GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 57 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Teams USA/Canada for winter olympics announced. #271909
12/22/05 04:14 AM
12/22/05 04:14 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline OP
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline OP
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Team USA

Player-NHL Team

Goaltenders (3)
Rick DiPietro NY Islanders
Robert Esche Philadelphia
John Grahame Tampa Bay
Defensemen (7)
Chris Chelios Detroit
Derian Hatcher Philadelphia
Jordan Leopold Calgary
John-Michael Liles Colorado
Aaron Miller Los Angeles
Brian Rafalski New Jersey
Mathieu Schneider Detroit
Forwards (13)
Jason Blake NY Islanders
Erik Cole Carolina
Craig Conroy Los Angeles
Chris Drury Buffalo
Brian Gionta New Jersey
Scott Gomez New Jersey
Bill Guerin Dallas
Mike Knuble Philadelphia
Mike Modano Dallas
Mark Parrish NY Islanders
Brian Rolston Minnesota
Keith Tkachuk St. Louis
Doug Weight St. Louis

Team Canada

Player-NHL Team
Goaltenders (3)
Martin Brodeur New Jersey
Roberto Luongo Florida
Marty Turco Dallas
Defensemen (7)
Rob Blake Colorado
Adam Foote Columbus
Ed Jovanovski Vancouver
Scott Niedermayer Anaheim
Chris Pronger Edmonton
Wade Redden Ottawa
Robyn Regehr Calgary
Forwards (13)
Todd Bertuzzi Vancouver
Shane Doan Phoenix
Kris Draper Detroit
Simon Gagne Philadelphia
Dany Heatley Ottawa
Jarome Iginla Calgary
Vincent Lecavalier Tampa Bay
Rick Nash Columbus
Brad Richards Tampa Bay
Joe Sakic Colorado
Ryan Smyth Edmonton
Martin St. Louis Tampa Bay
Joe Thornton San Jose

Team USA!

Team Canada!

Thoughts, comments?

Oh man from my perspective team USA doesn't stand much of a chance of getting any medal, muchless the gold especially between the pipes. Team canada's goaltending 3some is much better.

Re: Teams USA/Canada for winter olympics announced. #271910
12/22/05 05:58 PM
12/22/05 05:58 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think that our team will most certainly win a medal at the Olympics and right now we are the clear favourite to win gold. However, I do have some problems with the selections. I think that Curtis Joseph should have been chosen as the backup to Martin Brodeur along with Marty Turco. Also, Dan Boyle should have been selected at Defence instead of Robyn Regehr and another player should have been sacrificed so that Bryan McCabe could have a spot on the squad. For the Forwards, Todd Bertuzzi, Shane Doan, Kris Draper, Rick Nash, Brad Richards, Ryan Smith and Martin St. Louis do not deserve to be on this team. Nash is only 21 and will get the chance to play in at least 3 more Olympics. The others mentioned don't deserve to be on the team based on their performance so far this season. In their stead should have been Brendan Shanahan , Sidney Crosby , Jason Spezza , Eric Staal , Rod Brind'Amour , Paul Kariya and Eric Lindros .

As for the U.S.A. the absence of John LeClair , Brian Leetch , and Tony Amonte doesn't make too much sense to me.

After all is said and done I think Canada will win the gold, the Czech Republic will get the silver and Sweden and the U.S.A. will battle it out for the bronze.

Re: Teams USA/Canada for winter olympics announced. #271911
01/05/06 11:16 PM
01/05/06 11:16 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We Win! We Win! Congratulations to Toronto Maple Leaf prospect G Justin Pogge and the Canadian team for winning its second World Junior Hockey Championship in a row! The final score against the Russians was 5 - 0! We all knew we would win but I don't think anyone was expecting it to be in this way. As it always was, as it always is, and as it always will be, the future of Canadian hockey is extremely bright!
Congratulations to the 2006 World Junior Hockey Champions, Canada!

1. Canada
2. Russia
3. Finland

Re: Teams USA/Canada for winter olympics announced. #271912
01/07/06 09:23 PM
01/07/06 09:23 PM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts
Team USA's goaltending isn't that bad, DiPietro might not be fully ready after the injury he suffered this season, if he is ready for the olympics, he is a good choice. Esche is just as good, but I don't know much about what he has done this season, but he did pretty good last season. Grahame has stepped his game up big time during the second quarter of the season. If it where my call, I would have Grahame start backed up by DiPietro. I do think they should of put Ty Conklin on the roster as he has been doing great for Edmonton, even after struggling with an injury this season.

I think that defense is going to be a major issue with team USA. They have two older players, Chelios (43) and Schneider (36), compaired to team Canada's offensive set, which while some may not be that much younger, are quicker.

Team Canada's goaltending has enough experiance in the olympics that they should have a good chemistry transition from game to game if one needs to be pulled.

I think that it will either be Canada or Russia winning the gold with the other taking the silver, and USA or Germany winning the bronze.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"
Re: Teams USA/Canada for winter olympics announced. #271913
02/19/06 07:39 PM
02/19/06 07:39 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Man! Canada is 2 - 2 in the round robin portion of the Olympic Hockey Tournament (the only thing that really matters at the Winter Olympics) after dropping a game a piece to Switzerland! and Finland. I hope that we can beat the tough Czech squad on Tuesday to make it to the knockout stage but after watching the game today it looks like this could be the Finns Gold Medal to lose.

Re: Teams USA/Canada for winter olympics announced. #271914
02/21/06 01:10 AM
02/21/06 01:10 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Is no one else following the Olympic Hockey Tournament?! Don't tell me you guys are all watching figure skating or luge or whatever the fuck?! Anybody...?

Re: Teams USA/Canada for winter olympics announced. #271915
02/22/06 11:02 PM
02/22/06 11:02 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
:rolleyes: The dream is over. Now that Canada has been eliminated from the Hockey tournament The Olympics are officially over (for me anyway). Seeya in British Columbia in 2010!

Re: Teams USA/Canada for winter olympics announced. #271916
02/23/06 12:36 PM
02/23/06 12:36 PM
Toronto
Maple Leafs Offline
Button
Maple Leafs  Offline
Button
Toronto
DJ,
What an embarassing showing for Canada. That was pathetic. Though there should be no shame in losing to Russia, we had the better players, however we looked unorganized from the start.
Brodeur played amazing...Pronger will look like a goat, however he was hurt (not an excuse though), and I think the full blame should be on the forwards. 3 goals in the last 12 periods, and two of them were fluky. What happened to Iginla, Thornton, Gagne, Lecalvier....I could go on and on.

Well, now I am cheering for Sweden, so Sundin can finally feel what it is like to win. Maybe that will charge him up for the drive to the postseason. Here's hopin...

Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart...RUSH
Re: Teams USA/Canada for winter olympics announced. #271917
02/25/06 11:42 AM
02/25/06 11:42 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Maple Leafs, yeah I know. Our performance aside from the games against Hockey lightweights Italy and Germany and our solid performance against the Czech Republic was shameful and Hockey Canada needs to do a fair bit of soul searching to adequately prepare for Vancouver/Whistler 2010. The future does look quite bright though. Sidney Crosby, Eric Staal, Jason Spezza and a few others are all studs and should be in the prime of their careers in 4 years. If Wayne Gretzky can lead the Phoenix Coyotes to the second round of the playoffs (at least) at least one year between now and 2010 he will have bolstered his case for being head coach of Team Canada. As Canadians we expect to win the Gold Medal at every single tournament our boys play in and this is not always realistic. It is realistic however to expect our team to medal in every tournament in which we play and I think that we will win either the bronze or silver in B.C. but if we train correctly and develop sufficiently the gold is a real possibility.

Well...It looks like the final is between Sweden and Finland or between (Mats Sundin and Aki Berg for Maple Leaf fans ). I think Sweden will defeat the Finns in a tough game because although the Finns are a solid force I just feel that the Swedes play together as a team so well and are so experienced and seasoned that it would be difficult for Selanne and Finland to manouvre too much and get anything past that kid Lundqvist.

Re: Teams USA/Canada for winter olympics announced. #271918
02/26/06 06:10 PM
02/26/06 06:10 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Congratulations to Mats Sundin and Sweden, The 2006 Olympic Champions! Canada will win a medal in 2010. Hopefully it will be that yellowish sort of colour that people seem to love to make into jewelery.