GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 241 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,691
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bocce #268054
09/29/05 10:17 AM
09/29/05 10:17 AM
Pittsburgh,PA
LaFamiglia Offline OP
Made Member
LaFamiglia  Offline OP
Made Member
Pittsburgh,PA
Does anyone in here play Bocce? Is there a league at all ? I only get to play Bocce on occasion. I plan on building a Bocce court in my front yard for friends and family to enjoy.

You know, we always called each other good fellas. Like you said to, uh, somebody, :You're gonna like this guy. He's all right. He's a good fella. He's one of us.: You understand? We were good fellas.
Re: Bocce #268055
09/29/05 03:09 PM
09/29/05 03:09 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
I used to play it in gym class.

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Bocce #268056
09/29/05 09:24 PM
09/29/05 09:24 PM
Pittsburgh,PA
LaFamiglia Offline OP
Made Member
LaFamiglia  Offline OP
Made Member
Pittsburgh,PA
You had Bocce in gym class? Man, I had basketball, volleyball and some dumb football type game. I wish I had bocce in my school.

You know, we always called each other good fellas. Like you said to, uh, somebody, :You're gonna like this guy. He's all right. He's a good fella. He's one of us.: You understand? We were good fellas.
Re: Bocce #268057
09/29/05 09:37 PM
09/29/05 09:37 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Until I was about 15, we used to have a next door neighbor who had a bocce court in his backyard, on one little side of the tennis court. He was a little old widower, and he'd have his friends over in the evenings to play. It was the cutest thing ever. I'd totally forgotten about it until I saw this thread.

Anyway, sorry, I have no idea about any leagues or anything.

Re: Bocce #268058
09/30/05 03:34 AM
09/30/05 03:34 AM
Pittsburgh,PA
LaFamiglia Offline OP
Made Member
LaFamiglia  Offline OP
Made Member
Pittsburgh,PA
Yea, watching older people have fun together helps me appreciate life more than I do now. I hope to have friends grow old with me.

Re: Bocce #268059
10/03/05 02:55 AM
10/03/05 02:55 AM
Elmwood Park, Illinois
YoTonyB Offline
Neighborhood Guy
YoTonyB  Offline
Neighborhood Guy
Underboss
Elmwood Park, Illinois
My ideal home would have a yard big enough to accomodate a full size clay bocce court.

There was a little neighborhood tavern and restaurant on a side street in the village where I live. Family-owned, mom in the kitchen, dad behind the bar, daughter waitressing, the drinks were cheap, the food was good, and you always knew at least one other patron in either the bar or the restaurant. A small family place, good food. Everyone minds his business. It had the coin-op bowling machine, the one with the metal puck that you'd glide along a six-foot wood surface and the pins would swing up into the machine. The men's room had the full-length urinal and the .25 cent rubber machine on the wall. It did NOT have the old-fashion' toilet -- you know, the box, and - and - and - ah the chain-thing. If only!

It was next to a public park that had a bocce court. My dad would play every Monday night in the summer, and the tavern would run drinks and antipasto platters out to the bocce court. When I moved back to Chicago in the early '90's, I'd occasionally join him. The tavern eventually changed hands, the park bulldozed the bocce courts, and that pastime gave way to card games.

Later, my dad introduced me to a neighborhood Italian social club in Chicago on Ashland near Diversey. They had indoor clay courts...three of 'em. And a small banquet floor, a bar, and a kitchen with a chef who should have been cooking at a five-star restaurant. We'd have dinner there maybe a half-dozen times each year. That was where I sat at a table with "Mafia Princess" Toni Giancana during a memorable St. Joseph's Day dinner.

Alas, the Lakeview club got an offer for the property that they couldn't refuse. The club disolved, they sold the property and built condominiums on the spot where the clay courts once graced the neighborhood.

I can't remember a moment at either of those two places that wasn't fun.

tony b.

...still looking for his volo shot...

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"
Re: Bocce #268060
10/12/05 10:36 PM
10/12/05 10:36 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
My family and I played Bocce several times over the summer. The city built a huge park near my house, and in it they put a clay Bocce court.

I was thinking of starting a league next year. Or finding out if one exists that I can join. I love the game.

When I was a kid we used to have a couple of Bocci courts around the corner from where I grew up. I remember going there to watch the older men play. Sometimes they would get into some very loud arguements, screaming and cursing each other in Italian. I used to wonder why such nice old men would fight with each other like that. Then I got a little bit older and learned that they were playing for some BIG money in those Bocce tournaments.

I really love the game.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.