A, would' A

how much do you think was change once they knew it was going to be Andy playing the part.

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25453
07/18/02 11:48 PM
07/18/02 11:48 PM
Iowa
Tom Hagen Offline
Capo
Tom Hagen  Offline
Capo
Iowa
Originally posted by pinche88:
if you dont like GF3 POST WHY NOT PLEASE
why was Bridget Fonda even there?

"All we have left is our friendship."
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25454
07/19/02 01:54 AM
07/19/02 01:54 AM
New Zealand
Anton The Penguin Offline
Underboss
Anton The Penguin  Offline
Underboss
New Zealand
Originally posted by Tom Hagen:
[b]if you dont like GF3 POST WHY NOT PLEASE
why was Bridget Fonda even there?[/b]
You know, I wondered the same question. She was this stupid little annoying minor part, wasn't even that good looking (to me anyway), but then again she was like a DeNiro in Raging Bull compared to Sofia Coppola...or maybe not...but you get my point smile

Anton
smile

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisioned
Only after the last fish has been caught

Then you will find that money cannot be eaten.
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25455
07/19/02 02:49 AM
07/19/02 02:49 AM
P
pinche88 Offline OP
Button
pinche88  Offline OP
P
Button
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT MESSED UP VIDEO HAVE THERE ANTON I NO ITS WAY OFF TOPIC BUT WHAT THE HELL IS THAT.LOL NEVER SAW THAT BUT ITS MESSED UP.!!!!!!

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25456
07/19/02 03:09 AM
07/19/02 03:09 AM
New Zealand
Anton The Penguin Offline
Underboss
Anton The Penguin  Offline
Underboss
New Zealand
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT MESSED UP VIDEO HAVE THERE ANTON I NO ITS WAY OFF TOPIC BUT WHAT THE HELL IS THAT.LOL NEVER SAW THAT BUT ITS MESSED UP.!!!!!!
One of my favorite sites...lol

It is weird, isn't it? lol

Anton
smile

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisioned
Only after the last fish has been caught

Then you will find that money cannot be eaten.
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25457
07/19/02 06:55 PM
07/19/02 06:55 PM
Paris, France
Almammater Offline
Underboss
Almammater  Offline
Underboss
Paris, France
M.M.Floors wrote :
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO 1 DOES BUT I DO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you are the third person who says it. Only I, you and another person prefer GF 3 above the other 2.

Count me in ! smile I love GFIII because it's not the same kind of mafia movie as the first two, and it is closer to my world with the opera part and the Vatican plot which is based on true facts.

I'm not crazy abt violent movies, I prefer those which use violence as a prop like GFIII and Once Upon A Time In America. The GF Trilogy is a father and son story as FFC put it and OUATIA is a blood brothers story and "a fairy-tale abt time" as Sergio Leone put it.

DonAnton : this video is the plot-line of a Japanese movie I saw 1 or 2 years ago (sorry, I forgot the title). They made a sequel recently but I didn't watch it 'cuz I didn't find the first part that scary. Actually I found it quite ridiculous at times, you'd see ppl scared to death (literally !) while watching a video on TV and then, towards the end you see what's so scary
*SPOILER* a creature is creeping from the TV screen into the appartment ! You can't see its face 'cuz it's hidden behind very long black hair and a close-up lets you guess one white gloomy eye and sort of a mummyfied cheek.
The story goes on and the end isn't that great either.

They said it was based on a very popular Japanese urban legend and indeed the film begins with a journalist who interviews teenagers abt this video.

"Come heavy or not at all." Uncle Junior to Tony S.
"Nenti dire ca nenti si capi" come disse quello. (Say nthg when U know nthg.)
"Chi non ci vuole stare, se ne vada." (If U don't like it here, go somewhere else.)
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25458
07/19/02 11:39 PM
07/19/02 11:39 PM
Iowa
Tom Hagen Offline
Capo
Tom Hagen  Offline
Capo
Iowa
We get all set up for this subplot: Journalist using Vincent to get the goods on Michael, witnesses a double murder....

and then we never see her again? Huh?

"All we have left is our friendship."
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25459
07/20/02 12:31 PM
07/20/02 12:31 PM
W
whitjr44 Offline
Associate
whitjr44  Offline
W
Associate
I watch the entire trilogy almost once per week and I liked part 3, but not as much as the first two. I think they dropped the ball in a number of ways. First off they had a number of characters that had appeared in the first two, but didn't really introduce who they were in part 3. I think they made the same mistake in the part 2 flashbacks (with Tessio and Clemenza), but not to the same extent as part 3. Even Neri's character didn't garner the respect in part 3 that he deserved. Some of the characters that made an appearance in part 3 that were in the previous 2 were:
1. Vincenzo--the love child of Sonny and the woman he was banging on the side (during Connie's wedding) in part 1. Many people do not realize this relationship w/Michael.
2. The Woman that Sonny was banging on the side in part 1/Vincenzo's mom was actually in Part 3--with Vincenzo as they arrived at the reception AND after he bit Zasa's ear off outside of Michael's office.
3. Enzo the Baker--baked the cake for Michael's party in part 3 was the same person that Vito helped to become a US citizen and also helped Michael protect Vito at the hospital in part 1.
4. Michael's "loyal" Sicilian bodyguard (not Fabrizio who planted the bomb that killed Apollonia in pt 1) was in many of the Sicilian scenes in part 3 as well--I believe he was the one that killed Luchese (or one of the others) at the end of pt 3.
5. The hitman that shot Mary, I THINK may have been Michael's bodyguard that betrayed him and planted the bomb that killed Apollonia, but I have been unable to find any definite ID on that yet.
6. Johnny Fontaine-made appearances in all 3, but just appeared to be a cheap wedding singer in pt 3.
7. I thought Eli Wallach played an excellent role as Altobello in part 3 and I wish he would have been introduced in one of the previous ones. Many people don't realized that Eli Wallach is also the same person that played Tuco (or "the Ugly") in the classic spaghetti western "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" with Clint Eastwood, he also played Mr. Freeze in the old Batman TV shows.

They wouldn't have had to do much to (re-)introduce everyone--maybe just a quick shot of them in their youth 20 years ago. For example, when Michael spoke to Enzo the Baker in part 3, they could have shot back to that part in part 1 when he introduced himself (with flowers in hand) to Michael in the hospital, "...I'm Enzo, I'm here for your father, I help you..."
-Just my two cents worth.

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25460
07/20/02 01:16 PM
07/20/02 01:16 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
First off welcome over to the boards , enjoy your stay posting and browsing.

I didn't think that was the problem at all it's that there was just no plot and one question

why do you think this quote was true everybody? id you do think so?

"Why were you so loved Don Tommasino and i so feared, i was no worse then you"-Micheal Corleone in GFIII

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25461
07/20/02 01:49 PM
07/20/02 01:49 PM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
[/QUOTE]Count me in ! smile I love GFIII because it's not the same kind of mafia movie as the first two, and it is closer to my world with the opera part and the Vatican plot which is based on true facts.
[/QB][/QUOTE]

I will say it again on this board why I liked GF 3 more then the other two.

In GF 3 I specially liked the intrigues. You think people are good to the family, but after a while they turn against the family (which actually was their plan). For example Don Altobello.

I also liked the person Mosca. He looked more freightening then Luca, Neri or somebody else. And he played his role very good.

The opera scene was very good (some people don't agree with this, look somewhere else on the board). This is a exciting part of the movie.

And I always like films when the Vatican is involved and is some people of the Vatican are corrupt.

And the best scene of the whole trilogy is the part when Mary gets shot and Michael cry's it out!!!

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25462
07/20/02 03:49 PM
07/20/02 03:49 PM
G
GodYankee Offline
Capo
GodYankee  Offline
G
Capo
Originally posted by whitjr44:
I watch the entire trilogy almost once per week and I liked part 3, but not as much as the first two. I think they dropped the ball in a number of ways. First off they had a number of characters that had appeared in the first two, but didn't really introduce who they were in part 3. I think they made the same mistake in the part 2 flashbacks (with Tessio and Clemenza), but not to the same extent as part 3. Even Neri's character didn't garner the respect in part 3 that he deserved. Some of the characters that made an appearance in part 3 that were in the previous 2 were:
1. Vincenzo--the love child of Sonny and the woman he was banging on the side (during Connie's wedding) in part 1. Many people do not realize this relationship w/Michael.

The woman is Lucy Mancini. She is/was Connie's best friend and maid of honor. However, Vincenzo's character is all fake-in the novel, it even says after 18 months in Las Vegas, Tom Hagen goes to see her and asks if she is pregnant; she says no. This is years after Sonny's death.

2. The Woman that Sonny was banging on the side in part 1/Vincenzo's mom was actually in Part 3--with Vincenzo as they arrived at the reception AND after he bit Zasa's ear off outside of Michael's office.

3. Enzo the Baker--baked the cake for Michael's party in part 3 was the same person that Vito helped to become a US citizen and also helped Michael protect Vito at the hospital in part 1.

Yeah, Vito "pulled some strings" and got Enzo to marry Nazorine's daughter, letting him stay in the country after he was sent to America after being captured during WWII.

4. Michael's "loyal" Sicilian bodyguard (not Fabrizio who planted the bomb that killed Apollonia in pt 1) was in many of the Sicilian scenes in part 3 as well--I believe he was the one that killed Luchese (or one of the others) at the end of pt 3.

Yes, his name is Calo, the one who says, "I'm sick of this rich America stuff" and "She'll surpise you. She wants to drive."

5. The hitman that shot Mary, I THINK may have been Michael's bodyguard that betrayed him and planted the bomb that killed Apollonia, but I have been unable to find any definite ID on that yet.

No, Fabrizio planted the car bomb. As shown in DVD deleted scenes and the Epic/Saga/Trilogy, he comes into America illegally in 1956 with Barzini's help. He takes the name Fred Vincent and opens up a pizza parlor in Buffalo, NY. In the movie, he dies from a car bomb. In the novel, he is shot. Both are acts of revenge by Michael.

6. Johnny Fontaine-made appearances in all 3, but just appeared to be a cheap wedding singer in pt 3.

Well, in GF3, he is a retired legened, played by the same person as in GF1, singer Al Martino. And he never does appear in GF2.

7. I thought Eli Wallach played an excellent role as Altobello in part 3 and I wish he would have been introduced in one of the previous ones. Many people don't realized that Eli Wallach is also the same person that played Tuco (or "the Ugly") in the classic spaghetti western "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" with Clint Eastwood, he also played Mr. Freeze in the old Batman TV shows.

They wouldn't have had to do much to (re-)introduce everyone--maybe just a quick shot of them in their youth 20 years ago. For example, when Michael spoke to Enzo the Baker in part 3, they could have shot back to that part in part 1 when he introduced himself (with flowers in hand) to Michael in the hospital, "...I'm Enzo, I'm here for your father, I help you..."
-Just my two cents worth.

"Mio padre se chiamo Antionio Andolini, e quisto e per ti!"
http://blake.prohosting.com/awsm/script/THEGODFATHER.txt
http://blake.prohosting.com/awsm/script/godfather2.html

2003 Predictions:
Yankees win World Series over Cardinals in 6.
Osama bin Laden killed by the USA.
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25463
07/21/02 04:35 AM
07/21/02 04:35 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
What's the use of the last respond GOdYankee???

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25464
07/22/02 09:04 AM
07/22/02 09:04 AM
France
I
Ice_Kold_Ace Offline
Button
Ice_Kold_Ace  Offline
I
Button
France
It was kinda confusing at first with new people popping up every minute while people are getting shot up the next, but the acting, THE ACTING, was fabulous, especially from Al Pacino, mad props to him =)

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25465
07/24/02 05:18 PM
07/24/02 05:18 PM
G
GodYankee Offline
Capo
GodYankee  Offline
G
Capo
MM Floors, if you look carefully I responded to whitjr44's post. Sorry, don't quite know how to use the quote thing.

"Mio padre se chiamo Antionio Andolini, e quisto e per ti!"
http://blake.prohosting.com/awsm/script/THEGODFATHER.txt
http://blake.prohosting.com/awsm/script/godfather2.html

2003 Predictions:
Yankees win World Series over Cardinals in 6.
Osama bin Laden killed by the USA.
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25466
07/25/02 07:09 PM
07/25/02 07:09 PM
Washington, D.C.
Santino Offline
Button
Santino  Offline
Button
Washington, D.C.
Its true, part III dosent have the style and grae of parts I&II, but thats what makes part I and II classics. The sequels should never surpass them. Part III was excellent in its own right. I especially like the touch of having Connie more closely involved with the family business, even giving orders to kill. This is a definite change from her character in parts I & II. Also what was so bad about Vincent? To me he was a mixture of a young Sonny and Micheal, and take for granted that he does have to live through life, knowing he's a bastard. Id have a temper to. This movie is an excellent installment in the saga, and the only thing I woould change is having someone else play Mary's part, and I would not include the two first cousins falling in love. Other than that, why can't Micheal want out? Why can't try to make ALL of his money legit? Its been long enough.

I am the GAME and I am that damn good!
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25467
07/28/02 04:44 AM
07/28/02 04:44 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
Originally posted by GodYankee:
MM Floors, if you look carefully I responded to whitjr44's post. Sorry, don't quite know how to use the quote thing.
Well, I don't see any changes?? Correct me please and say where your respond stands? I don't see it under the quote and not in the quote?

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25468
07/28/02 11:33 AM
07/28/02 11:33 AM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
His posts are in the quotes.Under the numbered comments,you can see his own comments added.

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25469
07/29/02 11:59 AM
07/29/02 11:59 AM
Turnpike1492 Offline
nnnnnnnn
Turnpike1492  Offline
nnnnnnnn
Button
i liked pt. 3 grin

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25470
08/04/02 07:25 PM
08/04/02 07:25 PM
UK
Knocc Out Offline
Underboss
Knocc Out  Offline
Underboss
UK
GF3 wasnt a great movie, it was a decent movie, some people say good, some say bad, but not GREAT.....it just isnt, the only reason a lot of people hate it is because its compared with I & II, on its own its a good movie, compared with I & II its a terrible movie.....take this as an example, if Michael Jordan is a 100% basketball player, and his son becomes a player, and his son is only 70% good, people will say he sucks, because they will compare him to Jordan, same with GF3 compared to I & II....(weird example, but you get what i mean hopefully)

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25471
08/05/02 11:42 AM
08/05/02 11:42 AM
Michael Barzini Offline
Button
Michael Barzini  Offline
Button
I liked part three quite a bit. The only thing is it isnt like part 1 and 2 where i can pop it in and watch it any time. But in all do respects I can see why it didnt get an academy and why people nock it. But I think it is essential to the Godfather Experience. smile

Behind every great fortune there is a crime. -Balzac
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25472
08/05/02 01:41 PM
08/05/02 01:41 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
To me it will always be FFC trying to make some money , the movie wasn't needed and all it did was ruin RUIN such a great Miscellany, but if others like it they like it, it's their right, the thing is i thought all the movie was , was a name and a lot of boring shit. Even though you can't go wrong w/ Pacino, but eh.

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25473
08/05/02 02:11 PM
08/05/02 02:11 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
What is wrong with God Father III..is that you hear that they were going to make it, You wanted it so bad since you loved the first two...they talked about it being made and when it was coming....You heart pounded waiting for it like a kid waits for Christmas presents.

Then it gets here and you rush to see it. You see the opening, not bad, they are connecting the other films with the first two....Then you sit thru it and you are let down by it. I think that is half my problem with it... I expected more and feel i didn't get something that was as good as it could have been..... Call me an old crow, but I still feel that way!

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25474
08/05/02 03:49 PM
08/05/02 03:49 PM
Michigan
DonPalentino Offline
Underboss
DonPalentino  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
Godfather 3 is not my favorite movie but it is good. I liked it!

Leonard: I dont know. See, I have this condition.
Teddy: Well, I hope its not as serious as his, 'cos this guy's dead.
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25475
09/16/02 09:44 PM
09/16/02 09:44 PM
TX
Undule8 Offline
Button
Undule8  Offline
Button
TX
By the time I saw the movies, GF3 was already out, so I got to see them all together...no hype. I like it, it was a good movie, but it wasn't the masterpiece the 1st 2 were. The plot was a little forced or something, I could have done w/out the cousin love thing, but I like the ending...Al Pacino can make anything great though.

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25476
09/16/02 10:36 PM
09/16/02 10:36 PM
Dream Master Offline
Underboss
Dream Master  Offline
Underboss
I thought the plot was great, Al was underrated.

I have been blessed and I feel like I've found my way. I thank God for all I've been given at the end of every day. -- Martina McBride
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25477
09/17/02 10:05 AM
09/17/02 10:05 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Hi,
I liked GF3. The firt two movies are much better. GF3 however does offer a conclusion to the story. Sofia Coppola was a last minute replacement for Winona Ryder who dropped out. She wasn't that bad. Bridget Fonda was there so we could see Sonny's son in action. Remember Sonny was the prince of the city and had all of the ladies. Vincent added the aspect of violence to the film. The assassin on the steps wasn't Calo but someone hired by Luchese and Altobello. Calo, Michael's trusted bodyguard killed Luchese in the end and was aslso killed. Al Pacino again was given the shaft by the Academy Awards Comittee. Garcia won an Oscar however. Robert Duvall was sorely missed and George Hamilton stunk.

Paul

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25478
09/22/02 08:56 PM
09/22/02 08:56 PM
UK
UK_Don Offline
Made Member
UK_Don  Offline
Made Member
UK
GFI has the edge for me, purely because of Brando.

I'm not especially a fan of his, but his portrayal of Vito is without doubt the best single performance from an actor I have ever seen.

Absolutely mesmerising.

Although GFII and III are both fantastic IMHO, they aint the same without Brando's Vito.

Big Phil
Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25479
09/23/02 05:12 PM
09/23/02 05:12 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Hi,
GF3 did have its moments. Michael's confession is heartbreaking.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: GODFATHER 3 WAS GREAT #25480
09/23/02 11:55 PM
09/23/02 11:55 PM
then - Philippines; now - Phoe...
don papa Offline
Made Member
don papa  Offline
Made Member
then - Philippines; now - Phoe...
hello, everyone! i'm new here. i'm Don Papa, but am actually a girl. smile

by the way, i don't know how to insert the instant "graemlins". i tried clicking on them and the darn thing doesn't work. sorry, i've been under a rock!

i don't know about you, but ... i just love all three Godfather movies. some may have found Part 2 long and dragging, while others may have found Part 3 weak (acting and plot), but the bottom line is, they're all exciting to me! i watch them over and over!

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again!" - Don Vito to Sonny

"Never let anyone know what you're thinking." - Michael to Vincent
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull